More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:29:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1474990 times)
pastacat
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #450 on: 2012 January 13, 22:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had found that when I had awesome mod installed alone, and patched up to 1.29 with pets, I can no longer order drinks from the bar at my own lot and others cannot order from me.

I wasn't aware this was even possible, and nothing has been changed there, so it may have been EAxian.

AM makes the two professional bars break down and cry since 1.29. I've never had an outdated version of AM.

With only AM installed: professional bar works fine until someone is actually tending it with the "manage bar" interaction. Then, no one can order a drink. This also happens when hiring a mixologist to show up to your party. Dude just stands there and breaks glasses, then leaves with your money.

With zero CC: Bar interactions resume function again.

I considered tweaking my AM config in the hopes that one of the options might be at fault, but a) I am not that obsessed and b) nothing in the AM config seems even remotely like it would break the bar, so I'm at a loss.
Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2012 January 23, 21:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There still seems to be something wrong with the Moodlet Manager - I had one ending up repeatedly in the inventory of the household dog when said dog was on Supreme Commander.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2012 January 24, 08:34:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With only AM installed: professional bar works fine until someone is actually tending it with the "manage bar" interaction. Then, no one can order a drink. This also happens when hiring a mixologist to show up to your party. Dude just stands there and breaks glasses, then leaves with your money.
Try now.

There still seems to be something wrong with the Moodlet Manager - I had one ending up repeatedly in the inventory of the household dog when said dog was on Supreme Commander.
Should be fixed now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
shinji
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2012 January 27, 21:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does AwesomeMod work with the most recent Sims 3 release with Master Suite included?  I'm not able to get the game to load without warnings being given to me and I know the framework is installed properly (verified with the NoIntro package and the NoSparkles package)  This is also a relatively clean install with just a bunch of sims3 store stuff installed (freebies) but no prior mods (save for the ones included in the framework). 

I tried with both the Framework version on the MTS site as well as the version you provide here (installed in the Sims 3 install folder).

During Launch
It looks like you have installed and unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3.  We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs.

Do you want to quit?

Quit Continue

If I choose Continue on the previous prompt...
WARNING: Non-critical core mismatch! A core file not part of AwesomeMod does not match expected values. This could be the result of a version mismatch or other third-party hack.

Quit Ignore

From C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\the sims 3\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt
GameVersion = 1.29.56.014037
Code:0.Steam-0.0.12
Asset:1.Content.ml.307
Thumbnails:1.Thumbnail.ml.3
TCC:1.TCC.ml.98
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2012 January 27, 21:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MSS doesn't add a patch, works just fine for me. Make sure all of your other games are patched.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
shinji
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2012 January 27, 21:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They actually have to be.  Steam sends the entire game as a batch install so all purchased expansions and stuff packs are sent over all at once and updated at once.

EDIT: I'm going to take the drastic route.  There should not be any significant difference between the Steam and Origin versions but I do that the latter version available to download/install so I'm going to backup/uninstall the Steam one then download and install the Origin one and see if that makes a difference.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2012 January 27, 22:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NB: No Steam support is offered here.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
shinji
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2012 January 27, 22:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a particular reason why?  Like I said there really shouldn't be a difference.  The only main difference might be where the game is installed.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2012 January 27, 22:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Steam isn't supported because the FOJ doesn't want to fool with it.  I must have missed the part where Pescado is obligated to explain his decisions to people.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
shinji
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2012 January 27, 22:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok.  That's fine.  ^_^

I was just wondering if there was a technical reason (a specific core file was different on Steam vs Retail/Origin or something).  If Steam isn't supported though it should be mentioned in the documentation.  It wasn't mentioned anywhere and the framework itself works fine with the Steam version.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2012 January 27, 22:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Steam isn't supported because it's EVIL.

shinji
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2012 January 27, 22:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea.  I caught that thread just now finally. >.>  Apparently it comes down to some potential patch version differences and a different file structure that is on the Steam version where they merge it all together rather than have it spread out..  The Origin/Retail versions put each expansion/stuff pack in their own little install folder.
BebopCola
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2012 January 29, 23:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed a bug that popped up recently with the steel bladder perk changes in the Awesome mod, I only noticed it after installing Pets a while ago.

Sims with a steel bladder only partially fulfill their bladder need when you tell them to go. It'll fill the bar up around 1/4 of the way, then they'll stop. You have to tell a Sim with a steel bladder to use the toilet 3 or 4 times for them to max out the bladder need. Sims without a steel bladder however always max out their bladder motive the first time they use a toilet.

Also this is probably related, but I noticed a sim without a steel bladder fills their bladder need 2300+ an hour when using the toilet (according to the numbers you see when hovering over the motive bar), but a sim with a Steel Bladder only fills their bladder need 560+ a hour. Perhaps this is part of the problem, if a sim only uses the toilet long enough to fulfill the bladder need for a sim without a steel bladder, even though sims with steel bladders take longer to fill their bladder motive bar.
I've been running in to this as well.

Running a newly downloaded Awesomemod(downloaded today) and have tested with an unplayed Sim(a different household).

Obviously, having the motiveperkrebalance option turned off doesn't let you test the bladder discharge rate of steel bladder Sims since their bladder motive never decays, but with it on I can confirm ShadowLiberal's experience regarding the Sim's changed discharge rate versus when they don't. As would be expected, Sims without the perk appear unaffected either way.

Why do they keep pinching it off?! I only do it when I don't have any other choice!
Alicelove
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2012 January 30, 00:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a strange problem.  I don't know if it was caused by Awesome mod or a combination of Awesome mod and something else.  That something else most likely would be one of Twallan's mods, since I have them all installed.

My family consists of a second generation sim and her Invisible Friend who was turned into a visible friend using a potion.  They have two cats.  They also have twin daughters.  The daughters aged up from toddlers to children.  However, the next day, the kids were not going off to school.  I clicked on the button to send them to school and got a message there were no schools in town.  I was using a pretty straight Apaloosa Springs.  The only changes to the town were my McDonald's restaurant (a rabbithole), and a house I built for another family.

When I removed Awesomemod, the problem went away, and the kids went to school.  Since it solved the problem, I did not experiment further.

I'm having something similar with normal children in a custom hood, and I'm starting to wonder if it's that rabbit hole itself that AM (or whatever is causing it) has a problem with. It doesn't appear to be registering as a real school. I'm running a two-school system, and I replaced my fully functional 12-only rabbit hole with the Crestview building (Apaloosa's school/stadium). I attempted an enrollall 12 and received the message, "Cannot resolve with 0 schools on lot." (And yes, I attempted this on the school's lot. I'm stupid, but I'm not that stupid.) I can't manually enroll my teens into that school either, their only options are "pull prank" and "painting class" so I can't even enroll them individually.

Removing the offending building and replacing it with a stand-alone school rabbit hole fixes the issue. Except for the part where I want to use the combo rabbit hole. I have No Automatic School enabled by default, but turning it off doesn't seem to make a difference. I also use several Twallan mods, like the above. Twallen's school mod only gives me the option to enroll in the non-offending school.

This issue is reproduce-able in other hoods. Thoughts? Anybody else getting this result?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2012 January 30, 11:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Combo rabbit hole issue noted. Will examine.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
evadine
Asinine Airhead

Hallo.

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2012 February 08, 00:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a Flagrant Error on the sims 3 today.  I don't know if this is relevant, but I was also playing it in the French Language.

Installed Mods:

Awesome Mod

-.-.  The game also froze about 20 minutes before, possibly due to computer sucking.

Je fait souvent des erreurs qui sont très bête.
我不但学中文,而且我有中国男朋友,所以我说一点儿中文。
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2012 February 10, 12:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless you tell me what the error is, there's nothing I can do about it.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2012 February 10, 17:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It probably treated the error like a Hardware Requirements tag and didn't read it.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
frumiousbander
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2012 February 12, 18:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Serious risk of being labelled a moron, but hoping not so.

Basic problem: Awesome Mod seems to make game crash to desktop

Location of Awesome Mod: in My Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Mods > Packages

Yes, I've read other posts on here - most of the ones with this particular issue seem to be prior the patch I've got. Playing game edition 1.29. Only have base game. Yes, I have other CC - have played with other CC but not awesome mod = no crash. Have played with no CC = no crash. Add awesome mod back = crash.

I get the idea that since recent patches, the whole framework stuff in the Games > Bin folder is no longer necessary. Is that where I've gone wrong? Lately have just been playing with Awesome mod, but appreciate the awesomeness of it and would prefer not to.

Ta.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2012 February 12, 18:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you checked for conflicting mods?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2012 February 13, 03:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you be more specific about where and when these crashes occur?

frumiousbander
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2012 February 13, 14:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the only way to check for conflicting mods to remove each CC one at a time and try playing or is there some crafty shortcut? Have stumbled across Hack Conflict Detection Utility for Sims 2 but not for Sims 3. Am I missing something?

Specifically, with awesomemod installed, game crashes to desktop  ("sims 3 has stopped working, windows is searching for a solution") after 20-30 minutes game play, sometimes less.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2012 February 13, 14:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try Delphy's Dashboard.

UtopiaGlam
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2012 February 13, 16:17:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello.

I have that same kind of issue. Awesomemod opens a window tells me there's a non-core issue with another mod which is not answering the way it should (translated from French by memory, sorry if it's not correct). But, thing is, I tested the game with ONLY the Awesomemod and NO OTHER package - as I had just reinstalled my games -  and it says just the same...

If I click "Quit" then it quits after the loading, and if I click "Ignore", it works fine until I try to enter the CAS. When I do, the game crashes.

(I have all extensions up to Master Suite Stuff)
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2012 February 13, 17:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Error Trap caught this running with Twallanian story progression:

Code:
-- Script Errors --

No Proxy
 Counter: 2
 Sim-Time: Tue. at 4:25 PM
 Real-Time: 02/11/2012 19:52:13

System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
#0: 0x0013d throw      in Awesome.Awesome.Motivator:Update (Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Autonomy) ([1E9C6E00] )
#1: 0x00003 ret.void   in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Autonomy:Update () ()
#2: 0x00000 superop    in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Autonomy:RunAutonomy (bool) (1E9C6E00 [1] )
#3: 0x00004 pop        in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Autonomy:TryFindBestAction () ()
#4: 0x0002a leave.s    in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.AutonomyManager:Simulate () ()
#5: 0x00027 leave.s    in ScriptCore.ScriptCore.ScriptProxy:Simulate () ()

It's a new two Sim day old save and I didn't notice anything odd happening at the time, so maybe just a hiccup somewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: