More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:34:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1474903 times)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #975 on: 2012 November 19, 03:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In cas:
If I randomize a sim who is suparnatural (I mean anything but human) the game freezes and have to quit.
as a workaround I can randomize the sim as a human and then select the supernatural state but yeah

And of course we can all assume that you've tested this out without AM as well, right?

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Augustv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: 2012 November 19, 05:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing with Awesomemod for a couple years now.  Love it and have never had any serious issues.  I have Seasons installed and I'm patched all the way up.  AwesomeMod date 11/18/12.  While I was playing I noticed around 10 taxis pulling up and dropping people off on a lot.  I went over to see what was going on and the taxis were dropping off tourist sims from China.  They just kept arriving!  I counted around 60 before I closed the game down.  They were all just standing there facing the same direction starving to death lol.  Strangest thing I've ever seen on the sims.

I've also been having the issue of lots of sims dying from burning to death.

And new issue now...my sims won't sit down in the living room.  When they eat they stand or go outside and when they read they skip the livingroom and go to their beds.  I have tried many different couches and chairs in different areas in the room and have even started a new game and it's the same.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: 2012 November 19, 11:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also been having the issue of lots of sims dying from burning to death.
Do any of YOUR sims have this problem, or is it purely non-actives? And they ALWAYS burn, never freeze, right? I have made another tweak to see if what I think might be occurring is.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: 2012 November 19, 11:11:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Three out of six of my sims had the overheated moodlet, it was -9 deg. C and they had been outside at the winter festival. They had been playing the festival snowball fight, but the fourth sim did not get the moodlet. Dunno if there's a connection, probably not as other people are experiencing the overheating anywhere in the neighbourhood.

Edit: Sorry, my sims had the sweating profusely moodlet, not the overheating one.
« Last Edit: 2012 November 19, 18:37:49 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: 2012 November 19, 12:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having the issue with townies catching on fire as well. So far I have had 17 deaths. This was with the latest awesomemod on the DL page on the 18th. They are always the townie people who are standing idle somewhere in town, so far never NPCs and never my active sims.

They get an overheating moodlet even in the winter. Then they get a sweating profusely moodlet. Some of them I have been able to get my sim to put them out, other times the queue just keeps stopping for putting them out. My last sim died in 37 degree weather.

I gave one sim the immune to fire hidden trait and he still caught on fire. I intervened by making him selected and cancelling all of the moodlets because he was a future husband, but it was in the winter.

Right now I used mastercontroller and gave the whole neighborhood immune to heat lifetime happiness award.

And another bug I found, not with awesomemod, but with the game, the unselected sims do not stop playing horseshoes. Parties and dates pretty much suck because the sims won't stop playing unless I select them and stop them (which ends the date).
garavel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: 2012 November 19, 13:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In cas:
If I randomize a sim who is suparnatural (I mean anything but human) the game freezes and have to quit.
as a workaround I can randomize the sim as a human and then select the supernatural state but yeah

And of course we can all assume that you've tested this out without AM as well, right?
Yes, it doesn't happen without AM. I also tried AM with default configs but the bug occurred again.
However I was wrong about one thing, the bug doesn't happen with ghosts too. To sum it up:
The bug doesn't happen with both humans and ghosts. It happens with vampires, fairys and werewolves, I don't have showtime installed so I don't know about genies
Martine
Tasty Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #981 on: 2012 November 19, 19:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If disableclothingfilter is on, then the game will start with the Custom Clothing Filter on. This is a safety measure: If you don't turn it on, the game will pretty much lock up and die as it tries to load EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE all at once while you fumble for the category you want to reach.

I've enabled this option in the config, but it doesn't seem to be working, CAS immediately loads all content (running the latest Awesomemod from 18/11).

I like kitties.
thegrimreaper
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: 2012 November 20, 01:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine crashed at random times, I had to take it out because it was so unpredictable.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: 2012 November 20, 17:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Combustion issue seems to be fixed. Both the test save and my actual game had no human torches anymore during those last days of summer. I still have random sims feeling either hot or cold at the same time, but that seems to be EAxian and happens with or without AM.
Maranatah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #984 on: 2012 November 20, 19:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no more walking fireballs in my game either, which is a huge relief. Thanks JM! Although I second what Martine said above: disableClothingFilter is on but it doesn't work.

Edit:// I noticed another issue: even though Sims 2 style aging is enabled in the Config, a non-active sim died while I was playing with another household. He was an elder who had over a week to live when I played with his household. Day before a note about his death came, there was a pop-up about him going to die soon. I've never had this kind of issues before and I've used the Sims 2 aging since it became an option with AM. Now it looks like it doesn't work. (Using the 19/11 version of AM)
« Last Edit: 2012 November 20, 22:26:49 by Maranatah » Logged
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: 2012 November 22, 21:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As it is mentioned in the rtfm that AwesomeMod fixes it, I guess it belongs here: my Sim doesn't get any moodlets from some of the Late Night drinks, especially the ones with the flame thumbnail.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #986 on: 2012 November 23, 13:07:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest AM seems to be causing a vast increase in loading time for my save, to the point where I simply can't load it. I've tried several times, and after seeing the loading bar still at 1/3 after an hour I just give up. Took out AM and it loaded in about 5-10 minutes. Put it back in, and it's taking forever again.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: 2012 November 23, 18:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest AM seems to be causing a vast increase in loading time for my save, to the point where I simply can't load it. I've tried several times, and after seeing the loading bar still at 1/3 after an hour I just give up. Took out AM and it loaded in about 5-10 minutes. Put it back in, and it's taking forever again.

Loading bar that never completes is patch fail.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: 2012 November 23, 18:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I patched the day the patch was released, and my game has been working fine until updating to the 19th November AM, from whatever test one came before that (I haven't actually played the game in a few days, just updated the mod in the meantime). I did manage to get it load after leaving it a few hours, so it's literally just a vastly increased loading time.
Iolanthe
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: 2012 November 24, 15:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I patched the day the patch was released, and my game has been working fine until updating to the 19th November AM, from whatever test one came before that (I haven't actually played the game in a few days, just updated the mod in the meantime). I did manage to get it load after leaving it a few hours, so it's literally just a vastly increased loading time.

Have you checked for conflicts?
Syque
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: 2012 November 30, 02:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a pretty big problem with the in-game clock.  Basically, the game will "freeze" in that the game clock, sims, and cars stop moving and the game stops responding to mouse input. However, other animations continue as normal such as Z's over a sleeping sim, rain, or the plumbob rotating over a sim's head, as well as ambient sounds and music.  The clock, sims, etc will then suddenly progress again and any mouse input will get a response after a few seconds.  It'll then run for 5-10 sim minutes, and then the same thing happens again and again in a cycle. 

I saved while the game was acting this way and when I remove awesome mod and reboot, the problem disappears.  However, when I put the mod back in, the problem reappears.  Also, the game experiences these freezes at exactly the same sim time on each reload.

I have a few other mods installed but the same thing happened whether the other mods were present or not.  Also, if I load an older autosave, the game seems to be acting normally (I didn't play to the point in time where the problem starts occurring though).  I have all XPs and SPs installed except Showtime and KP, so I have the patch that came with seasons, and I'm using the 11/19/12 4:10 version of Awesomemod.

Here's a save file where you can observe this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1rmyp8bihlxr2oj/Sunset%20Valley%20-%20LN.sims3.zip
Thomas Harris
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: 2012 November 30, 06:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dropskill alchemy
Fail!  SkilllName alchemy not found!

I am afraid I do not know how to test this with AM removed.
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: 2012 December 01, 09:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had only one problem so far. Brand new installation, all patched up, latest AM and new town. TS3W.exe kept crashing when I went to any travel destination. Replacing it with a cracked TS3W.exe worked like a charm. Possible bug with nocd check or corrupted executable which seems unlikely.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: 2012 December 02, 06:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If disableclothingfilter is on, then the game will start with the Custom Clothing Filter on. This is a safety measure: If you don't turn it on, the game will pretty much lock up and die as it tries to load EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE all at once while you fumble for the category you want to reach.

I've enabled this option in the config, but it doesn't seem to be working, CAS immediately loads all content (running the latest Awesomemod from 18/11).

I am having the same troubles. I enabled this option, and I still have to wait for every single clothing item to load...

Also quick question... When you say "If disableClothingFilter is on, that the game will "Start" with the custom filter on". I was thinking,  disableClothingFilter isn't in the config, and something that has to be typed manually in-game...  So it doesn't last after the game is restarted right? Or did you mean something else, such as after disabling the clothing filter it will immediately turn the custom filter on at the same time?

Either way, whether using disableclothingfilter or turning the custom clothing filter on via config, I never once have seen only custom clothing display.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #994 on: 2012 December 09, 17:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does fixall or towderelicts remove UFOs from the inventory of uninstantiated aliens?
I'm asking this because I can't trigger an abduction scenario, no matter what I try. Even the debug command don't work.
I found out that none of the aliens in the world have a UFO in their inventory.
No UFO = no abduction
« Last Edit: 2012 December 09, 17:57:56 by Cyron » Logged

Greetings,
Cyron
Soltis
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
AM story driver failing to correct EA story driver
« Reply #995 on: 2012 December 09, 20:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As of two days ago, there was an issue with AM where cross-world opportunities were being blocked.

To be more specific, the adventure stage (opportunity) "The Diary of Sin Pah" calls for a sim to "Travel to France"; when the sim arrives, they're supposed to get a few visa points or whatever and a subsequent task to talk to the nectar merchant.

With the EA story driver (or AM) the "Travel to France" stage completes as expected, but the subsequent step fails to appear. If one attempts to forcibly add it (China->EP1_Quest_France1, if I'm not mistaken) with twallan's DebugEnabler, the message "Unable to fulfil requirements for EP1_Quest_France1" appears; trying to add various other China opportunities while in France simply does nothing -- no idea if that's relevant or not.

If one uses twallan's StoryProgression instead of AM or EA, it's possible to progress in the adventure and complete it normally.

Speaking of AM story brokenness, there seems to be a *serious* lack of consideration in AM code for sim traits and relationships; I had a "Good", "Proper" sim, married with an LTR of 100, who was flirting like crazy a while back; another time her spouse was flirting (or being flirted with) several other sims as well, while she was in the room, and, until the "rumour" got around, she didn't appear to notice -- she kept flirting with him in between him flirting with everyone else until that occurred.

While I can see a sim with low LTR or shitty traits (neurotic, diva, evil, etc.) engaging in rampant autonomous infidelity even while having a high LTR value with their spouse, the behaviour I observed is simply stupid -- and I hesitate to imagine what manner of exposure to dog-humping gutter sluts would cause someone to omit basic trait and relationship weighting and/or gating for actions leading to marital infidelity.

"Of course I had to pay my mother up-front for breast-feeding, but what the hell, I was in highschool at the time." --Simon Travaglia
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: 2012 December 09, 21:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does fixall or towderelicts remove UFOs from the inventory of uninstantiated aliens?
I'm asking this because I can't trigger an abduction scenario, no matter what I try. Even the debug command don't work.
I found out that none of the aliens in the world have a UFO in their inventory.
No UFO = no abduction

If this is so it would explain a great deal. I have a Sim who has almost maxed his logic via telescope use and not a sausage.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #997 on: 2012 December 09, 23:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How to find out whether your aliens own a UFO:
(I hope it's not against the rules to mention other mods)
1. You need Twallan's MasterController and MasterController Cheats
2. Click on a wall of any empty house
3. nraas -> Master Controller -> Add Sim -> Type of Sim -> Living
4. In the upcoming list find and select all aliens (there were never more than 3 in my worlds).
5. Have a look into their inventories.
« Last Edit: 2012 December 09, 23:43:57 by Cyron » Logged

Greetings,
Cyron
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: AM story driver failing to correct EA story driver
« Reply #998 on: 2012 December 09, 23:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And this needed its own separate thread instead of going into AM Bug Reports or AM Discussion because...?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: AM story driver failing to correct EA story driver
« Reply #999 on: 2012 December 10, 01:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And this needed its own separate thread instead of going into AM Bug Reports or AM Discussion because...?

It is Conspicuous Consumption Christmas and all the Snowflaeks are Speshul at this time of year.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: