More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 12:56:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  [Modding] "Me"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: [Modding] "Me"  (Read 3221 times)
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
[Modding] "Me"
« on: 2010 March 10, 03:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand that "Me" is the object responsible for invoking the BHAV, but can it change during the course of a BHAV?  Specifically, I'm not sure what's going on here:

(From 0x1093 in 0x7F1F956A - the Magivestigium BHAV)
Stack Object ID := My Object ID
Test Object Type (SO is instance of 0xF4F6765C) // i.e. the Magivestigium spell object
RTBN ("CT - Get Probability of Fail")
My Sitting == 0x0000

It looks like at the beginning of the BHAV, "Me" is the spell object, but a few lines later, "Me" is the sim.  Or is this just EAxis fail coding, and it's actually trying to access the spell object's persondata?  The BHAV returns if the SO is not the spell object on that earlier line, and so based on the fact that Magivestigium works, I think "Me" does have to be the spell object at that point.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: [Modding] "Me"
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 10, 03:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're misreading it. It's doing Test 0x20, with "5C 76 F6 F4 0A 00 00 04", yes? That's not an actual test, that's "load GUID into T0/T1", probably followed by RTBN 3, "invoke BHAV by GUID in T0/T1". "Me" is clearly the caster.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: [Modding] "Me"
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 10, 05:06:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

00 00 0A, not 0A 00 00, but yeah.  And now I see where it says "Return GUID selected in Temp 0,1: True".  So when that flag is set it doesn't actually do a test?  Good to know.  And now I see the operand in RTBN I was wondering about before.  Thanks.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: