More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:42:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475073 times)
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #250 on: 2011 November 08, 21:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting crashes every night in a Week 1 Appaloosa Plains save. I've been saving in the evenings and the crashes usually show up 11PM-1AM. It's incredibly hard to test what could be going on, though, because when I boot up the evening save again the crash is delayed until the next night. I tried destroying the stray pet household but that didn't change anything. Crashes occur with AM as my only mod and stop when I take it out.

Edit: I've been jumping around so many different test saves that I failed to realize the pattern: the game crashes exactly 24 hours after loading the save file. If it was a new hood at 8AM, it'll crash next 8AM. If it was loaded up at 1:42AM, it'll crash next 1:42AM. This is completely consistent across all neighbourhoods that I've tested and I have absolutely no idea why it's happening.
« Last Edit: 2011 November 08, 22:06:04 by Clara » Logged
AJCazz
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2011 November 08, 23:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also having random crashes with the latest AwesomeMod, although mine aren't every 24 hours like the last poster's.  I've removed all other custom content, deleted the cache, and tried with fresh neighborhoods.  I didn't experience the crashes until I updated to the version where Pescado put the Major Update post on the AwesomeMod download page.
« Last Edit: 2011 November 09, 01:16:04 by AJCazz » Logged
wyvern
Asinine Airhead

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2011 November 09, 00:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto on the random crashes with the very latest build of AM. One thing that might be helpful (or not) is that, while there is no script error log, there was an exception log I opened. I expected to see a memory access violation or something equally unhelpful.

Code:
[Exception info]
date: 2011-11-08
time: 19.44.49
type: BREAKPOINT
address: 0x0058a546 "C:\Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x00189546

Is it possible you forgot to remove a breakpoint you had set for debugging on this latest AM build? [11/08/11 @ 9:25AM]

I could upload a save if needed. Though, given the random nature of the crashes, you'd probably have to run it for a sim day or so before it crashed. This is a new sim in a new unaltered neighborhood. New maxis house. Twillian's overwatch and master controller are the only other major mods I'm running. Store content from here the only cc.
« Last Edit: 2011 November 09, 00:53:20 by wyvern » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2011 November 09, 01:28:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be fixed now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wyvern
Asinine Airhead

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2011 November 09, 03:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The crashing has been replaced by random lag. As in game crawls to a slideshow.

This may be tealdeer but more info is always better:

No cc at all - only thing in mods\packages is AM and config. All caches cleared.  AM timestamp is 11/08/11 @ 6:30 PM.

Steps I'm taking:

Start new game in Riverview. Create brand new sim. Plop him in bargain maxis house. Cheat up 8000 to buy easel/sell crap bed/buy decent plumbing and kitchen gear. Set him on Supreme Commander: Skill: Painting.

Within 24-28 sim hours the game starts to suddenly lag. Happens with AM story mode on and off. No crashes so no logs. Making sim sacred and Rapturing the 'hood does not clear lag. Fixall doesn't seem to report anything unusual beforehand (usual bad skill modifiers and phantom butts cleared.)

ETA:

I tried this a fourth time, but this time I used "destroyallhumans" before placing the sim. This time I got no lag at all. However, after about a week or so in-game time (enough for the sim to master painting) on a hunch I checked and there were no pets available for adoption. [I had seen no strays during the entire time I was playing.]

The option on the cell and computer both say "There are no pets available for adoption at the moment, blah blah blah." Thinking then that perhaps something in the pet handling code may be what is causing lag for me. No pets = no lag. Will continue testing various scenarios.
« Last Edit: 2011 November 09, 04:45:02 by wyvern » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2011 November 09, 12:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed some more issues, perhaps this will clear up your lag.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kasmira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2011 November 10, 01:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims all have free will on and set to highest.  So I'm not sure what their deals are. Smiley

But also:

In my game I tend to run vampire famblies the most...  SC seems to be unable to handle hungry children.  Kids will be set to SC and when it comes time to eat they will get the action to eat, they are unable to select a meal, the action will drop and SC will try again.  I've tried putting left-overs into the fridge, but they won't eat left-overs, make a quick-meal or drink plasma juice.  I usually have to feed them manually.  As usual, I am not sure if this is a problem in my game only, or what, but I thought I'd post it.

Thank you.  Smiley
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2011 November 12, 14:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if this is AM but, I have the config set to not require a parent in child only households. When the active household is just a child, maybe with a pet or two, after I go into edit town, they disappear. The lot shows no residents, choosing another family shows no relationships with that sim, and looking through master controller it shows absolutely no record of that sim ever existing.

I tried creating new sim children to move into a lot by themselves, or separating existing kids from families and same problem. Moving the child with a parent seems to fix this. Trying to save while this goes on causes the UI/HUD to go missing when I reload the game.

This has only been a problem recently, I've been able to play with just a sim child or teen before just fine. I have the newest AM, haven't added anything new to the game, and tried removing all CC except AM just to be sure.
« Last Edit: 2011 November 12, 14:41:03 by KawaiiMiyo » Logged

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Sulis
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2011 November 12, 16:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome mod doesn't like the combined science lab and hospital in Appoloosa Plains. In my game if I tell a sim to sell all their collectables they get stuck when it comes to selling the bugs, the diamond icon is the only thing in the que and they just stand there doing nothing, if I remove the insects manually they carry on with selling everything else.
Datch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2011 November 13, 03:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the new build downloaded today (Nov 12, 6:12AM), the game won't load at all. It will hang indefinitely on the black screen before the Sims logo shows up (and before the intro) and this whether or not I by-pass the launcher. Of course I have tested without any other mods or CC, without the AM tuning file, and I even tried removing my save and library folders.

The game loads normally without AM. My previous build dates back from October 25, and the game loads fine with it, but it is expired. It is quite probable that the problem comes with the major update rolled over on November 7, rather than the latest changes.

I run the game on patch 1.26 with Pets (1.27 on Mac). Maybe it is useful to mention that I run Mac OSX 10.5.8 and I am currently plagued with the infamous horse-freezing bug (game freezes every time it tries to render a horse).

Alternatively, is it possible for me to alter the expiry date of the 25/10 build in s3pe? I noticed an XML instance with "BuildLifeDays value=14", but have been deterred to try due to the "sharp edges" warning so far.

Thanks in advance for your response. I am very concerned about the kittens at EAxis Smiley.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2011 November 13, 04:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cannot reproduce hanging on load. Try the regular voodoo and maybe it will load on its own. Delete scriptcache, etc. And yes, that file has sharp edges. Do not touch the edges of that file.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2011 November 14, 00:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if this is AM but, I have the config set to not require a parent in child only households. When the active household is just a child, maybe with a pet or two, after I go into edit town, they disappear. The lot shows no residents, choosing another family shows no relationships with that sim, and looking through master controller it shows absolutely no record of that sim ever existing.

Have you tried with a teen rather than a child?  I have been able to move teens, even a teen and a child, just fine.  I have never been able to move a child on it's own, even with the AM config set for the no adult requirement, the game has still always needed at least a teen to complete the move.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2011 November 14, 01:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried with a teen rather than a child?  I have been able to move teens, even a teen and a child, just fine.  I have never been able to move a child on it's own, even with the AM config set for the no adult requirement, the game has still always needed at least a teen to complete the move.

Moving teens does seem to work fine, I only have the problem with a child only. I've been able to do this before, I have often played worlds where there might be some orphan children living on their own. This is only a recent problem I'm having.

The child will move into the house on their own, and at first a babysitter might show up , this has always been the case, and then I can play normally. However now once I go into edit town, that child will disappear, whereas before they would stay.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
shivafang
Asinine Airhead

INTP: Loner, Childish, D/L Children

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2011 November 14, 18:08:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 'fulfill wants without locking' doesn't interact as expected with Midlife Crisis wants.  The midlife crisis keeps a count of how many Midlife Crisis wants you've fulfilled, but it doesn't count them if you fill them without locking them first.

I don't know if that count MEANS anything, mind you, so it may not matter.
Maranatah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2011 November 15, 13:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With S2 style aging enabled (Awesome config file) my pets are still aging while playing with other households. For other sims from the household it works like it should. Could it include pets in the future?
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: 2011 November 15, 23:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Robotic Hand of God doesn't seem to be cleaning up dishes, ice cream containers, juice jars, old newspapers, etc. like it used to. I checked my config and it is enabled, so not sure what's up...

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
graccichen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2011 November 16, 02:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Robotic Hand of God doesn't seem to be cleaning up dishes, ice cream containers, juice jars, old newspapers, etc. like it used to. I checked my config and it is enabled, so not sure what's up...

I have also noticed this with the newest awesome. I think autosave may have been affected too. Same problem as with Nraas Traveler mod installed, only without Traveler mod. (Options show as on in config but are not actually working).
shivafang
Asinine Airhead

INTP: Loner, Childish, D/L Children

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2011 November 16, 10:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seconded.  Robotic Hand of God got borked somewhere, I'm pretty sure.  Even dirty clothes (in rooms I don't have hampers) lay around until my butler gets around to picking them up.
Maranatah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2011 November 16, 13:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, old newspapers and dirty dishes are everywhere.
Kasmira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2011 November 16, 23:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same, I was thinking it was something I put in my game, but I guess it isn't.  I've been using the HoG manually instead.  I never realized how much I relied on that feature until now when I see all the plasma juice thingers laying around. Cheesy  I am always first to assume stupidity on my part rather than a problem with the mod, which is why I am still wondering what I did to break vampire children being able to eat on SC...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2011 November 17, 00:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Added an error trap to catch whatever may be disrupting the process, let me know if any new error logs appear.

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: 2011 November 17, 05:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using 11/16 (17:18) build. Got it after closing some save without saving.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2011 November 17, 05:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not really an error, just ignore that.

Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2011 November 18, 20:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using the 11/16 17:18 build and haven't gotten any errors so far, but I do want to say that I'm with the group of people whose Hand of God function is broken. And for whatever reason, the game doesn't autosave either. The config is set to "on" for both.

I do have Twallan's MasterController, Overwatch, and ErrorTrap (not traveler, or whatever)--though I was using those (updated) in conjunction with Awesomemod until the second to last build, which I believe is what caused those Awesome features to stop functioning.

Just thought I'd put that out there.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2011 November 19, 16:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The autosave function works fine for me; I have it set to 15 minutes and it autosaves my progress every time.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: