More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:51:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475016 times)
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #300 on: 2011 December 01, 21:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was that aimed at me? I already have the config set up to my liking which includes having Ultra Speed set to work as it would without AM. I merely said I hope the ability to choose whether we want the AM version or not remains with the planned improvement.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2011 December 01, 21:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it was directed @ Rainbowboy, Menaceman. Either that or it was sheer enthusiasm for the feature.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Shiggy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2011 December 02, 00:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The feature added to AWESOMEMOD that brings about a paused game following an ULTRA speed setting of "4" can be disabled when customizing AWESOMEMOD for yourself in the configuration menu. I luxuriate in this facet of the diamond that is AWESOMEMOD, whilst my daughter lamented that the game had somehow "messed up" her 4th speed. That is why we are utilizing two separate, personalized config files, swapping one out for the other depending on who is Simming. It has worked well for us. You may want to investigate the options available, and design your own experience accordingly! You are the king of your keep, as they say.

You could always "setconfig PauseAfterSkipSpeed true" on your save and avoid switching config packages back and forth.
T. W. Allan
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2011 December 02, 00:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We appreciate that concern very much, Shiggy, but there are other key characteristics in AWESOMEMOD that my daughter and I do not see eye to eye on. For instance, PEDOPHILES have no place and are not accepted in my game, whether they can be condemned or not. She also favours SIMS 2 style aging, while I do not. There other other tweaks and twacks that differ between our play styles, too, which make swapping configurations the most desirable method. We also have respective "CC" configurations established within the now titled application, "CC Magic", conceived and created by one GRANT HESS. My daughter fancies oodles of "CC", while I like but a little.

Oh yes, and do not worry Menaceman, I would never aim at the innocent!

Thanks . . .
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2011 December 02, 01:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could probably have ended that post at "eye to eye on."  I don't think anyone is really gagging to hear every detail of your and your daughter's simming philosophies.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2011 December 02, 07:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always assumed the function of speed four unpausing was for when you have ALREADY given them a long que of actions where the first might be something boring like sleep. That way you can have the game speed through that and then resume normal speed as your Sim continues on with the previously qued actions.
Well, if you want to do such a baffling thing, you can, I suppose. Why one queued action would be any less boring than another, I don't know. The next edition will speed through the entire freaking queue, and stop when you run out of orders.

In other words, I still prefer how it was originally designed and hope that the 'improvement' will still allow it to be turned off. Not that I ever use speed four anyway.
Yes, all of this will be in the config. But like you said: You never use speed 4 anyway...because in the default incarnation, it is useless!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rainbowboy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2011 December 02, 11:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How to add non default EA Spawner exactly?
I want to spawn Vampire or Unicorn but cannot see any debug command ctrl shift click mailboxes Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2011 December 02, 11:44:09 by Rainbowboy » Logged
wowzeroonie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2011 December 03, 07:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the latest build of AM installed, I'm having severe bouts of random crashing while playing. As well, when I save and go to exit the game to the desktop, it crashes every single time. I removed AM and play-tested again and had no crashes at all.

I'm with base game 1.26, World Adventures, Ambitions, and Late Night.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2011 December 03, 07:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm very skeptical that any crashes are specifically new in AwesomeMod, since you're the first one to report it, and the s3gs file hasn't been altered since 11/28, which is the main source of crash-related issues. I will, however, keep watching for it, even though I have seen nothing like it in my own game. What are you doing that causes it?

And if you're exiting the game and it drops to the desktop, it's sort of supposed to do that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
TapThatBooty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2011 December 03, 12:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the latest build of AM installed, I'm having severe bouts of random crashing while playing. As well, when I save and go to exit the game to the desktop, it crashes every single time. I removed AM and play-tested again and had no crashes at all.

I'm with base game 1.26, World Adventures, Ambitions, and Late Night.

Do you have any other CC in your game? Have you cleared out your caches? I've had AM installed (with everything installed minus Town Life) and I've experienced no problems. I did experience once instance of crashing when Pets first came out, but that has since been fixed and as far as I've read, the crashing problems seem to have ended.
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: 2011 December 03, 16:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I have installed the latest version of awesomemod yesterday I can grab and move every object in live mode. Is this a new feature? I couldn't find anything about it in the manual. I hope I can turn that off in the config as I fear to accidentally move anything while I play.

EDIT: I disabled MoveInventoryObjects again and now everything is back to normal. However that setting doesn't work anyway in my game. I'm still not able to remove stuck cameras.
« Last Edit: 2011 December 03, 19:26:14 by Cyron » Logged

Greetings,
Cyron
wowzeroonie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2011 December 03, 19:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mean it exits to the desktop, it literally crashes trying to exit. I click Exit, the screen goes black like the game is going to stop, then it pops up with the "this program has stopped responding" window. Every time with AM in my mods folder. When I remove it, it exits fine... no crashes.

I have no other mods installed, I cleared all four caches in the Sims 3 folder, etc. Tested it with and without AM. Crashed with AM in the mods folder... didn't crash with it removed.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2011 December 04, 00:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't the slightest idea what could cause that since nothing would be running while you are quitting. Plus, I haven't really seen this and don't regard it as a major issue, since you are already quitting.

wowzeroonie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2011 December 04, 03:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even though I do agree with you that the crashing as I exit the game isn't that big of a deal, what really hurts (and as I also stated in my earlier posts) is the random crashing that occurs during my actual gaming sessions. As I said, I've been having random crashes both while playing and while trying to exit.

The fact of the matter is that these crashes are happening while I have AM in the game. I can remove it, clear my caches, and it no longer happens. I'm fairly certain that it's something that's pertaining to the latest build because this hasn't happened with any previous version of AM until this point.

I guess I'll wait and check everything with the next couple of updates to AM. If it still happens, I'll just remove it and play with Story Progression turned off. AM is the only thing that makes it worth having the Story Progression enabled.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2011 December 04, 06:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there some unusual thing you are doing that triggers this behavior? Because nobody else can apparently verify that this occurs.

wowzeroonie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2011 December 04, 09:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the random crashes, it seems most of the time that they occur while I'm playing on the 2nd or 3rd speed (skipping through showering, sleeping, etc.). Rarely, it will happen while the game is going in normal speed, but almost always with the higher speeds. I've already explained the crashing while exiting thing. I save my game (Save As... World Name), then I click Exit. It goes to the black screen like the game is going to shut down, then it pops up with the error window that it's stopped responding.

I've cleared the caches numerous times, made sure my saved game wasn't corrupt, added the Sims 3 to the DEP list so I don't get any Data Execution Prevention crashes... I'm pretty much at a loss on this one.

The last time that I updated my version of AM (using the AwesomeMod automatic updater here from the site) was November 30th because it said that the copy of AM that I had installed would expire December 2nd. When I did the update and went back into the game to continue playing, I've been having these crashes since then. I had no problems before this latest update.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2011 December 04, 09:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's very odd. I can't reproduce this at all and my game remains stable for hours of play. Does this occur in all neighborhoods, or only a specific one?

Kasmira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2011 December 04, 09:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not seen this posted, so I am assuming it is something blowing up in my own game again but as usual I will mention it just in case.

Recently, as in since the RHoG was fixed, I have noticed that my sims will not be instructed to use their cars when going to and from rabbit holes to collect funds while on SC.  As stated before, I tend to run vampire households, so their speed while running isn't all that terrible, but it seems rather odd to have them running clear across town to carry out an order instead of jumping into their car.  I don't really mind it except that the last time they all went collecting SC kept dragging my pregnant sim out of the house, hungry and unable to run, to waddle across town.  Cheesy 

I am currently playing in Appaloosa Plains, if that matters any.  I have noticed them running about during other activities as well, but I cannot recall the actual scenarios, it is just most common while collecting funds.

Thank you.
wowzeroonie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2011 December 04, 10:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As per your suggestion, I created a 2nd Sunset Valley and tested it with EA-xis made sims only; I tested the save/exit situation, play-tested on normal speed as well as various speed fast-forwarding, and there's no lag or crashes at all.

So, there's apparently something that's broken/corrupted in my main Sunset Valley neighborhood. I honestly don't know what FUBARed it and why it seems to have happened about the same time that I update AM last time, but maybe this was a good thing in the long run. If my neighborhood is indeed damaged, I'll have a chance to back everyone up to the library and transfer them to a new location.

Thanks so much, Pescado, for helping me with these problems.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2011 December 04, 11:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recently, as in since the RHoG was fixed, I have noticed that my sims will not be instructed to use their cars when going to and from rabbit holes to collect funds while on SC.  As stated before, I tend to run vampire households, so their speed while running isn't all that terrible, but it seems rather odd to have them running clear across town to carry out an order instead of jumping into their car.  I don't really mind it except that the last time they all went collecting SC kept dragging my pregnant sim out of the house, hungry and unable to run, to waddle across town.  Cheesy
The final decision to use a car or not as part of routing is still determined by some EAxian code. Does this failure to use a car and instead run across the entire neighborhood occur when the sims doing so are the active household, or only when they are not? Does everyone have their own car? If sims are sharing a car, it is possible that one sim hogs the car and forgets to return it, thus resulting in sims being deprived of the car.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2011 December 05, 22:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If my neighborhood is indeed damaged, I'll have a chance to back everyone up to the library and transfer them to a new location.

If one of those sims led to the corruption in the first place, or have become corrupted as a result of the corrupted hood, you'll just be transferring the problem to the new hood.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2011 December 06, 07:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually, the cause of neighborhood corruption is a non-played sim rather than a player-run sim, however, since players tend to notice damage to sims they are playing before the situation gets out of hand, whereas an unplayed sim can accumulate corruption until something fatal occurs. Dumping them tends to resolve most issues relating to neighborhood freezes, lags, etc.

Milch
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2011 December 06, 22:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not seen this posted, so I am assuming it is something blowing up in my own game again but as usual I will mention it just in case.

I am currently playing in Appaloosa Plains, if that matters any.  I have noticed them running about during other activities as well, but I cannot recall the actual scenarios, it is just most common while collecting funds.

Thank you.

I experienced something similar in a custom neighborhood: Every sim who lives in a house in the neighborhood seems to prefer walking over driving to get to community lots. This does not happen with the currently active family; they use their cars or a taxi. But while being inactive they will only rarely (or maybe even never) use cars or taxis. It doesn't matter whether every sim in the inactive household ows his/her own car, or they own one, or they own none.
I think, they mostly use taxis to get home again once they reach their destination, but I'm not sure.

I was assuming this was either a routing problem in this particular custom neighborhood or a sign of corruption of the savegame as I didn't experience this before. But now I'm interested whether this is a more common problem.
RHoG is disabled in my game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2011 December 07, 01:45:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't actually a "problem", this is a dubious EAxian "feature", where a sim will just RANDOMLY decide to perform an 8-hour cross-country hike to reach the destination they've been pushed to go, instead of routing normally.

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2011 December 09, 00:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm working on making over a world I downloaded so I'm changing some sims' traits. I've been using addtrait and droptrait to change them, but I've noticed one trait that this doesn't work on, which is Star Quality. It acts like there's no trait by that name so I can't remove it from sims that have it or add it to anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: