More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 07:03:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Phail: February-March 2010
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Phail: February-March 2010  (Read 180866 times)
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
EAxis House of Phail: February-March 2010
« on: 2010 February 17, 20:05:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This month's lot is "Friendly Firmament - 2BR 1.5BA" from the Apartment Life lot bin.  Because this one was started late, you've got a month and a half to finish it.

If you don't have Apartment Life, I've remade the lot to be base-game compatible.  Because there are no spiral stairs in the base game, I've replaced them with standard modular stairs instead.  Lot edges are flat.

Rules, cut and pasted from last month:

1. No CC.  Please indicate expansion and stuff packs so people who wish to download your lot know what to expect.  Pictures are required, either available for download, on a slideshow, or posted in this thread.

2. By entering this challenge, you agree to take constructive criticism.  If you wish to judge someone else's entry, you should be respectful but honest.

3. Your lot does not have to be Awesomespec, although it is encouraged.

4. You may move internal walls and add external walls but you may NOT move original external walls.

5. Lots may be furnished, unfurnished, or partially furnished.  You can even upload both furnished and unfurnished versions.

Monthly rules:

6. Bonus points if you can keep the hilly terrain and vegetation.

* FriendlyFirmament.zip (189.84 KB - downloaded 1101 times.)

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Phail: February-March 2010
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 18, 01:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweet, I haven't done a house of phail in months. Literally.
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 18, 06:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One quick submission: the Fantastic Flat

This house is intended to house a family of 5, with specific bedrooms for a teenaged girl, twin boys (or even two more girls, if they like teal & blue), and a parents room downstairs. There are 2 and a half bathrooms, two of which are upstairs for easier access by the kids. Use and redecorate to your hearts content! Cheesy

Front

Entrance Alcove

Living Room

Kitchen & Dining Room

First Bathroom

Bedroom 1

Upstairs Hallway

Kids Bedroom (aka bedroom 2)

Half bathroom

Teenager Bedroom (aka bedroom 3)

Bathroom 2 (or 3)

First Floor

Second Floor

This house was built using all EP's and all SP's. As per the rules, there is no CC.

* Fantastic Flat.rar (577.63 KB - downloaded 1210 times.)
« Last Edit: 2010 February 18, 20:22:50 by Prosthetics » Logged
Jax
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 19, 15:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been lurking for a while now. This is my first house of phail.
This is The Orchard. An earth-tone, 2 bedroom for a small family, with an orchard.
I have all EP's and K&B, Family Fun and Celebration Stuff.

First floor

second floor

living area

kitchen

dining area

* The Orchard.rar (526.43 KB - downloaded 1065 times.)
« Last Edit: 2010 February 20, 14:03:23 by BlueSooButton » Logged
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 21, 19:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would suggest changing up the windows a bit, and maybe adding some more in the "blank" spaces of the house. Those roof angles look killer, by the way, and I mean that literally.
ajcrawly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 28, 06:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My contribution for this month.  Forgive the not so good pictures. I upgraded to Windows 7 and now I can't get Gadwin to work anymore.  I need to argue with it some more so hopefully it will stop taking print-screens of my desktop. So only poor in-game camera pics this time.    Also I have all EP's and all SP's.

Front of house

Second Floor

First Floor

File is attached because it was small enough. Open with clean pack installer because I think the phone line controller attached itself again.

* Friendly Firmament_002.7z (579.9 KB - downloaded 1050 times.)

"We've been rehearsing a classic from antiquity, Green Eggs and Hamlet, the story of a young prince of Denmark who goes mad, drowns his girlfriend, and in his remorse, forces spoiled breakfast on all whom he meets." — Christopher Moore (Fool)
Sipu_von_Sapu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 28, 19:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thunder Cliff Lonely Log Cabin far far in the blue mountains  Cheesy

My version is this time only partly furnished because I'm feeling a bit lazy.

Lockable kitchen, lockable stairs so your guests don't wander about where they shouldn't, one desk but otherwise not so awesome spec.
No cc, not playtested at all.

View a slideshow

Download

Built with all EP's and SP's

Gone with the SIM
bestofsmall
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 28, 22:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate this house in my game it is so ugly . Prosthetics yours is really pretty , I love the entrance . And Sipu yours is very cozy  and country looking I like what you did with it.
Heres my go at it I hate the hill so tried to hide it lol . I also tried to make it functional so it is a Home Business lot. I have a family in it in my game and it seems to work well. In my game as well I flattened the hill later and put the business in the downstairs part of the barn after the family started to grow more.The little loft area of the barn is for making things for the shop.

Ihave all the exspansions and FFS,GLS,CS & TSS i have a little CC but didn't use any in this lot so hopefully none comes with it.

http://www.box.net/shared/gbtm1byxrv

edit to add there are lockable doors to keep guests out of the living areas of the home/business also
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 March 01, 04:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ajcrawly - Might I suggest playing in windowed mode for the purpose of taking pictures and using the print screen button on your keyboard? That's what I do. The first floor looks a bit crowded, but it gives it a more "lived-in" feel, I think. I'd suggest more landscaping though.

@Sipu_von_Sapu - I adore your house! Nothing to critique except for the fact that it's unfurnished ;]

@bestofsmall - The only problem I have is the windows, but there are really no major concerns. (besides the included recolors of doors & a door itself) Thank you, by the way.

Now to finish up my second attempt.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 01, 19:17:54 by Prosthetics » Logged
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 March 06, 15:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if I am going to be able to finish this house because I'm having trouble designing the inside and the outside, so here's two pics of what I got done so far just in case I never finish it.

(I wish I would have remembered to remove the mailbox and trashcan from the view  Tongue)

I also forgot to change the style of the stairs, although I might just delete them and have a dirt walkway.
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 March 07, 09:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a lovely oriental style you've got going on, Jorganza. I really hope you can finish it.
Anebrd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 March 12, 04:20:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jorganza , I hope you get inspired to finished that house. It is beautiful. I would add it to my game.
bestofsmall , I  like your farm house! It is so very cozy and charming. You did a kick ass job on the barn.
Sipu_von_Sapu  A cabin is something I would never have came up with. It looks neat.
ajcrawly - I like your house especially. Very neat looking.
BlueSooButton  There is only one tiny thing I don't like about your house. When you are looking at the front door pic, It seems very empty on the second floor. I would suggest a window or two. Also this makes me a huge hypocritc seeing as my house has no windows at all on three sides. I can live with that thou.
Prosthetics  Love your house. It is very cozy and inviting.

This is one of my favorite houses to screw play around with at times. Here is what I came up with this time.
BLAH MANOR
A vampire hideaway

The hill has only been slightly change to allow for a bench and fountain. A sim can walk up to that spot. The Christmas lights look cool from this angle but if you look at them directly from the side... the sense of wonder will be deader than a blind puppy on a freeway.

The front door was moved to the front. I like the flower garden above.

This vampire house has three floors but I am only showing two. I didn't bother with the very top floor. Either you will be woot, a vampire house to fill with all my goth torture mods (( or your sparkly vampire mods. I am not judging you. )) or you think vampires are stupid and wonder why bigfoot doesn't get more love.

This is the second floor. It was the kitchen.,dining room, and a full bath. Everything was tested and seems to be working well.

h

The ground floor. The vampire's true hidehole is bebehind the mysterious bookcase. If you are so sort of hard core vampire player and don't use the mod that allows them to survive th sunlight in doors, I would recommend the mod hack here that treats the bookcase as a regular door. You don't want your prescious Dracula, Spike or Edward to become a pile of dust do we.
Note there is a graveyard behind the house for all of your do it yourself sort of vampires that want a nice place to hide the bodies.
I have everything. All the expansions and all of the stuff packs. I know that I used the teen scene one and the bath and kitchen one heavily so use at your own risk.
Blah Manor
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ozhzznml2wm/Blah Manor.Sims2Pack
« Last Edit: 2010 March 12, 04:33:47 by Anebrd » Logged
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 March 13, 20:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aerial views are informative but don't really work for showing off aesthetics. You should also include a view of your house from the street. Also your decor reminds me of Hot Topic chains - works great to show off uniformity (hurr) but just look all 12y goth but considering what the no CC rule limits you to...  you can take that as a constructive or not. In short MOAR STREETVIEW PLZ

16:29   spockers   I fucking hate going to see movies in theaters now.
16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 March 22, 06:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had been working on a second submission for this month, I spent a pretty grand amount of time on it. But I finally finished it today, placed the apartment doors on it, and entered the 'cheat' to make it into an apartment, and the game informed me that it had an invalid apartment lot. I fiddled with it for about an hour, but eventually gave up. Sorry :/
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 March 25, 05:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh crap, I forgot about this thread. Well, I'll start on my entry as soon as I get to install the rest of my EPs and SPs.

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
simsrocks
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 March 25, 09:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm convinced I WILL enter this month, I already have a good idea for my entry.
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 March 25, 16:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops. Bandwidth exceeded. >_<
bestofsmall
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 April 06, 13:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just have a few comments :
@ Anebrd yours does look spooky and more shots from street would be great .
@ Jorganza you really really have to finish yours it is amazing even at this stage ! I would definately add it to my game .
@ Bluesoobutton nice and roomy and I like the color scheme but the roof does look a bit churchy style maybe a flat roof on that part or like someone said more windows ? It does need something there .
@ ajcrawly interesting shape / style and adding the pool is a very cool idea .
@ prosthetics thanks and sorry about door/windows I forgot they were CC .

I'm wondering what this months will be it is April already and I've redone my PC so no CC added back {yet} that won't last long though knowing me , so hurry up and someone choose the new one please .
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 April 07, 13:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bestofsmall, the best way to not use CC is to turn it off in the catalog, all you have to do is go to your game settings and set custom content to not display in the catalog so that you won't accidentally use some. Once you're done building your house, go back into your settings and tell the game to display it. Easy.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: