More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:38:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Two familes - two players!?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two familes - two players!?  (Read 9064 times)
D-Jay
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Two familes - two players!?
« on: 2010 February 26, 21:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey girls and guys...

firstly please forgive me if I ask something in a wrong way, I'm completely new on this...

My girlfriend and me play two families in the same town and the same savegame. We do that for interacting.
I installed the awesome AwesomeMod.

What want to do:

If my girlfriend plays with her family, MY family should stay at the last state I was playing the family. They should not get better job position, have new friends and should keep targets and actions till I play them.
If I play with my family, my girlfriend's family should stay in the same way...

What I've done:

Set both families as "sacred", marked them in the description and did some settings in the config.

I really don't understand the options "AllowInactivePerfGain" and "InvertPerfGainRuleForSacred"!?!?? I set both to "ENABLED". Is this the right way?

What do I have to do to realize my wishes?
Please take a look at my config...

Thankful for any hint and tip!

Thanks

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Two familes - two players!?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 26, 22:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yknow that whole magic thing they just invented recently? I forget what its called...savior? savior games? i cant keep up with this newfangled technology, sorry if thats the wrong term

you can use different savior games and they are different and different from each other for different people

Saikatsu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 27, 00:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yknow that whole magic thing they just invented recently? I forget what its called...savior? savior games? i cant keep up with this newfangled technology, sorry if thats the wrong term

you can use different savior games and they are different and different from each other for different people

Your attempt to be clever might have gone better had you realized that he wants to continue using a single save, and what he's trying to do doesn't require two saves. Instead, you just look dumb.

Having them set to sacred should be making the story progression ignore them. If it isn't, you're doing something wrong. The PerfGain options do exactly what they say, there's nothing mysterious about them.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 27, 03:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is not TS2 and the game cannot retain the micro-state of the sim. If your sims were doing something, they will therefore continue to exhibit behaviors while you are not playing them, and so when you get back, they will likely be doing something else. However, there are options to limit the number of macro-state changes they can undergo: If you set them Sacred, and set the relevant flippies, Story Progression will not affect them and they will not gain job performance. Using the TS2Aging option will keep other famblies from aging while the currently played fambly ages, like in TS2. Ultimately, however, if you want to keep things very rigidly locked, you will have to split the neighborhood into separate saves.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 27, 04:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A better option for aging, if you are only playing two households in a neighborhood filled with sims you are treating as traditional townies, might be to toggle aging on and off. Age only in one household, or age a certain number of days in each. That way your townies won't be Jeffty'd.

God, you are such a douche. OP is ESL. You are annoying.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 27, 05:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gave him the only solution to what he wants to do.

He is SOL and has to have two saves to keep everything the same while playing two families.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 27, 09:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your attitude was uncalled for and your advice was not correct or applicable to the question. He is not SOL. Pescado has provided actual advice regarding how he can use Awesomemod to do almost exactly what he wants; I have given an alternative solution to the aging problem only.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 27, 09:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did he pick the non-awesome avvie himself?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
D-Jay
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 February 27, 11:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did he pick the non-awesome avvie himself?
Yes I did  Grin

Thanks for your replies. Having ONE savegame is a must for my scenario.
So, the sims will be active living and so on... that's ok for me. I just want to have them staying at their states in jobs, friends / relationships and something like these things.

Please could somebody explain me what the two options do if they're switched both ENABLED?

"AllowInactivePerfGain"
"InvertPerfGainRuleForSacred"

Thanks...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 February 27, 11:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If both options are enabled, then other sims can gain performance when not being played, EXCEPT your sacred sims, because the rule is inverted for them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
D-Jay
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 February 27, 11:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many thanks!
Elliot
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 March 17, 16:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My idea would to install NRaas Story Progression and disabling the Awesome one, and then using Story Progression Household options to disable Aging, Relationships, Pregnancy ect.

Be sure to enable them when playing the family.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: