More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 21:19:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1481768 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #750 on: 2012 June 17, 05:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Debugging turns on without errors. Is there a set of commands to fiddle with the mailbox?
Debugging is supposed to turn on without errors. Try to mess with the mailbox now, see if anything happens.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #751 on: 2012 June 17, 22:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am playing the latest patch with sweet shit installed. My existing family were able to access the mailbox without issue. Debug mode in enabled by default in my config.

butters
Asinine Airhead

drop that sack

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: 2012 June 17, 23:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I'm about ready to kick this game in the balls. It's freezing and crashing all the time and it's been happening for a while so I can't seem to find out exactly what's causing it. I think it started happening shortly after installing showtime and updating from 1.29. I'm using a custom world, but I don't think that's the issue because I've always played in that neighborhood. I tried playing in Starlight Shores and I still got occasional freezes. I don't think it's due to any particular interaction because it's happened so many times and it doesn't matter what my sim is doing. I've been playing with the same mods I always have, they're updated for the latest patch and I know nothing conflicts with AM. I've tried playing w/ no mods except AM and it still happens. One thing I did notice is that when I turned AM's story progression off, it didn't crash. But I don't want to use EA's crappy story progression, I've always been using the awesome story driver. I do know that the patches that came after 1.29 have a tendency to cause crashing. The world I'm playing in is called Shearwater, created by simsample at sims cave. Is there a way Pescado can test out my game to see what exactly is causing it to crash all of a sudden? Do I upload the file in my "saves" folder? And I use "insert FTP link" to attach it, right?
« Last Edit: 2012 June 17, 23:44:42 by butters » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: 2012 June 18, 00:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, there's no way I can test your weird, mutant game for you.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #754 on: 2012 June 18, 01:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I'm about ready to kick this game in the balls. It's freezing and crashing all the time and it's been happening for a while so I can't seem to find out exactly what's causing it. I think it started happening shortly after installing showtime and updating from 1.29. I'm using a custom world, but I don't think that's the issue because I've always played in that neighborhood. I tried playing in Starlight Shores and I still got occasional freezes. I don't think it's due to any particular interaction because it's happened so many times and it doesn't matter what my sim is doing. I've been playing with the same mods I always have, they're updated for the latest patch and I know nothing conflicts with AM. I've tried playing w/ no mods except AM and it still happens. One thing I did notice is that when I turned AM's story progression off, it didn't crash. But I don't want to use EA's crappy story progression, I've always been using the awesome story driver. I do know that the patches that came after 1.29 have a tendency to cause crashing. The world I'm playing in is called Shearwater, created by simsample at sims cave. Is there a way Pescado can test out my game to see what exactly is causing it to crash all of a sudden? Do I upload the file in my "saves" folder? And I use "insert FTP link" to attach it, right?

Have you tested CC to see if that is the cause? (I don't mean mods)
Have you tried using Error Trap?
Have you tried a new copy of the world you use?
Have you tried fix all?
HAVE YOU ACTUALLY DONE ANYTHING OTHER THAN INSIST PESCADO FIX IT FOR YOU?

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: 2012 June 18, 01:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be that your PC just can't handle AM story progression, it does take a bit of grunt to run. You said you don't get crashes if you turn it off, so I suspect that's your problem right there.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ichosethisname
Tasty Tourist

Lazy as Hell

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: 2012 June 18, 01:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Debugging doesn't affect anything. But I'm quite certain this is an AM bug, as I've pulled all other CC and only with it does this occur. I'm on the latest patch, however I do not have WA or SHT. Nor any SPs.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #757 on: 2012 June 18, 02:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be that your PC just can't handle AM story progression, it does take a bit of grunt to run. You said you don't get crashes if you turn it off, so I suspect that's your problem right there.

Or he has been running the hood for AGES, and there are too many sims/borked sims that don't occur in a new hood. Most EA hoods are laggy from the get go, so it's not really a valid test.

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: 2012 June 18, 07:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, I've had the same since 1.33: random crashing as soon as AM story progression is turned on, on two different computers (Core2Duo 2.8 GHz, 4GB, Geforce 9600M GT vs. i7 3770 3.4 GHz, 8 GB, Geforce GTX 570), two different OSs (Vista vs Windows 7), with or without other mods, in various different worlds whether custom or EA made, in fresh saves and old ones. I turn SP off and I can play for days, I turn SP on and I crash within the first few hours and then on a regular basis for the whole play session. The crashes are either back to desktop or a total lockup of the whole computer.
I reset every Sim as soon as I get a notification that they are about to skill and the crashes stop. I replace AM SP with another SP module, and I don't crash either.
The only thing that both set-ups have in common is that AM is installed the "new" way in Documents along with everything else and that I play as user, not administrator, but with full access to TS3W and that I launch directly from TS3W.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #759 on: 2012 June 18, 08:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado has said he supports ye olde style mod files as it is the one he uses, as do I. Perhaps using Error Trap will let you know what is going wrong.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: 2012 June 18, 09:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HOW you install shouldn't make any difference whatsoever, once it works.

I reset every Sim as soon as I get a notification that they are about to skill and the crashes stop.
Will investigate issue. Is there any specific skilling you notice that triggers this? Do your own sims experience any skilling-related issues?

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: 2012 June 18, 16:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will investigate issue. Is there any specific skilling you notice that triggers this?
Hard to say. The last two Sims had to skill gardening or logic, respectively. My main impression, however, is that athletics is more likely than others. One guess was that it depends less on the skill itself than on the method of skilling. Attending classes in rabbitholes seems to be fine, sending Sims to the library, too. Maybe it happens when there's an object involved? Although my main impression is that it happens during the buff-up routine. I had a whole town on radar and before the crashes I had usually 2-3 Sims on a skilling mission that were still occupied with either sleeping, or cooking/eating using the bathroom or trait related activities like freak-out, gussy up or admire self.
This is a quote from a previous post I made:
One of my Sims happened to be on the lot of a Sim that received the OneShot Command and they were chatting. My Sim discovered a shared trait and received the "talk about shared traits" action, which cannot be cancelled, but the OneShot Sim was sent to bed. Gameplay became choppy while the other Sim went to sleep and when my Sim finally dropped the "talk about shared traits" command and I could order him to do something else, the game crashed.
And ErrorTrap is no help there. When the game crashes it's too late for ErrorTrap to catch anything. All I get are the crash logs and they invariably are interpreted by CrashLogAnalyzer as Save corruption. And apart from this all the games I have played since then are remarkably error log free.
Do your own sims experience any skilling-related issues?
No, they have maxed out various skills with no trouble, including athletics.

Edit: I remember something that may be related. In my last attempt to narrow it down to something I had one Sim that was sent to the gym by SP in order to skill athletics. I left the game running for one Sim week in Map View and he remained there for the whole week with "work out until fatigued". During that time several other Sims had gone to the gym autonomously and worked out until fatigued and properly left after a few hours. The SP sent Sim remained there indefinitely despite having a job (in Sports) and having by then maxed out this skill. The other Sims had continued with their lives normally. This game did not crash, but I found this quite curious.
« Last Edit: 2012 June 18, 16:34:18 by vorpal » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: 2012 June 18, 21:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Debugging doesn't affect anything. But I'm quite certain this is an AM bug, as I've pulled all other CC and only with it does this occur. I'm on the latest patch, however I do not have WA or SHT. Nor any SPs.

Have you tried a new game in a fresh hood?  You are certain it is an AM bug, but it isn't.  I have all EP/SPs, fully patched, along with AM and a few other assorted mods, and the mailboxes in my game, as in most peoples is working just fine.  Which would suggest it may well be something specific to you and your game.

Vorpal:  Where are you launching the game from?  The TS3W.exe in the base game folder or the latest EP/SP .exe?  I recently switched from the TS3W.exe to TS3SP06.exe and saw a huge difference in the game performance, the lags stopped, and the crashing appears to have also stopped, with 6 and 5 hours continuous play the last two days without any hiccups.  Might be nothing other than pure coincidence, but anything is worth a shot.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: 2012 June 18, 23:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vorpal:  Where are you launching the game from?  The TS3W.exe in the base game folder or the latest EP/SP .exe?  I recently switched from the TS3W.exe to TS3SP06.exe and saw a huge difference in the game performance, the lags stopped, and the crashing appears to have also stopped, with 6 and 5 hours continuous play the last two days without any hiccups.  Might be nothing other than pure coincidence, but anything is worth a shot.
TS3W in the base game folder, yes. I tried your suggestion quickly but only noticed that TS3EP06 seems to just refer back to TS3W anyway. At least in Task Manager it says that TS3W is being run. There is another TS3EP06 exe, however, in the base game folder under Game/Bin/Packs, together with the exes for all the other EPs/SPs and the EP6 BETA. I couldn't launch from there, as it asked for online-authentication and then quit. Performance-wise I can't say anything as lag hasn't really been an issue and no crashes at all other than when I turn SP on. The only lag that I've noticed so far since re-installing on the new computer is when the insect spawners change from butterflies to fireflies at, I think, 11 p.m. and the Collection Helper is still set on insects. Ah yes, and when some horse is stuck somewhere.
Torjio
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: 2012 June 27, 13:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did have crashing issues as well. These were probably awesomemod-related, since I had never experienced a crash before. I am playing the base game, no downloadable or custom content.

However the game was still more enjoyable even with the crashes so I kept on playing; the interesting thing is that they are gone now. Could that be of some use to you ? Is it possible that some initial elements are incompatible to what awesome affects but these elements are removed as time goes by ?

FYI, I installed the mod in the program directory and completely removed all content from the user profile documents before restarting the game. I then edited sunset valley to add cribs. Using an old cribbed sunset valley I found on the forum caused unbearable crashes at a certain point.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: 2012 June 29, 00:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

iIf the crashing just plain DISAPPEARS when you try to zero in on it, then it's probably a game-eating-RAMz issue. Even installing Moar RAMz won't help, because the game is crippled by its 32-bit nature in how many RAMz it can use.

RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: 2012 July 03, 19:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got a flagrant system error when I sent my family to Egypt.  Tried like hell to get a screen shot but all I got was black.  I did read it though and it kept on repeating things about the Hand Of God, which I do have set to on in the config.  Meh.  I know this isn't very helpful.  Shit.  Ran delphy's dash, did fixall.  Haven't seen anything or done anything that could cause this, that I know of.  Have all sp and ep and fully patched.

meh.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: 2012 July 05, 06:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The FSEs also log themselves into error dumps in your luserdirectory, so you can retrieve the relevant XMLs from there, too.

RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: 2012 July 07, 16:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry it took so long, my son just graduated from the Marines.  Here is the file.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3nckq2tvodwblr1/ScriptError_MomandDad-HP__07-03-2012__09-57-32__D18EA8D8.xml

meh.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: 2012 July 07, 17:27:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Examination of your log reveals that, apparently, your neighborhood has some kind of corrupt want listener, because the error in question is buried in the bowels of EAxia, and is part of the want controller, rather than AwesomeMod itself. So, basically, something is just deeply messed up in your game.

RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: 2012 July 07, 20:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What would you recommend?  The original neighborhood is Appaloosa Plains.  I'm guessing a complete reinstall.

meh.
chillax
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: 2012 July 07, 22:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having a problem with sending sims home early while on vacation... I sent 3 people on an 11 day vacation to China and a few days in I sent the son home early and I got an error trap report. I didn't think it was a big deal but by the end of the 11 days when the two parents went back home the son wasn't there. Instead he was listed in my foreign visitors section and I could successfully invite him to my house as a visitor...

Later I sent the two parents back to China and tried to see if I could reproduce the problem and the dad got an error report too. Immediately after they call they disappear into thin air.. Is this a common problem or does my game have some issue?

By the way, when I sent the dad home they were at their vacation house. The time I sent the son home they still lived at the base camp.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<NRaas.ErrorTrap>
<ModVersion value="55"/>
<BuildVersion value="0.2.0.173"/>
<Installed value="BaseGame, EP1, EP2, EP3, EP4, EP5"/>
<Enumerator value="1"/>
<Content>

-- Script Errors --

Object:

Name: Jay Mochi
 Type: Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim
 Object id: 0xdff3004c80e11170
 Position: (1347.8330, 105.3719, 698.1456)
 Room id: 5
 Level: 1
 Flags: InWorld, IsUsed
 Lot: Sims3.Gameplay.Core.Lot
 Lot Name: Han's Orchard House
 Lot Address: 1 Central Ancestor Hills
 World: China
 OnVacation: True
 No Household
SimDescription:

Name: Jay Mochi
 SimDescriptionId: 16137242191746112080
 LotHomeId: 0
 HomeWorld: AppaloosaPlains
 Proper Genealogy
 Species: Human
 No Household
 Occult: None

Interactions:
1: Return Home
Sims3.Gameplay.GameStates+PerformEarlyDepartureToHomeWorld+Definition
Sims3.Gameplay.GameStates+PerformEarlyDepartureToHomeWorld+Definition

Counter: 1
 Sim-Time: Wed. at 5:14 PM
 Start-Time: 07/06/2012 09:44:49
 PreLoadup-Time: 07/06/2012 09:45:23
 Loadup-Time: 07/06/2012 09:46:36
 Log-Time: 07/06/2012 09:49:15

System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
#0: 0x0013d throw      in Awesome.Awesome.Motivator:Update (Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Autonomy) ([309C3C40] )
#1: 0x00003 ret.void   in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Autonomy:Update () ()
#2: 0x0026d ldthis     in Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.SimUpdate:Simulate () ()
#3: 0x00027 leave.s    in ScriptCore.ScriptCore.ScriptProxy:Simulate () ()

Loaded Assemblies:
 Awesome
 Buzz_ScribblingPad
 NRaasErrorTrap: Version 55
 NRaasMasterController: Version 84
 NRaasMasterControllerCheats: Version 84
 NRaasOverwatch: Version 63
 NRaasSaver: Version 17
 NRaasSleepFreedom: Version 13
 NRaasWoohooer: Version 85
 ScriptCore
 SimIFace
 Sims3GameplayObjects
 Sims3GameplaySystems
 Sims3Metadata
 Sims3StoreObjects
 System
 System.Xml
 UI
 mscorlib
</Content>
</NRaas.ErrorTrap>
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: 2012 July 08, 03:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one of those mystery errors that, as best as I can tell, really has nothing to do with AwesomeMod since that particular piece of code is pretty much exactly the same as the EAxian version and does not contain anything different that could generate a nullref error, meaning it's the EAxis code that is causing that. The Awesome version actually has far MORE error trapping than the EAxian version, so you'd get this same error without it.

Basically, it means the sim in question is just plain corrupted.

sheenasan
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: 2012 July 15, 23:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, sorry to be a bother, but I am experiencing a bizarre glitch since the latest patch. When clicking on a build mode object in the catalog, the details it pulls up have a blank space where the larger picture should be, the word "moodlet" under it, and no color/design options. Buy mode objects display normally. In addition, some newly-placed walls (2nd story and above, 1st story functioned normally) appeared blue and would only show as "up" or "down", not cutaway.

I have removed every speck of custom content from my game except for Awesomemod to no avail; only when I removed Awesomemod did the objects display normally. I tested Awesomemod alone in a new town after deleting all caches but still found the bug.

edit: after additional testing, I found that using the config tool to disable improved object information allows build objects to function normally. However, prior to the recent update, that feature worked fine.
« Last Edit: 2012 July 16, 04:29:03 by sheenasan » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: 2012 July 16, 08:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was one of the things affected by the patch, so not surprised. Will have it fixed momentarily.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: