More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 22:29:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1481411 times)
joolie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #850 on: 2012 September 06, 18:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see I have created a misunderstanding:

I am not asking where the test version is, but thank you for the hint.  I spotted the download link for the test version (I did not repost it because as jezzer pointed out, it's not widely publicly available for a reason).  I only posted the current link to the current AM download to reference from where I was getting my timestamp info.

I assumed that the expiration notice was telling me that the new, non-test version of AM was available for download.

If that is the incorrect assumption, my answer has been given and I will wait for the update to be posted in the non-test form.

ETA: Upon re-reading kissing_toast's post:  In the past, my version of AM has only expired when a new one has been released. From that, I supposed that AM actually phoned home enough to get the memo that a new version was available, not that AM was psychic.  It seems that is where I am failing, so I will go back to sitting quietly and waiting...and marveling at how coincidental it's been that AM always expires when EA puts out a major patch and AM is updated.  (Seriously, if that's coincidence, I really am marveling and not sarcastic.)
« Last Edit: 2012 September 06, 19:16:39 by joolie » Logged
vitaee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: 2012 September 07, 02:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

STEEL BLADDER NOT WORKING

I have a sim with the Steel Bladder lifetime reward.  I know AM reduces the effectiveness of this reward, but with the latest AM patch, it's having no effect at all.  Specifically, when floating the mouse over the need meter, a sim without Stell Bladder has their bladder need decaying at about -13 per hour.  With Steel Bladder, my other sim is also decaying at -13 per hour.  Reloaded a save without AM active, my sim with Steel Bladder has their bladder need perma locked at full, and my other sim's bladder is decaying at what seems normal (can't get exact number of course). 

Can't say for sure, but I think that before, when I had Steel Bladder without AM, there would be no decay.  But now, I get the little red arrow, indicating some decay, but the green bar is constantly filling.  I THINK I see the green bar twitching between nearly full and completely full.  Just speculation on my part, but it seems as if EA went from Steel Bladder setting bladder decay to 0, and now has Steel Bladder not affect the decay rate, but manually resetting the bladder to full every few seconds.  But then again, this last paragraph could just be me hallucinating.

But regardless, with all patches and latest AM, Steel Bladder is having no effect at all.
K_L_Carten
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: 2012 September 07, 11:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated with latest test awesome mod, and this version seemed to give me a large influx of zombies.  At all times of day and night all over the place, I had a zombie party at my sims house.  Some kind zombie brought a boom box so they could dance and it was like a flash back to the thriller days.  I wasn't that crazy about the thriller/M. Jackson thing in 83, and to see it on my sims lot gave me flashes of 8th grade dances where every boy in the grade thought they could dance like M. Jackson.  Which, until he won one of those music awards and spoke, no one really liked M. Jackson in the same way.  Anyway, before this test version, didn't have the hoards of zombies, which at first was kind of cute, but the moaning and not doing much in the way of game play is just plain annoying to me now.  Just wondering if anyone else is having the same thing, or am I just being a zombie hater.  No other mods are in my game, just fyi.  On the other hand all other commands are working that I had a problem with on the last version. 
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: 2012 September 07, 12:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the latest mod, and I noticed that I wasn't able to Bless my sims. I am able to bless other households entirely with the control-click, but not my playable fambly. Also, when I try the Bless <simname> command in the console, it doesn't recognize the command.
guayota
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: 2012 September 07, 12:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod: all neigbourhoods (brand new or saved) don't open, the loading screen freezes at +/- 99%. Tried several times with no other CC, after deleting caches. All packages, including Supernatural, installed. Tried the last test version, at least the last I was able to find.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: 2012 September 07, 17:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod: all neigbourhoods (brand new or saved) don't open, the loading screen freezes at +/- 99%. Tried several times with no other CC, after deleting caches. All packages, including Supernatural, installed. Tried the last test version, at least the last I was able to find.

Loading screen that never finishes is patch fail/mismatch.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
dragonheart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: 2012 September 07, 20:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Loading screen that never finishes is patch fail/mismatch.

I had a similar issue. With AM and my other mods (no other core,mind you), it would freeze on loading neighborhoods. With AM alone, it loaded just. With my other mods (some I find as awesome as AM, and wont live without), but no AM, it loaded just fine. I dont seem to have an other issues. I am using the same mods as before the latest patch/ep, and they played nice together before.

If this is a patch fail/mismatch issue, how does one fix that? (I know y'all aren't here to handhold noobs like me, but a point in the right direction would be appreciated.)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: 2012 September 07, 20:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Making sure your game is FULLY patched and that the version of AM you have reflects that.

dragonheart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: 2012 September 07, 20:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, I'm fully patched. Installed Supernatural, ran the launcher, installed any patches that came up... which I think was none. (Had to patch before it let me install Supernatural.) So, I'm pretty sure I'm good there. Then closed the launcher, and used basbas' AwesomeMod Updater to install the current test version, which it usually yells at me if the versions aren't the same.
Solidude
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: 2012 September 07, 20:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

STEEL BLADDER NOT WORKING

I have a sim with the Steel Bladder lifetime reward.  I know AM reduces the effectiveness of this reward, but with the latest AM patch, it's having no effect at all.  Specifically, when floating the mouse over the need meter, a sim without Stell Bladder has their bladder need decaying at about -13 per hour.  With Steel Bladder, my other sim is also decaying at -13 per hour.  Reloaded a save without AM active, my sim with Steel Bladder has their bladder need perma locked at full, and my other sim's bladder is decaying at what seems normal (can't get exact number of course).  

Can't say for sure, but I think that before, when I had Steel Bladder without AM, there would be no decay.  But now, I get the little red arrow, indicating some decay, but the green bar is constantly filling.  I THINK I see the green bar twitching between nearly full and completely full.  Just speculation on my part, but it seems as if EA went from Steel Bladder setting bladder decay to 0, and now has Steel Bladder not affect the decay rate, but manually resetting the bladder to full every few seconds.  But then again, this last paragraph could just be me hallucinating.

But regardless, with all patches and latest AM, Steel Bladder is having no effect at all.

I have noticed this same issue with Steel Bladder as well. I have motiveperkrebalance set to false for now.

Also, it appears that the "Walk here as..." interaction provided by the Dreamer's Costume Chest (dress/walk as astronaut, prince/ss, tyrannosaurus) from Generations is overridden by the "default" AM go-here style sprint. The separate menu option is still available when the child is in their respective costumes, but the walking animations are never processed. I have made long and short distance attempts as well has pausing immediately after the order is queued and selecting the "Walk" option instead of the default, but the child sim only sprints to their destination.

edit: Running all expansions, patched to 1.38, AM timestamp 9-5:0115
« Last Edit: 2012 September 08, 16:39:42 by Solidude » Logged
lonniequinn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: 2012 September 08, 05:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod expires because it's always being updated and has an expiration date, not because your AM from Aug. 3rd magically knows that a new AM is out.  There is a test version out that is compatible with 1.38 but if you can't find it then you shouldn't be using it. Wait till the official 1.38 AM is released.

Isn't it 56 days or something like that? I know there is a tag in the XML that states BuidLifeDays... I set it to 560 when I did not want to update from 1.33 until I received all of the other EPs (worthless ass Katy Perry + lame ass Diesel + disappointing Supernatural...)
guayota
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: 2012 September 08, 11:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, I'm fully patched. Installed Supernatural, ran the launcher, installed any patches that came up... which I think was none. (Had to patch before it let me install Supernatural.) So, I'm pretty sure I'm good there. Then closed the launcher, and used basbas' AwesomeMod Updater to install the current test version, which it usually yells at me if the versions aren't the same.

This is exactly my case. All patches, Supernatural installed, no other CC -outside EA store items, which are not exactly CC-, last TEST version installed through AWSmod updater. Neighbourhoods don't load fully, they freeze at 99%. That is, the loading circle continues to go round, the game tips continue to appear one after the other, but it can go on like this forever. At least, for over 30 minutes last time, until I get bored and stop TS3 running.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: 2012 September 08, 15:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- I can confirm that Steel Bladder has no effect whatsoever
- Unlocked wants don't get fulfilled although "FulfillWantsWithoutLocking" is set to true

Anything else seems to work fine so far.

Base Game + WA, AMB, NL, Pets and SN

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Loolitah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: 2012 September 08, 15:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

/\ Same here
I have all expansions + stuff pack installed and base game version is 1.38. The updater said it would install a test version, I'm not sure if the AM version is still the test one but I've got latest version AM could get.
MegAnne
Knuckleheaded Knob

ENTP - Provider of graveside services

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: 2012 September 08, 22:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated with latest test awesome mod, and this version seemed to give me a large influx of zombies.  At all times of day and night all over the place, I had a zombie party at my sims house.  Some kind zombie brought a boom box so they could dance and it was like a flash back to the thriller days.  I wasn't that crazy about the thriller/M. Jackson thing in 83, and to see it on my sims lot gave me flashes of 8th grade dances where every boy in the grade thought they could dance like M. Jackson.  Which, until he won one of those music awards and spoke, no one really liked M. Jackson in the same way.  Anyway, before this test version, didn't have the hoards of zombies, which at first was kind of cute, but the moaning and not doing much in the way of game play is just plain annoying to me now.  Just wondering if anyone else is having the same thing, or am I just being a zombie hater.  No other mods are in my game, just fyi.  On the other hand all other commands are working that I had a problem with on the last version. 
I'm having the same issue on the partition where I installed the vanilla (and legit) game, no AwesomeMod, no mods, no CC. The problem seems to be one of the usual glitches by EA.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: 2012 September 09, 00:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't it 56 days or something like that? I know there is a tag in the XML that states BuidLifeDays... I set it to 560 when I did not want to update from 1.33 until I received all of the other EPs (worthless ass Katy Perry + lame ass Diesel + disappointing Supernatural...)
Didn't you read the directions? THAT FILE SHARP EDGES. DO NOT TOUCH THE EDGES OF THAT FILE.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
youarehome
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: 2012 September 09, 02:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't interact with other sims when one is active and click on the other. Nothing comes up
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: 2012 September 09, 03:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated with latest test awesome mod, and this version seemed to give me a large influx of zombies.  At all times of day and night all over the place, I had a zombie party at my sims house.  Some kind zombie brought a boom box so they could dance and it was like a flash back to the thriller days. <snip>
I'm having the same issue on the partition where I installed the vanilla (and legit) game, no AwesomeMod, no mods, no CC. The problem seems to be one of the usual glitches by EA.
Nothing but store stuff here too, no AM yet. I had the same with the boombox happen, they all danced badly on my sims lawn. After nothing but the terrible influx of zombies, that scene was a briefly amusing diversion. EA is probably considering the ridiculous zombie swarming as a "feature".

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
akmpe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: 2012 September 09, 03:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can tell, CustomClothingFilterIsDefault is not working. I only saw it actually default to the filter on the accessories, I think.
Daghain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: 2012 September 09, 20:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting problem I can't seem to find a common denominator to. Random children sent to boarding school both a) don't go and b) can't go to regular school. You can still control them in-game, but they never go to school. At first I thought I was because I tried to send two on the same day, but on one occasion splitting them up and trying to do one one day and the other after the first one had left, I discovered it's one specific sim that won't go. Not sure what this is tied to but it's happened to me twice now.

Also, using newest AM and EA patches.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: 2012 September 09, 22:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I discovered it's one specific sim that won't go...

Did you try resetsim on that one?

Daghain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: 2012 September 09, 23:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. No. I'll give that a try.
LordNecrobot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: 2012 September 10, 19:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where is Link for AwesomeMod   1.38??     I just down loaded from the  "shiny" page and it is still the 1.36 version.!   Undecided
Jayroo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: 2012 September 10, 19:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where is Link for AwesomeMod   1.38??     I just down loaded from the  "shiny" page and it is still the 1.36 version.!   Undecided

AwesomeMod 1.38 is not ready for public release.  It may take quite a while longer for it to release because people continue to find bugs.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: 2012 September 10, 20:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to point out that apparently the mass zombie spawning during any time, day or night, is now a known bug and the EA team are supposedly working on another patch to fix it. According to info, it occurs if you save your game during a full moon. Don't save during a full moon and you should be okay. Or as okay as you can be with these zombies.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: