More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:20:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475206 times)
Iolanthe
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #275 on: 2011 November 19, 18:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure about autosave, but HandOfGod is not working for me either.  Furthermore, when a family calls a maid, at least two of them arrive and stand on the lawn doing nothing for most of the day, cleaning only half the mess before leaving because 'it's time to go', taking full wages with them.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2011 November 19, 18:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Issue should be fixed now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: 2011 November 19, 22:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Issue should be fixed now.

Yup, loaded up the game and my garbage piles and old newspapers disappeared. Yay!

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2011 November 22, 11:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting an avalanche of flagrant errors.  Looks like someone is having trouble finding a bathroom, but it doesn't appear to be anyone in my active household.  It started while my cat was using the magic litter box, but that might be completely unrelated as the error flood continued after he finished his business.

* The Sims 3.zip (11.17 KB - downloaded 268 times.)

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: 2011 November 22, 13:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this some time back with Twallan's Error trap. The cause was some maid unable to enter a room for cleaning due to a locked door. I bet these routing exceptions are still thrown. The only reason I don't face them anymore is just because I have unlocked all doors a long time ago.

Greetings,
Cyron
Jasumi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2011 November 24, 05:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When Awesomemod is installed, can't disable the clothing filter without half of the outfits disappearing.

Tested it many times to ensure this is the case.

Unlockoutfits works, though.
Iolanthe
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2011 November 24, 10:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, RoboticHandofGod works now.  However, I just tried to makeover someone in an inactive family (using the "makeover [sim]" command) and my game froze in the makeover screen.  The various buttons (options, accept family, etc.) respond to clicking but do not actually DO anything.  Had to shut down the game in task manager.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2011 November 24, 11:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that always happen? Was there anything unusual about that specific victim? Can you do this to anyone else?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2011 November 24, 15:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When Awesomemod is installed, can't disable the clothing filter without half of the outfits disappearing.

Tested it many times to ensure this is the case.

Unlockoutfits works, though.

I have the same problem.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2011 November 24, 16:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disableclothingfilter doesn't cause the outfits to disappear, but it DOES cause the "custom content only" filter to be turned on by default instead of off, because if it is not turned on, the game will list everything all at once, which immediately chokes the computer. Since you most likely wanted a piece of CC or custom-colored item anyway, this gives you faster access to your item without waiting 15 minutes for the entire thing to finish rendering. unlock outfits doesn't do this because it's a purely EAxian functionality, and doesn't add bajillions of items to your list all at once.

Iolanthe
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2011 November 25, 13:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that always happen? Was there anything unusual about that specific victim? Can you do this to anyone else?

There did not appear to be anything unusual about the three sims that caused trouble - I think one of them was a former maid that had married into an inactive family though.  I'll test some more to see if it always happens.

EDIT:  Sorry, apparently I forgot to remove an old mod.  All fixed now!
« Last Edit: 2011 November 25, 14:49:56 by Iolanthe » Logged
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2011 November 27, 21:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With latest build (11/24 9:34 am), I am experiencing tremendous lag and odd time jumps. Sims stand for long periods of time before engaging in next queued activity and the clock will jump anywhere from half hour to around an hour instead of progressing by minute or at most two to three minute increment jumps while in 'normal' speed.

Took out AwesomeMod (my only installed mod) and problem does not occur.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2011 November 28, 01:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That only happens if your computer overloads, possibly due to pathing failures in the default world. Removing AwesomeMod would likely trigger a world reset, temporarily resolving this, but it is not specifically caused by AwesomeMod.

gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2011 November 28, 06:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are serious pathing problems in all EA made worlds. Check out the fixes on ModTheSims.
cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2011 November 29, 14:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With latest build (11/24 9:34 am), I am experiencing tremendous lag and odd time jumps. Sims stand for long periods of time before engaging in next queued activity and the clock will jump anywhere from half hour to around an hour instead of progressing by minute or at most two to three minute increment jumps while in 'normal' speed.

Took out AwesomeMod (my only installed mod) and problem does not occur.

I am having this exact same problem with this build. Updating Awesomemod was the only change I made to my game before this started to happen.
Bug_Babe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2011 November 29, 17:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I don't know if this is for sure an AM bug. But, I sent my sim to get plastic surgery and then played a bit, exited game, saw there was an update for AM, installed it. Went back into game and my sim had reverted back to her shape before surgery. And yes I had saved it after said surgery.

So my question is, is this EA f up or is this possibly AM??

And yes I searched, but did not find answers.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2011 November 30, 01:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea. I've never seen that before. Or, for that matter, used that feature. Since that feature has never been modified, touched, or even looked at, I really doubt it's anythng AwesomeMod-related.

TapThatBooty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2011 November 30, 17:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This could be AM related or not. I doubt it is, but I figured I would mention it just in case. Starting a new town (Appaloosa Plains), I used the Destroyallhumans command and created a family (man and dog) and moved them in. A few days of game time passed and my dog was guarding the house. A burglar came (the silly dog did nothing, but I figure he needs to be trained or something), only the burglar was invisible. The music played and I figured it was because the dog was guarding. But from nowhere, a white sack appeared in the bathroom and the toilet and sink were stolen. The police came and had a fight with thin air (and lost). This was about 5 minutes of real world time and the burglar still didn't show up.

EDIT: I should probably add that I am using the latest version of AM.
Rainbowboy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2011 December 01, 03:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played The Sims 3 With AM mod. It is quite weird bug. The Game automatically paused after doing certain task with time control until finish job. Not with time control medium (2) or Fast (3). Is there any way to fix this problem?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2011 December 01, 04:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played The Sims 3 With AM mod. It is quite weird bug. The Game automatically paused after doing certain task with time control until finish job. Not with time control medium (2) or Fast (3). Is there any way to fix this problem?

That's not a bug; it's a feature.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2011 December 01, 04:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can revert that option back to EAxis default in the config manager. It is, however, a feature: What possible use could having the game immediately run amok anyway have? The idea is to stop and issue a new order! An improvement to this mode will be forthcoming in an upcoming version, as requested by Fat Gwilly People.

Rainbowboy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2011 December 01, 14:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not a bug; it's a feature.
It is in this String "UseAwesomeStoryDriver"?
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2011 December 01, 16:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is in this String "UseAwesomeStoryDriver"?
RTFM

Flowing with the go.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2011 December 01, 17:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always assumed the function of speed four unpausing was for when you have ALREADY given them a long que of actions where the first might be something boring like sleep. That way you can have the game speed through that and then resume normal speed as your Sim continues on with the previously qued actions.
In other words, I still prefer how it was originally designed and hope that the 'improvement' will still allow it to be turned off. Not that I ever use speed four anyway.
T. W. Allan
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2011 December 01, 21:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The feature added to AWESOMEMOD that brings about a paused game following an ULTRA speed setting of "4" can be disabled when customizing AWESOMEMOD for yourself in the configuration menu. I luxuriate in this facet of the diamond that is AWESOMEMOD, whilst my daughter lamented that the game had somehow "messed up" her 4th speed. That is why we are utilizing two separate, personalized config files, swapping one out for the other depending on who is Simming. It has worked well for us. You may want to investigate the options available, and design your own experience accordingly! You are the king of your keep, as they say.

Thanks . . .
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: