More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:45:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  How to use decrapify.exe (In my own way)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to use decrapify.exe (In my own way)  (Read 46147 times)
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
How to use decrapify.exe (In my own way)
« on: 2010 March 25, 10:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For noobs out there that don't want to be attacked when asking how to use this thing.

For Windows Vista and Windows 7 users: It is best to run all the processes in another drive other than C: as User Account Control (UAC) will try to stop decrapify.exe from changing your files.

First, extract all Sims3Pack (s3p) by using Delphy Sims3Pack Multi Installer Tool into corresponding folder. This means, if you have hairs CC in s3p, extract them into hairs folder, the same goes to stuffs CC in s3p. You may need to create a few folder depending on how much you have the CC. You don't want a folder containing 20gb of packages don't you? If you do have CC in .package format, you just put them into their corresponding folder.

Second, put BOTH decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe in every folder you created. This is important or else it will not work! Then, select about 98 or below .package file and drag it to decrapify.exe. Do this to all your packages. You can't drag over 2000 package into decrapify.exe because it will give an error stating the command line is too long. Don't select package in hairs folder and drag them into decrapify.exe in stuffs folder, it will not work. Only select and drag them into decrapify in the same folder. A window will appear for a few second or minute (depending on CC) and closed itself.

Third, after all the packages in every folder have been decrapified, now you need to package them to a single file by using Sims 3 Package Editor (s3pe). Run s3pe and click File>New. Then click Resource>Import>From Package. Browse for the package folder and open it, select all the .package by CTRL+A and click Open. Select Reject Duplicates option and click Import. If you got a massive number of packages in a folder, maybe it is going to take minutes for s3pe to add each file. The program itself MAY not responding and your computer MAY freeze, do not panic, just wait until all the process is finished. After that, click File>Save, give the package a name and put it in desktop to make it easy for you to find the file later. Again, the program itself MAY not responding and your computer MAY freeze, do not panic. Then, do the same thing to another package folder until you're finished.

Finally, put all the newly created packages to Mods>Packages. Simple right? EDIT1: You need to decrapify your saved games as well. Look for the EDIT2 below

DO NOT EVER BLAME ME IF I DO THIS WRONG. Just tell me nicely, kay? I asked this for about... two weeks? and no one EVER want to help me. Roll Eyes

EDIT2: Sorry, to make Riverview worked you do not need to extract it to packages. Just put it in a folder in s3pack format and put both decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe in the same folder and drag it into decrapify.exe. Then install it normally by using launcher. Thanks to Pes, the disappearance of fireplaces is now fixed! Just download s3rc-win.rar here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15129.0.html. Then, replace your old s3rc.exe and decrapify.exe with the new one you just download. Then re-decrapify it again as in second step. If you had merged all the packages, just drag the merged package into the new decrapify which in the same folder with the new s3rc and the package. Other case: Let's say you have three merged package which each one is about 200Mb or more, it is recommended that you drag only one package at a time into decrapify. Unfortunately, this method (for me) still don't fix corner counter restyling bug. You also need to decrapify your saved game as well, go to C:\Users\(username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves and you will find folder(s) named (save name).sims3 . Then, look for files with the extension .nhd and .package in the folder(s) and as usual, copy s3rc and decrapify to the same directory and drag the files with .nhd and .package to decrapify.exe.
« Last Edit: 2010 April 12, 07:43:27 by Freezerburn » Logged

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: How to use decrapify.exe (In my own way)
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 29, 23:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Corner restyling and Fireplaces are fixed in the more recent versions, so you may want to update.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 30, 03:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! Fireplaces now show up in my game but I still can't restyle corner counters even I cleared the cache. The refuse-to-be-restyled counters are Coco, Shoppe, Overachieving and Cloud 9. For the noobs, the steps are discussed in my edit

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 March 30, 04:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those counters work fine for me in my game. I can place a counter in a corner and recolor it just fine. If you have a counter that is not recoloring, be sure you are using the latest version, have decrapified and reinstalled them, AND have replaced any previous "legacy" counters that may have been unrecolorable. If a corner piece is unrecolorable, replace it and try again.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 March 30, 12:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I am using the latest version. I just redownloaded the program. I cleared the cache, run my game and replaced the counter but still can't restyle. *sigh* So I think it's the time for me to do this whole thing over again. Ugh.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 March 30, 14:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You forgot this bit:

2. If you decrapify objects, you must decrapify all of your SAVED GAMES (.nhd & .packages)

I haven't tried this yet.
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 March 30, 14:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You forgot this bit:

2. If you decrapify objects, you must decrapify all of your SAVED GAMES (.nhd & .packages)

I haven't tried this yet.

Ah, at last! Someone answered this question for me! In my Sunset Valley.sims3 folder, there is 1a5tf1l3.dat, meta.data, Sunset Valley_0x0859db3c.nhd, Sunset Valley_0x0859db3cExportDB.package and TravelDB.package. Which files do I need to decrapify? Do I need to decrapify both package files? And lastly, which program do I need to drag the file into? s3rc.exe or decrapify.exe?

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 March 30, 14:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ones that are .nhd or .package get dragged to decrapify one would assume, just like it said on the tin.
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 March 30, 14:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the folder sunsetvalley.sims3.backup? Do I also need to decrapify it?

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 March 30, 14:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the folder sunsetvalley.sims3.backup? Do I also need to decrapify it?
No, because that save is not even playable, until you remove the .backup part through renaming.
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 March 30, 17:32:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Sigh* I decrapified the save as you said, still can't restyle the corner counter even I clear the cache before running the game and replacing the old counter with the new one. Apparently I found out that when I select the buggy corner counter and put it away to unattach it from other counters, the counter still can't be restyled. It seems that when some counter becomes a corner counter, it will be broken.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
simsisawesome
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 April 11, 21:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For noobs out there that don't want to be attacked when asking how to use this thing.

First, extract all Sims3Pack (s3p) by using Delphy Sims3Pack Multi Installer Tool into corresponding folder. This means, if you have hairs CC in s3p, extract them into hairs folder, the same goes to stuffs CC in s3p. You may need to create a few folder depending on how much you have the CC. You don't want a folder containing 20gb of packages don't you? If you do have CC in .package format, you just put them into their corresponding folder.

Second, put BOTH decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe in every folder you created. This is important or else it will not work! Then, select about 98 or below .package file and drag it to decrapify.exe. Do this to all your packages. You can't drag over 2000 package into decrapify.exe because it will give an error stating the command line is too long. Don't select package in hairs folder and drag them into decrapify.exe in stuffs folder, it will not work. Only select and drag them into decrapify in the same folder. A window will appear for a few second or minute (depending on CC) and closed itself.

Third, after all the packages in every folder have been decrapified, now you need to package them to a single file by using Sims 3 Package Editor (s3pe). Run s3pe and click File>New. Then click Resource>Import>From Package. Browse for the package folder and open it, select all the .package by CTRL+A and click Open. Select Reject Duplicates option and click Import. If you got a massive number of packages in a folder, maybe it is going to take minutes for s3pe to add each file. The program itself MAY not responding and your computer MAY freeze, do not panic, just wait until all the process is finished. After that, click File>Save, give the package a name and put it in desktop to make it easy for you to find the file later. Again, the program itself MAY not responding and your computer MAY freeze, do not panic. Then, do the same thing to another package folder until you're finished.

Finally, put all the newly created packages to Mods>Packages. Simple right?

DO NOT EVER BLAME ME IF I DO THIS WRONG. Just tell me nicely, kay? I asked this for about... two weeks? and no one EVER want to help me. Roll Eyes

EDIT: Sorry, to make Riverview worked you do not need to extract it to packages. Just put it in a folder in s3pack format and put both decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe in the same folder and drag it into decrapify.exe. Then install it normally by using launcher. Thanks to Pes, the disappearance of fireplaces is now fixed! Just download s3rc-win.rar here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15129.0.html. Then, replace your old s3rc.exe and decrapify.exe with the new one you just download. Then re-decrapify it again as in second step. If you had merged all the packages, just drag the merged package into the new decrapify which in the same folder with the new s3rc and the package. Other case: Let's say you have three merged package which each one is about 200Mb or more, it is recommended that you drag only one package at a time into decrapify. Unfortunately, this method (for me) still don't fix corner counter restyling bug.

what is the Delphy Sims3Pack Multi Installer Tool?
also, "put BOTH decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe in every folder you created"
where do you get the decrapify.exe file? what is the purpose of the decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe files? do you know if they have a mac s3rc.exe file available?
also what folders do you mean? (do you mean folders you created for specific CC items?...?)

i apoligize for being a real noob...
« Last Edit: 2010 April 11, 22:14:27 by myshoet » Logged
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 April 12, 07:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why you don't EVER want to use Google for the first question? I don't know why, but my mind keep telling me to be nice today.
1. Delphy's Sims 3 Multi-Pack Installer http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364038
2. Download s3rc-win.rar http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15129.0.html The file decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe are in there. But I'm afraid you can't use the tool because it is not made for Mac. Maybe you can use someone's computer (Windows) to run through all the processes and finally copy the file into your Mac.
3. decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe MUST be in the same folder with the content you want to decrapify or else it will NOT work!
4. Yes, I suggest you create multiple folders for specific CC. For instance, Hairs and Stuffs.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 April 12, 16:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why, but my mind keep telling me to be nice today.

It's Spring.   
simsisawesome
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 April 13, 03:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why you don't EVER want to use Google for the first question? I don't know why, but my mind keep telling me to be nice today.
1. Delphy's Sims 3 Multi-Pack Installer http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364038
2. Download s3rc-win.rar http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15129.0.html The file decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe are in there. But I'm afraid you can't use the tool because it is not made for Mac. Maybe you can use someone's computer (Windows) to run through all the processes and finally copy the file into your Mac.
3. decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe MUST be in the same folder with the content you want to decrapify or else it will NOT work!
4. Yes, I suggest you create multiple folders for specific CC. For instance, Hairs and Stuffs.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.
Bia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 May 25, 18:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for you tutorial! It's great!

I was wondering if it works with custom worlds too, because I just tried doing what you said and it didn't work with it.

Well, I'm going to keep trying but if you guys know something about please help me!  Grin

foxygator
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 May 25, 23:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feeling completely retarded here... but WHERE are the saves?

I've managed to (well, hopefully anyway) decrapify all my packages. But cannot for the LIFE of me find the saves I'm supposed to do next.

Under a total default install and in Win 7x64, where should I look? Or what file extension should I look for?

Any help would be awesome here.
Mirablu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 May 26, 10:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're probably referring to your game saves: My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves.
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 May 26, 13:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Keep in mind that it is best to do all these decrapify work in drive other than C: I've done it by copying the stuff I want to decrapify such as Saves and I put it in D: with s3rc.exe and decrapify.exe and after decrapifying, I put it back into their respective directory or User Account Control will fuck everything up.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
foxygator
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 May 26, 23:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're probably referring to your game saves: My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves.

Damn. Now that retard feeling is validated. Sigh.

Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: