More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:41:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1474881 times)
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #1150 on: 2013 March 22, 10:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trying to download the awesome. No matter where I download it from (awesome/base/text/actual thread) the file is always the out of date january one. Awesome.zip is supposedly 13/3/13 but is actually 22/1/13 in all locations. What gives?

ETA that it appears that mirror two on the thread is pointing to the January version. Mirror one seems to be current. None of the index of versions appear to be current.
« Last Edit: 2013 March 22, 11:08:09 by floopyboo » Logged

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: 2013 March 22, 13:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trying to use awesomemod in a custom world.
Having the same issue, and also in a custom world. Maybe that's what's up.

I thought that for a moment, but I don't think it's the sole reason.  I've made 3 custom worlds, and this is the first one it's happened on.  It's also the first one to have this many sims, but i have the population cap disabled in my awesome config, so unless that's broken it shouldn't matter.

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: 2013 March 22, 21:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Population spawners are all toggled off except for pets and celebrities.
AM doesn't take note of those settings anyway. I asked.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: 2013 March 23, 04:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only reason you should get that particular error is if you have some sort of corrupt career data in your game. I can't think why this would occur offhand. Since this is an EAxian call that accepts no arguments, it should never break unless your game is damaged in some way...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: 2013 March 24, 12:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I went through and did a mass purge of everyone's career data, and the errors stopped.  Now it's just a matter of going back and narrowing down which sim is causing it.  Thanks! Cheesy

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: 2013 March 26, 11:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In two different games I had some inactives end up with the Pedophile trait (with Pedophila disabled in the config). My only guess now is that this must have happened during a full moon. One Sim had the Supernatural Fan trait, the other the Insane trait - both are likely to embrace other Sims spontaneously, and some of these embraces are considered romantic. The insane Sim could have embraced her teenage daughter, the Supernatural Sim was friends with some teenagers in town and could have done the same. There were no Sims with the Pedobait trait afterwards, however.
Is it possible to stop this trait from being applied in that case?
Milch
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: 2013 March 26, 12:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A FSE that occurred constantly until I did a reset of the world.

After reset I noticed that the sims in the kissing booths at the festival lot (in spring) have vanished from there, maybe this is linked to the FSE.

Luzeryn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: 2013 March 27, 22:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I'm not sure if this is a bug. I'm playing with the "Scale Skill Difficulty to Age Span"  (Age Span set at 270 days) and the Handiness skill seems to grow at normal speed while fixing objects (like the shower or the toilet). Fixing one of those raised up an entire level of the skill (at lower levels). The other skills seem much slower in comparison.

On a side note, is there a list of changes to the story progression of the mod? I've read the RTFM but there's not a description of what it actually change the story progression (things like emigration, immigration...).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: 2013 March 28, 13:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In two different games I had some inactives end up with the Pedophile trait (with Pedophila disabled in the config). My only guess now is that this must have happened during a full moon. One Sim had the Supernatural Fan trait, the other the Insane trait - both are likely to embrace other Sims spontaneously, and some of these embraces are considered romantic. The insane Sim could have embraced her teenage daughter, the Supernatural Sim was friends with some teenagers in town and could have done the same. There were no Sims with the Pedobait trait afterwards, however.
Examining the action tables for this reveals that this isn't supposed to be possible at all: The "Lunatic Embrace" action excludes 12s as both actors and victims, and is limited to YAE only. Therefore, the situation you describe cannot occur.

A FSE that occurred constantly until I did a reset of the world.
Fixed. Was caused by a peculiar edge case of a sim trying to skill Mixology, but with no valid objects deployed in the entire world.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: 2013 March 28, 17:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Examining the action tables for this reveals that this isn't supposed to be possible at all: The "Lunatic Embrace" action excludes 12s as both actors and victims, and is limited to YAE only. Therefore, the situation you describe cannot occur.
So, what could cause this then? StoryProgression was off in both cases, Pedophilia is off by default and when user-directed none of these two has any interaction available that is marked with the handcuffs. But they became pedophiles nevertheless. If, by any chance, a teen could have initiated something they should have got the Pedobait as a consequence, shouldn't they? But there were no Sims with that trait.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: 2013 April 01, 18:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New thing: whenever I load a fresh university world, AwesomeMod deletes some 60 Sims from the homeless pool, leaving only some dozen homeless alive. Is this intended or a bug. It does create some problems at least, as these are deleted before the roles are fully assigned and in one case I ended up with the barista bar tender as my Sim's professor.
I checked with MasterController and these deleted Sims ended up as compressed MiniSims.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: 2013 April 02, 01:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, what could cause this then? StoryProgression was off in both cases, Pedophilia is off by default and when user-directed none of these two has any interaction available that is marked with the handcuffs. But they became pedophiles nevertheless. If, by any chance, a teen could have initiated something they should have got the Pedobait as a consequence, shouldn't they? But there were no Sims with that trait.
Usually, this is caused by smartasses attempting to evade the rules by use of third-party modifications to try to bypass the handcuffs. This is why they also don't confess and waste my time with frivolous reports. Did YOU do something like that? SPEAK! CONFESS YOUR CRIMES!

New thing: whenever I load a fresh university world, AwesomeMod deletes some 60 Sims from the homeless pool, leaving only some dozen homeless alive. Is this intended or a bug. It does create some problems at least, as these are deleted before the roles are fully assigned and in one case I ended up with the barista bar tender as my Sim's professor.
I checked with MasterController and these deleted Sims ended up as compressed MiniSims.
AwesomeMod contains no functionality that will delete sims without your specific request. This therefore cannot happen unless you are mass-deleting sims using one of the destroy/rapture/erase commands. So...stop doing that?

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: 2013 April 02, 06:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually, this is caused by smartasses attempting to evade the rules by use of third-party modifications to try to bypass the handcuffs. This is why they also don't confess and waste my time with frivolous reports. Did YOU do something like that? SPEAK! CONFESS YOUR CRIMES!
No crimes to confess. I did try one of those ominous third-party modidfications now but even there pedohilia is not enabled and user-directed YA-12 romance is not possible. So, whatever.

AwesomeMod contains no functionality that will delete sims without your specific request. This therefore cannot happen unless you are mass-deleting sims using one of the destroy/rapture/erase commands. So...stop doing that?
I loaded several games with only Awesome and upon arrival in the Uni world most homeless were already deleted. I loaded several games without Awesome and upon arrival all of the homeless were still alive. I wouldn't report this here if I ran any destroy commands myself. So there is nothing I can stop doing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:
I tried again:
(1) Loaded a fresh vanilla game with a fresh user folder in Sunset Valley, only mod was noCD. Had the Sim take the test and then saved.
(2) Reloaded and sent the Sim to university. On arrival used testingcheats and "Make me know everyone". Result 164 Sims. Saved.
(3) Reloaded that save with AM and config added. Ran "listhomeless". Result: 8 households with 7 members, 1 with 5 members, 1 with 3 members, 2 with 1 members, 1 with 18 members (Service household perhaps). 84 homeless bums.
(4) Reloaded first save with AM and config. Sent Sim to university. On arrival ran "listhomeless". Result: 1 household with 7 members, 1 with 6 members, 1 with 3 members, 1 with 1 members, 1 with 21 members. 38 homeless bums.
Most of those 7-members households were deleted. Afaik these are the co-students and potential professors. The 1-members households were freshly spawned, were named and with §20,000 each in household funds. The others are unnamed and have §200.
(5) Reloaded first save with AM and without the config. Sent Sim to university. On arrival ran "listhomeless". Result: 2 households with 7 members, 1 with 3, 3 with 1, and 1 with 23. 41 homeless bums. Again most of the 7-members households were gone.
"Make Me Know Everyone" went down from 164 to 109.

step (3) suggests that this happens during the transition from homeworld to uni world, as the population remains unchanged when I load a non-Awesome game with AM added.

----------------------
Edit 2: I also found this script error while poking around my user folders. It's unrelated to the issue above, but mentions Awesome Motivator.

* ScriptError.zip (1.5 KB - downloaded 293 times.)
« Last Edit: 2013 April 02, 09:28:17 by vorpal » Logged
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: 2013 April 03, 01:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a thought - would one of the ones that changes and interaction to being 'friendly' be the possible cause. There's a lot of those mods out there.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: 2013 April 04, 10:45:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims with Chosen and/or Track on Radar are unable to receive their extra traits from social group influence and degree.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: 2013 April 04, 12:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you elaborate more on this? Apparently some of those traits are supposed to be invisible, so you may not see them. What causes those traits, and what happens if you acquire those traits while Chosen/Radar is not on?

paigerose
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: 2013 April 05, 03:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may not be a bug, as such, I haven't cleared caches or anything - about to try it now & will report on progress - but I just had this FSE pop up and am merely wondering what would cause it http://i47.tinypic.com/4n5mt.png

EDIT - Okay, cleared caches and restarted..and now I have an unplayable save file. Help?
(I've a backup I can use in the meantime, but I'm guessing I can't really restore this one...)
(scratch that, that's me thinking dotted outlines automatically equal unplayable)

EDIT (2) - I was able to play with my family for a while, probably about 18 sim hours, and the same error happened. This is after clearing my caches, etc etc. I am unable to test it with a completely vanilla game + AM, because I cannot rename the folder to make a backup of it, Windows keeps saying that it is in use by another program, however TS3 isn't running, nor is the launcher - processes in task manager also do not bring up anything blatantly EA or TS3. :/
« Last Edit: 2013 April 05, 06:18:31 by paigerose » Logged
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1167 on: 2013 April 16, 10:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paige, reboot your computer. Sometimes windows (particularly windows 7) will "forget" to turn off a program completely. Rebooting helps. This way you can do the rename without any issues (presuming you have admin permissions if required)

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: 2013 April 26, 12:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would appear that AM is preventing Sims from relaxing in igloos.
I've finally played a save long enough for it to be Winter and now that there is snow on the ground I got my Sims to build an igloo. They can nap, sleep and woohoo without issues but trying to get them to relax results in a jump reset.
With AM removed the issue goes away and my Sims can relax fine. To make sure it wasn't a case of a conflict, I ran the save with JUST AM and the error came back.
I'm patched up to 1.50 with all packs, minus the Katy Perry crap, and my copy of AM was downloaded two days ago.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: 2013 May 03, 01:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is very strange, considering that nothing has been touched regarding igloos or relaxing. Does running with debug mode get any kind of Fragrant System Error report?

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: 2013 May 03, 14:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SC does not appear to be monitoring the vampire thirst motive properly.  If I use the "Eat" command, it functions as expected, but SC will not trigger the command on its own.

So this is still a thing...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: 2013 May 04, 07:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SC does not appear to be monitoring the vampire thirst motive properly.  If I use the "Eat" command, it functions as expected, but SC will not trigger the command on its own.

So this is still a thing...
Investigated further. Fix should be out shortly.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: 2013 May 05, 19:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Running with Debug mode on, the game did indeed throw up a FSE when I attempted to get my Sim to relax in an igloo. This was with a freshly built igloo on a new lot but with the same Sim as when I initially reported the issue.
Here's a screenshot for you;
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: 2013 May 09, 16:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Issue should be fixed now.

Heidiss
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: 2013 May 16, 14:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims with Chosen and/or Track on Radar are unable to receive their extra traits from social group influence and degree.

Can you elaborate more on this? Apparently some of those traits are supposed to be invisible, so you may not see them. What causes those traits, and what happens if you acquire those traits while Chosen/Radar is not on?

This happens to me also. When a sim gets the extra trait from social influence or finishing a degree, the trait is supposed to be listed with de other traits. The extra traits are not invisible. But the new traits are not showing up on the chosen sims. This problem only occurs with the chosen sims, not the rest.

I have also experienced another weird problem. After finishing the university degree, the sims are supposed to travel back home, but somehow they get stuck in the university world, with no where to live, and nothing to do. They just walk the streets. No car is picking them up and taking them home. If I try "resetsim *" they just disappear, and Im still stuck in university world. I have tried to go to edit town and go back to the neighbourhood but my sim is not there either, and I can't change household because of the moving. This happens 50% of the time, and its really annoying to have to start all over again. Has anyone experienced the same problem? What to do? Smiley

I have the lastest version of Awesomemod installed.

(Btw, thanks for making AwesomeMod, the game is nothing without it!)

Heidi Smiley
« Last Edit: 2013 May 16, 15:11:10 by Heidiss » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: