More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:25:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Updating my CC: BCON files
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Updating my CC: BCON files  (Read 8717 times)
languid
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Updating my CC: BCON files
« on: 2010 March 19, 11:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm updating my CC using Lord Darcy's old Update Resource files. All has been going well until I started to update some bookcases using: Bookcase_UpdatedResources_FT.
It requires that I update BCON but my CC bookcase has no BCON files in the resource tree of Simpe. How do I update or add the BCON files?
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Updating my CC: BCON files
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 19, 13:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get The Sims 3.   What't wrong with all these stuck-in-the-past people?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
languid
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 19, 13:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, why are you hanging around in the TS2 forum? And why do you assume I don't have the sims 3?
Back to the original question...
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 March 19, 18:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because Shrek is ugly.  Mini-games are stupid.  And I don't like a game that plays itself.  I like designing shops and restaurants.

And what the fuck business is it of yours. teacozy brain?
« Last Edit: 2010 March 19, 18:48:21 by Lerf » Logged
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 March 19, 18:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lerf, you should play Sims 3.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 March 19, 19:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pudding does suck! I understand that modders and the like think "Pudding is teh future." (as Pescado once put it) and so most of the talent won't bother with TS2 anymore - I get that, I understand etc but telling people just to play TS3 - I mean, really, Teabag?

16:29   spockers   I fucking hate going to see movies in theaters now.
16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 March 19, 19:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haifen, how can you defend Sims 2 players?  And to think they made you a senator...

haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 March 19, 19:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And to think you were voted out and denied any badge of dignity that you so embarrassingly pined for...

16:29   spockers   I fucking hate going to see movies in theaters now.
16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 March 19, 20:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried Sims 3 at a friends house for an hour, and while it will save me a fortune in sleep aids, it takes too long to work and has far more annoying side effects.

But then  I've always played the game wrong.  I like doing a rotation. I hate having 3/4 of the neighborhood meet a boojum or something and disappear.  I understand there's some sort of button that means only 1/2 the neighborhood disappears when you're not looking.  And, if you don't mind updating Pescado's hack every 3 hours you can assure that only 1/4 of your neighborhood disappears at any given time.

And I still predict that EA is going to work very hard to make sure that 3rd party CC is becomes more and more difficult until it reaches the point that it's too much trouble.  It may be short-sighted of them but EA is rapidly getting the point of needing a white cane to approach it's customer base anyway.  From what I've seen all 3rd party CC appears to cease to work after each EP or SP as it is.

And I really detest bullies.

And, Inge dear, if the game is so great how come you're not playing it?
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2010 March 19, 20:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And, Inge dear, if the game is so great how come you're not playing it?

Because it's more fun being an irritating old biddy on forums.

Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 March 19, 21:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which merely proves my point.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2010 March 27, 12:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm updating my CC using Lord Darcy's old Update Resource files. All has been going well until I started to update some bookcases using: Bookcase_UpdatedResources_FT.
It requires that I update BCON but my CC bookcase has no BCON files in the resource tree of Simpe. How do I update or add the BCON files?

Pre-OFB custom bookcases do not have that BCON, it was introduced in OFB for owned business lots. Right-click on Resource List window and add BCON.

Check my tutorial about updating fridges for the detailed instruction. There is a step about adding a new BHAV to custom fridges.

languid
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 March 31, 08:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah ha! That explains alot. Thanks for the info and link.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2010 April 01, 01:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get The Sims 3.   What't wrong with all these stuck-in-the-past people?

From a creating POV, I spent a lot of time acquiring the skillsets needed to work on it and still enjoy using them, and the tools available to mod TS3 have not yet advanced to the same level.  (I have TS3 and played around with making stuff for it a bit.  Another separate program to download and install for each and every task, and yay for tracking down instance numbers and hex editing!  It's a gigantic PITA compared to firing up Ye Olde SimPE plus Milkshape and doing whatever the hell I need to do, unless things have moved along a lot further than I think they have since I last looked into it.)

From a playing POV, the game itself and the cc available for it are still at least two or three EP's away from being really worth the bother, and the Sims themselves are just not as appealing as their TS2 counterparts.  Which, along with their houses and a lot of their stuff, I also put a lot of trouble into making and don't want to discard just so I can turn around and make them all over again in another game I don't like as well.  :p

ETA:  Good to see Lord Darcy is still around  Smiley

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: