More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 14:32:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 3.2.8
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 3.2.8  (Read 11548 times)
foliefag
Tasty Tourist

xlet's do thisx

View Profile
Patch 3.2.8
« on: 2010 April 02, 14:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey guys, I have WA and HELS installed, everything's working fine, (my game used to crash, but all is well now) but I've heard people are having trouble with the latest patch (3.2.8 ) and HELS.
Anyone know if there is any trouble with it, and if I should take any precautions before installing?
I don't have AwesomeMod installed, all I have is some body sliders for MTS, http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=378416 and http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=373389
Cool as, thanks!

oh, ok.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
Re: Patch 3.2.8
« Reply #1 on: 2010 April 02, 17:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is NOT the EA help desk.  This is More Awesome Than You!  This is the MATY forum.  You do not have it, why are you here?
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 April 02, 18:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a 12.

More F than you
foliefag
Tasty Tourist

xlet's do thisx

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 April 02, 22:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jesus just asking for some advice like.

oh, ok.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 April 02, 22:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Firstly, you need to be 18 or over to register on this site. The reason for this is that the site owner thinks that people your age are stupid and does not LIKE people asking stupid questions. Why don't you go ask your questions on the EA site?

Secondly, you might want to reconsider doxing yourself.

More F than you
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 April 02, 23:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are we, Dear Abbey? JFC, just fuck off already

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 April 03, 00:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you need someone to hold your hand for everything you do?  What is it with all these half-arsed bullshit questions of late.

If you have been told there are problems with it, and you choose not to believe them, why the fuck would you believe anything your told here?  Reports of problems and reports of no problems, you decide what the fuck you want to believe and do whatever the fuck you want.  Condoms are always a good precaution before fucking anything.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Michele
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 April 03, 14:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As to this new patch, I have seen error 13, intermittant freezes during game play, the occasional CTD, and the game runs/loads slower.

None of which I have had happen before, though now I play it on an i7 PC rather than  on a P4.

The freeze involves everything in the game, 30 secs to a minute.

Error 13 saves are intrinsically nasty.
Loaded one once, every sim in it in any hosehold was "invisible".
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 April 03, 18:25:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is exactly that, most people here no longer play the game, they just hang around for the chance to insult people asking questions.

No idea about your question as I never updated to the latest patch, usually the official forums is a good idea to check to see if there are persistent problems as the patch have been around for a while.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 April 03, 22:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

usually the official forums is a good idea to check to see if there are persistent problems as the patch have been around for a while.
...and that is why the first replier stated the OP should go to EA's site.

I happen to know that everyone who has replied so far actively plays TS3. Most of them I follow in other communities, and The Goddess is constantly talking about her game.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 April 03, 22:26:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that is not what the first replier said.

The question was if the patch was causing problems and Sims 3 patches have a tendency to break things or breaking then again, there is no need to go on as the first replier did how just because s/he does not use Awesome mod somehow s/he cannot post on this forums.

Last time I checked we had a Awesome Mod section and THIS is not it.

Besides you know I do not take kindly wannabe /b/tards acting like pricks (or more accurately, "bitches")  as for the comment about not playing the game ... well, lets say Pescado screwed up once and did not renewed the timestamp on awesome mod that caused the "about to expire message" and when someone dared to ask about it s/he was roasted about it with the standard "download it again noob" even AFTER other people come forward and said their encounter the same issue and it was only settled when Pescado replied saying "oops, now fixed" that IF they were playing the game they would encounter the same issue.

Also if the wannabe /b/tards hid behind "this is MATY, if you cannot stand the heat get out of the kitchen" then I am going to point out EXACTLY the same and proceed to call upon then.

tl;dr

This is MATY, I can be as much of a prick as anyone else here, fuck off.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 April 03, 22:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The question was if the patch was causing problems and Sims 3 patches have a tendency to break things or breaking then again, there is no need to go on as the first replier did how just because s/he does not use Awesome mod somehow s/he cannot post on this forums.

Last time I checked we had a Awesome Mod section and THIS is not it.

Besides you know I do not take kindly wannabe /b/tards acting like pricks (or more accurately, "bitches")  as for the comment about not playing the game ... well, lets say Pescado screwed up once and did not renewed the timestamp on awesome mod that caused the "about to expire message" and when someone dared to ask about it s/he was roasted about it with the standard "download it again noob" even AFTER other people come forward and said their encounter the same issue and it was only settled when Pescado replied saying "oops, now fixed" that IF they were playing the game they would encounter the same issue.

Also if the wannabe /b/tards hid behind "this is MATY, if you cannot stand the heat get out of the kitchen" then I am going to point out EXACTLY the same and proceed to call upon then.

tl;dr

This is MATY, I can be as much of a prick as anyone else here, fuck off.

Well, Goddess didn't explicitly state, "Go to EA about it," as Zazazu is implying, but a post prior to yours most certainly did:

Firstly, you need to be 18 or over to register on this site. The reason for this is that the site owner thinks that people your age are stupid and does not LIKE people asking stupid questions. Why don't you go ask your questions on the EA site?

Secondly, you might want to reconsider doxing yourself.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 April 03, 22:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

usually the official forums is a good idea to check to see if there are persistent problems as the patch have been around for a while.
...and that is why the first replier stated the OP should go to EA's site.

Actually that is exactly what the ‘first replier' was saying.  I really think more people need to take their questions, concerns, and complaints, directly to EA.  They need to know just how much trouble their mistakes are causing the fans.  I think they have gotten a bit complacent and don't think they need to try as hard to please us.  Also, I find it strange that someone who does not use AM would join a forum dedicated to AM and start a thread to ask a question that has nothing to do with AM, especially since there are already threads that address this same issue.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 April 04, 04:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not always. It depends on exactly when people had downloaded awesomemod. I was actively playing the last time I can recall that scenario occurring and I had no issue. But hey, continue to grind that burr up your ass.

Actually that is exactly what the ‘first replier' was saying.  I really think more people need to take their questions, concerns, and complaints, directly to EA.  They need to know just how much trouble their mistakes are causing the fans.  I think they have gotten a bit complacent and don't think they need to try as hard to please us.  Also, I find it strange that someone who does not use AM would join a forum dedicated to AM and start a thread to ask a question that has nothing to do with AM, especially since there are already threads that address this same issue.
The forum isn't dedicated to AM. It's dedicated to TS2/TS3 as a fan site. There are people who participate here and play TS3 but do not use AM (that's their madness). The issue is the later part of your statement: there are already threads that address the current patch. If a question needed to be asked about this patch, that would be the place to do it. Being a dumb 12 that apparently was doxing itself pretty bad initially and asking a question like that when another thread exists on the same page of the forum that addresses the issue...that's the major problem. And for 12s who don't bother to open their eyes or do a simple search, the BBS is their natural home.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 April 04, 07:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you first see the expiration warning is also sensitive to the local time on your computer. Therefore, if I haven't had a reason to update in awhile and the expiration time winds down to the point where warnings start to top, people in NZ/AUS will start seeing it before Europe, before the US.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
foliefag
Tasty Tourist

xlet's do thisx

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 April 04, 17:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked through some posts and couldn't find anything that really answered my question. If I'm wrong and there is a topic out there with an answer for me - sorry, I guess. I really don't see what the harm in asking a question here, on a TS3 fansite - as already said-, about TS3. I just wanted to get your guys' opinions on it, but from the replies I've gotten, people here just seem narrow-minded.
Seriously, I'd be waiting quite a while getting an answer from EA, as you all already know. And, thanks, Drakron.

oh, ok.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 April 04, 17:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I call bullshit. Thread regarding the current patch combo, on the front page of this subforum. It's been out for awhile, so if people were having major issues with it like we started having right after WA came out, there would be major bitchery. Again, this would have been the appropriate place to post a question if you didn't feel the information in that thread was sufficient.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
foliefag
Tasty Tourist

xlet's do thisx

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 April 04, 17:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read that. Doesn't answer my question. I wanted to know if anyone was having trouble with the patch.

oh, ok.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 April 04, 17:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read that. Doesn't answer my question. I wanted to know if anyone was having trouble with the patch.

Zazazu JUST TOLD YOU that if people were having problems with the patch, it would be in that thread. Make a logical leap here. You can do it.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 April 04, 18:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to get your guys' opinions on it, but from the replies I've gotten, people here just seem narrow-minded.

Not narrow-minded; just fed up with all the redundant threads one has to dig through to find anything of real value on other forums.  We want to make sure Maty remains free of all that crap.  Didn't know any better?  Fine.  Read the rules and lurk.  Don't be a repeat offender.

Seriously, I'd be waiting quite a while getting an answer from EA, as you all already know. And, thanks, Drakron.

Yeah... I'm kinda with you on this.  My own experience with EA has been sucktastic.  Even when the response is timely, the advice isn't always relevant or practical. 
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 April 05, 01:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You really are fucking stupid.  Of course the patch has completely destroyed the game, everyone is just too busy playing their completely fucked up games, courtesy of the patch, to bother posting their complaints about it.

Try engaging your brain and using it sometime.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
gelfling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 April 05, 20:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they were you would not have to look far to read the complaints therefore if you cannot find any there are none - or none worth commenting upon. As EA patches go, this one is inoffensive so the usual advice applies: check and update your mods and custom content to make sure they are compatible with the latest patch.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: