More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 07:57:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Cleaning dead Sims out of the family tree?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cleaning dead Sims out of the family tree?  (Read 5609 times)
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Cleaning dead Sims out of the family tree?
« on: 2010 March 22, 21:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to remove dead babies and toddlers from the family tree?  These are toddlers and babies that EAStory killed off and left no tomb or urn behind, and nothing in the mausoleum either.  I've tried enabling debugcommands and debuginteractions, but I found no options for removing them from the family tree.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Cleaning dead Sims out of the family tree?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 22, 21:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. No method currently exists to clean those up short of wiping out all relatives, so the entire mess then falls to the garbage collector. This is why EAstory is strongly disrecommended.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 22, 22:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grammar Nazi Mercenary says
'Disrecommend' is not a word.

Also, why would EAstory kill off children? Aren't EAxis all cuddlynuddly against violence? (Especially involving toddlers)
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 March 22, 22:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, why would EAstory kill off children? Aren't EAxis all cuddlynuddly against violence? (Especially involving toddlers)

Lack of beds would be my guess.
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 March 22, 22:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is not a wise strategery; get yourself some edumacation. On the other hand, "contraindicated" is so much better for the purpose.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 March 23, 03:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, Trixie, checking several online dictionaries and my old physical Roget's gives no results for "disrecommend". Picking on Pescado's grammar? Not so smrt.

EAstory kills random sims because EAstory is just a random event tool and nothing else.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 March 23, 20:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, and you will also not find "strategery", nor "edumacation". "Disrecommended" is a clear parody word, and thus does not have to be an actual word to be grammatically valid. Way to completely miss the point, Fuzzy Pumpkin. Go munch on some stale bread or something.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 March 23, 20:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EAstory simply kills off sims randomly, without any regard for whether it makes sense, or if such an event would even be physically possible.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 March 29, 18:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. No method currently exists to clean those up short of wiping out all relatives, so the entire mess then falls to the garbage collector. This is why EAstory is strongly disrecommended.

Are babies and toddlers the only age groups that EAstory will kill off without a trace, or can it happen to children too?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 March 29, 23:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EAstory will kill any sim, anywhere, for completely random and ridiculous reasons, regardless of age or status.

GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 March 30, 14:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I was too vague.  When I said without a trace, I meant leaving no tombstone in the mausoleum.  Every adult and elder EAstory has randomly killed off seem to always leave a tombstone in the mausoleum while babies and toddlers never do.  I have yet to notice if 6s and 12s randomly killed by EAstory leave tombstones or not.  Is there an age cutoff for tombstones or some other criteria that determines whether or not a tombstone is left behind?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 March 31, 11:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cutoff seems to be an assessed "care factor". Since toddlers don't develop relationships towards your active fambly unless you are really creepy, their care factor is always zero, and therefore, they are just disposed of. However, the game doesn't cleandispose them for various reasons, so they get left as fambly tree stubs, and aren't cleaned up until the entire fambly is wiped.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: