More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 18:10:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Stretch Skeleton Mod? Is this possible?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stretch Skeleton Mod? Is this possible?  (Read 4245 times)
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Stretch Skeleton Mod? Is this possible?
« on: 2010 March 15, 03:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible for a mod to stretch a sim's skeleton according to how many days they have left in their life stage?  Currently, I'm doing this outside of the game with SimPE in order to mimic gradual aging for toddlers, kids, and teens.  It's become a pain in the ass to keep track of and what I would really like to do is create a mod that handles it automatically.

I think I understand how such a mod would be set up.  The main thing that's holding me back is that I can't figure out how to change the stretch value from within a bhav.  How would I reference it through the operands since the pop-up wizard doesn't list it in the attribute picker?  Maybe I've missed it, or is what I want to do even possible?

Damn, I'm really green with this stuff.  I can't think of any mod or bhav that does anything remotely related to what I want to do, and without something to reference, I feel like I'm poking around in the dark.  If I could just figure this part out, I know how to do the rest.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Stretch Skeleton Mod? Is this possible?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 15, 07:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. The game rightfully chooses to respect the Rule of 6. It is not possible to make such a thing, and I wouldn't consider it desirable in any event.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 15, 23:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rule of six reigns supreme, of course.  I prefer my method, so I'll continue on as I've been; using simpe outside of the game.  About not being desirable - do you mean it would have undesirable side effects?  I'm aware of the animation misalignment and that doesn't bother me.  Is there anything else?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 March 16, 01:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Animation misalignment is one major problem, and the other point of undesirable is simply that I do not want it. In any event, it isn't possible to make such a mod, the TS2 scriptcore engine is not as advanced as the TS3 engine and so the range of things you can do is very limited.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 March 16, 03:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as I'm not heading for a BFBVFS. Thanks for clearing this up.

rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 March 16, 16:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't there a batch processing script added to SimPE to update objects to Pets, or something along those lines?  Maybe you could work out something similar to batch process your Sims through SimPE - read the age in days and assign heights accordingly. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: