More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:18:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475098 times)
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #175 on: 2011 October 26, 06:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The vacation hoods are EXTREMELY unoptimized for pathfinding. There's fixes for them on MTS. Once I got them, I haven't hit that many issues in the vacation hoods relating to pathfinding.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2011 October 26, 09:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peerblock is telling me that Sims 3 is phoning home even though Awesomemod is meant to have stopped it.
AwesomeMod scrubs the gameplay data, so that no useful or intelligible data will be sent: The actual connection attempts occur for unknown purpose and at a lower level than scriptcore, so you will still need firewall there. This is just a simple thing to prevent spying on your gameplay.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
molave
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2011 October 26, 11:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On fixall

Code:
Tonia Sawyer is FUBAR!

System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
#0: 0x0003b ldfld.o    in Awesome.Awesome.BatBox:FixSpouses (bool) ([1] )
#1: 0x0001b call       in Awesome.Console.Awesome.Console.Debug:OnFixAll (object[]) ([0536E060] )
#2: 0x00000            in Sims3.SimIFace.Sims3.SimIFace.CommandHandler:Invoke (object[]) (1D7CE410 [0536E060] )
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2011 October 26, 18:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The vacation hoods are EXTREMELY unoptimized for pathfinding. There's fixes for them on MTS. Once I got them, I haven't hit that many issues in the vacation hoods relating to pathfinding.

Cheers, I'll try that then.

On fixall

Code:
Tonia Sawyer is FUBAR!

System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
#0: 0x0003b ldfld.o    in Awesome.Awesome.BatBox:FixSpouses (bool) ([1] )
#1: 0x0001b call       in Awesome.Console.Awesome.Console.Debug:OnFixAll (object[]) ([0536E060] )
#2: 0x00000            in Sims3.SimIFace.Sims3.SimIFace.CommandHandler:Invoke (object[]) (1D7CE410 [0536E060] )

Ouch. I hope Tonia Sawyer wasn't a Legacy sim or somesuch - FUBAR sounds pretty irreversible to me.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
molave
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2011 October 27, 11:43:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ouch. I hope Tonia Sawyer wasn't a Legacy sim or somesuch - FUBAR sounds pretty irreversible to me.

Even if you use MasterController? Haven't tried it yet, and probably never will for her. Tonia is just a part of my neighborhood's statistics.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2011 October 27, 15:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FUBAR means the sim has datapointers which were mangled beyond recognition. It is probably best to nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vitaee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2011 October 28, 02:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the 10/25/20011--9:53am version of AwesomeMod, my horse's wants are no longer fullfilled unless he locks them first.

With the 10/24/2011--11:08am version of AM, my horse get's his wants fullfilled, and gets the points for them, whether or not he locks them first.

In both cases, FullfillWantsWithoutLocking = True in Setconfig.
My human sim has his wants fulfilled without locking with either version.
This is with a saved game that I have been using without issue, want locking or otherwise, for the past few AM test versions.  I have no idea if the issue is present with dogs or cats.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2011 October 28, 10:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There has been no change to the want locking system at all, so whatever you're seeing is just a strange artifact of some wants being broken by default, sometimes losing their listeners so that they just don't trigger properly.

Nivaya
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2011 October 28, 14:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does AM cause to happen between 3 and 4am? Because I'm crashing to desktop with just one household, always at around 3.30 in the morning, and only when AM (up to date - 2011-Oct-25 20:18:04 version) is installed. No other saves are affected by this, and the fated hour passes just fine with AM removed.

I'm perfectly willing to accept that the problem is with the save itself, rather than an actual AM bug, since it seems to only affect this one household, but I'm curious to know what could be causing it that AM finds so upsetting and crashworthy at that particular hour that nothing else is picking up on.

Like a balloon..and....something bad happens!!!
vitaee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2011 October 28, 15:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There has been no change to the want locking system at all, so whatever you're seeing is just a strange artifact of some wants being broken by default, sometimes losing their listeners so that they just don't trigger properly.

Not that I doubt you, but let me clarify.  This occurs using the same save game file.  If I have the 10/25 version of AM installed and load the file, if my horses wants to play with the horsey ball, the want is not fullfilled unless it is locked.  If I have the 10/24 version of AM installed, and load the same save game file, then the want to play with the horsey ball is fullfilled whether or not is is locked.

I find it very odd that the "strange artifact", only shows up with the 10/25 version of AM, even when using the same save game file and using the same wish as a test.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2011 October 28, 17:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it very odd that the "strange artifact", only shows up with the 10/25 version of AM, even when using the same save game file and using the same wish as a test.
That's actually understandable. Sometimes patching will break all of the listeners for a want. Are we talking about the exact same particular instance of a want? Try killing any want that for some reason won't trigger even when its conditions are met, and seeing if it afflicts future instances of it.

What does AM cause to happen between 3 and 4am?
Nothing. There is no special event that occurs at that time, although it's possible some bug or form of neighborhood corruption comes to roost then. I haven't seen this, though. My game hasn't crashed in ages since I've been playing it.

sunkitten
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2011 October 29, 00:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently started a new sim in a new town, and just went abroad with him for the first time, to Egypt. I collected all the items from egypt (camera/tent/shower-in-a-can/food/skill books etc.), and also got a load of gems from exploring the Great Sphinx (I was cursed by a mummy).

However, when I got back to my home town, a load of the items I had gathered had gone. All the gems/rocks, moneybags and artifacts, the storage chests, cherries, pomegranites, and crocodiles, the skill/food books, and I think all 3 cameras (I bought all 3 types of camera to test if the camera stuck bug affects all of them). Some stuff didn't dissappear, like the mummified teddy. The only error ErrorTrap recorded was the 4 crocodiles I tried to bring back

I'm having the same issue with missing inventory -- my sim had an Opportunity that could only be filled by going to Egypt, and lost a bunch of inventory while there (all their caught fish from their home world) and when they arrived back home didn't have anything but the fruit they purchased/harvested. I'm running the latest beta of AM and no other hacks.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2011 October 30, 04:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am testing this right now, and all of my inventory made it to Egypt intact. My guess is that this is not intrinsic to AwesomeMod at all, but rather, an effect of the lack of exception handling in the native EAxian code which causes the entire process to derail if one or more inventory objects is corrupt. I will keep an eye out for if this happens when I return.

gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2011 October 30, 05:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please adjust radar tagging to include pets as well. Thanks.
Act
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2011 October 30, 21:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey there. I'm also getting the weird CTD issue where the crashing always occurs between 2:30 AM and 3:50 AM, except for me it happens no matter which household I'm in. When I take Awesome out, the crashes stop. If I go back to an earlier save and replay the day, sometimes the crash won't happen. In this way, I'm moved forward in time slowly. I'd say the crashing happens about 75% of nights and literally only in that time frame.

edit
: I'm all up to date and playing in Appaloosa Plains, FYI.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2011 October 30, 22:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is quite odd. Send a save before it crashes and let me know what you do that causes it, and I will examine.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: 2011 October 30, 23:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting a fatal error when I try to use debug (ctrl-shift) commands on any given sim. The fatal error disappears the second it pops up, though, so I can't grab any information from it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2011 October 30, 23:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't say I've seen that before. What manner of "Fatal Error"?

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: 2011 October 30, 23:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just the typical popup error window. Absolutely nothing goes wrong and when it goes away I simply get the ctrl-click menu as opposed to ctrl-shift-click.

If it means anything, it first happened when I was controlling a pet, and now happens no matter who I am controlling. I don't think "how something was clicked" would be something saved to persistent memory, though.

From the window all I could catch was it mentions a clicking definition, which is pretty obvious anyway. I'll see if I can snap a shot of it before it goes away.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2011 October 31, 01:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you got an FSE, the error log will be in your luserdirectory, even if you missed the popup.

Act
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2011 October 31, 14:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Linked is a save file that should crash around 3:28, if I remember correctly. It's always in the 0300 hour, but not always at the exact same time-- even if I reload the save file a bunch of times, the crash time will vary slightly. It's odd. As for what I'm doing that could contribute, it's hard to say-- I've left the game to run on its own free will for a while, without any outside commands by me, and it still happens.

http://www.mediafire.com/?pd85i3uhtpb7i1c

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2011 October 31, 16:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was unable to derive any useful test data from this file, as for some IDIOTIC reason, you did not PAUSE THE GAME before saving, so it immediately runs away before I can do anything with it.

DISREGARD: Despite the complete uselessness of your save, I solved the problem via applying an orbital strke to the problem. It was the only way to be sure. New version should resolve crash.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 31, 17:15:45 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2011 October 31, 16:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yesterday when playing I received an extremely large flagrant system error that I couldn't read, using the 10/26 version.  I didn't know I could get it from the user directory until just now.  I wasn't doing anything in particular when it happened, I believe it was at night.  I'm not sure how useful it is to you, since you updated to a new version today, but here it is just in case.

Code:
#0: 0x0000a callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.CAS.Sims3.Gameplay.CAS.OutfitUtils:SetOutfit (Sims3.SimIFace.CAS.SimBuilder,Sims3.SimIFace.CAS.SimOutfit,Sims3.Gameplay.CAS.SimDescriptionCore,ulong) ([256697E0] [00000000] [00000000] [-1/0xffffffffffffffff] )
#1: 0x0000e call       in Sims3.Gameplay.CAS.Sims3.Gameplay.CAS.OutfitUtils:SetOutfit (Sims3.SimIFace.CAS.SimBuilder,Sims3.SimIFace.CAS.SimOutfit,Sims3.Gameplay.CAS.SimDescriptionCore) ([256697E0] [00000000] [00000000] )
#2: 0x00033 call       in Sims3.Gameplay.CAS.Sims3.Gameplay.CAS.OutfitUtils:ApplyUniformToOutfit (Sims3.SimIFace.CAS.SimOutfit,Sims3.SimIFace.CAS.SimOutfit,Sims3.Gameplay.CAS.SimDescription,ulong,string) ([00000000] [174175F0] [25C9A490] [-1/0xffffffffffffffff] [17602BA0] )
#3: 0x00012 call       in Sims3.Gameplay.CAS.Sims3.Gameplay.CAS.OutfitUtils:ApplyUniformToOutfit (Sims3.SimIFace.CAS.SimOutfit,Sims3.SimIFace.CAS.SimOutfit,Sims3.Gameplay.CAS.SimDescription,string) ([00000000] [174175F0] [25C9A490] [17602BA0] )
#4: 0x0001c call       in Sims3.Gameplay.CAS.Sims3.Gameplay.CAS.OutfitUtils:TryApplyUniformToOutfit (Sims3.SimIFace.CAS.SimOutfit,Sims3.SimIFace.CAS.SimOutfit,Sims3.Gameplay.CAS.SimDescription,string,Sims3.SimIFace.CAS.SimOutfit&) ([00000000] [174175F0] [25C9A490] [17602BA0] [15F3878C] )
#5: 0x0004e call       in Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.Occupation:ApplyOccupationUniform (Sims3.SimIFace.CAS.SimOutfit) (19054540 [174175F0] )
#6: 0x0000c call       in Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.Occupation:SetOccupationOutfitForCurrentLevel () ()
#7: 0x00010 call       in Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.Career:SetLevel (Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.CareerLevel) (19054540 [162EFF00] )
#8: 0x00000            in Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.Career+SetLevelGeneric:Invoke (Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.CareerLevel) (167AEC30 [162EFF00] )
#9: 0x0007b callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.Career:SetStartingLevelGeneric (Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.CareerLevel,Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.Career/SetLevelGeneric,bool) (19054540 [00000000] [167AEC30] [1] )
#10: 0x0000c call       in Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.Career:SetStartingLevel (Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.CareerLevel) (19054540 [00000000] )
#11: 0x00044 call       in Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.Career:SetAttributesForNewJob (Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.CareerLocation,ulong,bool) (19054540 [14F6ABB8] [0/0x0] [0] )
#12: 0x0020d callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.CareerManager:AcquireOccupation (Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.AcquireOccupationParameters) (15D43D80 [vt:15F3844C] )
#13: 0x00010 callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.CAS.Sims3.Gameplay.CAS.SimDescription:AcquireOccupation (Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.AcquireOccupationParameters) (25C9A490 [vt:15F38374] )
#14: 0x0017f callvirt   in Awesome.StoryBus.Toadings.Awesome.StoryBus.Toadings.Work:ApplyForJob (Sims3.Gameplay.CAS.SimDescription,Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.OccupationNames) ([25C9A490] [-1025470320] )
#15: 0x00117 call       in Awesome.StoryBus.Toadings.Awesome.StoryBus.Toadings.Work:Execute () ()
#16: 0x00076 callvirt   in Awesome.StoryBus.Fambly+Member:Toad () ()
#17: 0x00127 callvirt   in Awesome.StoryBus.Awesome.StoryBus.Fambly:Toad () ()
#18: 0x0000b callvirt   in Awesome.StoryBus.Awesome.StoryBus.ToadMachine:BuyARandomToading () ()
#19: 0x00024 call       in Awesome.StoryBus.Awesome.StoryBus.Driver:OnTimer () ()
#20: 0x00000            in Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.AlarmTimerCallback:Invoke () ()
#21: 0x000f3 callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.AlarmManager:Simulate () ()
#22: 0x00005 callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Core.Sims3.Gameplay.Core.Lot:Simulate () ()
#23: 0x00022 ldc.i4.0   in ScriptCore.ScriptCore.ScriptProxy:Simulate () ()
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2011 October 31, 17:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This error indicates that a sim in your neighborhood, for some reason, has no uniform and is a disembodied floating...well, not even a head, apparently. It is a sign of some kind of neighborhood damage to a sim that is apparently outside of your awareness.

Recommended solution: Rapture. Tag anyone you consider important enough to keep at least temporarily "Chosen", then run therapture to dump anyone who won't be part of the new world.

Act
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2011 October 31, 19:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lo siento mucho. I have a mod that starts the game off paused automatically, so I didn't think of it. Silly oversight, but thanks nonetheless.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 31, 19:52:51 by Act » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: