More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:49:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1474978 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #1625 on: 2017 July 03, 04:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll ask Pescado. I notice my robots are being split off from oversize families again, so I need to mention that.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: 2017 July 06, 01:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In addition to having the "FindHome" problem my inventories seem to be getting destroyed, despite having the option to keep them intact set to true in the config.

INTP.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: 2017 July 06, 04:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been experiencing the same thing just recently. I thought it was NRAAS mods, I've been trying out various combos of potion protectors and stuff. It's not all inventories, just some all of a sudden, and nothing left.

ETA: Have told Pescado.

phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: 2017 July 06, 18:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks witch. I don't use any other mods, so it's not that.

INTP.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: 2017 July 08, 22:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Other weird stuff is happening. Adult female sim aged to elder before her older sister. In one household, everyone kept changing into work clothes (not a household I was controlling at the time, but visiting). Pretty sure wishes are getting deleted but it's not every time.

Also, probably due to whatever is causing the FindHome issue, no one is dating much (one every couple of sim days), no one is getting married at all, and no one is having babies (except the controlled household).

INTP.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: 2017 July 09, 06:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I noticed last night the only date was one with a robot, which is not supposed to happen. I spent some time splitting apart flatting households to see if that would help, but it didn't.

ETA: Sometimes I run the last super patch, just in case any of the files/databases have become corrupted in game crashes.
ETA2: If your video drivers are set to automatically update - because they keep putting the tick back and you missed one - that resets sim lifespans in active games back to EA default properties. I prefer epic.
« Last Edit: 2017 July 09, 10:53:28 by witch » Logged

Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1631 on: 2017 July 18, 10:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a bugfix for the firefighters? (Quests where they have to save sims resetting or in my current cycle of gameplay just simply not showing up? Firefighter only gets opportunities for Disaster-type fires/big plants eating schools, smoking gas-erupting boilers etc? While these are mildly amusing, it means the Sim is never going to fill the LTW of saving 30 Sims from fires.) Or is this another EA laziness we just have to live with?

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: 2017 August 27, 04:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a problem.  When I try to click on the currently selected Sim so that I can select self-interactions, nothing happens - there isn't an error, but no menu pops up.  I did some testing, and if I remove all of my mods except for AM I have the problem, but if I load the game entirely vanilla the problem goes away.  What's up with that?

All generalizations are false, including this one.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: 2017 August 27, 06:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is new? I'm having a hard time understanding what caused that, considering the last update consisted of precisely ONE character being changed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: 2017 August 27, 07:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you updated AM, Avalikia? There's a new one gone up in the last several days.

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: 2017 August 28, 06:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the most updated version of AM and used that for my testing, but I have had this problem since before that - I was just lazy about testing if it was a mod problem, and I didn't want to whine without testing.

I don't necessarily use self-interactions a lot so I'm not sure when the problem started exactly.  I don't mess with my mods that often, but I'm almost completely positive that I did not have this problem 2 months ago, when I resumed playing after about a year of not playing.  At that time I was using a version of AM that was probably a few years old - I got lazy about updating it not that long after it stopped requiring updates - but I ended up updating to the current version because my game was crashing frequently (attempts to track down the cause of the crashes via Google led me to people attributing that specific type of crash to AM, so I tried updating it and that fixed the crashing issue).

On the plus side, I can confirm that this very latest update seems to be working nicely.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: 2017 August 28, 07:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean that you no longer have this problem with the updated AM? I can't reproduce the problem with my sims, I use both MATY and Nraas, plus about a zillion other mods.

I have a vague idea I have had the problem in the past but can't remember how it was fixed. Have you tried googling MTS2?

ETA: The sim I had like that was a room-mate. You can get room-mates now in the hometown, not sure if it's native or a mod. I got a roomie and didn't realise you couldn't direct them to do anything - no menus.

You could try "fixall", followed by "resetworld".

Plus just start a new world and see if it happens there. Is it just the one sim, or all of them?
« Last Edit: 2017 August 29, 07:35:03 by witch » Logged

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: 2017 September 01, 14:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, what I meant is that my homeless Sims were moving back in again - so that part is good.

And...  Oddly enough now so is the self interaction issue.  I loaded my game to double check some of the stuff you asked about, but it's suddenly working even before I tried anything.  Which is super weird because I've had that problem for months, the last time I loaded my game a couple of days ago it was definitely not working, and I kid you not I loaded it today after not messing with anything at all and it's working for no reason.  Maybe when I loaded the game vanilla once and then put the AM back in that fixed it somehow?  I mean, I'm pretty sure I checked again to see if it was still broken after I put the AM back in, but it's possible I'm remembering that wrong.

In any event, I even quit and reloaded to see if it was a fluke, and it doesn't seem to be.  So I'll shut up now unless the problem decides to reappear as mysteriously as it disappeared or something.

Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1638 on: 2017 October 13, 16:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Flagrant System Error. Very scarey.
I checked; do have the latest AM, and I don't know what's going on.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: 2017 October 29, 22:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something i have had from time to time in different games is that most of the non sacred households become homeless.   Not sure why, they have plenty of funds to stay where they were, or move into another property, but they stay homeless.  I have previously just scrapped the game and restarted it, but that is getting tiresome.  It doesn't happen every game, and I havent been able to nail it down to a specific event that triggers it.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1640 on: 2018 January 07, 22:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"bless" function doesn't seem to work any more.

columbia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: 2018 February 27, 23:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Flagrant System Error. Very scarey.
I checked; do have the latest AM, and I don't know what's going on.

Did you ever find out what this was? I've been getting the same thing for a few months, too. Seems like it happens after a birthday, although the one I got today was after I adopted a pet and the pet was on the way. The clock stops running but the game goes on. (The time it stops is random.) The household no longer knows when to go to work, school, etc.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<FSE> <Error>Sims3.SimIFace.ResetException: Exception of type Sims3.SimIFace.ResetException was thrown.</Error> </FSE>

FYI, I removed Awesome Mod and no problems with the clock. Still have Nraas MC/SP & Tagger, plus some fixes for EA items. This first time this clock issue happened to me was around the end of October '17. I haven't played much since then and certainly not long enough to trigger it. I decided to play a different house in a different neighborhood (an EA house) and the clock stoppage happened (as mentioned above). Yesterday I downloaded the new AM (since I was cursed at when I'd asked about a mod when EA changed something with Origin, I figured the mod would never be updated), and a new MC/SP. Tried again and the house was still dealing with the clock stoppage. That did not fix the problem and I still got the message when I started the game that Awesome conflicts - mentioning the latter simply because I'm here. I removed Awesome and the house that I'd quit playing 4 months ago is now working fine. I, of course, created a new config so wondering if there is something on it that conflicts.
« Last Edit: 2018 February 28, 03:47:46 by columbia » Logged
Fierro
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: 2018 July 11, 12:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, Awesomemod in my game causes sims not able to Discover potion through Chemical table. They don't even change outfit to Scientific when start working with it. After I remove AM everything works fine. Game version 1.69

Also, somehow aweconfig stopped working for me. I change options via this page but after I delete old config package, download new file and add it to Packages folder, nothing changes from last time, even though Xml files inside package are as they meant to be.
GiLaNg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: 2021 January 27, 04:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi. So I just want to report a bug and the fix I made.

The bug:

When my household purchases an additional residential lot, the build/buy action in that purchased lot costs no money. This behavior does not appear on Vacation Homes and Purchased Community Lots/Venues.

After digging through Google, I found a thread at MTS: https://modthesims.info/t/614300, which one of the posters investigated that this bug does not appear in the game without AwesomeMod. I confirmed myself by taking out AwesomeMod, the bug disappeared.

Investigation:
I realized that AM has a feature that overrides the Build/Buy button, which indicates that the mod injects some additional code when transitioning from Live mode to Build/Buy mode. I identified the code in problem begins in Awesome.Main.OnEnterBuildBuy() method, which disable the family funds flag in the LotManager

private static void OnEnterBuildBuy()
{
    Lot sActiveBuildBuyLot = LotManager.sActiveBuildBuyLot;
    Navigation.ClearMaps(sActiveBuildBuyLot);
    if (sActiveBuildBuyLot.Household == null && Household.ActiveHousehold != null
        && !RealEstate.GetOwningHouseholds(sActiveBuildBuyLot.LotId).Contains(Household.ActiveHousehold)
        && (!GameObject.IsBuildBuyRestrictedForStageSetup() || LotManage.IsSettingUpStageForNPC(sActiveBuildBuyLot)))
    {
        LotManager.sFamilyFundsDisabled = true;
    }
    MagicWand.UnhideParkingSpots();
}

In that method, the code checks if the household is the owner of the lot through the method Awesome.Economy.RealEstate.GetOwningHouseholds(). Below is the original code:

public static List<Household> GetOwningHouseholds(ulong oid)
{
    List<Household> list = new List<Household>();
    foreach (Household sHousehold in Household.sHouseholdList)
    {
        if (sHousehold.RealEstateManager == null)
        {
            continue;
        }
        foreach (PropertyData allProperty in sHousehold.RealEstateManager.AllProperties)
        {
            bool flag = false;
            if (allProperty.IsFullOwner)
            {
                switch (allProperty.PropertyType)
                {
                case RealEstatePropertyType.VacationHome:
                case RealEstatePropertyType.Venue:
                case RealEstatePropertyType.Resort:
                    flag = allProperty.LotId == oid;
                    break;
                default:
                    flag = allProperty.ObjectId.Value == oid;
                    break;
                }
                if (flag && !list.Contains(sHousehold))
                {
                    list.Add(sHousehold);
                }
            }
        }
    }
    return list;
}

The code checks the ownership of the lot, however it disregards the PrivateLot property type

public enum RealEstatePropertyType
{
   None,
   RabbitHole,
   VacationHome,
   Venue,
   PrivateLot,
   Resort
}

Fix:
Adding the RealEstatePropertyType.PrivateLot to the switch cases fix the problem. The game no longer grants free build-buy on a purchased residential home in the homeworld. I modified the assembly via dnSpy tools and try to run in game.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: 2021 January 28, 05:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1645 on: 2021 September 07, 00:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a bugfix for the firefighters? (Quests where they have to save sims resetting or in my current cycle of gameplay just simply not showing up? Firefighter only gets opportunities for Disaster-type fires/big plants eating schools, smoking gas-erupting boilers etc? While these are mildly amusing, it means the Sim is never going to fill the LTW of saving 30 Sims from fires.) Or is this another EA laziness we just have to live with?
Answered my own question. See https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=659969&cb=1630966822 for simler90s mod that is sposed to fix this.

Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: 2022 June 08, 09:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if this fits here but saw someone else ask this. I frequently get the "fridge: reset exception was thrown" thingy. Particulalrly at the start of the play session. It said it was a forced reset but since it is happening so frequently for me, am I doing something wrong? Or is it common to get a forced reset of some fridges when loading up a save?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: 2022 June 08, 17:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently it's common, I guess, since I didn't edit anything that would reset fridges.

Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: 2022 June 08, 22:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently it's common, I guess, since I didn't edit anything that would reset fridges.

Thank you for your response. These reset exceptions I can ignore? It only happens at the start of each play session never while playing. Have you experienced these before?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: 2022 June 09, 02:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uploaded new version, MAYBE resolves your weird renovation payout issue. Dunno anything about the fridge issue.

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: