More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 12:07:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Surprise buttsecks er... I mean, marriage.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Surprise buttsecks er... I mean, marriage.  (Read 8593 times)
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Surprise buttsecks er... I mean, marriage.
« on: 2010 February 19, 21:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent my well travelled sim to Egypt. When she arrived at base camp, i noticed she had the heartbroken moodlet from witnessing death. Some time later whilst mousing over her, I noticed that her surname had changed. On closer inspection, her fambly tree shows she has a daughter living in Egypt and the father is the guy that appeared in her 'heartbroken' thought bubble. So I quit, no save.

Inge informs me in grah that this is an EAxian bug and that having AM should fix it. I am running the latest AM though.

My last save was a couple of days before she travelled. I check her friends and she doesn't know the father. I send her back to Egypt and as soon as she gets to base camp, she gets the heartbroken moodlet again. Her surname has changed and her fambly tree shows a different daughter but same father.

Is this something that HELS has borked? Anyone else got foreigners in their game, marrying their sims?
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Surprise buttsecks er... I mean, marriage.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 19, 23:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why you don't believe Inge, she is 100% correct.  It is a World Adventure bug.  Foreigners come with STDs. Do not have relations with them or risk unwanted pregnancies/Marriages and truant future childrens.

Awesome Mod is like a condom, using it will prevent this STD.  However if you already had the STD Awesome can not fix it.

You have to play a save before your sim had unprotected sex with a foreigner, or start over.

My Sims are banned from even looking at a foreigner that way!  Wink
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 20, 00:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sim had not ever met the father of her surprise child. I'm not sure how I am meant to prevent her from consorting with him, when she had never met him.

Edit - I knew it was a WA bug as search is my friend. However I assumed that Pescado had fixed via AM around that time. I was wondering whether anyone had encountered this since patching to 3.1 and installing HELS.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 20, 00:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm I thought you had to have some kind of romantic relationship with the foreigner.  I also thought the fix was fairly recent like a week or two.

Had your Sim gone on vacation before this time you saw the child?  I think the bug has to do with the Foreigner dying and the story mode (EA's) creating a replacement.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 20, 03:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This actually happened to me earlier this week, except my sim was in France. She had never had a romantic relationship with any foreigner, and she'd never even met the guy she was supposed to have been married to. I gave Pescado my save file and he updated awesomemod with a fix for this maybe four to seven days ago. If you are using the latest version and this is happening then you might want to give Pescado your save file to look over. This bug seems like it really doesn't want to die.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 20, 04:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent my well travelled sim to Egypt. When she arrived at base camp, i noticed she had the heartbroken moodlet from witnessing death. Some time later whilst mousing over her, I noticed that her surname had changed. On closer inspection, her fambly tree shows she has a daughter living in Egypt and the father is the guy that appeared in her 'heartbroken' thought bubble. So I quit, no save.

Inge informs me in grah that this is an EAxian bug and that having AM should fix it. I am running the latest AM though.
Are you really? That should be fixed in the current one.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 20, 10:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, it was the 15.2.10 14.44 version. No save though from before the event.  I will see if I can recreate it.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 March 02, 02:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I experienced this error as well, my sim suddenly married, then everyone in China started dropping like flies and Grimmy flailing to keep up. I exited without saving and installed an updated version of AM. I don't know if this is related, but a fair amount of the NPC's, both in the 'hood and in China, have started peeing themselves and are afterwards going around stinking, revolting everyone around them.

Is this okay or will it eventually cause BFBVFS? I have no cc other than AM, and my patches are up to date.

INTJ
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 March 05, 00:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think your game has asploded. If you can reproduce the weird marriage thing, though, lemme know.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 March 05, 01:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, so far, after I updated to the latest version of AM it has not happened again.
I have several sims peeing themselves on the stairs of City Hall, but no surprise marriages as yet.

INTJ
StarKitten
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 March 21, 08:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen, though it was when my sim went to China. Supprise, you are broken hearted because the spouse you've never met has died, and there is a child running around somewhere that you supposedly created...
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 March 21, 08:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's like your writing a bad sequel to Madame Butterfly!

16:29   spockers   I fucking hate going to see movies in theaters now.
16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
cannedsarcasm
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 March 21, 12:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your =! You're.

But I'm pretty sure you knew that already and just made an honest mistake.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: