More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 09:23:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Borked catalog thumbnails after using s3rc
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Borked catalog thumbnails after using s3rc  (Read 3062 times)
Sheepie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Borked catalog thumbnails after using s3rc
« on: 2010 February 21, 13:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was running (arrred!) Sims 3/WA patched up to 1.7.9/2.2.8 until my Awesomemod expired and I was forced to patch up to the most recent patches so I could install an updated version of Awesomemod.  I figured since I was fully patching, I may as well install HELS while I was at it.  So far so good.

Naturally, none of my (arrred) store content was showing up in-game, so I deleted all my DCCache files, the other four cache files, and everything in my Downloads folder.  I ran some of my downloaded store .sims3packs through s3rc, and about half of them had no thumbnails in the launcher.  Odd, but I can live with that.  I then loaded up a new neighbourhood to test the objects in-game, and noticed that they had weird thumbnails, as if the picture of the object is too large to fit neatly inside the box.  The actual objects seem to work okay, and I should be grateful that they're appearing at all, but I'm a bit OCD when it comes to aesthetic niggles like this, and I'd prefer to have them back to normal.

I've tried various combinations of the compressorizer, s3rc and decrapify, and I've even tried running it from cmd using the repair function, but nothing seems to work.  I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, so I'm not sure if it's just a side-effect of s3rc or if I'm just doing it wrong.  Any suggestions?

« Last Edit: 2010 February 21, 13:10:07 by Sheepie » Logged
macharper
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Borked catalog thumbnails after using s3rc
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 05, 18:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pre Ambitions I used to install via the 'working launcher' method and had never used decrapify.

Installing via the launcher and using decrapify does indeed create incorrect thumbnails in the catalogue.

However, extracting/decrapifying/merging and installing as packages displays correct thumbnails.

The launcher is clearly at fault (no surprise) when it generates the thumbnail and 'store icon'.

« Last Edit: 2010 June 05, 20:26:50 by macharper » Logged
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Borked catalog thumbnails after using s3rc
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 05, 22:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is easy to get around if you have a working knowledge of s3pe.

In the DCCache folder you'll see various dcdb#.dbc files. Open each one with s3pe and sort by Type, then Tag (make sure Display: Names and Tags are checked at the bottom). Scroll down to the THUM files and delete all THUMs that are Type 0x0580A2B5. If you had any Sims3Packs with custom thumbnails you might want to delete them one by one so you only delete store objects. Save the file and boot up your game--it should now generate the correct thumbnails for all these objects. I've done this for every object and never had a problem.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: