More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:36:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Decrapify vs. manual .dbc files?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Decrapify vs. manual .dbc files?  (Read 55315 times)
Spacemouse
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Decrapify vs. manual .dbc files?
« Reply #50 on: 2010 February 23, 13:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decraped the Asian-Fusion set. I shows up in the catalogue, but the furniture in the house is replaced by default furniture. When I used package files the Asian-Fusion furniture wasn't replaced.
I can however select the furniture in the catalogue and put it in the house. I guess this has something to do with the decrap process?

If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010 February 23, 19:35:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yays!  Jfade's tool works!  At least, it worked to install one arr'ed store set via the Launcher; I haven't actually tried it in-game yet.  Some thumbnails are blank, but I don't know if that's a problem.

There's something I'm not clear on, though:  Does *all* content need to be decrapified?  Such as a non-arr'ed Riverview and CC from other sites like Mod the Sims?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010 February 23, 21:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the only way to be sure.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010 February 23, 23:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the only way to be sure.

Since you didn't mention the blank thumbnails in the Launcher, is it safe to assume they're nothing to worry about?  (I PM'ed Jfade; he's not sure.)

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010 February 23, 23:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't figured out what causes it, but thumbnails are superfluous to the functioning of the object anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010 February 23, 23:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't figured out what causes it, but thumbnails are superfluous to the functioning of the object anyway.

Oh, good.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010 February 24, 00:06:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note: If you don't want to end up manually replacing crap in your existing neighborhoods, which may not even be possible, you can decrapify them, too.

Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010 February 24, 04:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note: If you don't want to end up manually replacing crap in your existing neighborhoods, which may not even be possible, you can decrapify them, too.

Er, do you mean decrapify the huge .package files I created from ripped .sims3packs?  

And I forgot to ask if I should decrapify default replacement skins and hacks (a mod to have 15 fish in the aquarium and AM).  
« Last Edit: 2010 February 24, 06:07:39 by Capitaine Marie » Logged

Menchii
Asinine Airhead

Standing Kitteh!!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010 February 24, 10:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Pes means you should Decrapify your save games.  Try to decrapify all of the files in the save game folder.  I think Jfade's tool lets you do that.  This is just speculation since I haven't had much experience with Decrapification.

And, you know, rude, mean people want a place to call home, too. There are plenty of sugary nice places already. This ain't one of them.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010 February 24, 13:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so decaprifying new, never-installed-before sims3packs worked but decaprifying my pre-existing dbc files didn't. I guess I have to delete the dbc and reinstall all my sims3packs from scratch?
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010 February 24, 19:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Pes means you should Decrapify your save games.  Try to decrapify all of the files in the save game folder.  I think Jfade's tool lets you do that.  This is just speculation since I haven't had much experience with Decrapification.

Yeah, I thought of that later.  I'm sure I read that in the Recompressor thread, too.  Had a blond moment, lol.

ETA:  Read moar in the Recompressor thread about decrapifying skins, but I'm still unclear about hacks.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 24, 23:44:00 by Capitaine Marie » Logged

knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2010 February 26, 03:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've finished the new Compressorizer, but I'm looking for some feedback. Grab it here:

http://www.jfade.com/temp/maty/Compressorizer1.0.zip

Note that you'll probably have to set the file types to include .nhd, .sim, etc if you are decrapifying. Lemme know if something's missing.

if this program makes use of the decrapifying feature then why isn't decrapify.exe included in the folder?  i could only see s3rc.exe

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010 February 26, 13:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've finished the new Compressorizer, but I'm looking for some feedback. Grab it here:

http://www.jfade.com/temp/maty/Compressorizer1.0.zip

Note that you'll probably have to set the file types to include .nhd, .sim, etc if you are decrapifying. Lemme know if something's missing.

If this program makes use of the decrapifying feature then why isn't decrapify.exe included in the folder? I could only see s3rc.exe

Let me clear up what TashFaun meant (look up dimwit)

~ Condemnation without investigation is the peak of ignorance ~
alexw
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010 February 27, 10:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, I've had no luck in getting my arr'ed store content to show up without the .dbc files in the Mods folder. This is what I've tried so far:

First, I deleted the cache files and made a backup of the 'The Sims 3' folder in My Documents\Electronic Arts. I then removed the dbc folder from Mods. After each failed attempt I've restored the original 'The Sims 3' folder from the backup that I made. I've tried the following methods of decrapifying:

• Ran s3rc.exe for all sims3pack, package, nhd, world, sim, and dbc files in the 'The Sims 3' folder and below. I did this using a batch file like the one described in this message: Re: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor.
  • Used JFade's updated Compressorizer in Decrapify mode with all file types checked (recursively from 'The Sims 3' folder).
  • Deleted the DCCache and DCBackup folders and used JFade's updated Compressorizer like above. After it was finished, I tried to reinstall the store content, which failed.

The result of all of this is that, even after decrapifying all file types (including saves), the store content is not showing up in Build/Buy mode and any store items already used in game have been replaced with defaults. Furthermore, the launcher will not install any decrapified content. In addition to the base game, I have WA and HELS installed. All three are fully patched.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? Are there certain files that should be deleted first? Am I decrapifying some files that should not be decrapified?

Any help would be appreciated.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010 February 27, 15:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it seems that reading through this thread may have solved my problem.
Dragging and dropping sims3packs onto decrapify has never done anything for my files so I've been trying with DOS. This didn't work either to begin with.
Before reading through here I was typing in the file path to get to s3rc followed by -fD name.sims3pack That also resulted in a fail. I got the 'Could not stat' error.
For this last attempt I included the full file path to the sims3 pack as well as s3rc and it appears to have worked.

ETA: Ok so the pack installed but now all of the objects are referred to by number strings instead of the names. I was trying with the 50sFullSet to try and get recolouring counters. That bit worked but as I said, all 50sSet objects are now referred to with names such as **738927768753621096519**

ETA2: Seems that if I convert the sims3pack to packages and then decrapify them the objects keep their names AND the counters recolour properly.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 27, 20:58:05 by Menaceman » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010 February 27, 21:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decrapified the Sims3packs and my saved game files and everything works perfectly.  Big, sloppy, wet kisses to those more awesome than me!

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
alexw
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010 February 28, 07:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jeromycraig, could you explain to me what you did to make it work?
Electronic Sim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010 February 28, 12:13:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA2: Seems that if I convert the sims3pack to packages and then decrapify them the objects keep their names AND the counters recolour properly.

Good to know. Apparently all store items (and only them) installed is too much for CAW, and EiG takes lots of time to load. I can "package" them again. Have you had any problems with patterns, though? Like, patterns that come with a furniture creating blank slots in the fabric section (when in .package)?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010 February 28, 12:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Create-A-Crap doesn't really like massively-installed store content. If you are using Create-A-Crap's Edit-In-Game, you probably want to temporarily move your DCCache someplace else.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010 February 28, 13:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know. Apparently all store items (and only them) installed is too much for CAW, and EiG takes lots of time to load. I can "package" them again. Have you had any problems with patterns, though? Like, patterns that come with a furniture creating blank slots in the fabric section (when in .package)?

The only patterns I think I have in .package format are ones from TSR and they function fine with no blank thumbnails. I don't think I have any official Store patterns in .package..
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2010 February 28, 15:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Pes means you should Decrapify your save games.  Try to decrapify all of the files in the save game folder.  I think Jfade's tool lets you do that.  This is just speculation since I haven't had much experience with Decrapification.

Yeah, I thought of that later.  I'm sure I read that in the Recompressor thread, too.  Had a blond moment, lol.

ETA:  Read moar in the Recompressor thread about decrapifying skins, but I'm still unclear about hacks.

I would like to know too. I'm also supposing we CAN decrapify skins, right?

~ Condemnation without investigation is the peak of ignorance ~
Electronic Sim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010 February 28, 15:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not what I meant.

Like the tiki set, I believe the sofa and chair include a pattern or two with them. Without decrapifying it, if you package them the pattern would appear in fabric, but also will generate blank spots (that are not patterns, at least they're non-responsive). As far as I'm aware, they don't interfere with anything, but are aesthetically annoying for me.

Well, let's try it, then. After all, I seem to need my store crap to furnish my houses.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2010 March 01, 02:07:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to know too. I'm also supposing we CAN decrapify skins, right?
Decrapifying skins, hacks, and other unorthodox CC that is not standard objects, clothes, and whatnot is harmless, but produces no useful effect.

Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010 March 01, 20:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Decrapifying skins, hacks, and other unorthodox CC that is not standard objects, clothes, and whatnot is harmless, but produces no useful effect.

Good to know. 

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2010 March 01, 23:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jeromycraig, could you explain to me what you did to make it work?

Really, I just followed instructions.  It said in the original post that s3rc.exe and decrapify.exe have to be accessible on the same filepath, so I just put them together in a folder with my sims3pack files and dragged the sims3packs onto "decrapify" (you know it worked if your "modified" date changes) and then moved the decrapified sims3packs into my Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Downloads folder.  Then I just installed them with the launcher.

Afterwards, I followed instructions about decrapifying the files in my saved game and library and when I booted up, all of my Arr'd store content was there.  Some of the in-use items were replaced, but it was pretty simple to change them back to their store versions.  ALL of my Store content is in the game, usable, AND marked with the "custom" symbol.  My load time is halved, and my counters no longer have the bug that makes them switch to non-recolorable defaults in corner mode, etc.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: