More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:17:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1474989 times)
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #525 on: 2012 March 06, 23:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played for hours last night with the latest test version of AM -- no more crashes.  However, since the patch and new AM, something really bizarre is happening:  My Sim comes home from somewhere, and her bicycle just disappears into thin air.  It's not even in her inventory.  So I buy her a new bike, she rides it somewhere; and when she comes home, that bike disappears, too.  This happened three times, before I gave up.  Is she eating them, or possibly putting them so far up her ass, she can't get them out?
I've had this problem too. My sims would come home, and the bike was just nowhere to be found. But then I noticed that the bikes are actually going back on their designated bike rack, but turning invisible for some reason. This renders the bike rack entirely useless, as the bike is unselectable, and the rack is still "In use". The only way to get them back is to replace the whole damn thing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 2012 March 07, 00:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh. Spooky. I know what causes that one, too. That used to happen with motorcycles.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 2012 March 07, 00:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had a chance to play without AM yet, but that seems to be my problem.  I keep deleting the bike rack and starting over, but it just keeps happening again and again.  So what causes that?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Farks
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 2012 March 07, 17:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I move a new family into a house and select to immediatle play it, I get an eternal loading prompt.  Verified for at least 10 minutes on two different tries.  Problem does not occur with no mods at all.  Does occur with just AM.  If it matters, I have Win7-64 with 4gb ram
Actions Taken: Opened fresh Appaloosa, selected existing fambly, hit play.
Result: Game loaded and entered Live Mode normally.

Actions Taken: Made Fambly of One Sim in CAS, placed on empty lot, hit play.
Result: Game loaded and entered Live Mode normally.

Actions Taken: Made Fambly Of One Sim in CAS, placed on non-empty lot, hit play.
Result: Game loaded and entered Live Mode Normally.

Verdict: Could not reproduce error.

Same here as OP, Win7 64x, 4gb. Click to play any newly moved-in family and game stalls, place any family and the game stalls. Works "fine" (I get super-long pauses without AM) without AM.

Tried loading family, save/quitting, putting AM back in, and then loading up the family again: Loads the family so I can see them doing whatever their last action was, but then they respond to NOTHING. Have no portrait and their stats don't change. Time progresses at a consistent rate (no pauses/stuttering as it is without AM).

Updated to test version of AM.. family is now Chinese and totally uncontrollable. I.. uuhh.. am going to go run some more tests.

OKAY: I can say, with the test version of AM in and a brand new Appolloouzaoslafnarflefnarflefnarfle town:
1. Playing a pre-made family already in a home works fine, they loaded in under 30 seconds.
2. Playing a CAS family inserted into an empty lot works fine.
3. Playing a CAS family inserted into a new house (using Move In; furnished "The Madison") does not work. The loading box ran, went away, I got a "house infested with bugs" challenge, i accepted then screen =http://i39.tinypic.com/xek4nb.png.. now works after a second try.. not sure
4. Placing CAS made family into new house USING EDIT TOWN and then choosing them to play works.
5. Moving in a family that already has a house either doesn't work or takes so long that it effectively doesn't work. Was able to place, rotate, and the click accept.. then "Loading..." for upwards of 10 minutes. WORKS FINE

Verdict: Had same problem.. don't anymore.. don't know why.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 07, 18:41:59 by Farks » Logged
jsader
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 2012 March 07, 17:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something I've noticed with the test version 3/5/12 9:08 AM... (mind you I've just now updated to pets...)

The no-mosaic works for humans when they get in the shower, but not when they use the toilet. It also doesn't work for the horses. (I don't have any other animals right now to see if it works for them or not). Not that I *want* to see the horses pee, but I hate the mosaic more.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 2012 March 07, 19:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something I've noticed with the test version 3/5/12 9:08 AM... (mind you I've just now updated to pets...)

The no-mosaic works for humans when they get in the shower, but not when they use the toilet. It also doesn't work for the horses. (I don't have any other animals right now to see if it works for them or not). Not that I *want* to see the horses pee, but I hate the mosaic more.

Working just as it should be.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 2012 March 07, 20:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having a ctd within minutes of play with the patch and the test am.  As I suspected it was tight pants--ancient rule of six was lurking.  Tossed that and all was well.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: 2012 March 08, 04:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That really shouldn't have crashed, but you could try...getting the new version!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 2012 March 08, 13:06:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, yes, I could do that.  Cheesy
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 2012 March 08, 21:40:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The test Awesomemod is breaking stage setup. When you buy props with AM installed, the house isn't billed. This is probably because of the setting that makes it so that clicking buy/build opens buy/build for the community lot.

When the game calls for buy mode to open to set up a stage, it's drawing from the family funds. When the game calls for buy mode to open for a community lot, it's acting as if you're editing it and thus you are not charged. With Awesomemod installed, I assume it's thinking you're trying to edit it, and thus the props do not cost you any money.

I can confirm that disabling "AlwaysBuildBuyHere" does NOT fix this, however. All I know is removing awesomemod = buying props cost money, adding awesomemod = buying props is completely free.

For what it's worth.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 2012 March 08, 22:27:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if this is an Awesome error or not but, I'm reporting that last time I added a single dog (from create a sim) to a household, I gained 14,000 odd simoleans.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 2012 March 09, 06:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest test Awesome threw this FSE as I was quitting the game.  During the game, the clock had stopped at Sunday 9:04 PM but time still passed.

<FSE>
  <Error>Sims3.SimIFace.ResetException: Exception of type Sims3.SimIFace.ResetException was thrown.</Error>
</FSE>

Probably unrelated, but at times a Sim would sit in a car or taxi for a long while doing nothing when they had 'go home' in their queue.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #537 on: 2012 March 09, 15:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest test Awesome threw this FSE as I was quitting the game.  During the game, the clock had stopped at Sunday 9:04 PM but time still passed.

<FSE>
  <Error>Sims3.SimIFace.ResetException: Exception of type Sims3.SimIFace.ResetException was thrown.</Error>
</FSE>

Probably unrelated, but at times a Sim would sit in a car or taxi for a long while doing nothing when they had 'go home' in their queue.

I had the same error when I saved and quit last night. It seemed like the save was successful (the blurred out image was still on screen, then went to black as normal when the game is finally quitting, and that's when the error popped up). I don't know if the save actually worked then, or not, but I'll go in tonight and find out.

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: 2012 March 09, 17:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just ignore those, those are harmless resets that occur as the game is destroying the world from memory, that sometimes manage to be caught as errors.

Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 2012 March 09, 21:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the new AM test version ready for 1.32? It says so in the readme but I'm getting core mismatched warnings when I start the game.
Same here.  And when I use "showconfig," it shows a build date of 3/5/12.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 2012 March 10, 00:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be fixed now.

mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 2012 March 10, 03:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When playing today with the newest test version of AM and patch 1.32, I got a popup saying there was a simfest going on at the park. When I sent my sim there and had her enter the contest it popped up saying she was next, then a lady went on stage to announce the show, and everyone gathered around. She said my sim was coming up next and to let the show begin, when my sim approached the stage via the que, everyone "jumped" out of place and my sim could no longer interact with the stage, and there wasn't an option on the proprietor sim to enter the contest anymore. Not sure if this is AM related or not, but thought I would mention it in case.
Vertiginious
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 2012 March 10, 04:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I'm still getting the out of date, does not match error on startup and ctd when I start loading up a neighborhood. I have the 3/09 8:39 awesome.package file. I think this is the most recent. Not sure if I'm somehow downloading the wrong one or if there is still an issue with the new version?
Vertiginious
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 2012 March 10, 04:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nevermind, just got the 8:50 version, I will try that out.
Vertiginious
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 2012 March 10, 04:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, I misread some of the times I posted. Sorry.

But, I have the most recent version and I still seem to be having CTD with awesomemod installed.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 2012 March 10, 06:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, I misread some of the times I posted. Sorry.

But, I have the most recent version and I still seem to be having CTD with awesomemod installed.

Don't double-post.  Don't triple-post.  Read the FAQ.  It is stickied for a reason.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
blablamana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 2012 March 10, 11:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Test-version works fine with me, just one minor thing:

When one of my sims gains celebrity-status, I get the message that some Townie is no longer their friend. This happens over and over, different towns and different families. I don't mind it too much, because i just cheat my way to friend status again.
But just so you know. Smiley

P.s. I'm Dutch, so sorry for grammar mistakes.
Shadowsong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 2012 March 10, 12:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried the newest test version with SHT. When choosing one of SHT careers, jobs/tasks/quests (not sure how to call those yellow marks on the map) do not show.
EDIT: After some more testing it turned out that some store content is responsible for the issue. Awesomemod is still awesome.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 10, 14:07:35 by Shadowsong » Logged
em_ily_kooi
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 2012 March 11, 00:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never had an issue with AM before, but ever since i installed update 1.32 it hasn't been working. When I open the sims while it's installed, it pops up an error that says one of my modifications is not up to date with the current edition of sims. Also, I have the newest version of AM so I know thats not the issue. I have Sims 3, Pets, and Generations only. I have checked to make sure it wasn't one of my other mods but they all work just fine. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much!
~Emily
thumbprints
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 2012 March 11, 00:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never had an issue with AM before, but ever since i installed update 1.32 it hasn't been working. When I open the sims while it's installed, it pops up an error that says one of my modifications is not up to date with the current edition of sims. Also, I have the newest version of AM so I know thats not the issue. I have Sims 3, Pets, and Generations only. I have checked to make sure it wasn't one of my other mods but they all work just fine. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much!
~Emily

There isn't an update of AM for 1.32 yet, just the test version, so the version you're downloading from the "Downloads and Announcements" thread is actually still version 1.29 and therefore not up to date with your patched version 1.32 game.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: