More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:57:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475022 times)
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #225 on: 2011 November 05, 06:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got a script error earlier. Told sim to use the macro "Use Bathroom," and she broke or something. Got sent back to her house and whatnot. Xml attached.

ETA: It actually happened again with her boyfriend later on, but the script error is nothing but a garbled bunch of words and symbols.
« Last Edit: 2011 November 05, 07:37:26 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Flowing with the go.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2011 November 05, 07:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This error appears to be impossible unless some very basic elements of your sims are completely broken, but I will add a fix anyway. Even though it seems more like a bandaid on a sucking chest wound in your neighborhood.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2011 November 05, 08:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A "fixall" earlier in the save did mention that I had a bad sim, and it was her. Something about missing a miniperson? I don't remember the details, but it said "attempting to fix." It's odd, though, considering I had just created her and plopped her into the world that sim morning. Then there was her husband getting the same problem later on.

Eh, I'll start a new save. I was only two days in on that one, anyway.

Flowing with the go.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2011 November 05, 08:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I often get the 'missing miniperson' on new CAS made sims.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2011 November 05, 20:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happened again on a new save with the same family. I have no idea how I managed to screw them up so well when I've never had any problems like this at all. Now the husband is breaking when he checks the weekly events in the newspaper. Same deal, System.NullReferenceException. Does anybody have any idea what is causing this? Both the husband and wife can "Use Bathroom" when Supreme Commander commands it.

Also, I'm curious to know that a 'miniperson' is. My sim apparently had hers in the new save, at least.

Flowing with the go.
enmity
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2011 November 05, 20:25:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I'm curious to know that a 'miniperson' is. My sim apparently had hers in the new save, at least.

It's a technical term. Basically, sims are often stored in double-entry, with the result that romantic oppositions are stored in quadruplicate. These two records can diverge due to crappy EAxian coding, in particular, causing the bug where a sim cannot remarry after the death of their opponent, because the "Mini" record, used to track sims as they move between neighborhoods (Main & Vacation) incorrectly indicates that they still have an opponent, while their full "SimDescription" record indicates that they don't, causing the game to believe that the sim DOES have an opponent, who didn't accompany it to the vacation/mainworld. The opposite case, "missing minipartner", is where the Mini-record indicates no opponent, while your sim DOES have one, which is not presently linked to any visible error condition on its own, but still represents a data discrepancy found at the same time we look for other errors. A "dangling" entry is one where the relationship is not bidirectional: One record indicates that sim's opponent is some sim, but that sim's record doesn't corroborate this.

perhaps it has to do with setting them as married in CAS?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2011 November 05, 20:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A "fixall" earlier in the save did mention that I had a bad sim, and it was her. Something about missing a miniperson? I don't remember the details, but it said "attempting to fix." It's odd, though, considering I had just created her and plopped her into the world that sim morning. Then there was her husband getting the same problem later on.
That's a normal error that is fixed up when you do a fixall, so nothing to worry about.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Shiggy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2011 November 05, 22:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SpawnMoreOverlords doesn't seem to spawn any sims at all, currently.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2011 November 05, 23:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you hit the pop cap you set, or perhaps your houses aren't actually furnished to support any overlords? What does it say when you try to do it?

Shiggy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2011 November 06, 00:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pop cap 0 (disabled), lots were furnished with AwesomeStory in mind (link here). It used to work pre-Pets with the very same setup and neighborhood files.

It says absolutely nothing when running the command, tried with AwesomeDebug on and it said nothing either.
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2011 November 06, 08:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pop cap 0 (disabled), lots were furnished with AwesomeStory in mind (link here). It used to work pre-Pets with the very same setup and neighborhood files.

It says absolutely nothing when running the command, tried with AwesomeDebug on and it said nothing either.

Same here.  I have a pop cap of 500, but had just entered a fresh test 'hood with about 20 houses.  All have beds; none have cribs.  The game accepts the command (no error) without actually doing anything.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2011 November 06, 09:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be fixed now.

Faythe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2011 November 07, 02:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have a possible bug with AM, have pets, latest version fully patched, Yet I see no interactions for AM at all. I tried Shift-cntl-c to add traits, I try to access the menu in game and nothing pops up with either shift or control.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2011 November 07, 04:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crash on save is a mystery. Check to make sure nothing is wrong with your game, that you haven't deleted anything important, that you aren't out of space, etc.

Apparently, it was tight pants.  The Hidden Springs and Barnacle Bay mailbox overrides are fine, but the mod to delete the standard mailboxen seems to be the culprit.  I'm guessing it conflicts with AM.  Or I could be completely wrong, and I fixed the game with voodoo (and lots of head-desk moments and cursing).

Using AM to nuke the standard mailboxen works.  But would it be difficult to add an easier way, also using AM?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2011 November 07, 04:11:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need an EASIER way than the NUKE command? What, are you mentally retarded?

Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2011 November 07, 04:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't need a simpler command.  Just lazy.  Meh.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2011 November 07, 15:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a lady with a male and female horse. The game is still doing storymode stuff with pets even though it's disabled both in-game and in AM. Now the very same lady, and the same lot, has 7 horses, except only the two original horses are visible. The portraits of the foels are greyed out, and they are nowhere to be found, but the lot has reached popcap.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2011 November 07, 17:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't actually Story Mode. The Dead Horse Spam is actually a horrible EAxian bug....that this next update that I am writing up fixes.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2011 November 07, 20:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sent a sim to the bathroom.
Newest awesomemod.

Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2011 November 08, 03:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[snip]

Sent a sim to the bathroom.
Newest awesomemod.
So there really might be something going on with the Use Bathroom macro. Unless we've both done something to cause it.

Flowing with the go.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2011 November 08, 04:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to a code reading, the following conditions could possibly produce that error:
1. The interaction has no actor - How the hell did this interaction even launch again?
2. Your sim has no Interaction Queue - This is a fatal error of a terminally corrupt sim.

Everything else has explicit null testing and cannot produce that error, so I am baffled. If it is a one-time occurrence, just ignore it. If it continues to occur consistently with the same sim every time, send a save.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2011 November 08, 08:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All sims on the lot have the same bathroom problem.

The family were EAxis originally. Starla, a horse and a unicorn were in the sim bin from another hood and I merged them into this house. Then I created a male, a horse, a dog and a cat in CAS and placed them in the house also.

No bathroom for you!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2011 November 08, 10:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be fixed now.

wowzeroonie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2011 November 08, 13:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think this has been mentioned yet...

I recently purchased and installed the Late Night EP. When I went to place the vampire altar on a lot, I noticed the catalog entry is broken (cannot read all of the writing, default recolor options/thumbnails not showing up) while AM is in my game. I removed it, and the catalog entry showed properly; AM was the only hack I had in my mods folder at the time.

Oddly enough, the altar still functions normally in the game as far as I can tell. It's even still CAST-able when I clicked it with the CAST tool in buy mode. It's just the catalog entry and thumbnails that are broken?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2011 November 08, 13:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should have been fixed in the newest versions, I noticed that earlier, too.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: