More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 12:08:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Can't go on vacation !
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't go on vacation !  (Read 11018 times)
Pureness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can't go on vacation !
« on: 2010 March 15, 17:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey there,
I have installed everything correctly, and it was all working just fine, all the Mods and stuff !, it was one happy hour
until I decided to take my Sims on an adventure to China, the screen never load and it just froze so I had to "end task"

and before you tell me "use the little box called SEARCH". I'll answer that "I ALREADY DID"
so maybe I am using a wrong key word for my problem. I tried "WA problems", "WA lag and freez", "Can't go on a vacation"

I found this link: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17718.0.html
but I waited for 40 minutes and the screen didn't load, so that's not the answer.

and about this one "Sims cannot visit China?": http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17990.0.html
that is not the same as my problem too.

so now, how can fix this?
« Last Edit: 2010 March 16, 18:36:49 by Pureness » Logged
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
Re: Can't go on vacation !
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 15, 18:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It actually takes a very long time for the vacations to load, and can seem as though they are not going to.  Try giving it more time.  Try typing the words (vacation loading, no quotation marks) in the advanced search.  There are lots of threads to read about this.   
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 15, 19:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forty minutes is a long time, even on a slow machine.  I would hazard a guess and say that not everything is loaded correctly, but keep in mind that the description of your problem is only 11 words long.  I might be wrong.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 March 16, 03:54:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may know the solution to your problem. Unfortunately for you, I cannot answer it because of the poor formatting, capitalization and grammar of your post. I just could not read past the first sentence.
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 March 18, 04:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From her sentence structure I would hazard a guess that English is not her native language. Since my Chinese is far more execrable than her English is, I will not attempt to judge her grammar in this instance.
Pureness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 March 18, 08:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks Goddess, I tried to let it load without even counting minutes. and for some reason it worked after the third or forth try !
now I am having anothe strange problem. Its about strange codes (if that was the right word to descride them)
you can see the problem here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18279.0.html

and about my weak English, I apologize =)
« Last Edit: 2010 March 18, 09:16:53 by Pureness » Logged
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 March 20, 01:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I've been having exactly the same issue and I'd been puzzling over it. I wasn't sure yet if it was linked to an issue with a specific quest or not, so I was going to wait before I mentioned anything.

And before anyone asks, I've got the most recent patch and a version of AM which is only a few days old.

Basically what happens is that if you send more than one Sim at a time it's like the family doesn't actually load, it's like the neighborhood is blank and you have a tiny little blank head in the corner. For an experiment, I ran it for over a day of Sim time, and it never loaded. Here's a pic.

I thought originally that it was linked to an owned lot when the family was able to go to Eypt (where they didn't have an owned lot) but I'm not sure about that now. The issue occurred in China as well where they didn't have an owned lot, however they were on the same quest that they were on in France, where they also experienced the error.

I've packaged up a copy of the family from right before the error occurs, in case Pescado decides he wants to take a look at the error.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 March 20, 07:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this happen in a clean test neighborhood, or only that neighborhood?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 March 20, 08:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll double-check that Pescado and get back to you. It might just take a day or so to play another household to that point.

It seemed to trigger when she got a quest that went across a couple of neighborhoods, as in go to China to chase the key of James Vaughan or something. It also seemed to happen around the point that she got to level 3 in that 'hood but no-one else in the household was at that Visa level, and she can visit those neighborhoods but noone else can. However the quest has now finished and I'm still getting that error.

As soon as I've found out one way or another, I'll report back to you in this thread.

edit: Ok, I've checked and the other neighborhood isn't having that issue. I'm beginning to think this is a straightforward sign of the neighborhood imploding. It's not mod related. The only Mod I have in the game other than a few custom patterns is AwesomeMod.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 20, 09:46:11 by saraswati » Logged
Saikatsu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 March 20, 20:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

saraswati, I had the same problem, except it was every time a household attempted to go home from Egypt. The only way I was able to fix it was to revert to a save from before they left home and move them to a new neighborhood, so I'd definitely go with impending BFBVFS.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 March 20, 21:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Saikatsu, so do you think it's some combination of actions that's triggering this error, or do you think it's just random?
Saikatsu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 March 20, 22:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know enough to answer that. One of my sims did have a quest to bring back a crocodile from Egypt and then another in France with the same objective, which sort of sounds like what happened in your game, but a sample size of two doesn't tell anyone much of anything.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 March 20, 22:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it's possible that those cross-neighborhood quests cause the issue, but we need more evidence.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 March 21, 00:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it's possible that those cross-neighborhood quests cause the issue, but we need more evidence.

I have completed cross neighbourhood quests previously without any problems.

It may simply be something in the neighbourhood, or even an individual sim which has become corrupted, and is manifesting itself in this way.  Due to the way TS3 is designed, it does appear more prone to corruption issues than what TS2 was.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 March 21, 01:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or maybe specific quests are triggering the issue?
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 March 21, 11:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I lost a game because I saved it in France and could never get my sims back to their home 'hood after that - the main 'hood would start to load and then I would end up back in France but with no sims to control. So it was essentially the same problem as yours.

I could be wrong, but my 2 cents says it's not specific quests causing this problem. I think the game's been out long enough that if it were specific quests or even specific types of quests that a pattern would have been noticed by now. I think game or sim corruption is more likely the cause. But overall we just don't have enough data to make a definitive judgement one way or another.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 March 21, 17:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I sincerely doubt it's a specific quest thing. I've done every single quest in every land at least twice. The only real issue I've had with the game is a rather rampant case of midgetism that affects about half my sim children and a very few sim babies. I'd think that most of us that have WA have done every quest at this point.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 March 21, 22:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got that glitch ages ago, just after WA came out, when I was playing my test neighbourhood which I subsequently deleted. I had the same glitch again last week. This time I quit without saving and tried again a few times with the same result, so I guessed it must be a glitchy household.

More F than you
MiaHaglund
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 March 23, 14:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem two days ago, when I was going to vacation with my sim family (CAS-created) in Riverview. It was their fourth vacation, (one in each vacationneighbourhood) and on their second vacation in "the desert". She that was booking the vacation had a mission in each vac-hood, so it could be due to having several missions.  Undecided

When I arrived I've got the empty frame, but I tried to go to "change/edit town" at the vacation-NH and that worked Huh. I even could creata a family in CAS there. They showed up in the menu to. Shocked

I had a "clean game". No packages, only store-bought content. I couldn't do anything with moving sims in though, so I ended the game. I had patched and had HELS in. Soon after that I ended up with viruses/trojan in my PC so I have just re-booted my hole PC and is going to install again. Is hooping for better result this time... Wink
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 March 23, 22:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh noes, I wish you wouldn't mention these game glitches. It usually takes a week or two and then they catch up with me. So far I think I have had them all, which means that I will be getting those strange toddler children soon. DNW

As for empty vacation 'hoods, I didn't try to create sims in mine but I did select an already existing French household. This guy I selected lived with a female sim but she wasn't home; he had another sim there visiting and they were chatting, then they watched TV together. It was surreal. And the relationship bar was all in red and never changed or varied, which I thought was bizarre.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 March 24, 08:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you create a sim in CAS when you get that that glitch, you can play it/them just fine except that the game thinks that (a) your missing sims are DEAD and (b) your new sims are on vacation. It sends the new ones back to the base neighbourhood after the vacation time expires, to the lot your missing sims lived on, and the new sim/s will have a "witnessed death" moodlet in respect of the missing ones although of course they never met. It's actually really funny, but probably isn't that great for the game.

So if you want to ever see your missing sims again, quit without saving when you get the empty live mode screen.

More F than you
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 March 24, 21:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I've always done - just exited without saving when I get to that point. I go back in every once in awhile just to see if I can think of something else to try. I wasn't through all the adventures and for awhile didn't even visit any of the worlds when I started a new game just because doing the same old adventures over again didn't appeal to me.

Although I've never tried to save it in that empty condition, it's not playable as it is so I'm not sure it matters! I would have liked to save their house to the library, though, so maybe I should try creating a new sim just to get back to the neighborhood to do that.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 March 25, 05:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can probably do that from "edit town" in your main neighbourhood, as there are icons that open the vacation neighbourhoods for editing.

More F than you
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: