More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:14:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475018 times)
justme
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #400 on: 2011 December 27, 13:37:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Received for Wintermas holiday all expansions and stuffs released after Late Night.  Installed everything in correct order, patched, updated AM just to be on the safe side.  Game crashes every time I try to race horses.  Only mods in place are AM and nointro.  Removed everything, game works.  Replace nointro, game works.  Remove nointro, replace AM, crash.  Suggestions?
I have no idea why you would be crashing there, since I have raced plenty of horses without issue. Anything special about those horses?

Not to my knowledge.  It's just a horse I adopted from the shelter (via phone) and have been training for a bit.  And as I said, it works fine when I take AM out.  :/
I have the same problem. :/
Hugemidget
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 2011 December 27, 22:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Received for Wintermas holiday all expansions and stuffs released after Late Night.  Installed everything in correct order, patched, updated AM just to be on the safe side.  Game crashes every time I try to race horses.  Only mods in place are AM and nointro.  Removed everything, game works.  Replace nointro, game works.  Remove nointro, replace AM, crash.  Suggestions?
I have no idea why you would be crashing there, since I have raced plenty of horses without issue. Anything special about those horses?

Not to my knowledge.  It's just a horse I adopted from the shelter (via phone) and have been training for a bit.  And as I said, it works fine when I take AM out.  :/
I also have the same problem.  The game always crashes at the same moment in the race, near the beginning about an inch of the bar in.  I have tried it with different neighborhoods and horses and the problem is still the same. 
DespairFactor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2011 December 28, 00:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes, since you suggest that the new store features may be causing the crashes in part, do we know if the players experiencing the crashes have the in-game store activated?
I have had the in-game shop mode turned off from day one and I am having NO crashes with the latest build or any other recent build. (Aside from sometimes the game throws a hissy and locks up when trying to generate an object preview in the catalogue but I don't expect that to be AM and is mostly avoidable.)

I don't have the shop mode active when I play any of my games and I am experiencing crash to desktops.
rynwin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2011 December 29, 06:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have figured out how to stop it crashing (at least, in my game).  Turn off the Memory Notifications.  I've been playing a game that used to ctd every five minutes for about two hours crash-free now.  I could be wrong, there might just be a crash lying in wait to ambush me when I least expect it, but so far so good.

Also FullfillWantsWithoutLocking doesn't allow unlocked wants to give you points; it gives you the moodlet and you see the floating numbers, but no points have actually been added.  Might just be me, but I thought I should mention it while I'm over here.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2011 December 29, 10:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're probably there, but the numbers in the box are often a bit lazy about updating themselves. Try to buy something with the points and they'll probably show up there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2011 December 30, 14:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are playing a single Sim then pressing the spacebar will force the points total to update. I use that myself.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2011 December 31, 05:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A sim is looping, repeatedly trying to cure a negative moodlet with the Moodlet Manager.  He has no negative moodlets, and is fully greened up.  He does have the Midlife Crisis moodlet - is he trying to get rid of the moodlet and is this a bug or AM working as designed?

Also, I've noticed that sims with the Imaginary Friend trait rarely have any positive matches.  When I type matchall it seems the best I can get for most of them is -1.  This has occurred in different neighbourhoods with multiple sims.  As a result of this, most of them never get any romance action from ASM.  Is there a big negative hit for the Imaginary Friend trait when trying to find a match for them?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2011 December 31, 11:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A sim is looping, repeatedly trying to cure a negative moodlet with the Moodlet Manager.  He has no negative moodlets, and is fully greened up.  He does have the Midlife Crisis moodlet

I came here to report the exact same thing. It's kind of amusing to watch the Sim doing it, but a little interruptive to smooth gameplay.
ShadowLiberal
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2012 January 01, 00:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed a bug that popped up recently with the steel bladder perk changes in the Awesome mod, I only noticed it after installing Pets a while ago.

Sims with a steel bladder only partially fulfill their bladder need when you tell them to go. It'll fill the bar up around 1/4 of the way, then they'll stop. You have to tell a Sim with a steel bladder to use the toilet 3 or 4 times for them to max out the bladder need. Sims without a steel bladder however always max out their bladder motive the first time they use a toilet.

Also this is probably related, but I noticed a sim without a steel bladder fills their bladder need 2300+ an hour when using the toilet (according to the numbers you see when hovering over the motive bar), but a sim with a Steel Bladder only fills their bladder need 560+ a hour. Perhaps this is part of the problem, if a sim only uses the toilet long enough to fulfill the bladder need for a sim without a steel bladder, even though sims with steel bladders take longer to fill their bladder motive bar.
nikkiforest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2012 January 01, 16:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I installed AwesomeMod, and I just experienced a total game freeze, followed by a CTD. At first, the plumbbobs and the water were moving, but right before it crashed it just did nothing. I couldn't click anything, ctrl-shift-c wasn't working, nothing. It was at an off-location wedding, and I'm thinking the quantity of Sims had something to do with it. I've had problems when a lot of Sims gather in one location.  I also noticed that my game's really lagging. As in, speed 3 barely crawls. I know that this is probably a byproduct of AwesomeMod, because AwesomeStory makes Sims actually do things, but it is irritating. Anything I can do to temporarily fix it?
Edit: I should probably mention I have no mods or CC other than AwesomeMod, nointro, and nobuildsparkles.
Edit: Just crashed again after about 2 seconds of gameplay. The first crash occurred after about 10 minutes.
Edit: I did fixall upon opening my save game, and everything seemed fine. I played for about 20 minutes, with no overly noticeable lag. I doubt I fixed the issue, but if I have major problems I'll report it here. Thanks (=
« Last Edit: 2012 January 02, 01:12:52 by nikkiforest » Logged

INF/TP
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2012 January 01, 20:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

clearmemories
fixall
towderelicts

Those are the first three things I try when I encounter the deathlag.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2012 January 01, 20:31:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also clear caches, i.e., world caches, and as a last measure try resetworld. But I suspect graphics settings are the problem here.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2012 January 01, 20:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is also the bicycle lag as an outsider chance. MTS has a mod for that.

aggravationthefork
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2012 January 02, 02:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the third party mod/core mismatch problem mentioned earlier in this thread, and clearing caches repeatedly has failed me. I've taken out all my custom content but AwesomeMod and it still happens; I get rid of AwesomeMod and it doesn't. It started when I redownloaded the latest update - before that, everything was fine. I've changed absolutely nothing else in the meantime and downloaded nothing else, so I'm baffled.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2012 January 02, 02:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the third party mod/core mismatch problem mentioned earlier in this thread, and clearing caches repeatedly has failed me. I've taken out all my custom content but AwesomeMod and it still happens; I get rid of AwesomeMod and it doesn't. It started when I redownloaded the latest update - before that, everything was fine. I've changed absolutely nothing else in the meantime and downloaded nothing else, so I'm baffled.

Your failure to mention what patch you're on or if you are indeed fully patched makes me think that PEBKAC may be in play here.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
aggravationthefork
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2012 January 02, 13:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seriously doubt that I'm the problem when everything worked fine before and nothing else has changed. I've generally avoided patching because it's caused more problems than it's solved in the past, so judge away for that if you want. Just tell me if that alone would account for the problem when nothing has changed except AwesomeMod and my game probably hasn't been fully patched since 2010.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2012 January 02, 13:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod always requires the latest patch, as even the most perfunctory of searches would have told you.  Older versions of Awesomemod aren't supported or available.  So, yes, my AIDE was correct.  The problem is you, and you should feel bad.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Samiallmighty
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2012 January 03, 04:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had found that when I had awesome mod installed alone, and patched up to 1.29 with pets, I can no longer order drinks from the bar at my own lot and others cannot order from me.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2012 January 03, 23:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am currently unable to activate the "make sacred" option from the pie menu when clicking on a house. New fambly, new neighborhood (Hidden Springs). Only mod installed is latest version of AwesomeMod.

Update: Kissing toast was correct...problem has been solved.
« Last Edit: 2012 January 04, 20:37:01 by sewinglady » Logged

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2012 January 04, 00:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never knew you could do that. I have the family as active, go to the map view, pull up the command prompt and type 'Bless'.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2012 January 04, 00:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A sim is looping, repeatedly trying to cure a negative moodlet with the Moodlet Manager.  He has no negative moodlets, and is fully greened up.  He does have the Midlife Crisis moodlet - is he trying to get rid of the moodlet and is this a bug or AM working as designed?
It's a bug. Will fix it in the next version, apparently that moodlet detects as negative but isn't actually removable.

Also, I've noticed that sims with the Imaginary Friend trait rarely have any positive matches.  When I type matchall it seems the best I can get for most of them is -1.  This has occurred in different neighbourhoods with multiple sims.  As a result of this, most of them never get any romance action from ASM.  Is there a big negative hit for the Imaginary Friend trait when trying to find a match for them?
Purely coincidence. There is no specific code attached to that trait in romances.

I had found that when I had awesome mod installed alone, and patched up to 1.29 with pets, I can no longer order drinks from the bar at my own lot and others cannot order from me.
I wasn't aware this was even possible, and nothing has been changed there, so it may have been EAxian.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2012 January 04, 05:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am currently unable to activate the "make sacred" option from the pie menu when clicking on a house. New fambly, new neighborhood (Hidden Springs). Only mod installed is latest version of AwesomeMod.

PEBKAC, I use this all the time.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2012 January 04, 19:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have the same problem.  The game always crashes at the same moment in the race, near the beginning about an inch of the bar in.  I have tried it with different neighborhoods and horses and the problem is still the same. 
Same here. The race/jump competition CTD. Without AM, it does not crash.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2012 January 05, 18:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be fixed now.

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2012 January 05, 19:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is indeed fixed. Baa.

ETA: I don't know if this is an AM bug or a testingcheats bug, but you can't adjust a unicorn's Thirst need (all other needs are adjustable).
« Last Edit: 2012 January 06, 05:18:25 by SJActress » Logged

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: