More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 15:15:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  SOME custom doors and windows missing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SOME custom doors and windows missing  (Read 3037 times)
Tiger-Lily
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
SOME custom doors and windows missing
« on: 2010 March 16, 22:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So my problem is a little weird, even for TS2. I downloaded a bunch of window+door sets off TSR, MTS2 and Reflex Sims and then noticed one thing they all had in common - not showing up in game. They DO show on Clean Installer, so they're not corrupted

The difference between this bunch of custom build objects and the old bunch of custom doors/windows I already had is that I've always downloaded them with a lot (community/residential) in the past. NEVER just separate sets like now. It's like my game can tell the difference between a window/door.package I put into my DL folder and a window/door that came with a Sims2Pack file Lot and was automatically installed with a double-click.

I tested it: the Sims2Pack windows/doors always show up in-game. The separate .package file sets NEVER do. Why this separation? Am I installing windows and doors package files in the wrong spot? (the Downloads folder)

An e.g. of a set that didn't show up when its package files were put into Downloads: Falling Water collection from MTS2.

I have already gone through MTS2's custom content FAQ guide (regenerated user files, removed DLs, restored DLs). Didn't help. I figure it can't hurt to ask here.

I have all the EPs and SPs. My computer runs Windows 7 Ultimate. None of my other Downloads are having trouble showing up.

Funny thing is....I noticed this AFTER I installed M&G. I have one set (Metro Windows) that I simply put into my DL folder (package files) pre-M&G and it worked fine.

Any suggestions? I have already tried reinstalling CEP to no avail.

- TL
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: SOME custom doors and windows missing
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 17, 02:31:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try sticking them in your teleport folder? Downloads folder has a capital D? Remove the Downloads folder, run Body Shop or install a sims2pack to regenerate a new downloads folder, and then move everything from the old folder into the new one.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Tiger-Lily
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: SOME custom doors and windows missing
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 17, 19:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regenerated the Downloads folder already (yes, to capital D). I'll try moving the wonky files to the teleport folder though. Thanks. Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: