More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:48:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  M&G and AL mansard roof conversion - Window crash fix
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: M&G and AL mansard roof conversion - Window crash fix  (Read 68790 times)
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
M&G and AL mansard roof conversion - Window crash fix
« on: 2010 March 11, 18:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While Anubis over at MTS has already posted a version of the M&G mansard set, I'll still share these since they contain the windows and the AL pieces.

Apart from the windows they can be found under the room sort category "Outside" in either Roof Decorations or Lawn Ornaments. The reason they can't be found if you sort by function is so that they won't be brought in the family inventory when you move. Made as wall objects (except the outer corners) so that they go down with the wall for better viewing.
125§ for the M&G pieces, and 76§ for the others. All pieces come in default wood patterns. Fully CASTable.

The windows each consist of two objects; the actual window and a window cover. They look awful separated:

I also made some patterns adapted from the original textures, and one adapted from the in-game fishscale roof. The three first are metal and the fourth wood.

EDIT: Updated the windows so they won't crash. Redownload M&GMansardRoof.rar.

Download links:
M&GMansardRoof
BohemianRoofAddOn (You need the M&G set for this, since they share textures.)
MansardPatternSet

Mediafire folder if links above don't work

UnRAR and place in mods/packages. Made with s3pe and PatternPackager.
« Last Edit: 2011 May 21, 20:12:45 by Goggalor » Logged
LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: M&G and AL mansard roof conversion
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 12, 02:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very nice but the links do not work for me.
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 12, 02:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They work fine for me.
LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 March 12, 03:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, my connection keeps resetting. Odd. Guess I can't have them.  Sad
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 March 12, 04:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've added the files to Mediafire, see if you have better luck with that. Link in original post.
LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 March 12, 21:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, that works! It seems my firewall and even Internet Explorer is blocking box.net. They both tell me that that site installs spyware on my computer and I get the big red box warning. I figured how to get the download on IE without allowing the website to open..very odd..but I normally use Firefox and that won't even open the page at all.

Mediafire works with no problem. It was very kind of you to upload the items there!
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 March 13, 20:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The white house in your previews, are those walls/patterns/windows EA or some other CC?

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 March 13, 20:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that the wall pattern can be found under paneling in the base game. I'm not so sure about the windows though.they may come from one of the store sets.

- INTJ -
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 March 13, 22:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The windows are from the store set Regal Living. Like Tingeling said, the wall behind them can be found in paneling. The only custom pattern is the one on the wall with the to border. It's a masonry pattern from Parsimonious on the bottom of this page.
rudai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 March 15, 13:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you.  I have been looking for this kind of decor for a long time.  These windows help with victorian rooftops! Kiss

socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 March 15, 14:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great job. I really like the metal roof patterns you've included with your conversion.  Is there any way you can create roof patterns out of your patterns?

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 March 15, 16:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is certainly possible to make roof patterns of them, but it's not a priority for me right now as I'm working on some other stuff. If anyone else would like to adapt them, just go ahead.

I've also noticed a problem with the roof since I posted it. The game doesn't "remember" the roof between play sessions, so when you load the game it will look empty. Once the lot has been loaded in high detail the roof will be visible from the whole neighborhood until you exit and reload. This is kind of strange, I was pretty sure I had tested for that and didn't have that problem. The testing for that took place at least two patches back, so I guess it's possible something has changed in the game since then. Or maybe I was just confused during testing.
It also isn't just these objects, in-game objects that are supposed to be visible from neighborhood disappear between sessions as well, but only if placed above ground level.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2010 March 15, 17:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That roof issue is a common problem, especially when building in CAW. I don't know if that'd be consolation for you but, in some cases, you'll have to make some substantial change to the lot and save it in order for it to be visible in the neighborhood again.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 March 18, 20:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do these show up from neighborhood view?
Baron_Ivanov
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 August 29, 12:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw this windows' Apartment life roof version for sims 2 maybe you can create.It looks useful because there is no window for this roof  Wink
erwinsims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 March 10, 12:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw this windows' Apartment life roof version for sims 2 maybe you can create.It looks useful because there is no window for this roof  Wink

I agree, that would be awesome, But I don't Know id Goggalor does requests..
If he does, here is a link:
http://www.modthesims.info/d/324328.

The roofs work perfect in game, Thank you so much for these!

If you do take requests, could you maybe make a Convex version of it?
( I am dutch, I don't know the right word for it so I added a picture)
I would love to have that so I could build a proper version of the louvre.

Thanks for reading anyway.
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 March 10, 15:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been meaning to go over these to change some stuff that I couldn't figure out back when I made them. When I do i might add some pieces to it, but no promises. A convex one could be useful though.

It will still take a while before I can do it.
Rockerduck
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 May 10, 00:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, they seem to suffer from the ever popular window crash bug. :/

"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like."
— Lemony Snicket
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: M&G and AL mansard roof conversion - Window crash fix
« Reply #18 on: 2011 May 21, 20:18:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, fixed the crashing.

There won't be anymore pieces from me with this set as I'm having troubles with the latest blender versions/plugins. And I can't see myself getting back to these even when I sort it out.
Zingaro
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2013 August 24, 17:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know i long ago someone posted here, but is just recently that i have found these conversion, one problem. The roof itself does not appear in my inventory, only the windows is showing in my game. I have isolated all my CC with no luck, i am patched up to 1.55. I am doing something wong?Huh
Tks in advance.
Levini
Corpulent Cretin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2013 August 24, 19:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I am necromancing a thread from two years ago, but it's just recently that I have found these conversions. One problem Though, the roof itself does not appear in my inventory. Only the windows are showing in my game. I have isolated all my CC with no luck, I'm patched up to 1.55. Am I doing something wrong? ? ? ?
Thanks in advance.

^Fixed for those who have no idea what the hell they're saying. I had to read twice before getting fed up and correcting it.

If you read, you will find that they don't appear in the inventory (unless you mean to say buy mode). Also, if you took two minutes to do a basic reading (yes, reading. The thing you do where you look at words and sentences on a page or your screen and process them in your brain to gain information or entertainment out of it) you will find this wonderful bit about them (I was nice enough to bold and underline it for you).

Apart from the windows, they can be found under the room sort category "Outside" in either Roof Decorations or Lawn Ornaments. The reason they can't be found if you sort by function is so that they won't be brought in the family inventory when you move

So, if you use sort by function, they won't show up. Which I will assume you were looking in because I have them in my game as of right now and they show up fine for me (and yes, I am on Patch 1.55). You either must be an idiot who doesn't read, necromances a two year old thread and then forgets basic grammar or I'm on some weird shit. I'm going with the former rather than the latter.

I am a beacon of sin.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: M&G and AL mansard roof conversion - Window crash fix
« Reply #21 on: 2013 August 25, 12:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, it could possibly be an ESL, before we get all pissy-pants with our bad, 9-post selves.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: