More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:38:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475020 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #700 on: 2012 May 02, 00:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim day starts late Weds. night, crash by Friday. I'm up to date in all patches and AM package. So, I ran the game with AM out, no crash. But of course without AM mods, the game is unbearable in it's own right and useless to me as a tool of fun. And here I sit for 2 weeks on workers comp. and nothing to do with my useless injured time...any thoughts?
Save often and try to zero in on the crash. Once you can get it to die within an hour or so, send me the save. I've been trying to reproduce this, but it never happens for me.

it's not just one save. it's all my saves. they all crash when i have a teen sim try to even compliment an adult sim's appearance. It's AM, not my game.
You can't even *DO* that without AwesomeMod, though, right? I will take a look at this, if you say it happens in every game.

UPDATE: Could not reproduce. Performing the sequence you described functions normally. I can only conclude that you are trying something that you are not telling me about because of your CREEPY PEDO TENDENCIES.

« Last Edit: 2012 May 02, 04:49:15 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MizzCerise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 2012 May 02, 18:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks very much for taking a look, hope this is what you wanted. Tried to zip file it, but won't let me for some reason, so here goes:

[Build info]
Application: Sims3
BuildTime:   2012-03-09-1234
BuildUser:   slcbuilder
BuildHost:   SLC1-BUILD-005
BuildConfig: Release
BuldVersion: 0.1.0.34
Commandline: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe

EA_PLATFORM: Windows on X86
OS name: Windows Vista
OS version number: 6.1.7601
OS service pack: Service Pack 1
Debugger present: no
CPU count: 4
Processor type: x86
Processor level: 16
Processor revision: 515
Memory load: 64%
Total physical memory: 4094 Mb
Available physical memory: 1463 Mb
Total page file memory: 8186 Mb
Available page file memory: 4585 Mb
Total virtual memory: 4095 Mb
Free virtual memory: 2574 Mb

[Application info]
Language: C++
Compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ compiler, version 1400
App path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe
App version: 0.1.0.34

[Exception info]
date: 2012-04-30
time: 11.09.57
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000030
address: 0x00d5d35f "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x0095c35f

[Call stack]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe
0x00d5d35f

0x00d657ce

0x00c8b9ad

0x3098c380

0x1b4e0040

0x3060aac8

0x506804f0

0x1b4e0bc8

0x00877fff

[Instruction data]
00d5d2df => DasmX86Dll.dll not found.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 2012 May 02, 22:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is not a save and is absolutely useless. I need an actual saved game, one which you can get to crash within an hour or so of loading every time. Try to zero in on the crashing behavior by saving regularly until you get close to whatever is crashing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MizzCerise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 2012 May 03, 20:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry 'bout that, been ages since I even bothered with this game, only bought the expansions a couple weeks ago as I'd forgotten what a nightmare it can be to run. I see now what you mean by save game files.

Anyhow, I reckon the problem is actually Appaloosa Hills or whatever. It became unbearable to even play test in, as it grinds to a halt every 10 sim minutes, so I switched over to Starlight City (?) which is a clean slate, and wouldn't you know it, runs fine with AM. I have no idea why and I'm too annoyed to care, but I thank you for the offer of help. I'm sure I'll be back when the new town crashes and burns...or I'll throw all my discs in the trash and vow never to play again.

« Last Edit: 2012 May 04, 07:18:36 by MizzCerise » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 2012 May 05, 05:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing your neighborhood has sustained some form of corruption that causes the advanced processing features of AwesomeMod to choke, such as someone getting stuck in an impenetrable obstacle: Doesn't happen in my Appaloosa game, though. If you can get it to reliable crash within a short interval of loading, it's possible to find out WHICH sim might be crashing it by systematically destroying half the humans in the game in a binary search until you narrow it down to one culprit fambly. Usually I find that offending fambly exhibits some form of data corruption.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: 2012 May 05, 20:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the problem with families being charged for visiting Sims' stage props had been solved but my Sims are STILL being charged when I set a stage up for a visiting Sim.
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 2012 May 06, 00:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'm having the same problem as poopyseedmuffin. I have a feeling it might be conflicting with a mod he/she and i have downloaded from modthesims. Could this be possible? (all i did was test it out to see if i had that problem, then turned that setting off, i promise) It keeps crashing. If you want, i can pm you a link to my log in info on modthesims and you can see if any of my interaction mods might be messing with it?

Or, you could do a few minutes of troubleshooting and figure it out for yourself.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 2012 May 06, 02:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the problem with families being charged for visiting Sims' stage props had been solved but my Sims are STILL being charged when I set a stage up for a visiting Sim.
Can you elaborate more? My understanding is that you're supposed to be charged, so that when you sell the props, you don't get free money. Wasn't this fixed earlier?
« Last Edit: 2012 May 06, 02:48:04 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 2012 May 06, 10:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got quite some problems with inactives, homeless to be precise, and the Showtime professions. Part of these happen in vanilla, too, so it's not solely AM:
Inactives seem to change professions randomly and also their respective levels and this has lead to multiple role and profession assignments (and the constant playing of the profession related music). I play Lunar Lakes and there is one homeless Sim who seemed to be stuck in performing Acrobatics but his career says Vocal Legend. He was an acrobat before, true, but was assigned the singer career some time later. Approximately half an hour after I had reset that Sim I got an FSE (attached).
Then things started to act up. A mixologist suddenly appeared in the world as an acrobat but according to MasterController was still also a mixologist and in addition a second acrobat was spawned who seems to have been a singer before.
I also noticed that when AwesomeStory assigns a career to a homeless Sim these don't stick. I sometimes get notifications twice within a few minutes that SoSo is going to get a job in SuchSuch and several days later the same happens again.

* ScriptError_05-06-2012__12-12-41__6F6C447F.xml (2.46 KB - downloaded 190 times.)
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 2012 May 06, 18:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if what Vorpal has said is why I have noticed the music stings going off so regularly since installing SHT?

Right, to the *issue* with the stage props.
It is my understanding that when a non-active Simport Sim visits a venue to perform and you are asked to set up the stage for their performance, that any props you place should NOT be charged to your active family since it is the visiting Sim using them.
As it currently stands in my game, when a Simport Sim visits and I set up the stage, my active household gets charged for every stage prop/item I place.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 2012 May 07, 07:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Due to repeated crashes or lock-up freezes I played the same save several times now and can hopefully add to the homeless issue.
What happens is usually this: Simon Hart is homeless and wants to become a Master Thief. During the night AM tells him to get a job at the criminal headquarters and the message appears: "Simon Hart going to get a job at Orbital Distribution Company". Several hours later I get the musical tune from Ambitions that tells that someone joined a profession. It's Simon Hart. He's a Singer now. Then I get two more tunes playing which usually tell that someone in a profession got promoted and a final flourish, which I think indicates that someone in a profession completed a high-level task. Simon Hart is now a level 5 Singer. The next night AM tells Simon Hart to get a job in criminal. Rinse and repeat. Simon Hart now has a career history of being a level 1 criminal, level 7 acrobat, level 5 singer and level 1 magician. After 6 weeks into the game.
I also added the LTW for becoming Master Acrobat, Magician and Singer to three other of those homeless. But the Singer, who has been a level 10 singer for quite some time now, seems to not have completed that LTW.

And as regards the crashing. I haven't gone too far into narrowing it down to something specific, but it usually happens shortly after AM Story Progression sends some Sim on a skilling mission. It doesn't matter who or what skill, but Athletics seems to increase the chances for crashes as it cannot be done with books. One of my Sims happened to be on the lot of a Sim that received the OneShot Command and they were chatting. My Sim discovered a shared trait and received the "talk about shared traits" action, which cannot be cancelled, but the OneShot Sim was sent to bed. Gameplay became choppy while the other Sim went to sleep and when my Sim finally dropped the "talk about shared traits" command and I could order him to do something else, the game crashed.
I also noticed that OneShot Commanded Sims are sent around half the town just to use a toilet and as Lunar Lakes is so spread out this increases the chance for crashes as this mission takes so long.
Is it also possible that SupremeCommander has become more aggressive than it used to? Because I find it much more difficult now to interrupt Sims that are on a mission. And I found three Sims in the library that had been there for days skilling Charisma and Gardening but haven't dropped their books despite having maxed out that skill already. They kept reading a book they are supposed not to be able to read anymore.

Here are my details: All EP's except for Pets, patched from 1.24 to 1.29, then incrementally from 1.29 to 1.31 to 1.33. AM is from 2012-Apr-22 17:38:51. World is Lunar Lakes and I haven't changed the default lots but added some Late Night bars. No Showtime venues.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: 2012 May 07, 10:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed: Homeless uninstantiated sims no longer able to apply for Active Careers. Sims who already have jobs will not be dragooned as show NPCs, as this messes up their existing career.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 2012 May 08, 22:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cannot reproduce, CAS works fine here. Is it possible that you have enabled too many options to show things, resulting in massive load lag as the game tries to display everything?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 2012 May 08, 22:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or just you being impatient. It's hard to tell. All I know is that I can't reproduce it, so it's not something caused by just a stock game with minimal CC.

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 2012 May 11, 23:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re: my crashes during AwesomeStory skill missions. Again I had troubles with a Sim that was sent to skill up Athletics. This time, however, there was no crash but the Sim was reset and I got two ScriptErrors from ErrorTrap (attached). The first happened when the Sim in question was interrupted in his mission to the gym by the start of his work shift. On entering the rabbithole he was reset and I got the error. The second happened after his shift had ended and I made that Sim active because I wanted him to get divorced and move back into his old house. On leaving the move screen the error popped up, the Sim was reset and the UI became broken - I couldn't pause the game anymore or open the main menu anymore and had to end the game with task manager.
I don't think that it's the Sim itself, as it's not the same that caused problems before. And I tend to be convinced that my crashes had always happened when Athletics was involved. Other skill mission work ok, at least they don't crash the game, although they still tend to not finish after a while.
I also got two saves, one shortly before the first reset and one before I made that Sim active and began the divorce-move scenario.
« Last Edit: 2012 May 12, 06:58:21 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 2012 May 12, 06:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the error logs, the error you're getting should never happen and the same sim is responsible for both errors. Recommended solution: Kill With Fire.

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: 2012 May 12, 14:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, Sim has been killed with fire, or rather meteor, and game has run fine for three days now.
But I got another FSE when I tried to put a different household on radar (see attached).
« Last Edit: 2012 May 13, 09:03:14 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Baarogue
Asinine Airhead

has appeared!

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 2012 May 12, 19:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Robotic Hand of God disabled but every night at 3am all dirty dishes on my lot vanish and all dirty surfaces (counters, stove, etc.) are cleaned, including bird feather mess on the floor. Is this RHOG or something else?

I only have Awesome, twallan's Relativity, and no intro, but I noticed this behavior before adding Relativity and no intro.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 2012 May 13, 09:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, Sim has been killed with fire, or rather meteor, and game has run fine for three days now.
But I got another FSE when I tried to put a different household on radar (see attached).
I have no idea what the hell happened there. Does that always happen with every household, or just that one? It seems like your neighborhood is deeply corrupt and things have gotten decoupled from actual objects.

I have Robotic Hand of God disabled but every night at 3am all dirty dishes on my lot vanish and all dirty surfaces (counters, stove, etc.) are cleaned, including bird feather mess on the floor. Is this RHOG or something else?
That sounds like the EAxis auto-clean. Community and inactive lots are normally supposed to autoclean themselves, since as no one is responsible for their upkeep, they would become horribly polluted without it. Are you saying it is now also affecting the active lot? Is this lot also an apartment lot? The EAxis code cleans up the following types of lots automatically:
1. Community Lots.
2. Non-Active Lots.
3. Base Camps.
4. Apartments.

It is my understanding that when a non-active Simport Sim visits a venue to perform and you are asked to set up the stage for their performance, that any props you place should NOT be charged to your active family since it is the visiting Sim using them.
Okay, verify that it now works both ways. I don't have ANY means of testing something this bizarre.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 2012 May 13, 12:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, verify that it now works both ways. I don't have ANY means of testing something this bizarre.

I'll have to wait until I get another Simport Sim sent to me but I'll make sure to check it out.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: 2012 May 13, 15:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea what the hell happened there. Does that always happen with every household, or just that one? It seems like your neighborhood is deeply corrupt and things have gotten decoupled from actual objects.
No, just happened once and another attempt to track them succeeded a few Sim days later. But could a resetworld perhaps recouple things again?
Baarogue
Asinine Airhead

has appeared!

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 2012 May 13, 17:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like the EAxis auto-clean. Community and inactive lots are normally supposed to autoclean themselves, since as no one is responsible for their upkeep, they would become horribly polluted without it. Are you saying it is now also affecting the active lot? Is this lot also an apartment lot? The EAxis code cleans up the following types of lots automatically:
1. Community Lots.
2. Non-Active Lots.
3. Base Camps.
4. Apartments.

It is an apartment lot, so this was just my ignorance of EAxis auto-clean showing. Now I know!
Jayroo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 2012 May 15, 03:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need a little bit of help or advice please.  I'm having an issue which I believe may be related to the new store patch that was released today.  I am currently using AM, NoMemories, NoIntro, NraasOverwatch, NraasCareer, a Custom Career and some of Cmar's hacks.  The game will CTD within approximately twenty minutes of play time.  I have removed my other hacks and I think it may be AM related.  Should I wait for another AM update, try to generate an error log or upload a save?  I have had no problems with my hack setup prior to the store update and my hacks are up to date.  I also had issues installing the patch as well.  Would a reinstall of the game be out of the question?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: 2012 May 15, 09:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are getting crashing, try to zero in on the crashing by saving regularly, until you can get the crashing to occur shortly after the save. If you say it crashes 20 minutes after you save, then save every 5 minutes until it crashes. Then start playing, and save every minute...until it crashes. When it crashes within a minute of play despite doing nothing except unpausing, then send the save to me and I will examine it some more.

However, an interesting phenomenon I have observed is that often, when these alleged crashes are sent to me, I run the game just fine without anything crashing.

Jayroo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 2012 May 15, 22:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was my problem and not a problem with AM in any way.  It was tight pants.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: