More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:18:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1474884 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #1600 on: 2016 September 20, 01:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have AM and have never had problems with sims' lifespans, I don't know why you might be having them. Check AM config if they are not ageing at all, that has a button for sims 2 type ageing - i.e.not.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: 2016 September 20, 02:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I am unable to change sim lifespans with AwesomeMod installed
I don't see anything unusual, the settings for changing them in the game options work normally. Please include screenshot and better description of what you mean by "unable", the aging controls appear fine to me.

No. I am talking about normal autonomnous social interactions that usualy in non moded game works ok. Did i ever mention romance? Game was tested with using only awesome mod. And when testing I was only using friendly interactions.
Yes, I'm familiar with how pedophile grooming works. Normal, non-pedophile sims will not attempt to groom strange children. If that's what you want, there's an option for this in AwesomeMod. Just don't expect it to be consequence free if you get caught.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sabian
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: 2016 September 20, 09:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y511/Joe_Kool72/Menu_zpsnooev4rc.jpg

The option to disable sim aging as well as the sliders to modify it are all grayed out. All other options in the menu work normally.

Downloaded AM again in case it got messed up, redid the config and left everything on default except the nudity censors, and it's still the same.

Btw my game is patched to 1.67.2.024002, using the Patch Downloader, in case that has anything to do with it.

I'm at a loss as to what else to do, except maybe reinstalling the game and all the expansions (shudder), testing after each install.

« Last Edit: 2016 September 20, 10:08:31 by Sabian » Logged
MoonNight
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: 2016 September 20, 10:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I didn't know that teens and young adults can't be friendly without that being considered child grooming. So i guess what i tought is bug is actually mod feature.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: 2016 September 21, 01:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The option to disable sim aging as well as the sliders to modify it are all grayed out. All other options in the menu work normally.
Downloaded AM again in case it got messed up, redid the config and left everything on default except the nudity censors, and it's still the same.
Btw my game is patched to 1.67.2.024002, using the Patch Downloader, in case that has anything to do with it.
I'm at a loss as to what else to do, except maybe reinstalling the game and all the expansions (shudder), testing after each install.

Your screen shot is from the main menu screen.  Did you check the options menu in-game?  In-game they work fine for me, and have always been greyed out going into options from the main menu screen.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Sabian
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: 2016 September 21, 10:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah shit I forgot about the other options menu, and I already blew away my installation to redo it. I'll check that once I'm all set up again. Thanks wizard.

---

It is as wizard said, grayed out in the main menu but works fine in game. Thanks wizard, witch, & Pescado for the quick replies.

« Last Edit: 2016 September 22, 10:42:54 by Sabian » Logged
becfern
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: 2016 October 04, 13:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw the earlier reply, but just to double check - is it a definite thing that awesomemod for 1.69 is never going to happen? If so I guess I have to uninstall and reinstall the game via all my discs and manually patch up to 1.67 Sad
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: 2016 October 08, 16:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not "definite", but since no one can be bothered to link this patch or send me the files I need to inspect, it isn't happening until one of these happens.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
becfern
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: 2016 October 09, 17:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Best I can find is the nraas post about it: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Patch+1.69
There don't seem to be any official patch notes for this, nor is there a patch file to download.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: 2016 October 18, 13:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the biggest problem with supporting this "patch" is the complete lack of evidence that it actually exists. So far I have seen no one come forward with proof that it actually exists and am convinced this is some kind of elaborate hoax.

Franziska
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: 2016 October 18, 17:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This patch exists, but it does nothing of value. All it does is linking the launcher to Origin, making it impossible to bybass and play with a NoCD mod or FPS limiter. Do NOT want. http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2015/11/patch-1-69.html
« Last Edit: 2016 October 18, 18:08:12 by Franziska » Logged

-Define "interesting"! - Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTVVjpTzIY
Shiggy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: 2016 December 10, 05:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When trying to use awesomemod's story progression on the newest uploaded version (2016/08/20 14:05:09), the game displays the following errors with a variety of households:

FamilyName failed executing FindHome

FindHome:
Couldn't find house to move FamilyName into!

This is on Sunset Valley without any mods other than awesomemod.

For reference, here is an older version with a working story progression, for the same patch level (upload time: 2016/03/17 02:47, might not be accurate due to timezone differences): LINK
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: 2016 December 11, 02:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is partially my fault. Awesomemod kept moving my robots out from the family they were assigned to. As a temp workaround, put robot rechargers in any houses you want to be available for a pool of housing.

Veranna
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: 2016 December 11, 07:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks shiggy and witch; this explains the errors I've been getting with Awesome story progression on.
The only mods I use in the game is Awesome and NRAAS ErrorTrap.

Basically
    <sim> failed executing FindHome
    <sim> failed executing Split
This has been going on for at least a month, but I've been away from the game since summer.

I'm on patch 1.67.2.024001
It does not matter which world/game I play, as long as Awesome Story is running the errors happen all sim day long,

When NRAAS is turned on ErrorTrap running there seem to be more errors.  (attached one)

Keeping Awesome Story turned off, everything else seems to work ok, and EA story progression does its usual thing.
« Last Edit: 2016 December 11, 08:12:24 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: 2016 December 11, 08:11:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't actually see an error in that log. Keep in mind that if you're turning on the storydebug reports, "mission failed" is actually a normal condition and does not represent an error. Actions are not expected to always succeed. If a sim attempts to find a home or split, for instance, but there are no valid positions into which this can occur, the action fails, and the debug report indicates this. A common cause: Kids are unable to move out of their parents' house because they can't afford to buy any of your homes that suit them. If you were storydebugging real life, you'd see this "failure" message a lot. FindHome tends to fail if a sim wants to move out of his home because his home is inadequate for his needs...but upon checking the housing market, he can't afford any of them. This is normal and realistic. You may, of course, choose to examine this situation in your neighborhood and maybe install some low-income housing...or you could just say "fuck it", and let them live in their parents' basement. There's nothing wrong with simply ignoring the issue, and does not mean the mod is not functioning correctly to get these messages in your story debug scroll. You're not actually supposed to be looking at those messages, anyway.

Error trap is, obviously, not trapping these errors because they are not errors, they are functioning correctly to generate correct failure states. If you don't like seeing actions fail, turn off the storydebug scroll, because actions are supposed to be able to fail.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: 2016 December 11, 13:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mission is failing 100% of the time.

Elanorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: 2016 December 24, 14:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mission is failing 100% of the time.
I think it just doesn't report it if it's successful. However, I'd like some clarification on what exactly is considered a 'suitable home'. For example, I often see messages like 'Derp failed executing FindHome' where Derp is a 1-member household with $20k even though there are plenty of empty starter homes in the town.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: 2016 December 24, 21:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it just doesn't report it if it's successful.
Actually, the opposite should occur: On a failed result, there should have been a previous message indicating why the mission returned a failure state, of which the only two that should occur are "Couldn't find house to move FAMBLY into!" or "Moving FAMBLY into LOT". It should not be possible to get a "Failed executing" without a previous message. There is no logical condition that should not produce at least one of these previous messages prior to failing.

However, I'd like some clarification on what exactly is considered a 'suitable home'. For example, I often see messages like 'Derp failed executing FindHome' where Derp is a 1-member household with $20k even though there are plenty of empty starter homes in the town.
A home should be considered suitable if it has: At least one fridge, if there are organic meatbags, at least one bed per meatbag 6+, at least one crib per meatbag larva, and at least one robot charging station if there are robots.

GiLaNg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: 2016 December 28, 15:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey there. I just reinstalled my TS3 with Steam version, it is on version 1.67.2.024037. But AM shows warning Incompatible Core. I did not upgrade to 1.69 version at all and AM is the only mod currently on my folder. Wonder why?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: 2016 December 28, 23:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scroll up.

GiLaNg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: 2016 December 29, 13:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scroll up.

I'm sorry but I have been reading this thread and 3 pages behind and the core mismatch only happen when we update to 1.69, but in fact I am still in 1.67.  Undecided

EDIT:

Checked the internal assembly on AwesomeMod and TS3, AM expect SimIFace module version E4365BD8-6054-4CB5-8702-C69B1C102CE9, while that patch level provides 3D0E30C5-DBFE-42F3-BE98-52248E3D39B9. Does this difference only on version number, even when AM is targetted on patch level 1.67?
« Last Edit: 2016 December 29, 14:16:21 by GiLaNg » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: 2016 December 29, 17:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you read back far enough you would have read that AM does not support the steam version.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: 2016 December 30, 01:26:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Checked the internal assembly on AwesomeMod and TS3, AM expect SimIFace module version E4365BD8-6054-4CB5-8702-C69B1C102CE9, while that patch level provides 3D0E30C5-DBFE-42F3-BE98-52248E3D39B9. Does this difference only on version number, even when AM is targetted on patch level 1.67?
OKay, see, that information is useful. I can add that in with the next update, although it will functionally be equivalent to just pressing the "ignore error" button.

GiLaNg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: 2016 December 30, 14:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OKay, see, that information is useful. I can add that in with the next update, although it will functionally be equivalent to just pressing the "ignore error" button.

Wow thank you, man. I was actually wondering if they implement somewhat different interface in that assembly, although they are in the same patch level.

But I think it might be unlikely as they might only rebuild the whole application for the Steam version while keeping the managed core library codes intact. This might be the reason why Steam and boxed release have different version minor as they are built separately as there are minor difference with Steam's executable, such as implementing the overlay. And (I believe) they rebuilt the source entirely including the managed codes resulting the assembly has different module version. Undecided

It is just that AM warning gives me uneasy feeling that I was using an incorrect installation for the mod lol. Grin

Cheers,
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: 2017 July 02, 20:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is partially my fault. Awesomemod kept moving my robots out from the family they were assigned to. As a temp workaround, put robot rechargers in any houses you want to be available for a pool of housing.

Hi. I am having this problem and can't find the robot charger... I'm a bit worried it's only available through the Into the Future EP? Because I don't own that.

Any other work around if so?

INTP.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: