More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:57:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  What? No Pleasantview?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What? No Pleasantview?  (Read 4354 times)
anansispider
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
What? No Pleasantview?
« on: 2010 March 16, 17:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*de-lurks cautiously for the first time*

I had a poke through the archives, but couldn't find anything which matches my problem; I could, however, be totally missing the glaringly obvious, in which case - *dons embarrassing but functional umbrella hat*

I had to reinstall Sims 2 and re-download all my carefully selected mods and CC (okay, the Director's Cut and less fugly face templates) due to an Act of Babysitter.

I un-installed the game, and checked that all the folders were gone, then re-installed the base game and all expansion and stuff packs bar Celebration and Nightlife (again due to an Act of Babysitter...). Before replacing all the mods etc I fired up the game, only to find that everything had reappeared apart from Pleasantview.

So, apart from the obvious - never letting the babysitter near my PC ever again - does anyone have any idea where the hell Pleasantview has vanished to during a fresh install?
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: What? No Pleasantview?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 16, 17:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't tell you why Pleasantview didn't show up, but I can tell you where to find it.

Go to Install Location\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods, grab the N001 folder and copy it to your (My) Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods folder. Instant Pleasantview. This is where the game copies it from when you first start it up.
anansispider
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 17, 08:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, that's useful to know.

To be honest, I'm not too worried about getting it back, as I never play the screwed up base game neighbourhoods. I'm more concerned that this is a potential BFBVFS situation as my installation spontaneously didn't do what was expected.

If I do replace it, I'm thinking that that the UberMegaHood might be more entertaining, and has the added bonus of not having EA-ed sims.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 March 17, 19:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's a problem. Sometimes the game doesn't copy over everything to the Documents folders, but at long as everything is as it should be with the installation, missing things can just be copied over from the various template folders.
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 March 18, 03:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry if this is obvious, but have you tried restarting the program a couple of times? I believe I had this happen once with a custom neighbourhood that decided to vanish for no reason. One restart and one fresh pair of pants later, it was back.
svic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 March 18, 06:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try delete all the neighbourhoods then let the game create them again.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: