More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:11:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1474997 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #375 on: 2011 December 19, 17:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? You can save in only 10 seconds? And by "a few seconds", I mean "I can mash 3 and it will crash shortly after". I'm not going to play your game for you. Just zip the save directory and put it on something that isn't too annoying to get. Maybe you have your own website, or whatever it is you do.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Orionos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2011 December 19, 18:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? You can save in only 10 seconds? And by "a few seconds", I mean "I can mash 3 and it will crash shortly after". I'm not going to play your game for you. Just zip the save directory and put it on something that isn't too annoying to get. Maybe you have your own website, or whatever it is you do.

Okay, I have a save that crashes within 3-10 seconds of loading, slightly different every time. Speed is at 4, you don't need to actually do anything, but you're welcome to move the mouse if you want. I installed the base game, patched it to 1.26 first, later to 1.29. The only content installed is Riverview and Awesomemod. Best I can do, hope it helps.

http://oron.com/19wug8qdsaw8

EDIT:
I don't know if it's related in any way, but the Law of Conservation of Mass is not working for me either. Doesn't bug me that much, but I figured I'd mention it. A kid that starts out fat and never touches that burger again will still regain all the weight if he doesn't work out daily.
« Last Edit: 2011 December 19, 21:31:45 by Orionos » Logged
murklins
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2011 December 19, 20:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having a strange problem. I updated AM (to be very sure, I just did so about 5 minutes ago) and ever since, my game crashes to desktop when I go into buy or build mode. It happens almost immediately -- the grid appears on the floor and then Windows pops up the "The program has stopped working" dialogue.

I am fairly sure it is AM-- I removed my few other mods, and even removed my CC to be sure. I also started a Sunset Valley to make sure there just wasn't something wrong with my current save file.

(eta: I also updated my game to the most recent patch yesterday or the day before.)
« Last Edit: 2011 December 19, 20:21:27 by murklins » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2011 December 20, 03:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I have a save that crashes within 3-10 seconds of loading, slightly different every time. Speed is at 4, you don't need to actually do anything, but you're welcome to move the mouse if you want. I installed the base game, patched it to 1.26 first, later to 1.29. The only content installed is Riverview and Awesomemod. Best I can do, hope it helps.
Okay, so I ran it for a good minute or so until your kid went to school and then came back. Several times. Nothing happened. It didn't crash. Then I needed my computar for some heavyweight processing, and moved to my second system to continue examining. This computer is somewhat older, and it crashed there. Crash Log Analyzer says the cause is "EWE NEEDS MOAR RAMS".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Orionos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2011 December 20, 05:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I ran it for a good minute or so until your kid went to school and then came back. Several times. Nothing happened. It didn't crash. Then I needed my computar for some heavyweight processing, and moved to my second system to continue examining. This computer is somewhat older, and it crashed there. Crash Log Analyzer says the cause is "EWE NEEDS MOAR RAMS".

Well, I am running on a relatively older system, an nForce 570 with an Athlon II X4, HD4850 and a first generation X-Fi. Has kept up with me so far. So how can I explain this then (got it from the crash-dumps)?

Memory load: 53%
Total physical memory: 6142 Mb
Available physical memory: 2849 Mb
Total page file memory: 8188 Mb
Available page file memory: 4239 Mb
Total virtual memory: 4095 Mb
Free virtual memory: 2945 Mb

Every single crash-log, never goes over 60%. And I've had the game running without Awesomemod for hours on one screen while playing a TV series and web browsing on another screen. But as soon as I put Awesomemod back in...  Sad

Also, I did run them through the Analyzer. Same thing every single time, 'Corrupt Save Crash' at the same address. So, I asked the author for help, posted the logs, and he also pointed at Awesome as the cause.

Anything else I can do, or will I have to accept life a little less Awesome?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2011 December 20, 05:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure why this happens. Did this happen under 1.26? Is it something that specifically afflicts certain neighborhoods? I traced a previous such crash issue from someone else's save to a place that made absolutely no sense to crash, since it had never done that before. I have yet to encounter this particular problem in any of my own games, however. Where are you getting these saves which appear to be damaged?

Update: Rapturing your neighborhood fixes all crashes on all systems, it seems. Probably tons of gunk data accumulating somewhere that the game doesn't like. So, simple enough. Bless everyone you want to keep, rapture the rest. Problem solved.

Orionos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2011 December 20, 06:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure why this happens. Did this happen under 1.26? Is it something that specifically afflicts certain neighborhoods? I traced a previous such crash issue from someone else's save to a place that made absolutely no sense to crash, since it had never done that before. I have yet to encounter this particular problem in any of my own games, however. Where are you getting these saves which appear to be damaged?

Update: Rapturing your neighborhood fixes all crashes on all systems, it seems. Probably tons of gunk data accumulating somewhere that the game doesn't like. So, simple enough. Bless everyone you want to keep, rapture the rest. Problem solved.

Yup, 1.26 did the same. I started out with 1.26 a few days ago. And they're not really saves. I can start a game, never save it at all, and the Analyzer will call the crash-dump a Corrupt Save. When I asked the author, he concluded it was custom content. You can read it in the Analyzer's comments thread should you feel so inclined.

Same crash location every time:
1.26 - Crash Address: 0x00d0edef "C:\Games\Sims\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x0090ddef
1.29 - Crash Address: 0x00d22aef "C:\Games\Sims\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x00921aef

Rapturing is dropping a neutron bomb on the neighborhood right? Complete genocide of all living things, while leaving the structures intact? Will the game repopulate with random weird looking sims afterwards?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2011 December 20, 07:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rapturing eliminates all inhabitants except the ones you flag as Chosen, meaning, "Your Sims". Repopulation is not intrinsic to AwesomeMod itself, but if the game generates coworker NPCs and other inhabitants, the neighborhood will repopulate on its own, or you can "spawnmoreoverlords" to immediately fill out the neighborhood again. Basically, use the CRTL-Click command to tag any household you recognize well enough to keep, and then nuke the rest and see if the problem goes away. "Same Location Every Time" crash sounds like the kind of thing that could happen if some sim was deeply corrupted, which is why I never, ever, see this in my own games.

Orionos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2011 December 20, 08:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I'll delete my savegames, start a new game in Sunset Valley, create a new sim in CAS, make only that sim sacred, then send everyone else to the bottom of the ocean.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2011 December 20, 08:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you're going to do that, see how long it takes you to bugger up a fresh Sunset with nothing special done to it like that. A fresh Sunset should be clean...until you start messing with it.

Orionos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2011 December 22, 22:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you're going to do that, see how long it takes you to bugger up a fresh Sunset with nothing special done to it like that. A fresh Sunset should be clean...until you start messing with it.

Well, it's been working for about two days now. Only 4 people in the entire neighborhood, so Charisma is a bit hard to raise. I assume the longer pauses at 4am and 9am are due to one of Awesome's processes. Going to add WA into the mix now.

So, will I have to do a ritualistic purification on a regular basis? There's no command to run through the neighborhood and fix only what EAxis fracked up? Is there a chance that my own sims get corrupted?
DespairFactor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2011 December 23, 03:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted earlier in this thread that I was having the issue of my game crashing at 3 pm in game time.

The tweaked 1.29 version fixed my problem with the crashing at 3 pm, however I am still having crash to desktops in my game and it is getting perpetually worse.

I updated my AwesomeMod today to see if their had been any new tweaks to it, but the issue is still happening.

I took my Mods folder out today and let the game run for an hour without AwesomeMod and it was perfectly fine, no crashes to desktop.

I put my Mods folder back in and it's crashing to the desktop all over the place.   It's not at a certain time like it used too, now it's crashing at random times.

Here is my save file if you are interested in taking a peek at it:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O1M5RKX3

I've had a lot of issue with this particular save, but it is my Legacy family, and I am almost done with it so I am really hoping to be able to see them through to the end.  With AwesomeMod of course.
TapThatBooty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2011 December 23, 14:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Despair, do you have any other items in your mods folder? If so, have you tried taking them all out and putting them back in one at a time to see which one is causing the crashing? Also, have you checked to make sure that everything is compatible with your game version. I assume that since you said you have got the latest version of AM, that it is 1.29.
DespairFactor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2011 December 23, 14:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only other items I have in my Mods folder are some custom hairs, clothing, and make up that I've downloaded from MTS.

My game is patched up to 1.29.

I've tried playing with my Mods folder in and just removing the awesome.package and the config file and leaving in the hair and everything else and I let my game run for an hour and a half and freewill and it didn't crash.

I put awesome.package and the config file back in the mod folder and let it run on freewill and it only made it for about 15 minutes before it crashed to desktop.

I can't say for 100% that I know AwesomeMod is causing it, but from my testing it looks that way and other people were also reporting similar problems.

Since it was tweaked after the crashing problems were reported, I thought I would throw my save file out there just in case.
« Last Edit: 2011 December 23, 16:33:46 by DespairFactor » Logged
Orionos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2011 December 23, 22:52:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the new NPCs created by the game have a -100 hygiene and won't stick around. When I rummage through their trash, they immediately run out of the house and sprint away. When I invite them over, I have to call them several times before they show up, and then immediately get back into their car and drive off.
One of them is marked in blue on the map, all the others in orange. I assume Awesome is marking them on the map, but what is causing their inability to interact?

EDIT: For some reason, I'm also good friends with my car according to the relationship panel. Talk about taking vehicle enthusiast to a new level.
« Last Edit: 2011 December 23, 23:22:56 by Orionos » Logged
shalenabeana
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2011 December 23, 23:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome! Thanks a ton. Sorry for the extra work but I love AwesomeMod so much ... I literally refuse to play without it.

Is there an updated AwesomeMod for the crash issue? I installed a new file that I downloaded yesterday. Then played today and it crashed to the desktop again.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2011 December 24, 05:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "crashing issue" is kind of a mystery and appears to be at least partly intrinsic to the new patch, since practically nothing has actually been CHANGED AwesomeMod-wise between 1.26 AM and 1.29, and all of the functions that had to be manually patched have been thoroughly inspected already.

DespairFactor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2011 December 24, 14:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My crash to desktop issues started before the release of the 1.29 patch.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2011 December 24, 18:25:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had a CTD for so long I can't remember when, and no freezes, this is with latest patch and AM version.  I wonder if it could be partly system related, I have a fairly beefy system with plenty of grunt for TS3, although short of what I suspect Pes has. 

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2011 December 25, 02:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I suspect this patch introduces at least one resource leak, due to the fact that the main thing added in this patch was "more Store features", and that this feature therefore can destabilize the game.

Yzisme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2011 December 25, 02:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to me that the new Awesomemod version doesn't like CCMagic. It's 'nonfatal core mismatch'-ing the whole 'mods' folder. (I keep all script, core, and non-objects there.)
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2011 December 26, 23:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Searched for this but don't find it anywhere. Possible search-fail, possible something else.

Received for Wintermas holiday all expansions and stuffs released after Late Night.  Installed everything in correct order, patched, updated AM just to be on the safe side.  Game crashes every time I try to race horses.  Only mods in place are AM and nointro.  Removed everything, game works.  Replace nointro, game works.  Remove nointro, replace AM, crash.  Suggestions?

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2011 December 27, 00:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes, since you suggest that the new store features may be causing the crashes in part, do we know if the players experiencing the crashes have the in-game store activated?
I have had the in-game shop mode turned off from day one and I am having NO crashes with the latest build or any other recent build. (Aside from sometimes the game throws a hissy and locks up when trying to generate an object preview in the catalogue but I don't expect that to be AM and is mostly avoidable.)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2011 December 27, 00:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Received for Wintermas holiday all expansions and stuffs released after Late Night.  Installed everything in correct order, patched, updated AM just to be on the safe side.  Game crashes every time I try to race horses.  Only mods in place are AM and nointro.  Removed everything, game works.  Replace nointro, game works.  Remove nointro, replace AM, crash.  Suggestions?
I have no idea why you would be crashing there, since I have raced plenty of horses without issue. Anything special about those horses?

Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2011 December 27, 01:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea why you would be crashing there, since I have raced plenty of horses without issue. Anything special about those horses?

Not to my knowledge.  It's just a horse I adopted from the shelter (via phone) and have been training for a bit.  And as I said, it works fine when I take AM out.  :/

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: