More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 21:28:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Spawn are rolling generic wants intead of parent-related ones
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Spawn are rolling generic wants intead of parent-related ones  (Read 6022 times)
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Spawn are rolling generic wants intead of parent-related ones
« on: 2010 March 20, 01:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See title. This is only happening with CAS-created spawnlets, both of whom had their parents created in CAS also. Children born in-game do not appear to have this bug. The afflicted sims are a toddler and a child in the same household, but not of the same family, just co-habiting. I've checked, and their family trees are correctly linked as is the parent-child relationship setting, so what gives? Fixable, or am I just going to have to grind my teeth and ignore it?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Spawn are rolling generic wants intead of parent-related ones
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 20, 04:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Define "rolling generic wants instead of parent-related ones". Also, unclear why this is a bad thing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 20, 04:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My other spawn who were born in-game instead of CAS'd roll things like 'Be snuggled by (mother)', instead it'll roll 'be snuggled'. I forgot to note that its' reciprocal as well: parents of these spawnlets aren't rolling things like 'teach (baby) to walk'.

It might not be a bad thing but I thought it good thinking to check.

Edited for misleading wording.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 March 20, 07:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be that their relationship scores aren't high enough.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 March 21, 05:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, parents that aren't knowledge or family sims don't often roll wants to teach toddler skills, in my experience.  Having toddlers roll general "be snuggled" wants isn't strange, either, even when the relationships are high.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 March 21, 06:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even when they've gotten older and relationship values have increased, they don't roll the usual parent-child wants in teenagerhood either, ie. (child) gets scholarship, get (child) into private school. The non-CAS'd ones didn't have that issue, although it's possible that I just didn't notice before.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 March 21, 14:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happens more for CAS sims, more for alien-born or artificially spawned same sex sims, and more if you adopt also. Sort of like the game knows there is a child there, but isn't too sure who it is. My born-in-game sims do that also sometimes though. The toddlers will roll wants for their mom and if she doesn't fill them wants for their dad and if he doesn't, then just wants for *someone*. And the father that ended up with 5 kids, 3 teens at once would usually want the eldest or the last one that aged to go to college, but sometimes it was like he was saying, 'God would some of you kids just get out of the house already, any one, I don't care which.'

As it happens to born-in-game sims too, I wouldn't worry about it.

Unsouper
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2010 March 22, 01:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scholarship wants seem to only happen with knowledge-aspiration parents, and getting into private school with fortune or knowledge.  What are their aspirations?  Do they roll wants for good report cards?  It's been ages since I played with CAS families, but I'm remembering that I didn't notice a lack of good-report-card wanting at least with one that I created from clones with two children and one teen.  (I didn't get any scholaship wants, but this was before I installed uni; I didn't get any private school wants, but neither of the parents were fortune.)  IIRC, there is a problem with adopted kids satisfying grandchildren wants, but TBH I haven't had any grandchildren wants satisfy when the grandchildren were born off-lot anyway.  Even if something like that is going on, though, it's not going to break your game, and it's probably a pain in the ass to fix.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Sunbee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 March 23, 01:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if maybe you are missing some data in the SWAF files for these CAS created kids.
The only neighborhood I've had this phenomenon in is one that has issues in genera: the HP uber-megahood.  (The Picasos produced children with straight up custom template elf faces and a custom geneticized non-default skintone as well as regular children: they have two sets of twins and the second of each set is the changeling.  I'm guessing that the mom's DNA is wonky because the two firsts look just like the dad.)
I caused the wants panel mess when I deleted ALL the SWAF in SimPE.  I figured I wanted to play with my new toy, even though it probably won't last long, and it isn't that big a deal to me: and it beat the sims having all sorts of messed up stray data, particularly the toddlers and children channeling the darned romance sims' number LTWs.  (Yes, I know about the cleaned-up versions--those require BV which I don't have).  The premade toddlers never naturally rolled a want, but I could get generic be snuggled, be played with, be read to with the lot debugger.  The children generally had a blank fear slot up until their teen birthdays, and other sims took a few days of play to start rolling wants and fears consistently, and some (only employees of businesses which have been played since their family was last played) still give me several blank slots upon loading the family.
But I know the neighborhood's a mess and likely to explode, and someday I'll have BV and get one of the clean versions, or I'll get brave/bored enough to fix this version myself.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: