More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 16:04:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Compressorizer Questions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Compressorizer Questions  (Read 3774 times)
tribebohemian
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Compressorizer Questions
« on: 2010 March 08, 11:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First time poster long time lurker, so please, probe gently.

I've been wanting to use the critically acclaimed compressorizer for over 6 months now. After reading about it's incompatibility with Delphy's DL Organizer in it's original thread (at djsims) and receiving no answer as to the progress of this issue from either creator, I gave up the dream.

Recently I learned that they are compatible so I went and downloaded it. Only, it wont even launch. Whenever I click run, there's a brief flash of a tiny window about to pop up on my screen, and then nothing. Something I don't even get the brief flash.

I have Microsoft Net 1.1 installed like it says because of Simpe. Now, the djsims thread also mentioned that this was incompatible with Windows Vista. But that was posted over two years ago. I asked about this in back in October, wanting to know why and if this had changed but never received an answer.

Anyway, I searched both here and Google and have come up with no information as to what's wrong. I couldn't even find the original readme file. If it's because I've got Vista, I'd just like to know straight up. And if it's something else...

So if anyone could be kind enough to steer me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

What it do?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Compressorizer Questions
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 08, 14:11:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you should ask about it on their actual site, instead of here.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
tribebohemian
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 08, 14:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did but unfortunately no one ever responds there  Embarrassed . I just thought since it's posted here as well, someone with more knowledge than me might have some idea of what I'm doing wrong. This is where I downloaded it in the first place. Didn't mean to tread on anyone's toes.

What it do?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 March 08, 17:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Jfade sucks. That's his thing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 March 08, 19:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't respond to most questions because most questions asked were by people who DIDN'T READ THE MANUAL. (That and I've been busy and away from the sims for quite a while.) Did YOU read the manual? If so, repost your question at my site and I'll respond since I'm checking in again.

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
tribebohemian
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 March 11, 12:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there,

I just want to say thank you for answering my question about Vista on your forum  Smiley As for reading the manual, I did back in October. Which is why after reading about the incompatability with Vista, I didn't download it. But when I recently tried to get the PDF again, I just get the message that the page can't be displayed. And in the compressorizer download, the extra files that come with it, for some reason my computer says it can't open or read those files without searching online for a program that can.

I'm sorry I'm being a pain in the ass  Undecided If it helps, the version I downloaded was from this site and not from the DJsims forums. I don't know if there's a difference between them. Should I download that version and see if it'll open for me? Or maybe I should redownload Microsoft net 1.1 or something. As you can tell, I'm completely computer illiterate  Sad

EDIT: Problem resolved. You may lock this post  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2010 March 13, 14:22:18 by tribebohemian » Logged

What it do?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: