More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:42:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475074 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #1050 on: 2013 February 03, 05:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Working as intended. Compendium added to more compendium does not count the value of the compendium for compoundment, because otherwise, it takes only about 100 transformations to blow out int64, and math issues will start appearing well before then when you blow out int32. Therefore, ONLY the value of the non-compendium/supernovium metals are increased. Otherwise you've got a huge unlimited money exploit to the point where it will physically bork the game, and only the idiots at EAxis who failed math couldn't see that.

Creating a single item worth several quadrillion is BAD JUJU.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: 2013 February 03, 22:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have latest AM, latest patch.  I searched and the most recent report of this problem is 2010.  I have a brand new game.  AM is the only mod.  Most EPs and SPs.  New sim, law enforcement career, whenever I select "Get to know partner" from her work menu, I'm notified that she needs to meet one first.  It looks like this used to be an issue that was nerfed a long time ago, so I probably missed something simple.

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
youarehome
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: 2013 February 04, 07:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DEBUG Trigger Alien Abuduction doesn't work. The game freezes for 2 seconds and then goes back to normal with no alien ship or aliens
« Last Edit: 2013 February 04, 07:56:06 by youarehome » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: 2013 February 04, 11:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have latest AM, latest patch.  I searched and the most recent report of this problem is 2010.  I have a brand new game.  AM is the only mod.  Most EPs and SPs.  New sim, law enforcement career, whenever I select "Get to know partner" from her work menu, I'm notified that she needs to meet one first.  It looks like this used to be an issue that was nerfed a long time ago, so I probably missed something simple.
One should have spawned if you attempted to do so. If it continues, attach save. Where have you been, anyway?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: 2013 February 04, 12:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here and there.  I had only a craptop unable to play Sims, so I was dead for a while.  Now I am reanimated with a pretty nice rig and I can play again!

Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: 2013 February 04, 23:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DEBUG Trigger Alien Abuduction doesn't work. The game freezes for 2 seconds and then goes back to normal with no alien ship or aliens

I noticed that one of my alien visitors arrived for a visitation in a UFO and left in a Sloppy Jalopy.  Checked just now and my aliens appear to have lost their UFOs again.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: 2013 February 05, 02:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using the latest AM on a game patched to 1.48 (all SPs & EPs installed except WA, LN, Fast Lane, Katy Perry & Supernatural) and an aweconf.package file generated by the "config for dummies" tool. I have the config set to use Awesome's story progression, but when I check in-game via the showconfig command, it says False next to UseAwesomeStoryDriver. I tried to set it to true manually via setconfig, but received no confirmation popup and the same False notation shows up when I run showconfig after attempting to do so. I also have Nraas' Story Progression installed but have it set to not use his story driver, since I only want his mod for the map tags feature, not the soap-opera-style stories. Kind of desperate to get AM's story mode up and running again since I just realized that no townies have gotten paired up or had kids in the time it's taken my legacy sim to pop out a couple of heirs...meaning there's only 2 other teenagers in town and no under-12s at all other than my sim's daughter. Pretty slim pickings for when they reach marrying age, unfortunately.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: 2013 February 05, 13:58:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Partner still not spawning.  I do have a couple other things (no intro, no build sparkles, sliders) but didn't change anything. Save fiiles appear too big to attach here.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: 2013 February 05, 21:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have Nraas' Story Progression installed but have it set to not use his story driver

Have you tried removing Nrass Story progression?  If I recall correctly, AM automatically turns off AM story Progression, if it detects Nrass Story Progression.

How many times have you tried it?  Last time I used the debug option, it took maybe 3-4 attempts before it worked.  Not sure what the issue was, whether it was missing ships, the time, or something else misbehaving.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
youarehome
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: 2013 February 06, 08:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried it again and I managed to get it to work twice in a row and then nothing the next sim day when I tried it again. To get it to work the first time, I had to wait till the appropriate time period and get my sim to wait outside. I think I also had to have meteorites somewhere around on in his inventory.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: 2013 February 06, 17:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your entire post makes me want to slap the taste right out of your mouth.

ETA:  Awwwww.   The snowflake baleeted it.  Now I has a sad.  Sad
« Last Edit: 2013 February 07, 16:21:10 by jezzer » Logged

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: 2013 February 06, 18:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update:  I removed AM to see if that was causing the issue of no partner, and still none spawned, so it's not AM.  Also, my firefighter met coworkers on his first day, but since then, the firehouse is ALWAYS empty.  No one else ever shows up there.  Is this expected behavior?

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: 2013 February 06, 19:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update:  I removed AM to see if that was causing the issue of no partner, and still none spawned, so it's not AM.  Also, my firefighter met coworkers on his first day, but since then, the firehouse is ALWAYS empty.  No one else ever shows up there.  Is this expected behavior?

Are you sure you have story progression on, within the game? It's got to be on in the first place for the AM story stuff to work, AM SP makes sims actually do things not just in pop ups.   

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: 2013 February 06, 20:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have Nraas' Story Progression installed but have it set to not use his story driver

Have you tried removing Nrass Story progression?  If I recall correctly, AM automatically turns off AM story Progression, if it detects Nrass Story Progression.

Ah, thanks that makes sense...though it would be nice to be able to enable the AM progression if the Nraas progression mod is installed but disabled, similar to how people used to switch between Indie Stone & AM in-game. I personally find the expanded map tags included with Twallan's SP Extras mod incredibly useful and am loath to give up that functionality. If I could find a standalone mod that provides expanded map tag functionality I'd use that instead, but there doesn't seem to be one out there.
« Last Edit: 2013 February 06, 21:51:29 by jennydee » Logged
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: 2013 February 06, 21:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure you have story progression on, within the game? It's got to be on in the first place for the AM story stuff to work, AM SP makes sims actually do things not just in pop ups.   

Ah, nope.  Story progression was turned off in the game, as I thought AM took over that function. 

Nalia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: 2013 February 07, 13:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you directly observe the aging? Does it happen with only specific ages, such as elders dying, or is it acting as if the setting is being ignored?

In my case it stopped working after patch 1.39.
Same here. It was that bloody patch that brought the plague in my game and messed with TS2 aging feature of AM.

Expansion and Stuff packs installed: WA, Late Night, Ambitions, High-End Loft stuff, Town Life Stuff, Generations, Seasons.
Mods installed:  AM and Twallan's: Error Trap, Master Controller, Overwatch, Woohooer, Portrait Panel.
Running the latest patch and all mods updated to their latest version.

Pescado,
It doesn't happen with specific ages, but rather as if the setting is not present at all. I run tests in freshly-created world and new Sims with the same results. The game notifies me of Sims' birthdays and also asks me to choose a trait, if said Sim lives in a household marked as "Sacred".
« Last Edit: 2013 February 18, 16:14:42 by Nalia » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: 2013 February 08, 20:11:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, nope.  Story progression was turned off in the game, as I thought AM took over that function. 

You need the in game story progression option enabled for AM story progression to work.  With story progression disabled might explain why the game isn't generating the extra sims for you.

youarehome
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: 2013 February 10, 08:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your entire post BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

What was that? Oh, must have been the wind.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: 2013 February 10, 13:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your entire post BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

What was that? Oh, must have been the wind.

Wasn't aimed at you, precious.  The person who posted after you deleted their post.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Nancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: 2013 February 16, 01:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Working as intended. Compendium added to more compendium does not count the value of the compendium for compoundment, because otherwise, it takes only about 100 transformations to blow out int64, and math issues will start appearing well before then when you blow out int32. Therefore, ONLY the value of the non-compendium/supernovium metals are increased. Otherwise you've got a huge unlimited money exploit to the point where it will physically bork the game, and only the idiots at EAxis who failed math couldn't see that.

Creating a single item worth several quadrillion is BAD JUJU.

I wonder if you could let this be OUR decision, in the configuration, as to how we want compendium to calculate, since clearly the game does use ALL the input ingots (compendium and supernovium no exception) to calculate the value of the output when you run with no mods at all.

I mean, I was having my sims spend forever transfiguring, now I have to decide when to stop being greedy and just sell the compendium already, before the bank breaks.   I have sold a 22 million compendium and have another 67 million one sitting around, and I don't think they are really going to break the math, I can always just start another piece....

Nancy
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: 2013 February 16, 05:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... it will physically bork the game, and only the idiots at EAxis who failed math couldn't see that.

I wonder if you could let this be OUR decision,

I 2nd this request - Pescado, make it a toggle so Nancy can break her game.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: 2013 February 16, 07:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still on 1.42, so not really qualified to reply...

There's where you should have stopped your sentence.
Maybe, but at least I can confirm now that playable ghosts still age with 1.48 and the 2013/01/23 04:52:25 version of AM.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: 2013 February 16, 15:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but I've noticed that FulfillWantsWithoutLocking also fulfils Lifetime Wishes.  It's particularily troublesome with "Living in the Lap of Luxury", "The Perfect Garden", "Presenting the Perfect Private Aquarium", "Bottomless Nectar Cellar" and those kinds of wishes where no effort is required if you just happen to be born into the right kind of family.  It seems a bit cheaty to me, I never let sims pick those lifetime wishes unless they can do them from scratch.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: 2013 February 16, 20:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... it will physically bork the game, and only the idiots at EAxis who failed math couldn't see that.
I wonder if you could let this be OUR decision,
I 2nd this request - Pescado, make it a toggle so Nancy can break her game.

The problem then is that Nancy will be posting and screaming everywhere how AM broke her game when it does implode, and want Pescado to fix it.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but I've noticed that FulfillWantsWithoutLocking also fulfils Lifetime Wishes.

Are you saying that the LTWs are being completed before they are being selected and locked?  Because so far, I have not seen that happen unless I actually select the LTW, at which time, if all conditions are met, they immediately fulfill the wish.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: 2013 February 16, 23:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, they are being fulfilled without being locked.  I just had a child complete something that must have been life of luxury when I wasn't looking.
She got the points for it, but the LTW slot stayed open.  I've selected a new LTW and am waiting to see what will happen when that's fulfilled.  If I remember correctly from last time it just changed the badge to completed without awarding any points.

Edit: Picking a new LTW made it show as completed within a few minutes, even though it isn't.  No extra points given.
She now appears to have completed "Master of the Arts", despite having a guitar skill of 3 and art of 5.
« Last Edit: 2013 February 16, 23:38:27 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: