More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:59:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475003 times)
ForkInToaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #475 on: 2012 February 13, 22:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently re-installed AM and I'm having a problem with the sound. Every now and then, the game's sound will start re-looping one sound over and over for several game hours. After a while, the looping will stop and the game will "vomit*" out hours worth of sounds all at once in a matter of seconds. I will hear tons of clicks, phones ringing, cars driving, laughter, snoring all glopped together and then the sound will go back to normal for a few game hours, only to get stuck on some other sound loop. Usually, the sound is some background noise that would normally go unnoticed, like general outdoor sounds. Sometimes it will get stuck on the washing machine or a car engine. Once it got stuck on a cell phone ringing.   

I removed all of my packages except AM, and the sound glitches continued. When I took out AM, it went away.

*Sorry for anthropomorphizing my game, but vomit seems very appropriate when I hear it.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2012 February 13, 22:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently re-installed AM and I'm having a problem with the sound. Every now and then, the game's sound will start re-looping one sound over and over for several game hours. After a while, the looping will stop and the game will "vomit*" out hours worth of sounds all at once in a matter of seconds. I will hear tons of clicks, phones ringing, cars driving, laughter, snoring all glopped together and then the sound will go back to normal for a few game hours, only to get stuck on some other sound loop. Usually, the sound is some background noise that would normally go unnoticed, like general outdoor sounds. Sometimes it will get stuck on the washing machine or a car engine. Once it got stuck on a cell phone ringing.   

I removed all of my packages except AM, and the sound glitches continued. When I took out AM, it went away.

*Sorry for anthropomorphizing my game, but vomit seems very appropriate when I hear it.

Vomit is also very appropriate when we hear the same questions asked over and over again. SEARCH MOAR!

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
tryoutz
Asinine Airhead

I need help.

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2012 February 14, 03:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't gain skills with Awesome mod. My girlfriend can't either. If we remove AM it works fine.

I still don't understand....
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2012 February 14, 11:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello.

I have that same kind of issue. Awesomemod opens a window tells me there's a non-core issue with another mod which is not answering the way it should (translated from French by memory, sorry if it's not correct). But, thing is, I tested the game with ONLY the Awesomemod and NO OTHER package - as I had just reinstalled my games -  and it says just the same...

If I click "Quit" then it quits after the loading, and if I click "Ignore", it works fine until I try to enter the CAS. When I do, the game crashes.

(I have all extensions up to Master Suite Stuff)
If you're getting that particular message, it means your SimIFace file does not match the version AwesomeMod expects. This means one of 3 things:
1. You are using someone else's. Very few people modify that file. But you have no other packages.
2. You have the wrong version of either AwesomeMod or the game. Patch your game, update AwesomeMod.
3. Your files are corrupt.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2012 February 14, 17:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't gain skills with Awesome mod. My girlfriend can't either. If we remove AM it works fine.

Sounds like a conflict as my sims can skill just fine with AM.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
tryoutz
Asinine Airhead

I need help.

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 2012 February 14, 21:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would think so if it was just mine. I have a little bit of CC. The only thing my girlfriend has is,

awesome.package
aweconf.package.

So whats to conflict? We both have every Sims3 expansion and Stuff pack game.

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 2012 February 14, 21:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would think so if it was just mine. I have a little bit of CC. The only thing my girlfriend has is,

awesome.package
aweconf.package.

So whats to conflict? We both have every Sims3 expansion and Stuff pack game.

You need to make sure you are patched to 1.29. If you install Master Suite Stuff without patching your patch level is something like 1.28. I can't remember the exact number, but it's not 1.29. So, check your patch level. Also, my sims skill just fine with AM installed.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 2012 February 14, 22:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not even just that: the game has what I think of as 'hidden' patch levels - i.e. there are patches that need to be applied to individual EP's. If you install everything in one go you may miss one of these patches and I advise checking your game with the patching tool available from MTS.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2012 February 15, 02:32:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, you don't need to patch intermediate EPs anymore.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2012 February 15, 16:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? Is whatever was fixed in those patches now fixed elsewhere?

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2012 February 15, 16:51:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

awesome.package
aweconf.package.

Did you enable the "ScaleSkillDifficultyToAging" in the config, or maybe increased the "RegularSkillingDifficulty" multiplier?  Either of these would increase the time it takes to skill.  You never said if the skill bar showed above their head but didn't move, or if it didn't appear at all.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
ItchyNScratchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 2012 February 17, 16:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your problem has nothing to do with AM. If you play the game long enough after having removed AM, you'll find that the freezing and sound issues will begin again. I started having the sound and freezing issues after the 1.29 patch was installed into my game. After reinstalling the game and avoiding 1.29, I have those issues no longer. Unfortunately, that means I can also no longer have AM in my game, but at least I can play without freezing and crashing again.

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." ~Mark Twain
tryoutz
Asinine Airhead

I need help.

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 2012 February 17, 17:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you enable the "ScaleSkillDifficultyToAging" in the config, or maybe increased the "RegularSkillingDifficulty" multiplier?  Either of these would increase the time it takes to skill.  You never said if the skill bar showed above their head but didn't move, or if it didn't appear at all.

It shows the bars, they just don't gain not even slowly. Ill do another config and see it is the problem. If it is enabled by default then that is probably the problem.

Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 2012 February 17, 21:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your problem has nothing to do with AM. If you play the game long enough after having removed AM, you'll find that the freezing and sound issues will begin again. I started having the sound and freezing issues after the 1.29 patch was installed into my game. After reinstalling the game and avoiding 1.29, I have those issues no longer. Unfortunately, that means I can also no longer have AM in my game, but at least I can play without freezing and crashing again.
Duh. You're suffering from an old know bug caused by bicycles. AM makes it a bit more frequent because of the needed processing and it's easy to erroneously blame AM for that sound glitch. Grab Twoftmama's STFU Bicycle fix here: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/883-shut-the-flock-up-sound-effects-new-flavor-added-november-7-2011/
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 2012 February 17, 22:50:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, stop advising people not to patch.  This is stupid, pointless, and counter-productive advice.  Unless you plan to never install another EP, SP, or store object in your game, you WILL end up patching.  I'm sorry you apparently can't get your game to work with the patch, but troubleshooting fail =/= faulty patch.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2012 February 17, 23:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Duh. You're suffering from an old know bug caused by bicycles. AM makes it a bit more frequent because of the needed processing and it's easy to erroneously blame AM for that sound glitch. Grab Twoftmama's STFU Bicycle fix here: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/883-shut-the-flock-up-sound-effects-new-flavor-added-november-7-2011/

This isn't even entirely correct. You can completely remove this sound bug from your game with Overwatch because it turns off the eight bajillion TVs and Stereos that sims keep on all the time. Frequently using AM's fixall helps as well, but you have to remember to do it; Overwatch is automated. I recommend TFM's STFU mods because the game has too many annoying sounds, but you can clean up sound bugs without them.
« Last Edit: 2012 February 17, 23:19:26 by notouching » Logged
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2012 February 18, 04:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frequently using AM's fixall helps as well, but you have to remember to do it; Overwatch is automated.
Overwatch allows you to edit its automated commands so that you can add, for instance, "fixall."

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2012 February 18, 07:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod already includes its own anti-TV-spam, although slightly less zealous than Twallan's.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2012 February 19, 08:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not even just that: the game has what I think of as 'hidden' patch levels - i.e. there are patches that need to be applied to individual EP's. If you install everything in one go you may miss one of these patches and I advise checking your game with the patching tool available from MTS.

I have to thank you Madame Mim, I came here to make a post about an issue I was having with AwesomeMod core error and no world edit tools, but I saw your post and decided to do that first, and it fixed my problems!

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2012 February 19, 15:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're doing a fresh install, I think you still have to patch them up to the point they stopped making the individual EP patches.
« Last Edit: 2012 February 25, 05:52:47 by jeromycraig » Logged

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 2012 February 19, 22:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're doing a fresh install, I think you still have to patch them up to the point they stopped making the individual EP patchs.

Yes this is true. I just reformatted my PC and had to run a reinstall. I ran the latest patch thinking that would be it, no I was wrong, awesomemod almost blew up my game haha (no world edit tools, ctd AND core mismatch), so I read what Madame Mim said and got the patcher from MTS, and it downloaded and installed all the patches (it was so fast o_o), and my game is now working better than it did before.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2012 February 21, 21:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is AM still supposed to fix the reset bug when using the Spell Book from the store? I experienced this problem today and I am running AM. I fixed it myself by combining simon's fix with kissingtoast's MagicItems fix. Here's the script error log, if it's any use at all.
sleep
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2012 February 25, 01:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hoping to get this right from the start....let me know if more info is needed.

Awesomemod appears to be causing a game crash.

I only recently got Pets, and updated all mods and objects carefully. The crashing definitely dates from that change; the game ran fine pre-Pets.

I'm using the most recent published version of AM (dated 30th Jan), and am patched to 1.29 with the intermediate patches as well.  I have all EPs up to Pets, no stuff packs. Currently installed are Riverview and two CC-free custom worlds (Neverglade and Niua Samoa), both of which have worked fine until now. The only CC is store stuff attached to Riverview, and of course Awesomemod.

The crash is occurring at random intervals in live mode, on any speed. The screen goes black for a moment, then comes back (but frozen) for another few moments, then crashes to desktop. The errors are usually 0x00000030, which the Crashlog Analyser interprets as a corrupted save. I have had some reports of faulty CC as well, with various error codes. I can't spot any correlation between crashes and any game activity - I installed Twallan's Errortrap but it didn't catch anything at the right times.

Sometimes the game runs for one or two sim-days before a crash, sometimes less. Using a previously crashed save will crash much faster, but restored backups still do it after a couple of days. My current game is in Neverglade, a large world, and involves an eight-sim household and their stuff, but I believe my system should be coping with that.

Crash log info that could be useful:

EA_PLATFORM: Windows on X86
OS name: Windows XP
OS version number: 5.1.2600
OS service pack: Service Pack 3
Debugger present: no
CPU count: 2
Processor type: x86
Processor level: 6
Processor revision: 5898
Memory load: 67%
Total physical memory: 3068 Mb
Available physical memory: 1009 Mb
Total page file memory: 7000 Mb
Available page file memory: 5117 Mb
Total virtual memory: 2047 Mb
Free virtual memory: 534 Mb

[Application info]
Language: C++
Compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ compiler, version 1400
App path: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe
App version: 0.1.0.1266

[Exception info]
date: 2012-02-25
time: 11.41.04
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000030
address: 0x00d22aef "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x00921aef

Hope this can be addressed - it's painful to play without Awesome. Let me know if any different information would be useful.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2012 February 25, 16:06:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What version of XP do you have?  If it's not Home, look into the /3G switch.
sleep
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2012 February 26, 11:55:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

XP Home, Version 5.1
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: