More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 14:34:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  EA Exchange Stupidity
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA Exchange Stupidity  (Read 7402 times)
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
EA Exchange Stupidity
« on: 2010 February 21, 03:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We've been receiving a lot of great content uploaded to our Exchange and Movies & More. To make sure the items stay fresh we've implemented a culling script that will remove older items. For those of you who are not familiar with culling - it is when uploads, Stories and Movies are automatically removed from the Exchange and Movies & More when they do not do well (not getting enough downloads and recommendations).The more Recommends and Downloads you have, the better. Exchange uploads, Stories, and Movies will be subject to culling after 2 weeks if it does not do well. Searching for content will be easier with culling turned on and awesome uploads will have even more of a chance to shine.

If an Exchange item, Story, or Movie is Featured, it will never be culled.

Thanks again for sharing your creativity with the rest of the community, and Keep creating fabulous content to get those downloads, views and recommendations in!

Source: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/174171.page

Wow. That is just stupid. Deleting users hard work just because the Exchange is filling up? It's sad that someone thinks that is a good idea. The reason that download counts are low is because the meter that registers how many times an item has been download is broken so everything has 0. Is EA WANTING to lose more customers now?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: EA Exchange Stupidity
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 21, 03:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think this is stupid. Why should EA waste drive space storing every piece of lousy floodfill people upload, especially as not a single piece of content on the exchange is actually ORIGINAL, since EA does not provide the tools needed to create any of it?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 21, 04:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well maybe EA could focus on developing those tools instead of finding ways to make users unhappy. I don't use the exchange much anyway since it's slow and never shows anything decent. ModTheSims is the superior site.
catsahoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 21, 04:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The premise would be stupid if the masses who use the exchange were 12s who vote up their friends' flood-fills.

Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 21, 04:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well maybe EA could focus on developing those tools instead of finding ways to make users unhappy.

Err ... you actually WANT EA to make Bodyshop for TS3 knowing that chances are they will fuck up the Launcher once again as a byproduct?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 21, 04:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They did the same thing with TS2, so I fail to see any reason for surprise.

The Exchange is shit.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
cannedsarcasm
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 21, 05:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there is something broken, leading to false data that is then used for culling, then I can see how a decision like this is rather stupid and frustrating for those who are penalised via the culling process.

But I don't think it's particularly stupid for any website/company to want to free up space. Far more economic than having to buy more space every time it fills because they can't tell what to cull and what to leave.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 21, 05:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All that will happen is the same thing that happened last time. There were groups of people who would rate things 5 just so they would stay on the exchange and "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" culture developed. The same thing will happen this time, except this time round people will be whining for recommendations.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 February 21, 05:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
VeilSethekk
Horrible Halfwit

Nothing less.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 February 21, 05:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The premise would be stupid if the masses who use the exchange were 12s who vote up their friends' flood-fills.

Not to mention those idiots who use the Story section as a personal message box.

Yes, there's nothing else to see here.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 February 25, 23:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the last time I actually looked at the Sims Exchange the latest release was "Makin' Magic".

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 February 26, 16:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I bother with the laughable Exchange is when following the links posted on GOS to the "stories" (and I use that term lightly). Bad grammar, abysmal spelling and an unholy obsession with rape/Blue Sweater GirlTM from some of the Exchangelanders almost makes the BBS look like a bastion of intelligence and wit.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
tjstreak
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 March 09, 03:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's about time!

Contrary to popular belief, there actually is some good stuff on the Exchange.  The problem is that it gets buried in all of the crap.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: