More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 06:43:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.11/2.6/3.2
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.11/2.6/3.2  (Read 46205 times)
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.11/2.6/3.2
« Reply #25 on: 2010 March 27, 19:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One glitch I've noticed so far with the new patch is that the female voices in CAS 1 and 2 are switched. This is on a fresh install on a new PC, but I wonder if anyone else has noticed this?

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 March 28, 00:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One glitch I've noticed so far with the new patch is that the female voices in CAS 1 and 2 are switched. This is on a fresh install on a new PC, but I wonder if anyone else has noticed this?

Yeah I noticed that. I thought it was just a mod conflict or something.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2010 March 28, 03:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another possible glitch: I directed my swimming Sim to go to that deep fried diner to eat something and he changed his clothing, while still swimming, got out of the pool and promptly ran to the diner.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 March 28, 04:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another possible glitch: I directed my swimming Sim to go to that deep fried diner to eat something and he changed his clothing, while still swimming, got out of the pool and promptly ran to the diner.

That seems like a timesaver!
But I don't have that glitch. May just be an anomaly.
Krumpet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 March 28, 06:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kept getting an error saying the base game is incompatible with the latest expansion pack, and that I should update through the launcher which of course if that worked I wouldn't be typing this. So I manually downloaded the correct patch to update the base game and kept getting an error message saying file not found and the patcher ends without finishing. I've been through everything I know to make sure all CC has been removed and that would include altered files and still can't find a solution even though i've searched for answers in several forums. Any help on this, anyone?

I'm not sure about the patcher not finishing bit, Noenmity, but I'm pretty sure that the first bit is addressed on the actual Sims3 website forum.  The advice given is to delete the Version.tag.  Some folks say it doesn't work though, in which case others reply that an uninstall of EADM (and reinstall, I suppose) makes it work.   Perhaps this info will help you.
Rolfy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 March 29, 13:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've installed the patch for the game, but when I try to install the patch for CAW I get a "Update Error: File not found" message. Anyone experiencing this?

Update: OK found the solution. If you get this error just uninstall the CAW Tool and reinstall it, then the patch will work. BUT BEFORE you do that, make sure you back up any world files that you have and\or are working on.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 29, 17:55:42 by Rolfy » Logged

Check out Beauty Central showcased on my Mini-site at TSR. And visit the Home of Beauty Central at SID!
Fernweather
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 March 29, 13:26:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like the old stuck teddy bear glitch might be back. Since updating to the latest patch, I have two sims who now have Wugglesworth teddy bears stuck in their inventories.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 March 29, 23:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't say I've noticed this, and I specifically looked for it after you mentioned it...but my sims sound exactly as they did before. So, must be you.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 April 12, 04:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After a frustrating few hours, I think I've finally managed to un-break my game, which was showing a bug with the sound that I had never seen before, nor could find mentioned here or elsewhere.  I'm running the base game only with the latest patch, after uninstalling WA due to that annoying issue that there can be no two Pangu's Axes or sets of Eyes of Horus in the same game.  On top of it, either the Axe or the Eyes or both would disappear on me at the slightest provocation.  I do not run the AwesomeMod, although I admire JMP's work and lurk on this website quite a bit.  I do not own HELS and will not buy any SP that does not come with a hot tub or a diving board.

The bug I had involved the sound:  suddenly there were absolutely no game sounds whatever, apart from an endlessly looping version of ambient/street noise.  No Sim speech, no sound effects from any equipment or items used (although the animations would keep going), not even any game-related sounds from clicking on items or the like.  Going to Build Mode or Edit Town did nothing, nor did exiting to the main menu.  I could save the game without getting a .bad file, but then could not quit without using the Task Manager.  (And no, I do not have a Dell, though probably I might as well have one.)  I couldn't play the game for more than a few minutes, it seemed, without this bug coming up.

I cleared every cache multiple times, deactivated any possible CC culprit (not too hard since I run a pretty lean game), rebooted my computer, made sure my sound card driver was up to date, decrapified until there was absolutely no crap to be found within a 50-mile radius of my computer, and finally ran the AwesomeMod just long enough to enter "fixall."  The latter did a world of good, I'm sure, but didn't solve the problem.  I would never have figured out what was the problem until by sheer luck I noticed what happened:  the bug began when one of my Sims got on his bicycle to go somewhere.

Bicycle?  Yes, I had traded in my Sims' car for bikes for the whole family, not out of an urgent desire to make them go green, but because the cars would also cause sound issues.  Apparently changing to bicycles doesn't make it any better.  So as to whether this is due simply to my particular h4xx0rz cocktail (which hasn't changed much in recent weeks), or to the patch, I cannot say -- but I suspect the patch.  I had never noticed this bug before this latest patch.

So I guess, along with teddy bears (see Fernweather's post above), I can add vehicles of any kind to the list of items I must not give my Sims to use.  So it's the carpool, public transportation, or travelling on foot for my toons -- until another patch comes out that solves this problem but breaks three other things that had always worked until then.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.  Tongue
Shan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 April 12, 09:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My launcher recently went kaboom for no reason so I'm forced to install this patch from the .exe files you kind people provided. However, went I try to install them, I get "This setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect. This update requires a different game region in order to be installed." What does it mean by "game region"?

I'm sure the solution is blatantly obvious so feel free to yell and scream at me.

Edit: I think my game region is 001 but I'm not positive. So I'm guessing I need a patch that works with region 001?
« Last Edit: 2010 April 12, 09:26:31 by Shan » Logged

"Nickelodeon airing a cartoon written by the same person who wrote Johnny the Homicidal Maniac? Isn't that kinda like Disney hiring Ron Jeremy to write a show?"
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 April 12, 11:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is getting tired.  Why EAxis made the game with different regions, I don't know, but they did.  If your launcher has packed it in, and you're running windows, try downloading the EA downloader, a Google search will give you plenty of options, and re-install it.  When the launcher dies, it is usually because the EADM didn't patch properly, re-installing will usually get the launcher working again.

In the meantime, you can get different patches from here http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-patches/

Either by looking at the launcher, or by using Delphy's dashboard, available at MTS, you can check the full version number.  The last few numbers give you the region code you need.

Edit: fixed your=you're
« Last Edit: 2010 April 12, 11:59:26 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 April 12, 11:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Godammit Merlin - you've been told a billion times - it's you're - godammit!

You are = you're

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 April 12, 12:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bangs head, have been working at staying on top of that one.  Alas, that one slipped through.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 April 12, 12:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know if you keep messing that up, you'll never be chosen for modship. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 April 12, 17:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All updated apart from CAW,  the text tells me
Applying DFC Update for 'worldbuilder.ini'
Error: err0025 - File not found
I have not even touched my CAW files. What's up with that?
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2010 April 12, 17:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of patches, the only major issue I experience with the game that I find worth complaining about is the lights.

Lights. Do. Not. Spread. Off. Lots.

That frustrates me to absolutely no end. They will light objects off lots (rocks), lots will be lit by off-lot lights (street lamps), but lights on lots will not spread past the edge. Apparently this was possible in the base base base base game, but an early patch nerfed it.

In a futile attempt to get some attention for this issue from EA I sent a ticket thingy about it and got "pete" (real name something foreign, probably) who suggested clearing my caches and making the game generate a new save file.

*sigh*
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 April 12, 20:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, that's just stupid. That type of issue is clearly due to graphics and coding and is unlikely to be anything to do with the settings on your individual pc.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 April 12, 21:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the lighting issue will ever get fixed. I have vague memories of outdoor lights casting light on walls several stories high (rather than just the ground floor like we have now), and none of that glowing shit either. In fact, the borked lights came in at the same time EA introduced that shiny bloom-effect crap on light sources.

It will never get fixed. I've tried looking around different packages (especially those delta packages that the patches create), .ini files and whatever else I can look at in s3pe or notepad and I can't find a thing. I'll bet it's just a hard-coded parameter that's doing this but EA continue to demonstrate that they still don't know their arse from their elbow.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2010 April 12, 23:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly it'd be managed by shader files, wherever those are, but we dont know how to change those.

I wish that Gunmod guy was still around, or that some experienced modders out there would dedicate time to it, because it's just so frustrating Sad
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 April 13, 03:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That frustrates me to absolutely no end. They will light objects off lots (rocks), lots will be lit by off-lot lights (street lamps), but lights on lots will not spread past the edge. Apparently this was possible in the base base base base game, but an early patch nerfed it.
Why not go through the iterative process to find out when this happened and take pix?

Shan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 April 13, 03:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is getting tired.  Why EAxis made the game with different regions, I don't know, but they did.  If your launcher has packed it in, and you're running windows, try downloading the EA downloader, a Google search will give you plenty of options, and re-install it.  When the launcher dies, it is usually because the EADM didn't patch properly, re-installing will usually get the launcher working again.

In the meantime, you can get different patches from here http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-patches/

Either by looking at the launcher, or by using Delphy's dashboard, available at MTS, you can check the full version number.  The last few numbers give you the region code you need.

Edit: fixed your=you're

Thank you so much! I managed to get the patch installed!

"Nickelodeon airing a cartoon written by the same person who wrote Johnny the Homicidal Maniac? Isn't that kinda like Disney hiring Ron Jeremy to write a show?"
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2010 April 13, 04:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not go through the iterative process to find out when this happened and take pix?

I actually considered reinstalling simply to find out WHICH file may have been altered, to see if copying it from the disc and replacing would explode the game or not. But...I am happy with the current stability of my installation and really would rather not uninstall it and reinstall it. Not that I could do much with the information anyway, as since it's a lighting functionality property it's likely a shader issue which nobody knows how to deal with yet. Sad
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 April 13, 14:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you know the saying: If you want to be Chinese, you have to eat nasty food.

dawnp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 April 14, 20:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bought a custom built gaming pc and installed the game and patched in the correct order as advised.  I then replaced all of my saved files, mods etc...
The thing is, it's not set up to the internet just yet so I got the cumulative patches from thesims3.com.  I saved them to my USB and transferred them to my new pc.
Everything was fine until I tried to check my sims3pack downloads, which had been done through the launcher.
I needed to find a file that was cataogued incorrectly and was appearing on my baby and child sims thus making them deformed.
None of the items had the pictures and not everything that had been installed was listed. They were showing up fine in the game though.
As soon as I found one of the files I needed to get rid of, I uninstalled it. But, all of the lots I had downloaded showed in the list but nothing else.
Is it possible that it's the patch to blame?
It was working fine on my laptop until I got this new patch.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 April 14, 20:17:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bought a custom built gaming pc and installed the game and patched in the correct order as advised.  I then replaced all of my saved files, mods etc...
The thing is, it's not set up to the internet just yet so I got the cumulative patches from thesims3.com.  I saved them to my USB and transferred them to my new pc.
Everything was fine until I tried to check my sims3pack downloads, which had been done through the launcher.
I needed to find a file that was cataogued incorrectly and was appearing on my baby and child sims thus making them deformed.
None of the items had the pictures and not everything that had been installed was listed. They were showing up fine in the game though.
As soon as I found one of the files I needed to get rid of, I uninstalled it. But, all of the lots I had downloaded showed in the list but nothing else.
Is it possible that it's the patch to blame?
It was working fine on my laptop until I got this new patch.

If you just copy and pasted the bad item to the new computer, rather than installing it through the launcher, it will not show up in the launcher.  Are you certain it was not copied over from your USB.  It could be possible that it was installed both ways and you have 2 copies.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: