More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 12:56:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1481259 times)
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #625 on: 2012 March 22, 23:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you remove previous copies of AM? Did you delete the scriptcache.package file?

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
foxygator
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: 2012 March 23, 00:00:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you remove previous copies of AM? Did you delete the scriptcache.package file?

Yes to both.

And I'm now getting the "bad core mod" warning on launch. And I've tried all the mirrors on the download thread and then searched for the most-up-to-date file (and all I managed to find was Pes saying that awesome was 1.33 no actual update to the friggin file).

Can someone just tell me if the update thread IS updated or if I should be looking harder somewhere else? Because this is horrible.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 25, 20:44:11 by foxygator » Logged
anberu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: 2012 March 23, 01:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Played without AM today, no crashes. Put the new AM in, crash after about half an hour. I wish I had some details beyond that I could provide.

What method are you using to install the mods, old or new?  It may be nothing, or it may be just coincidental, but when my crashes started with 1.29, I changed the mod setup from the new documents system to the old, original system, and haven't had a crash yet.

Using the old method, actually. I've switched it to the documents method, and it's not crashed since.
Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #628 on: 2012 March 23, 07:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else playing with Genies find that SC cannot move them around properly? They have a special Genie glide instead of running that awesome mod doesn't seem to be able to utilize.

Also, maybe more feature request than bug but they can summon food, so SC shouldn't send them to cook.
I don't have any in my game, so provide a save with one so I can test.

Here's a new game with a genie: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3tqiz0ltx1brm6o

Newest awesome will use the genie glide, but sometimes they have trouble exiting the toilet after Use Bathroom. But that is not always the case so I'm not sure what could be the problem.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 23, 07:29:46 by Heinel » Logged
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: 2012 March 23, 22:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reported an error awhile back with my sims not being able to perform at Simfest. I have the newest version of AM, and finally just got a Simfest popup. So I went down to see if any of the updates since I first reported the error had fixed the issue, and the issue is still there. The sim can ask the proprietor to join the Simfest, then once the sim approaches the stage and goes to step up on it, everyone in the park resets, and my sim can no longer ask to perform. From there the Simfest no longer progresses either, nothing happens. The proprietor's "join Simfest" option is grayed out, saying that they are busy or something to that affect.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: 2012 March 24, 04:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't made any particular modifications to this "Simfest" business since I was not even really aware of its existence, so it's probably just Buggy Simfestness In General.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Cheetah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: 2012 March 25, 01:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay, I tried playing now ... if I set every option in the config-file to "disable" I can play for several hours without a crash. My next try was to just enable the first column in the config-file, which is the story driver. Set to enabled, Popcap 0 seems to crash the game after ~25 - 30 minutes. Next I will try the other options with the story driver disabled. I will report it here, after I tested the next sections.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: 2012 March 25, 02:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. That's mighty peculiar. The only explanation I can think of might be overheating, since the Story Driver does tend to consume a fair chunk of power. Can't think of how it could outright crash, since it's pure C# code and doesn't have any dodgy hand-edited MSIL stuff in it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Cheetah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: 2012 March 25, 02:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay, I got a program to check temperature, will report back tomorrow after testing with story driver enabled...
Cheetah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: 2012 March 25, 15:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, got another crash, while checking temperature. The CPU had about 70°C - 75°C, while the Motherboard had about 70°C. Not unusually hot, it gets these temperatures with nearly every game I'm playing. Also, there were no spikes in temperature, it was about this the whole time.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: 2012 March 25, 16:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't double-post.  Modify your last post instead.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: 2012 March 25, 18:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, got another crash, while checking temperature. The CPU had about 70°C - 75°C, while the Motherboard had about 70°C. Not unusually hot, it gets these temperatures with nearly every game I'm playing. Also, there were no spikes in temperature, it was about this the whole time.
Well, I'm still mystified at this stage. But keep looking, let me know if you find anything unusual. Try to pin it down by save-walking if you can.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: 2012 March 25, 18:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My next try was to just enable the first column in the config-file, which is the story driver. Set to enabled, Popcap 0 seems to crash the game after ~25 - 30 minutes. Next I will try the other options with the story driver disabled. I will report it here, after I tested the next sections.

Have you tried setting the popcap to something like 25 or 50, and seeing what happens?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Cheetah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: 2012 March 26, 00:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm still mystified at this stage. But keep looking, let me know if you find anything unusual. Try to pin it down by save-walking if you can.
save-walking doesn't help. I save manually every 12 ingame hours. When I reload a save, it just keeps going, until it crashes after ~30 minutes. No spikes in CPU usage, RAM usage and/or temperature.

Have you tried setting the popcap to something like 25 or 50, and seeing what happens?

just tried it, with settings to 25 and 50. Still crashes. But it seemed, that the game lasted longer when I set it to 25. Could play for an hour. But I had it on pause for a fair bit of the time, too.

I also activated InformOnStoryAction. There were several actions in the play time, like Romance, Skill or Work, but nothing specific at the crash time. Maybe the culprit is a stack, which is overflowing or something like that? I currently don't have my desktop PC ready, otherwise I would test it on that one, and my gf won't let me install it on her computer.

The Crash Log Analyzer says the last two were a "Corrupt Save Crash", while the ones before were "Unknown". I'm going to start a new neighborhood tomorrow.

I am currently uploading two savegames:
Twinbrook, where I experienced crashes and had several options enabled.
Twinbrook - AMdis, where I tested with all options off. This is the one, where I got "Corrupt Save" crashes.
Maybe this helps figuring out more.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19788520/Saves.7z
It's not yet fully uploaded, will take about another half an hour.
cuthbert
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: 2012 March 28, 09:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After trying new version:

1. Sims still don't use chair/sofa when assigned to watch tv in most cases.
2. Sims still don't completely empty their bladder if they bought 'Steel Bladder' LTR.
3. Genies have always Face One even though 'NoVanillaPudding' is enabled.

---------
After some more testing, I found sims properly using chairs while watching TV only when the TV is in a moderate distance away. When the TV is too far, they prefer standing instead.

And when I got 10 additional lamps through cheating and summon the genies one by one, #1~3 had face one and #4 didn't. Apparently it was solely my bad luck.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 28, 11:48:18 by cuthbert » Logged
Leo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: 2012 March 28, 09:51:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the newest Test-version of AM there is a bug with the "write thank-you-card" (playing the game in German, I don't know the exact English expression, sorry  Embarrassed) at the mailbox after a wedding. The action is immediately cancelled. Without AM the Sim sits down at a table and writes the card.

Also, before the option to write that card appears at the mailbox, the Sim can take out a present box (=wedding present), but nothing new is added to the inventory and no message appears in the upper right corner. I am not sure if this is also a bug (or a feature  Wink).
putowtin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: 2012 March 28, 10:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I'm having the same issue as foxygator:

When I install AM I get the bad core mod warning on launch
All old copies off AM have been deleted and I've deleted the scriptcache.package file.

I've tried all three mirrors and tried it with and without aweconf but I'm still at square one!
Any help would be appreciated as this game is impossible to play without the awesomemod!

EDIT: Also worth noting that I have done a clean install of the sims 3 and all the exp packs I have.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 28, 10:17:57 by putowtin » Logged

Light, love and peace
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: 2012 March 28, 11:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the newest Test-version of AM there is a bug with the "write thank-you-card" (playing the game in German, I don't know the exact English expression, sorry  Embarrassed) at the mailbox after a wedding. The action is immediately cancelled. Without AM the Sim sits down at a table and writes the card.
That's odd, I thought that was fixed already. Try starting the interaction closer to the chair, or the mailbox. AwesomeMod attempts to prevent sims from engaging in slow-ass 50-mile hikes to find a chair when they COULD just perform the action in-place.

Also, before the option to write that card appears at the mailbox, the Sim can take out a present box (=wedding present), but nothing new is added to the inventory and no message appears in the upper right corner. I am not sure if this is also a bug (or a feature  Wink).
It's possible that you ended up with zero candidates capable of giving you presents. AwesomeMod fixes the issue where you can receive presents from your horse, as well as being able to receive presents that the giving sims could not possibly afford: With AwesomeMod, the gift-giver must be able to actually buy the gift, or nothing will be given.

I've tried all three mirrors and tried it with and without aweconf but I'm still at square one!
Any help would be appreciated as this game is impossible to play without the awesomemod!
Verify that you are using the latest patch.

Leo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: 2012 March 29, 07:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's odd, I thought that was fixed already. Try starting the interaction closer to the chair, or the mailbox. AwesomeMod attempts to prevent sims from engaging in slow-ass 50-mile hikes to find a chair when they COULD just perform the action in-place.

I tried the (then cancelled) interaction with a Sim standing directly beside the mailbox, but not yet with a Sim beside a chair/table. I'll try that next time I load up the game.

It's possible that you ended up with zero candidates capable of giving you presents. AwesomeMod fixes the issue where you can receive presents from your horse, as well as being able to receive presents that the giving sims could not possibly afford: With AwesomeMod, the gift-giver must be able to actually buy the gift, or nothing will be given.

May be the fact that there was no wedding party the reason behind it? I just made an "instant-wedding" somewhere in the middle of the street, so there were no guests = no presents?  Huh
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: 2012 March 29, 20:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Take that equation one step further.  No presents = no reason to write a thank you note.   Seriously, why would you want to write a note to someone who didn't give you a gift?  Could perhaps this little snag be why the action is cancelled?

Mind you, I've never bothered with this interaction so I can't in all faith say that EA doesn't allow you to write thank you notes to imaginary people.  Game logic is not the same as regular people logic.

-tastes like chikin
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: 2012 March 30, 00:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May be the fact that there was no wedding party the reason behind it? I just made an "instant-wedding" somewhere in the middle of the street, so there were no guests = no presents?  Huh

I had a loner sim who discovered a long lost wedding gift in his mailbox after his divorce. The gift giver was a friend of his ex wife's. So, I don't think you have to throw a wedding bash to receive presents—your sims just have to get married and have at least one friend.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Keirin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: 2012 March 30, 10:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got the same problem as cheetah; it crashes even in new neighborhood, I have all packs and everything's updated to latest patch and I removed all the other cc's and mods.
varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: 2012 March 31, 19:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having cursor issues with the latest version. I'm patched up to 1.33. The cursor reports the wrong info, it doesn't seem to want to display the basic gear/cog icon when I mouseover objects, instead it shows as grayed out pointer, or as feet, or even the forbidden symbol. I tested with several different mod combinations-- none, only AM, everything but AM-- and it stops happening when AM isn't installed. The game is still playable since clicking still brings up the correct menus, it's just annoying to lose the proper 'you can interact with this' visual cue.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: 2012 March 31, 19:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game is doing an AM autosave when pause is pressed, as it should, but when the save has finished the game no longer pauses but carries on.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: 2012 April 01, 03:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's been a weird mystery glitch that pops up every now and then for awhile. Still can't figure out what triggers it due to the difficulty of testing it.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: