More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 14:17:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Strange problem...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Strange problem...  (Read 4620 times)
Elektro Guy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Strange problem...
« on: 2010 March 12, 05:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having issues with the homes I custom create.  It seems when I move into a home I created, a few days later it will turn into a garbled mess when I switch to map view...but when I zoom back in the home returns to normal.  And then a day later (I'm talking Sim days here), the house and everything on the lot will disappear in map view, but it will reappear when I zoom back in.  This has happened with two homes I've built in two different locations, and I'm baffled as to what's causing this.  I've tried removing all third party custom content, loading a previous save before the lot gets all funky, deleting caches, but the problem still occurs.  I'm using Dashboard to scan the little bit of third party custom content I have, but that shows no errors with anything.

I'm stumped.  It's an annoyance, but nothing majorly fucked up with my game.  I don't think it's a blue lot issue (because...well...my lot doesn't turn blue), and I've tried searching the forum for similar problems but came up with nothing.  It just happens to my home and no other pre-built houses or buildings.

Anyone have an idea of what's going on?  Are my custom made homes just screwed or something?  Any help is appreciated.

'hoy, small fry!
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
Re: Strange problem...
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 12, 05:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to me as well.  It took me quite some time to finally figure out what was the problem.  It may seem completely crazy but it was related to clothing the game had chosen for my sims after I deleted their original outfits from my CC.  If you go to the dresser and re-dress in all categories it should stop happening.
Figwit
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 12, 06:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens to me quite a lot too. It is annoying. I didn't think of changing their clothes but I found if you move the house to another location it seems to fix it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 March 12, 12:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can tell, this is a caching issue, and you can fix it by making an externally visible change in build mode.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 March 12, 14:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado's theory certainly makes a heck of a lot more sense than mine.  This does not explain how I was able to get this to stop in the crazy way I did though.  I'm curious if it had anything to do with the weird way un-selected households always seem to want to stand in their vegetable gardens. 
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 March 12, 20:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious if it had anything to do with the weird way un-selected households always seem to want to stand in their vegetable gardens.
No, that's just a creepy "Children of the Corn" Sim-cult forming.  Nothing to worry about.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Elektro Guy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 March 13, 01:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the suggestions.  I actually accidentally discovered that if I go into Buy Mode and move a piece of furniture (this being the case of an overhead light) and then just move it back to its original location that fixes the Invisible Home bug.  Kinda like Pescado's idea but way easier.

I run into another problem rarely, but I don't want to get into it.  I'm usually able to fix it out of sheer luck.  Sims 3 is really such a poorly coded game...I can't believe EAxis released this piece of junk unto the masses.  Even so, it's a piece of junk I love!   Cheesy

'hoy, small fry!
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 March 13, 14:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd been having this problem, too. I'm glad it's not a sign of something more serious happening to my hood.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 March 13, 16:19:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually found out just the other day that all I had to do was go into buy mode and back into live mode to fix the invisible house from map view problem.  If the walls are collapsed, I had to go to build mode, then buy mode, then back to live mode.  I didn't even have to move anything or buy/build anything.

I originally thought this was a "special" seed problem, but that wouldn't always fix it.  I realized that when a toddler aged up and I went to buy mode to buy a bed or move something, that it fixed the problem.  Then I found that going to buy mode and moving something would fix it.  So I just tried going into buy mode and back and that's when I found out that it was all I needed to do.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: