More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 18:01:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Some issues with s3rc / Could not stat
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Some issues with s3rc / Could not stat  (Read 3062 times)
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Some issues with s3rc / Could not stat
« on: 2009 November 16, 12:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some problems I encountered with s3rc hoping to receive some feedback. First, a "could not stat" message is sometimes appearing.
What does stat mean and what could be reasons for this message? I attempted to -d decompress some files previously run through s3rc because after compressing the file, they no longer appeared in game. It simply returned "Could not stat the .package file" and would not decompress it. I am using the latest version. Also, received this same error for trying to -s one of my save files. s3rc did appear to properly ensmallen -s on an alternative save file.

Another issue is occasionally the s3rc will eat a file. By eat, I mean it appears to be compressing then suddenly the file will be gone, deleted. There is no trace of it.  This occurred when attempting to compress some downloaded meshes.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Some issues with s3rc / Could not stat
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 21, 09:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've probably solved your issues by now but I can say that I too encountered the 'Could not stat' error. The only way I got around that was by drag-and-dropping s3rc into DOS command prompt followed by typing in a space followed by -fD then another space and then drag-and-dropping the package file into DOS as well. This method works fine for me, no errors, but is time consuming with how much back and forth there is with dragging the files.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: