More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:59:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1474941 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #800 on: 2012 August 03, 04:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scientist
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: 2012 August 05, 07:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The NPC Motor Pool is still not working for teens.  The fix worked for young adult to elder.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: 2012 August 06, 01:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably not a bug. Those 12s have probably not learned to drive, and therefore, cannot drive their own vehicles even from the NPC motor pool.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nikkiforest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: 2012 August 06, 03:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I apologize if this is stupid or tight pants or whatever, but Twallan's ErrorTrap caught the attached script errors (2 are enclosed in the file) and he told me to send them over here for your review.
« Last Edit: 2012 August 06, 05:53:39 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

INF/TP
Scientist
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: 2012 August 06, 03:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably not a bug. Those 12s have probably not learned to drive, and therefore, cannot drive their own vehicles even from the NPC motor pool.

You are correct.  I added driving skill to a babysitter and invited it over.  It went home in a jalopy.  I remember seeing them driving in the past but that was before Generations added the driving skill.

On another issue, when HighFidelityPlantGrowth is enabled (for advancing inactive lots I assume), havestables in community garden remain static at 5:00 am.  I had to disable this to see any changes to my garden.

One curiosity question.   Did you change the chair finder protocol when Pets came out?  Before Pets, my sims would go to a random chair in the same room as the bookshelf in the library.  Now, they always go to the closest one.

Anyway, thanks for fixing the motor pool.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: 2012 August 06, 05:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I apologize if this is stupid or tight pants or whatever, but Twallan's ErrorTrap caught the attached script errors (2 are enclosed in the file) and he told me to send them over here for your review.
This is some manner of unusual EAxis Fail that gets propagated up because AwesomeMod replaced one of the core functions to fix a timer poll issue. There's really no clear explanation why that particular error happens since the code it happens is identical to the EAxis version, and presumably the EAxis version just kind of eats it and hides it from the user completely rather than catching or passing it along.

On another issue, when HighFidelityPlantGrowth is enabled (for advancing inactive lots I assume), havestables in community garden remain static at 5:00 am.  I had to disable this to see any changes to my garden.
The normal game uses very abbreviated rules for plant growth on inactive lots, basically completely ignoring the usual rules of plant growth that your own plants follow. Instead, a plant will just have a random chance of advancing one growth stage until they reach harvest stage, then will flip back and forth between harvest and full growth. High Fidelity Plant Growth removes this behavior: All plants will grow according to the same rules as home plants, so there will not always be a change every night. Non-active-lot plants, however, will still not require watering/weeding, as otherwise they'd all die because no sims are actually managing them.

cramble
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: 2012 August 09, 00:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a problem with AwesomeMod and build/buy mode. Whenever I enter build/buy, I get a circular loading icon. I can't switch out of the mode once I'm in it, the only way for me to exit is to force quit the game. I'm playing on Windows 7.

I have all expansion and stuff packs installed through Showtime. The last few nights I've been trying to troubleshoot but I've had no luck yet. I used the web tool to change the AwesomeMod config settings to get rid of anything that affects build/buy mode to no avail.

My game is updated through patch 1.34 as required for AwesomeMod.

Is there anything I'm missing? Thanks!!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: 2012 August 09, 01:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could not reproduce, I have no problems entering build/buy.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: 2012 August 09, 01:54:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is updated through patch 1.34 as required for AwesomeMod.

The latest patch is 1.36, so try patching.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Caelrona
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: 2012 August 09, 05:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After installing the Diesel SP and updating to the newest patch version, Awesomemod is no longer disabling the check for disc feature embedded in the game. Completely updated version of AM with a brand new config. Also, before you ask; yes, the option is ticked properly in the config file. I double checked that just to be sure.
Also, it isn't a case of tight pants. I moved all my mods to my desktop and tried with only Awesomemod and the config file in my mods directory (and the resource.cfg of course.) Still doesn't work.

I have legit installs of basegame and all EP/SP. Mine are all registered with Origin, and even the 'Launch from Origin' option won't allow me to launch sans-disc. My patch level is 1.36.45.017017
If it matters at all, I have all the arr'd store content, properly decrapped and installed via Launcher.

Have anyone else has any problems at all regarding the disc-check? I'm aware I could just put the disc in, or mount it on a digital drive but that seems quite the hassle when Awesomemod is supposed to disable the disc-check anyway.

ETA: Just had a brilliant flash and decided to check my resource.cfg, in case it might be the culprit (I had downloaded a fresh one, just to be on the safe side.) Turns out that it was useless; however I have since fixed my resource.cfg and I still cannot get the disc-check to stop. Just thought I'd heads up; it's not the resource.cfg file.
« Last Edit: 2012 August 09, 06:36:19 by Caelrona » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: 2012 August 11, 17:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Works fine for me, how are you trying to launch the game?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Caelrona
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: 2012 August 11, 18:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried them all, actually. From Launcher, from .exe, and I even did the insane and reinstalled origin to attempt to launch from it sans-disc.
If it's working for you and you're freshly patched then I probably just borked my game somehow. I already tried sans-cc, but I will try culling and see if that helps any.

I know someone a bit back mentioned the same thing, so we might have a related problem. I'll see if I can find the post and edit with the info.

ETA: I found it! Page 30, by RebelRed.
-snip- Also when I open the launcher and try to play it asks for my disc, which I of course don't have. -snip-
« Last Edit: 2012 August 11, 19:11:10 by Caelrona » Logged
blablamana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: 2012 August 14, 13:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to march in here, but i've been having a problem for the past few days and the problem is AM. Because when I remove it, the problem is solved.
The problem I'm having is with relationships. I have an engaged couple (through CAS) but they can't interact romantically. They turn each other down every time i try. While their bar is set at 100. So that shouldn't be a problem. The strangest thing is that last week I uninstalled the sims 3 and the expansions i had and re-installed them. Before re-installing(which i did for another cause) i had the same version of AM and i didn't have any issues. Now, i have exactly the same version of AM and the sims 3(expansions Generations, ambitions, pets, showtime.)(updated fully) and i'm having this issue. Also, neither of my other mods have changed, all the same. (all compatible with the current version) So i really don't understand what the problem is and i'm not nearly good enough with computers to figure out. So, if you could help me out, one way or the other, that would be very very appreciated. Also, I'm Dutch, so please forgive me for any serious grammar mistakes.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: 2012 August 14, 19:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problems here with romantic relations.  Do you have the latest version of AM? Have you tried removing all other mods and just leaving AM?  This sounds like a tight pants issue, rather than an AM issue.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: 2012 August 15, 03:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't say I've seen that problem before. Have you tried running the usual checks like "fixall" and whatnot? Are you sure you're not just pushing it too fast or while sims are in a cranky mood? The act of removing a mod can cause a reset that restores all motives, resulting in the appearance that removing a mod somehow "fixes" it.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: 2012 August 18, 17:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried them all, actually. From Launcher, from .exe, and I even did the insane and reinstalled origin to attempt to launch from it sans-disc.
If it's working for you and you're freshly patched then I probably just borked my game somehow. I already tried sans-cc, but I will try culling and see if that helps any.

I know someone a bit back mentioned the same thing, so we might have a related problem. I'll see if I can find the post and edit with the info.

ETA: I found it! Page 30, by RebelRed.
-snip- Also when I open the launcher and try to play it asks for my disc, which I of course don't have. -snip-

I can confirm that the feature is working as intended in my game. I cannot launch from the Launcher as it still asks for a disk but can launch the game with no issues direclty from the .exe, or in my case, a shortcut to the .exe.
blablamana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: 2012 August 19, 10:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't say I've seen that problem before. Have you tried running the usual checks like "fixall" and whatnot? Are you sure you're not just pushing it too fast or while sims are in a cranky mood? The act of removing a mod can cause a reset that restores all motives, resulting in the appearance that removing a mod somehow "fixes" it.

Ghehe, the fixall fixed it! Wink No their bars were full, no negative moodlets and 100% lovey-dovey.  But thanks, i totally forgot about the fixall!
Caelrona
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: 2012 August 26, 16:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm that the feature is working as intended in my game. I cannot launch from the Launcher as it still asks for a disk but can launch the game with no issues direclty from the .exe, or in my case, a shortcut to the .exe.
So far nothing I've done has stopped it. I tried running with only awesomemod, so I'm fairly convinced it's not tightpants but simply my install being a dick. It's been giving me attitude since I installed Diesel.
I also pared down my CC, just in case it was simply too clogged to work properly. It's amazing how much 5gigs of crap can clog up Sims.
I have a temporary "fix" by installing the nraas NoDisc mod in conjunction with awesomemod. I can now launch from .exe with no DiscCheck.
Oddly enough, the nraas NoDisc alone doesn't work either, so that is nifty. Tried that just for shits and giggles.
I'm hoping that once Supernatural comes out I can installed it, patch, and download a patch-compatible awesomemod and it'll go away and leave me be, but until then this seems to be working.
 Thanks for replying though, it's good to know it isn't affecting other gamers. Means the issue is somewhere in my game where I can fix it.

Edit: Got rid of extra quotes.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: 2012 August 26, 23:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you selected the no disc check option in the config file, do you set it to enable or disable?

Caelrona
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: 2012 September 02, 05:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you selected the no disc check option in the config file, do you set it to enable or disable?
It is set to enable.
I mentioned that it was ticked properly in the config file in my very first post.
Honestly that was one of the very first things I checked, just to be certain.
Sadly the answer to my problem isn't quite so simple.
Daghain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: 2012 September 03, 04:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I  have a weird one.

I've been playing this game for a few hours, and suddenly when I send my author to write at the computer it "pushes him off". On an outside wall, it shoves him outside; on an inside wall, it shoves him across the room.

I have never seen this before and don't know why it's happening now. Could be a bug in my game but I thought I'd throw it out there .
vitaee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: 2012 September 03, 05:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I  have a weird one.

I've been playing this game for a few hours, and suddenly when I send my author to write at the computer it "pushes him off". On an outside wall, it shoves him outside; on an inside wall, it shoves him across the room.

I have never seen this before and don't know why it's happening now. Could be a bug in my game but I thought I'd throw it out there .

Which patch version of the game are you using, and which version of AwesomeMod??  For AwesomeMod, please give the time date stamp of the awesome.package file
vitaee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Version 1.38 testing
« Reply #822 on: 2012 September 03, 05:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I managed to get the 1.38 test version of Awesome Mod, and things worked at first.  Sent my computer genius sim to hack on his computer at night (roughly 11pm).  As the game was approaching 7am, when hacking is no longer allowed, I had a CTD with no error message other that the generic Win7 one.  Not sure if this was because I had just told my sim to go potty or because the time hit 7am.

EDIT:
Tried again, and this time I did not crash at 7am, and was able to go potty.  But when I then tried to use the shower, I had a CTD.

BTW, I'm using the version of AwesomeMod with a time date stamp of  ‎September ‎01, ‎2012, ‏‎4:09:08 AM.

EDIT2:
Without AM, everything is hunky dory.
« Last Edit: 2012 September 03, 06:21:16 by vitaee » Logged
Daghain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: 2012 September 03, 13:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I  have a weird one.

Which patch version of the game are you using, and which version of AwesomeMod??  For AwesomeMod, please give the time date stamp of the awesome.package file

Ah, I am full of fail. I see there's a newer one out there. Going back to see if it fixes the problem.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Version 1.38 testing
« Reply #824 on: 2012 September 03, 14:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT:
Tried again, and this time I did not crash at 7am, and was able to go potty.  But when I then tried to use the shower, I had a CTD.

BTW, I'm using the version of AwesomeMod with a time date stamp of  ‎September ‎01, ‎2012, ‏‎4:09:08 AM.
I'll keep an eye out for this, but I can't reproduce it. See if you can zero in on the exact moment of crashing.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: