More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:15:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Sims can't go steady, etc even with awesomemod?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims can't go steady, etc even with awesomemod?  (Read 15580 times)
babeyangel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Sims can't go steady, etc even with awesomemod?
« on: 2010 March 19, 19:46:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have The Sims 3 with WA and for some reason my sim can't go further than romantic interest with the person I want her to have a relationship with. At first I thought it was because she had an ex-boyfriend/girlfriend and so I got her to become just friends with her ex. She's not in a relationship (I looked on the guy's sim to make sure that she wasn't in a relationship) but she still can't seem to get in a relationship with him. And yes, I do know about the whole extremely irresistible thing (i play this game often).

I downloaded awesomemod because I read that it can fix this problem and i typed in fixall, but it's not working. All it has done is give more Romantic actions to both of the sims in question (Before the guy was only showing like 4 actions even when they're being extremely irresistible and the girl was the same). Neither of the sims have traits that would stop them from getting into a relationship either. I've also tried having them do romantic gestures to each other for a long time both before and after putting in awesomemod..but nothing.

I even made sure that either of them had any other romantic interests (although this problem never came up before in the past, so I don't think this has to do with their romantic interests)

I've been playing the Sims for a long time and this was the first time this situation came up. Please tell me if I'm doing something wrong with awesomemod or if my game is just messed up or what. I'm going insane trying to figure it out >.<
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Sims can't go steady, etc even with awesomemod?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 20, 04:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is very strange. I can take a look at your save if you can post it somewhere.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
babeyangel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 20, 06:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i know this is gonna sound absolutely silly of me, but i don't know how to..er..show you my save? or what file it is? -_-;;;;; if you could please tell me, i would be happy to post/send/teleport it to you >.<
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 March 20, 07:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stick it someplace on your website and link it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
babeyangel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 March 20, 07:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sorry that if this is really bothersome, but i don't know what file i should be putting up though
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 March 20, 09:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A classic case of PEBKAC.

Words of one syllable don't cut it so I had to use two or more syllables occasionally, I hope that's OK. Note: I'm only doing this so you will STOP WHINING.

Grow a brain (this will be the hard part!)
Find "My Documents" on your desktop. Not your desk, it's the flat part of your computer called a monitor, that has little pictures of stuff on it. There will be a little picture called "My Documents". Or click the little picture called "Start" on the bottom left of the monitor if you don't see the "My Documents" one.
Double click on the little picture.
Find a folder called "Electronic Arts".
Double click on it, this will open the folder.
Find a folder called "The Sims 3"
Double click on it.
Find a folder called "Saves"
Now that you know how to double click, look in this folder (you'd never have guessed to look here, would you?) for the saved game you were playing. Hint: they have names, as well as times and dates on them.
Make a copy of the one you had a problem with.
Post it somewhere and link to it here so JMP can see it.
Now stop abusing your keyboard, in fact preferably don't post again.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 20, 10:13:57 by tngrspacecadet » Logged

More F than you
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 March 20, 10:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you can't post saved games as attachments, those things are ginormous. You have to put it on your own website.

lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 March 20, 14:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, just out of curiosity, and because the cute answer by tngrspacecadet was incomplete, are all the files in the save directory important or are just certain files important for diagnostic purposes? Is it necessary to include the vacation save files if the problem is in the home world?  Are you loading the game into Sims 3 or running a program over them to extract information?

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 March 21, 15:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, this particular form of the unable-to-go-steady thing should now be fixed in fixall of the new version.

So, just out of curiosity, and because the cute answer by tngrspacecadet was incomplete, are all the files in the save directory important or are just certain files important for diagnostic purposes? Is it necessary to include the vacation save files if the problem is in the home world?
Yes, because the problem that manifests in the homeworld may actually originate in a vacation world.

Are you loading the game into Sims 3 or running a program over them to extract information?
Both.

Warduke
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 March 27, 19:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having the same problem, I will check for a solution and if I cannot find one I will up my save file to rapidshare for you.. that is if you want me to.

Sims player since the original Sims.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 March 28, 03:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you done a fixall in the afflicted neighborhoods and subhoods?

Resender
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 June 29, 14:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I got the same problem the daughter of my founding sim can't go steady with her love intrest.
I have tried the mod and fixall but it doesn't seem to help.

I send a PM to Pescado with my save but i'm posting it here as well
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YZDP86JZ
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 July 06, 15:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have reviewed this problem and cannot reproduce it. Your sim was able to go steady just fine. You just need to work up the STC more.

Resender
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 July 12, 08:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah found out as well that I didn't have that specific bug, but I hate that I have to chain romantic interactions even between newly weds to try for baby
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 July 12, 08:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

setstc <othersim> hot

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2010 July 12, 09:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only sims that wont go steady or romantic for me are Teen relationships with YA or above, even with teen-adult relationships enabled. Once the teens turn to adult, they automatically jump to romantic interest. However they can marry just fine, with the standard xml tweaks.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: