More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:53:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475060 times)
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #350 on: 2011 December 15, 11:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I think I fixed my problem. I deleted the cache of CCMagic, changed the log file in options.ini to 0 to disable the store, and updated my mods to their latest versions. I was able to progress through a whole day without crashing.

As for those with the crash upon startup:

http://modthesims.info/showpost.php?p=3727289&postcount=80

At one point I too experienced the crash, but it somehow decided to stop crashing. Again, it may have something to do with the new patch's store ads bullshit.
Iestyn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2011 December 15, 13:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like the affected sims have broken quests. Before sending them home, try doing "resetquests" for each of the selectable sims.

Thanks for the suggestion. I gave it a try and... no luck! I'm still getting exactly the same fse. Any other ideas?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2011 December 15, 14:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. The error you're getting appears to be occurring inside the bowels of EAxian quest handling, meaning, it SHOULD never break, but it was also written by EAxis.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Iestyn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2011 December 15, 16:24:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guess I'll have to revert to the beginning of the trip and hope it doesn't break again. Grrr. Thanks again.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2011 December 16, 01:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least you remembered to keep a save before the trip.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
DespairFactor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2011 December 16, 02:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am running into what I will call the "3 pm crash to desktop."

My current game save starts at 12 pm in game time.  When I progress the game, it always crashes to the desktop at 3 pm in game time.
I tried to speed past 3 pm but it still crashes between 2:50 - 3:10 pm in game time on any speed.

I have the base game, Ambitions, World Adventures, Generations, Late Night, and Pets installed for expansion packs and High-End Loft, Fast Lane, Outdoor Living, and Town Life Stuff all installed for stuff packs.

My game is patched to 1.29 and I downloaded and installed a new awesomemod package yesterday evening after I patched my game to 1.29.

This issue started happening at 1.26 and is still happening with 1.29.

I ran the game with my Mods folder and awesomemod still in and disabled custom content and the game still crashed at 3 pm in game time.

I ran the game without my Mods folder in so there was no awesomemod and disabled custom content and my game ran for over and hour on freewill without a single problem and was able to get past 3 pm in game times and well beyond.

Everytime I put my Mods folder back in with awesomemod, it crashes to desktop at 3 pm in game time.

I use no other mods but awesomemod and some clothing and lipstick I have downloaded and some objects I have purchased from the sims 3 store so I don't think it is a mod conflict.

I redid the framework for my mods as well to see if that was causing an issue but that did not solve my crash to desktop issue.

I also deleted my cache files as well to see if that would help solve to problem but it did not.

The only solution I've come across is removing awesomemod and the game runs fine, but I cannot play my game without awesomemod in it so I think the crash to desktop might be caused by a bug in awesomemod.
« Last Edit: 2011 December 16, 03:00:38 by DespairFactor » Logged
shalenabeana
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2011 December 16, 03:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Game crashing to desktop  Undecided

I have the base game, Ambitions, World Adventures, Generations, Late Night, and Pets installed for expansion packs and High-End Loft, Fast Lane, Outdoor Living, and Town Life Stuff all installed for stuff packs.

I have used AwesomeMod for as long as I remember. And never had issues with my game until the updated version of AwesomeMod after Pets released. My game loads normally and I can play a random amount of minutes in a given load, but randomly crashes to desktop with the Windows error, asking to close the program and/or search internet for solutions. My game then will load fine to the last save spot in game. Sometimes it crashes to desktop while attempting to save.

My game is patched to 1.29 as of this afternoon and I downloaded and installed a new AwesomeMod package right after the game update. It is still doing the same thing.

This issue started happening at 1.26 and is still happening with 1.29.

I remove ALL mods (which is only AwesomeMod and the config.package file) and run the game and plays smoothly, absolutely no crashes, only problem it's my legacy family and I cannot save without AwesomeMod  Cry Only other items are from Sims3.com from exchange and purchased items from EA, which no new (downloads) changes for several months.

I redid the framework for my mods as well to see if that was causing an issue but that did not solve my crash to desktop issue.

I also deleted my cache files as well to see if that would help solve to problem but it did not.

Sounds like the same exact problem as the previous post.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2011 December 16, 03:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your game crashes WHILE SAVING, this cannot be an AwesomeMod issue because AwesomeMod does not affect the saving process, which is hardcoded.

I remove ALL mods (which is only AwesomeMod and the config.package file) and run the game and plays smoothly, absolutely no crashes, only problem it's my legacy family and I cannot save without AwesomeMod  Cry
Send me the save and I will examine it. I am presently examining someone else's reported crashy save as well.

shalenabeana
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2011 December 16, 03:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is my save file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?71i46kcl1c64tbo

I hope this works.

It only crashed once when I hit the save button, so not sure if it was crashing while I was hitting it or what. It has not crashed while attempting to save.

To clarify not being able to save my current file, isn't it correct that running my save file that had AwesomeMod in the Mods folder, then taking the package files out and loading that said save file and playing WITHOUT AwesomeMod, then saving that file again with AwesomeMod not in the Mods, will wreck/damage that save file? That is what I meant by not being able to save that game, I would not be able to play that file again.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2011 December 16, 03:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That should be mostly-safe, provided you make sure no one is using an important AwesomeMod feature at the time you save and remove it.

rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2011 December 16, 04:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been also having CTD which is very similar to the previous posts.  I don't have the issue when I have pulled all my mods.  I put AM back as the only mod to discover the issue starts again. 
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2011 December 16, 14:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I USED to have this problem, but it just decided not to crash anymore. What I did was I removed AM, fast-forwarded several Sim hours past the hour it was crashing (3:00 to 5:00 AM for me), saved it, placed AM back in, and continued from that save on. It's been working flawlessly. Thank God for autosave backups. Yesterday I played 3 sim days and no crashes.

Then again, I have AM's timestamp of 12/14. Been hesitant to update. :/
Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2011 December 16, 14:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having an issue when I combine Supreme Commander, a Moodlet Manager, and a horse. I have a human Sim and a horse both skilling using SC, and the Moodlet Manager keeps ending up in the horse's inventory, even though it was in the Sim's at the start. The horse cannot actually use it, and the Sim cannot get it back when her moodlets turn red (contrary to what usually happens when several human Sims on SC automatically pass it around at need), unless I transfer it manually. But as soon as the horse has a bad moodlet and no action queued except SC, it gets the Moodlet Manager again.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2011 December 16, 14:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, good catch. Easy fix, I'll include it when I finish tracking down this WEIRD crash bug in that file you sent me: I found out what causes it, but the REASON it causes it makes ZERO SENSE.

shalenabeana
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2011 December 16, 16:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome! Thanks a ton. Sorry for the extra work but I love AwesomeMod so much ... I literally refuse to play without it.
GSmith
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2011 December 18, 07:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope this is an easy question and didn't find anything to fit on the forums.

Running the MOD I do see a "30" commonly on the upper left screen during gameplay which does change but does go back to 30.  Any way to delete that from view of sims conversations?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2011 December 18, 07:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not an AwesomeMod thing, that's caused by fpslimiter, which is a third-party module and therefore not really supported. Press F10 to get rid of it while the game is loading.

Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2011 December 19, 00:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope this is an easy question; I didn't find anything to fit on the forums.
You hope that you didn't find anything to fit on the forums?  I think not.
HAPPY GRAMMAR DAY 2011!

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Orionos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2011 December 19, 08:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm experiencing a series of crashes that I've been able to relate to AwesomeMod. In order to exclude as many options as possible, I was able to reproduce the crash by just installing the base game (updated to 1.26+) and AwesomeMod. Then starting a new game on an empty lot in Riverview. It still crashes within 15 minutes.

Always the same:
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000030
address: 0x00d0edef "C:\Games\Sims\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x0090ddef

I'm now playing without AwesomeMod, but I'm definitely missing something. Anything I can do to help, let me know.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2011 December 19, 12:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One instance of this bug was fixed in the latest version, but its exact cause remains somewhat unclear and appears to be some manner of deeply rooted engine malfunction. Are you sure that you are using the latest version?

Orionos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2011 December 19, 13:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One instance of this bug was fixed in the latest version, but its exact cause remains somewhat unclear and appears to be some manner of deeply rooted engine malfunction. Are you sure that you are using the latest version?

So it's either a Bohrbug or a Mandelbug.

I have experienced this behavior on 1.26 with the December 9 package, and on 1.29 with the December 16 package. Those were/are the most recent packages for those versions, right?
Last time I played was during Ambitions. Didn't have a problem then, so it must have happened with one of the patches (since it's now also happening in the base game). If I'm not mistaken, all patch content is now neatly stored in delta-packages, so one of them probably contains the bug. Since my game crashes quite reliably, I could test any new versions if you want. At any patch level.

By the way, thanks for all the hard work and time you put into the mod.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2011 December 19, 14:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This particular issue is definitely a "Bohr" bug. I spent hours doing binary-sweep to isolate the section of code that triggered it, except there's absolutely no good reason why it should, since it's a widely used standard function call with no arguments, that should not under any circumstances CRASH, and when I bypassed that call, replacing it with an awkward kludge, it stopped crashing in that test case.

So in this update, I have globally replaced all the calls used with aforementioned awkward kludge.

Orionos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2011 December 19, 15:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This particular issue is definitely a "Bohr" bug. I spent hours doing binary-sweep to isolate the section of code that triggered it, except there's absolutely no good reason why it should, since it's a widely used standard function call with no arguments, that should not under any circumstances CRASH, and when I bypassed that call, replacing it with an awkward kludge, it stopped crashing in that test case.

So in this update, I have globally replaced all the calls used with aforementioned awkward kludge.

Sorry...

[Exception info]
date: 2011-12-19
time: 16.45.54
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000030
address: 0x00d22aef "C:\Games\Sims\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x00921aef

Worked for almost 20 minutes though.

The strange thing is, when I started playing about 3 days ago, I was running a game in Bridgeport with everything installed. It ran for nearly a day without a crash. By then the Speed 4 had slowed to a crawl. I attributed it to a CPU which kept maxing out. So I bought a new one. Now my CPU doesn't go over 80%, my RAM doesn't go higher than 60%, my FPS stays above 60, but these crashes have started happening (and Speed 4 still slows down to a crawl after a while unfortunately).
Why didn't the game crash that first day? Nothing changed except my CPU.

Sometimes the Sims reminds me of Windows. When it started, it was small, fast and efficient. Then they kept adding stuff onto it, until now it is a huge blob of code that has to be compiled in its entirety every time something needs to be tested.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2011 December 19, 16:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Send the save of shortly before it crashes and I'll take a look. Save often, and see if you can get it to go boom within a few seconds of the last save.

Orionos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2011 December 19, 16:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Send the save of shortly before it crashes and I'll take a look. Save often, and see if you can get it to go boom within a few seconds of the last save.

A few seconds?! It takes nearly 10 seconds to save!

Well, I do like a challenge for the sake of progress. Risking public humiliation, but when you say 'send', where exactly is it you want me to send it? And what files do you need? The 5 files in the "savename.sims3" directory only (neatly compressed of course)?

Runs off to annoy the heck out of the game.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: