More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:18:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Decrapify vs. manual .dbc files?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Decrapify vs. manual .dbc files?  (Read 55317 times)
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
Re: Decrapify vs. manual .dbc files?
« Reply #25 on: 2010 February 22, 01:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure the order in which you do it doesn't matter but Pescado can correct me if I'm wrong. I have neither of the programs you mentioned but I believe JM uses those so I can't imagine them being the issue but I can't say for sure. Remember that this process is still in testing even though it was released last month.

I forgot to mention to Pes that I have 3booter and FPSlimiter; but like you, I don't *really* think they have anything to do with it.  I just try and try to get stuff to work, long after someone else would've given up! Cheesy

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 February 22, 01:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too, I'd be doing the same thing you are. I do hope you figure it out because I know how frustrating all this launcher bullshit has been.

Well, if nothing else, I'll just keep using the .dbc files I created manually.  Though I do hope Pes answers my PM.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 February 22, 02:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again - same here, just like in Cap`s case - your file installs fine, everything else is for crappers. I`m re-downloading the s3rc, maybe it works...*sigh*...I only get this frustrated when dealing with my family. And people in general...

EDIT - re/dl the Modern minimalist set (arred), decrapified, installed w/o problems. It`s the files we have on our HD. Now to figure out why...

As for reporting the same issue - just trying to show the problem is generic, and same steps result with same results in multiple cases. As for everything else - I`m an artist. I can do/say whatever the f*** I want and still be "avantgarde".  Grin
« Last Edit: 2010 February 22, 03:03:13 by Mosquito » Logged
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 February 22, 03:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 25 files that do not install through the launcher at all, mostly patterns and a few TSR old files that I have been trying to fix/decrapify/compress and if I just decrap and try to install they say Success! But no install icon, and the dbc is 1 kb.  If I s3rc and try to install them I get install failed and that I need to update my game.  It doesn't work for any sims3packs, but these files need the fix so I thought I would keep trying with these.

I am running Vista 64 bit.  My launcher is the HELS launcher it says version 3.1.  My game version.txt says 1.10.

I have managed to work around this and I have my game running really well now that I found out what was causing my crashes.  However I like to have things as good as I can get them, so it really bothers me that I can't do what you guys are managing.  I thought I was just being a tard, but I am following the exact same steps as listed above.

I don't know what else to do.

Edited to Add: That Valentine's file also installed just fine.  Going to experiment some more.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 22, 03:21:51 by Slymenstra » Logged
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 February 22, 03:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Telling us you having the same problem as twenty other people here is not helpful and as to the last part of your post WRDC.

WRDC?  I know it doesn't really have anything to do with the topic, but I'm curious.  And my Google-fu is weak tonight.  Grin

GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 February 22, 03:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I extracted both to the same folder.

@TashaFaun and GnatGoSplat:  Do you guys use 3booter and FPSlimiter?  I do; might that have something to do with it?

Was that folder your desktop?  Because I couldn't get it to do anything in my Downloads folder with Windows 7 x64.  Moving everything to Desktop was what made it work on my machine.  So just a shot in the dark, but maybe some versions of Windows have permissions issues with what folders you can use.

No, I don't use 3booter or FPSlimiter.  I'm not sure those are relevant if you were able to get my .sims3pack to work.

Try this:
- Open a DOS Command Prompt window.
- Drag s3rc.exe to it.  Then type space and -fD and another space.
- Drag your .sims3pack to the command prompt window.
- You should then have something that looks like "c:\path\s3rc.exe" -fD "c:\path\whatever.sims3pack" (where path is the full path of where the file is located).
- Hit ENTER.

Does that make a .sims3pack that works?
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 February 22, 03:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was that folder your desktop?  

It's in a folder on my desktop.  I'll try your suggestion, probably tomorrow.  I'm way too frustrated tonight! Cheesy

The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 February 22, 03:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Telling us you having the same problem as twenty other people here is not helpful and as to the last part of your post WRDC.

WRDC?  I know it doesn't really have anything to do with the topic, but I'm curious.  And my Google-fu is weak tonight.  Grin

W: We
R: Really
D: Don't
C: Care
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 February 22, 03:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

W: We
R: Really
D: Don't
C: Care

Cheesy

Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 February 22, 03:48:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was that folder your desktop?  Because I couldn't get it to do anything in my Downloads folder with Windows 7 x64.  Moving everything to Desktop was what made it work on my machine.  So just a shot in the dark, but maybe some versions of Windows have permissions issues with what folders you can use.

No, I don't use 3booter or FPSlimiter.  I'm not sure those are relevant if you were able to get my .sims3pack to work.

Try this:
- You should then have something that looks like "c:\path\s3rc.exe" -fD "c:\path\whatever.sims3pack" (where path is the full path of where the file is located).
- Hit ENTER.

Does that make a .sims3pack that works?

I feel like a fool but I can not drag anything into the command prompt window.  Do I need to DL a DOS program for this?  I haven't used DOS for...I have no idea, YEARS!  

I did however manually type out the -fD and it says:
BacktoNature.sims3pack
Done!

When I stick it in the launcher it says: Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest Software update.

I have these files and s3rc/decrap inside C: User - Name.

ETA: If I just decrap they pretend to install but don't.  Huh  Also I have SUCCESSFULLY decrapified my merged packages and what not.  So I know it does work.  Just not sims3packs.  At least I think it has.  I am trying really hard to learn all of this and not be a tard!

I'm going to reinstall, maybe I am not as patched as the game is leading me to believe.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 22, 04:09:32 by Slymenstra » Logged
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 February 22, 04:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy

Dear God, STOP with the fucking smileys already. That's, what, the sixth one on this page? We don't need to be constantly updated on your expression.

I sing along with elevator music.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 February 22, 05:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this:
- Hit ENTER.

Tested. Works.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 February 22, 05:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel like a fool but I can not drag anything into the command prompt window.  

I can't either.  So I Googled it and found the drag and drop feature has been disabled in Windows Vista.  Unless you don't have Vista; then I don't know what to say.

Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 February 22, 06:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It must be a Vista problem then.  I found I was NOT fully patched so I fixed that issue at least.  But I still can not get the broken/uninstallable sims3packs to install after using decrap or s3rc.

Oh well this is way too much fiddling for such a bug ridden game anyway!  My sims usually corrupt themselves in just a few generations just from going on vacation.  I have what I need working.  Until someone can tell me how to work this with retarded Vista I will go back to my Sims for now.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 February 22, 17:29:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, learn something new every day.  I didn't know you can't drag & drop onto the Command Prompt in Vista.  Well, you can just type in the full path, it will be just as effective, just not as easy.

I'm completely guessing, but maybe the issue some of you are having is permissions based.  When you open a command prompt, make sure it says "Administrator: Command Prompt".  If it doesn't say "Administrator", then run Command Prompt by right clicking it and selecting "Run as Administrator".  Then try typing in:
"c:\path\s3rc.exe" -fD "c:\path\whatever.sims3pack" (where path is the full path of where the file is located)

And see if that makes a good .sims3pack.  With Vista, do you also have UAC enabled?  Try disabling it.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 February 22, 18:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm completely guessing, but maybe the issue some of you are having is permissions based.  When you open a command prompt, make sure it says "Administrator: Command Prompt".  If it doesn't say "Administrator", then run Command Prompt by right clicking it and selecting "Run as Administrator".  Then try typing in:
"c:\path\s3rc.exe" -fD "c:\path\whatever.sims3pack" (where path is the full path of where the file is located)

Yikes!  That's a lot of work for more than 200 .sims3packs! lol  In the Recompressor thread, Pes said Jfade will be updating his compressorizor tool; 'cause most people are too stupid to use Ye Olde Dosse.  I'll probably just wait for that.

Does anyone know if using my manually created .dbc files is a VBT?

This is news to me. I've had Vista since it came out and have had no problem with drag and drop. I don't believe I had to enable anything. Odd.

How did you get it to work?  Every time I try, I just get a circle with a diagonal line through it.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 22, 18:37:55 by Capitaine Marie » Logged

Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 February 22, 18:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, learn something new every day.  I didn't know you can't drag & drop onto the Command Prompt in Vista.  Well, you can just type in the full path, it will be just as effective, just not as easy.
Or you could use Copy as Path, which is not quite as simple but can be almost as fast.
http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/window-on-windows/?p=586

TashaFaun, you probably have UAC disabled which will allow D&D. However your system is not as safe.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 February 22, 18:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could use Copy as Path, which is not quite as simple but can be almost as fast.
http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/window-on-windows/?p=586

TashaFaun, you probably have UAC disabled which will allow D&D. However your system is not as safe.

I looked into using Copy as Path last night.  Still seems like a lot of work, unless I'm missing the point.  I might try disabling UAC later.  But I'm beginning to wonder if decrapify is really worth all this trouble, lol.

jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2010 February 22, 18:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've finished the new Compressorizer, but I'm looking for some feedback. Grab it here:

http://www.jfade.com/temp/maty/Compressorizer1.0.zip

Note that you'll probably have to set the file types to include .nhd, .sim, etc if you are decrapifying. Lemme know if something's missing.

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 February 22, 19:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've finished the new Compressorizer, but I'm looking for some feedback.

Now we're talkin'!  I'll try it out when I'm a little less frustrated. Thanks.

@GnatGoSplat and Simsample:  I disabled UAC and ran the command prompt as Administrator.  Drag and drop *still* doesn't work. Roll Eyes

GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 February 22, 19:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked into using Copy as Path last night.  Still seems like a lot of work, unless I'm missing the point.  I might try disabling UAC later.  But I'm beginning to wonder if decrapify is really worth all this trouble, lol.

Mainly just looking to rule stuff out.  If that would have worked, that would rule out a problem with the .exe files and possibly indicate an OS security or permissions issue.

@GnatGoSplat and Simsample:  I disabled UAC and ran the command prompt as Administrator.  Drag and drop *still* doesn't work. Roll Eyes

Yeah, I've confirmed Drag & Drop into Command Prompt on Vista doesn't work.  It works fine on my Windows 7, but my Vista VM can't do it even with UAC off.

Hopefully jfade's tool works for you.  I see it works on .sim files which is a big plus.  I wasn't able to get decrapify.exe to work on the .sim files in my SavedSims folder, nor did it work on the .package files in my Library folder.  I ended up just re-creating those.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 February 22, 20:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mainly just looking to rule stuff out.  If that would have worked, that would rule out a problem with the .exe files and possibly indicate an OS security or permissions issue.

Hopefully jfade's tool works for you.

I appreciate everybody's suggestions.  And for not poking me with sharp sticks, of course.  I hope Jfade's tool works, too.  If not, I'll just give it a rest -- as bloody hard as that is for me!

Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 February 22, 22:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've finished the new Compressorizer, but I'm looking for some feedback. Grab it here:

Note that you'll probably have to set the file types to include .nhd, .sim, etc if you are decrapifying. Lemme know if something's missing.

This doesn't work for me any better than the other way, just wonderfully easier to batch them all together.  I still get told I need to update, or it says Installed but it is not.  Would it be helpful for someone to look at the file that my decrap makes and compare it to the original?

The file gets smaller and the time stamp does change.

I turned off UAC and run this program as Admin.  I am running for sure this time 1.10, 2.5, 3.1.  I will post the 2 files if anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 22, 22:24:07 by Slymenstra » Logged
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2010 February 22, 22:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This doesn't work for me any better than the other way, just wonderfully easier to batch them all together.  I still get told I need to update, or it says Installed but it is not.  Would it be helpful for someone to look at the file that my decrap makes and compare it to the original?

The file gets smaller and the time stamp does change.

I turned off UAC and run this program as Admin.  I am running for sure this time 1.1, 2.5, 3.1.  I will post the 2 files if anyone is interested.
You'll have to wait and see if Pescado wants the file, he'd have to debug things. It works flawlessly for me though, aside from like 1 file that I didn't care about anyhow.

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 February 22, 22:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've finished the new Compressorizer, but I'm looking for some feedback.

Now we're talkin'!  I'll try it out when I'm a little less frustrated. Thanks.

May require a reboot after disabling UAC. Also, you cannot drag from one application running with a normal user security to another application running with elevated security. You could test to see if you can drag from one admin window to another admin window.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: