More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:28:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1474972 times)
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #1250 on: 2013 July 26, 20:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rubyelf, did you try doing a general resetsim* with just AM installed, and then a check to see if the problem persisted? If memory serves, removing AM causes the 'hood to reset when you load it, so that could be what is fixing the problem when you remove AM.

Just tried it, didn't make a difference. It's only when I use the phone and laptop, I can buy real estate still, I just can't use check real estate.
Just came here to report the same. I have two households in the current world, with one I can check real estate, with the other I cannot and the Sim that's using the phone resets.

Edit: Okay, I think I know the reason for this now. If there is one household in a world that already owns property no other household can access the "Check Real Estate" on the phone or computer. And it doesn't matter whether these housholds own property, too, or not. I tried both with landwoners and with households that didn't own any additional lots apart from their home. After I had the other household sell all their real estate my current household could access theirs via the phone again. I guess AwesomeMod does this to prevent multiple owners of the same lot, but something is broken because technically I should still be able to sell and buy other lots.

Edit2: After further testing it turns out that this happens only if another inactive household owns an Island Paradise resort. Selling that was enough to enable the Real Estate UI for all the other households again. It is still an AM issue, however, as this doesn't happen without AM installed.
« Last Edit: 2013 July 27, 08:56:04 by vorpal » Logged
Mukora
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: 2013 July 26, 22:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There seems to be an issue with using Supreme Commander to make a Sim level Tinkering. Every time I try to select it, the game tells me that there is no available workbench, despite the fact that I'm looking right at one.
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: 2013 July 27, 02:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims with Chosen and/or Track on Radar are unable to receive their extra traits from social group influence and degree.

Can you elaborate more on this? Apparently some of those traits are supposed to be invisible, so you may not see them. What causes those traits, and what happens if you acquire those traits while Chosen/Radar is not on?

This happens to me also. When a sim gets the extra trait from social influence or finishing a degree, the trait is supposed to be listed with de other traits. The extra traits are not invisible. But the new traits are not showing up on the chosen sims. This problem only occurs with the chosen sims, not the rest.

This still happens, by the way.  I just graduated a couple of sims, and didn't realize I had to unbless them first.  Fortunately, I save often, so I have a recent prior save to go back to.

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
Minakie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: 2013 July 27, 06:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try it on an adult sim rather than a teen?

I hadn't until today since I had no adults on my active household. I think Skadi is right, it doesn't work on kids and teenagers, cause it worked fine on the adults. I need to find another way to give my teenagers extra traits :/

edit: In order to disable the censor mosaic, the option on the tunning file need to be set to Enabled, right? 'Cause it was working fine until I decided to stream TS3 on twitch. I had to reactivate the mosaic so I created a file named aweconf-stream.package. It worked fine, but now I wanted to go back to not having the mosaic so I deleted the aweconf-stream.package and replaced it with the regular aweconf.package I had before, but the mosaic is still there.
« Last Edit: 2013 July 28, 09:08:33 by Minakie » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: 2013 July 27, 13:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't double-post.  Modify your last post if no one has posted since.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
applescruff
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: 2013 July 28, 00:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the latest patch and AM update I cannot disable Story Progression. I'm not sure if this is an AM problem or if it's EAxian.  (I have been using AM very happily with no problems for a long time so I feel like this is an EAxian thing, but the moderators of another TS3 forum directed me here, insisting that it must be an AM bug because "If [AM] is installed and working properly, it hijacks the story progression code.")

My game is patched and I have the current version of AM.  My AM seems to be installed correctly because I get all the proper pop-ups when I do the "showconfig" thing.  I have the Story Progression checkbox unchecked in the Game Options but I am getting new random Sims spawning into my empty houses, which I do not want.  I have tried playing with AM Story Mode enabled and disabled in the config, either way I can't disable SP.  I have Ambitions, Pets and Supernatural if that makes any difference. 

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: 2013 July 28, 03:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AM makes no difference in whether you can tick or untick the story progression option in your game config - whomever you were talking to needs to pull their heads out of their arses.

I can think of no mod that removes functionality from that game option button. Start looking at your actual game program being the problem - or you.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: 2013 July 28, 05:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the latest patch and AM update I cannot disable Story Progression. I'm not sure if this is an AM problem or if it's EAxian.  (I have been using AM very happily with no problems for a long time so I feel like this is an EAxian thing, but the moderators of another TS3 forum directed me here, insisting that it must be an AM bug because "If [AM] is installed and working properly, it hijacks the story progression code.")

My game is patched and I have the current version of AM.  My AM seems to be installed correctly because I get all the proper pop-ups when I do the "showconfig" thing.  I have the Story Progression checkbox unchecked in the Game Options but I am getting new random Sims spawning into my empty houses, which I do not want.  I have tried playing with AM Story Mode enabled and disabled in the config, either way I can't disable SP.  I have Ambitions, Pets and Supernatural if that makes any difference. 

If SP is set to off in the game's options then it's off, regardless of how AM is configured. Are you sure those aren't necessary NPCs that will spawn whether or not SP is off or not?

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
applescruff
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: 2013 July 28, 22:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If SP is set to off in the game's options then it's off, regardless of how AM is configured. Are you sure those aren't necessary NPCs that will spawn whether or not SP is off or not?
Nope, they're not NPCs, they are new households moving into my empty homes. 

AM makes no difference in whether you can tick or untick the story progression option in your game config - whomever you were talking to needs to pull their heads out of their arses.

I can think of no mod that removes functionality from that game option button. Start looking at your actual game program being the problem - or you.
That's kind of what I figured.   Technically I don't need to start looking at my game or me being the problem, because I already suspected that.  But at least this gives me something more concrete to take back to the other forum and say no, this is not an AM issue.  Now I just need to figure out what the hell is actually wrong with it or what I did to it.   Undecided  Thanks!
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: 2013 July 29, 05:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, they're not NPCs, they are new households moving into my empty homes. 

Right, but are they co-workers/employees? Sims that have to exist in order for the world to function? Even NPCs have to live somewhere.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: 2013 August 01, 06:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rubyelf, did you try doing a general resetsim* with just AM installed, and then a check to see if the problem persisted? If memory serves, removing AM causes the 'hood to reset when you load it, so that could be what is fixing the problem when you remove AM.

Just tried it, didn't make a difference. It's only when I use the phone and laptop, I can buy real estate still, I just can't use check real estate.
Just came here to report the same. I have two households in the current world, with one I can check real estate, with the other I cannot and the Sim that's using the phone resets.

Edit: Okay, I think I know the reason for this now. If there is one household in a world that already owns property no other household can access the "Check Real Estate" on the phone or computer. And it doesn't matter whether these housholds own property, too, or not. I tried both with landwoners and with households that didn't own any additional lots apart from their home. After I had the other household sell all their real estate my current household could access theirs via the phone again. I guess AwesomeMod does this to prevent multiple owners of the same lot, but something is broken because technically I should still be able to sell and buy other lots.

Edit2: After further testing it turns out that this happens only if another inactive household owns an Island Paradise resort. Selling that was enough to enable the Real Estate UI for all the other households again. It is still an AM issue, however, as this doesn't happen without AM installed.

Tested this and you are right, kind of annoying though!

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: 2013 August 01, 06:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tested this and you are right, kind of annoying though!
When I run the Check Real Estate with twallan's ErrorTrap added my active household will actually be hard-reset and I get a script error. I tried several times and the result is reproducible, my active Sim and some random townie get reset. I uploaded 3 of these error logs, one of them also mentions an error with Awesome Motivator.
« Last Edit: 2013 August 01, 11:07:41 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: 2013 August 01, 11:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Real estate related dysfunctions should be fixed now.
« Last Edit: 2013 August 01, 11:20:00 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: 2013 August 02, 15:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Real estate related dysfunctions should be fixed now.
Yes, fixed.
Minakie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: 2013 August 03, 12:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

edit: In order to disable the censor mosaic, the option on the tunning file need to be set to Enabled, right? 'Cause it was working fine until I decided to stream TS3 on twitch. I had to reactivate the mosaic so I created a file named aweconf-stream.package. It worked fine, but now I wanted to go back to not having the mosaic so I deleted the aweconf-stream.package and replaced it with the regular aweconf.package I had before, but the mosaic is still there.

Still having this issue, dunno if installing Nraas Decensor could help me fix it :/
« Last Edit: 2013 August 03, 12:33:50 by Minakie » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: 2013 August 03, 14:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod's censor covers nudity only. If a sim is being censored because he is naked, AwesomeMod will suppress this behavior. If a sim is being censored for OTHER reasons, such as the fact that Sims can't remove their pants, or the Cops Effect, then the censor blur is still in the game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Minakie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: 2013 August 03, 14:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod's censor covers nudity only. If a sim is being censored because he is naked, AwesomeMod will suppress this behavior. If a sim is being censored for OTHER reasons, such as the fact that Sims can't remove their pants, or the Cops Effect, then the censor blur is still in the game.

Yeah, but the mosaic is still there, even when they pee or shower, and I don't know why.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: 2013 August 03, 21:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What Pescado said to you is that his mosaic will always be there when they pee. The fact that it is also there when they shower is, however, relevant.

I cannot help you with why it has ceased functioning. I use velocitygrass from MTS because it's not that I want to see what is going on behind the mosaic - I just hate great big blurry blobs.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
ThatGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: 2013 August 04, 21:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok possible bug. In my config I have it set up to where it is build/buy on current lot always. And when I was testing out the new 1.55 version with my config file set that way it made it to where I could not build/buy at all on houseboats. I didn't notice a problem on regular lots just houseboats. I did try moving the camera all around on the houseboat and even down to the basement and zoomed in, all with the same result the build/buy was totally disabled. No other issues found as of yet. But thought I would let you know about this one. Once I edited by config file turning off that feature I didn't have a problem with build/buy mode.

I also am having this issue. I have turned the build/buy on current lot off. House boats seem to be the only problem with build/buy mode. When I take AM out it works, put it back in, it doesnt work.
Aventurine
Dimwitted Dunce

Aun Aprendo...

View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: 2013 August 05, 00:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am able to use the Build/Buy function on Houseboats with AM installed just fine. Are you making sure to edit the Houseboat Lot by clicking on the Build/Buy icon in the menu with testingcheatsenabled? (This will activate the Build/Buy function as it is greyed out by default).  You will need to do this so that you can edit a houseboat lot and make any changes you want to the existing structure. There are several tutorials on the official Sims3 site as well as Carl's Sims3 Guide.

"Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot"
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: 2013 August 05, 00:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can build on houseboats just fine.  I just had to disable the alwaysbuildbuyhere option.  With this enabled, selecting build or buy would default to the dock, turning that option off it defaults to the houseboat which is the home lot.  Also, if you are trying to edit a houseboat in the new isla paradisio (or whatever) hood, then you may need to unlock the lot to allow editing as I believe EAxis locked them all to prevent editing.

On another note, is anyone else having problems with auto grouping?  I have enabled the option to prevent the auto grouping, but whenever my sim calls someone and invites them over, they either auto group, or auto date, very annoying.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: 2013 August 06, 11:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There might be one of the cases of auto-grouping I missed: Is a Subway involved in this situation in any way? I did a grep and searched for anything that might form a group that wasn't stomped, and only found that one case, and am not sure what uses it.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: 2013 August 07, 03:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The invited sim did use a subway to get from their location my sims house.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Louisb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: 2013 August 08, 18:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have enabled TS2-style aging in AwesomeConfig, but some of the sims outside of the active household are aging according to unmodded TS3 behavior - i.e. they are getting older and dying of old age.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: 2013 August 09, 00:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The invited sim did use a subway to get from their location my sims house.
Noted. Will squish.

I have enabled TS2-style aging in AwesomeConfig, but some of the sims outside of the active household are aging according to unmodded TS3 behavior - i.e. they are getting older and dying of old age.
Define "some". Not "all"? What properties do these "some" have?

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: