More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 07:31:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1481926 times)
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #200 on: 2011 November 01, 11:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just had a CTD for the first time in a very, very long time. As others have noted, it happened at exactly 3.50 a.m. I'm using the latest version of Awesome - had no problems with the previous version. Only other mods are Story Progression, Overwatch and STFU Bicycle.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2011 November 01, 12:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the new version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2011 November 01, 13:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. Still crashing around the same time.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2011 November 01, 16:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Send a save PAUSED about an hour or so before this starts.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nivaya
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2011 November 02, 19:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's spread to another save for me (using 2011-Nov-01 20:57:33 version of AM). Interestingly, once more it's an in-game Wednesday it's occurring on, as in the initial instance.

Shall provide Save if required.

Like a balloon..and....something bad happens!!!
realmscat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2011 November 03, 00:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just some feed back. I believe your still working with the new Pets Ep, so I just wanted to state a problem I discovered. Twice now I have had a cat go off the grid, and am unable to get them home. They are stuck out in an area they can not return from. They are slowly starving to death, and nothing I have tried has set them on the path home. I just installed Awsome Mod today, and until it was installed I had not encountered this problem before. I am attempted to reload the game now, and hoping it resets my cat.

Edit: Restarting the game didn't seem to help. Poor kitty is still stuck. Any ideas?
Kasmira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2011 November 03, 01:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just some feed back. I believe your still working with the new Pets Ep, so I just wanted to state a problem I discovered. Twice now I have had a cat go off the grid, and am unable to get them home. They are stuck out in an area they can not return from. They are slowly starving to death, and nothing I have tried has set them on the path home. I just installed Awsome Mod today, and until it was installed I had not encountered this problem before. I am attempted to reload the game now, and hoping it resets my cat.

Edit: Restarting the game didn't seem to help. Poor kitty is still stuck. Any ideas?
I've had this happen to human sims, I just use the reset command on them.

Also:
Not sure if this is something I am doing wrong or what, but my sims seem to have no free will.  In any house I play, even in a new hood, the sims will just stand around doing nothing, to the point of starvation and peeing themselves unless I direct them or have them on some form of SC.  Pets seem fine, but humans just stand there.  I have AM, Master Controller 5, Woohooer 7 and miscellaneous downloads and store crap that doesn't affect behavior.

Any ideas here?  Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2011 November 03, 06:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check that their autonomy is actually turned on? Mine don't seem to have any problems. As for sims running off the grid and getting stuck, that's apparently caused by EAxis not filling in the terrain with nonrouteable spots correctly, resulting in deadzones that sims can teleport into somehow and then be unable to leave. MTS2 has fixes for that.

Regarding the 0300 crashes: I still have no idea what causes it, but I have isolated it in at least one submitted test game to the Stray Pet Pool (which makes it even more baffling because AwesomeMod doesn't really interact with pets). As a temporary workaround, if this starts happening, you can just nuke the pool with "deletehousehold pethousehold", which halted the problem. Odds are you don't really pay any attention to this household anyway, since it mainly consists of random animals you've probably never encountered before.

Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2011 November 03, 06:48:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the first time, my game is having hissy fits.  Whenever I try to save a town, my game crashes.  It's occurred in a previous save and in completely new games, in different towns.  I've always used AM with no problems.

I have Pets (and all EPs except Generations) installed, fully patched.  Arr'ed store content is decrapified; paid for/free content is not.  (I got Riverview for registering, and Hidden Springs is arr'ed.  Crashes happened in both.)  The latest version of AM is installed; I tried removing non-store CC, except for some mailbox overrides -- still crashes.  Cleared all cache files each time, crash.  I haven't even begun to play with the actual pets yet.

Do you think "deletehousehold pethousehold" will work in this instance (or do you need more info)?
« Last Edit: 2011 November 03, 07:36:54 by Capitaine Marie » Logged

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2011 November 03, 09:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crash on save is a mystery. Check to make sure nothing is wrong with your game, that you haven't deleted anything important, that you aren't out of space, etc.

Anghara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2011 November 03, 09:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using Nov 1st package, spotted the family horse standing in trough but drinking from behind it, and the silly sim that owned said horse standing in the bookcase to put a book away. Sorry, was laughing too hard to take screenshots.

No other problems observed in over a week of sim time played, and these aren't really game threatening are they? But, I know the little things can lead to bigger issues, so thought I would mention it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2011 November 03, 10:58:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims standing in weird positions to do stuff is an EAxian issue native to the game. For the most part it is ignorable.

Anathea
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2011 November 03, 12:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no CC in my game but AwesomeMod & some sliders, and I have all EPs. Everything works fine, but one thing. Whenever I create a new game and try to play one of pre-made families (it doesn't matter which world I play, and they're all EA worlds, or which family), when I click on the house and the play button, it grays out the buttons (to go back to family choice or play the selected family), but the family doesn't open. The menu to save, edit town, go to menu, etc. is still clickable. I tried going to edit town and change active household, but the same happens. Moving in freshly made families and playing them works just fine, so this is the only problem I have encountered.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2011 November 03, 13:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cannot reproduce this issue, that works fine here. The game does not distinguish between premade and you-made in any way.

Anathea
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2011 November 03, 13:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is probably (so I believe) occuring not because they're premade, but because they're already moved in (so, while I didn't try it, I presume that moving in premade families from sim bin shouldn't be a problem). I've tried removing AwesomeMod and deleting the cache and I could load premade families. I now reinstalled AwesomeMod since I don't really load premade families anyways, and if I really have to, I can still remove the mod to load the family, save, quit, reinstall AwesomeMod and play the save game (which works fine), but I figured I'd still point out the problem Smiley
Naples
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2011 November 03, 13:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got this FSE after using Therapture  http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac40/Naples2648/FSE-1.png

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. Abraham Lincoln
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2011 November 03, 13:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There, I fixed it.

Nivaya
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2011 November 03, 16:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding the 0300 crashes: I still have no idea what causes it, but I have isolated it in at least one submitted test game to the Stray Pet Pool (which makes it even more baffling because AwesomeMod doesn't really interact with pets). As a temporary workaround, if this starts happening, you can just nuke the pool with "deletehousehold pethousehold", which halted the problem. Odds are you don't really pay any attention to this household anyway, since it mainly consists of random animals you've probably never encountered before.

Alas, no.

The first household I'd had this bug with, "destroyhousehold pethousehold" did indeed do the trick, 4am passed without incident. When I went to check the same on the second affected household, in a different neighbourhood, first of all it said that it could not find "pethousehold" (I wasn't sure if it was global destruction or on a per 'hood basis, but that was the result, anyway) and then, same old crash between 3 and 4am.

So, like, boo.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2011 November 03, 16:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

listhomeless and see if you can find an equivalently named household. It may be renamed differently. You'll notice.

Act
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2011 November 03, 16:37:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alas, no.

The first household I'd had this bug with, "destroyhousehold pethousehold" did indeed do the trick, 4am passed without incident. When I went to check the same on the second affected household, in a different neighbourhood, first of all it said that it could not find "pethousehold" (I wasn't sure if it was global destruction or on a per 'hood basis, but that was the result, anyway) and then, same old crash between 3 and 4am.

So, like, boo.

The "pethousehold" may be unnamed in your game, as it was in mine. If you list the households, it will come up as a file path ending with "UnnamedHousehold" or something similar. You can't destroy that, though. I used Twallan's MasterController to assign it a name and then destroyed it. The game is running smoothly now. Hope that makes sense.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2011 November 03, 17:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Added fix for this, so specifying "pet" or "npc" as household name will pick these households regardless of their in-game names, as long as no conflicting fambly with this name exists.

Nivaya
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2011 November 03, 17:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Victory. 4am has been achieved.

So, is this tactic advisable as a preventative measure in all neighbourhoods until a proper long-term fix is found? I can live happily without strays, and an empty animal shelter is workable just about, but I'm a girl, and therefore want a chance at a damn unicorn.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2011 November 03, 17:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't advise it as a preventative measure at the moment, since I have never personally encountered this problem despite leaving the stray pool alone, but apparently something can manage to go horribly wrong somehow (How, I don't know, since AwesomeMod has yet to venture into the animal realm...), the solution appears to be to nuke it from orbit. The unicorn was definitely not the problem, since in my attempt to find out WHY this was happening, I randomly nuked half the pet pool, the half the unicorn wasn't in, and that cleared it up. It's not even really a permanent measure, since the pet pool will rapidly regenerate itself. My WAG is that some people have pet pools that stocked up with bad data from earlier versions, and this old junk data is fouling the works somehow.

Seacret
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2011 November 04, 10:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not believe this is an AM issue since I just tested it with nothing but store items. Are you using any store bath tubs? This happens when cats try to play in the store tubs. I'm not sure if it's all store tubs but I know for certain the seven I have cause this to happen. I get them back by teleporting and no longer use store tubs in houses with cats (although you could simply lock the bathroom to pets and only let them in if you need to bathe them). Sims can bathe cats in the tubs but with dogs (large at least) the action gets cancelled out. It sucks but that's the only way to avoid this behaviour.
graccichen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2011 November 04, 16:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not believe this is an AM issue since I just tested it with nothing but store items. Are you using any store bath tubs? This happens when cats try to play in the store tubs. I'm not sure if it's all store tubs but I know for certain the seven I have cause this to happen. I get them back by teleporting and no longer use store tubs in houses with cats (although you could simply lock the bathroom to pets and only let them in if you need to bathe them). Sims can bathe cats in the tubs but with dogs (large at least) the action gets cancelled out. It sucks but that's the only way to avoid this behaviour.

So that's why the cats keep going off grid. 'resetsim [firstname] [lastname]' is an easy fix.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: