More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:51:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475010 times)
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #150 on: 2011 October 23, 13:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When in doubt, nuke from orbit?
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2011 October 23, 15:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep getting the control panel/hud missing upon loading neighborhood. It had happened on 2 separate neighborhood now, both are appaloosa plains. It appears that the save is basically corrupted, as the entire household is missing. And if I tried to forcehud using mastercontroller and choose other households, the hud would be missing again. How can I stop this from happening? I didn't even "save and quit", just save.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2011 October 23, 15:39:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently started a new sim in a new town, and just went abroad with him for the first time, to Egypt. I collected all the items from egypt (camera/tent/shower-in-a-can/food/skill books etc.), and also got a load of gems from exploring the Great Sphinx (I was cursed by a mummy).

However, when I got back to my home town, a load of the items I had gathered had gone. All the gems/rocks, moneybags and artifacts, the storage chests, cherries, pomegranites, and crocodiles, the skill/food books, and I think all 3 cameras (I bought all 3 types of camera to test if the camera stuck bug affects all of them). Some stuff didn't dissappear, like the mummified teddy. The only error ErrorTrap recorded was the 4 crocodiles I tried to bring back:

Code:
System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
#0: 0x00014 ldfld.o    in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Fishing.Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Fishing.Fish:OnStartup () ()
#1: 0x000b1 callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.GameObject:Init (bool) (549768E8 [0] )
#2: 0x00029 callvirt   in ScriptCore.ScriptCore.ScriptProxy:SetLogic (Sims3.SimIFace.IScriptLogic,bool) (5D80E618 [549768E8] [0] )
#3: 0x00006 call       in ScriptCore.ScriptCore.ScriptProxy:SetLogic (Sims3.SimIFace.IScriptLogic) (5D80E618 [549768E8] )
#4: 0x0004c call       in ScriptCore.ScriptCore.ScriptProxy:CreateLogic (string) (5D80E618 [5D8EEC00] )

Object:

Name: Unknown Fish
 Type: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Fishing.Fish
 Object id: 0x56100044474c0490
 Position: (0.0000, 0.0000, 0.0000)
 Room id: 0
 Level: 0
 Flags: InWorld, IsUsed
 Lot: Sims3.Gameplay.Core.WorldLot
 Lot Name:
 Lot Address:
 World: AppaloosaPlains
 OnVacation: False
 Counter: 6
 Sim-Time: Wed. at 2:13 AM
 Real-Time: 10/23/2011 14:09:23

I am running Awesomemod (And it's config file), MasterController, MCIntegration, and ErrorTrap, as well as a few CC.

I posted this here as well as on the NRaas site because I don't know the cause.
Vertiginious
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2011 October 23, 17:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to be experiencing an aging problem with the latest version of AwesomeMod. I wanted to point this out because other users seem to have dismissed it as an Eaxian problem, but I don't have it without AM or with an older version of AM.

Basically, when I place a new family, they're almost totally done with their current ages instead of being near the beginning. Adults have about 17 days left (and I set it at 60), young adults have 0 (also set to 60) and indeed will age up the next day.

I do not have this problem with the un-modded game. Unmodded, it still starts a few days into the life stage, but only 2 or 3 so it doesn't bother me, whereas with AM it is almost completely done upon starting. It should be noted that the 10/19/11 8:09AM version of AM does not cause this problem for me. That version had no CTD issues for me, and no aging problems. Unfortunately, it had the bug of pet motives dropping in about 2 seconds, so I had to install the most recent one which seems stable in every way except for the age issue.

I don't know what exactly is causing this but how bad the bug is seems to vary depending upon the age lengths you set. Specifically, it seems like somehow the game is reading the % along the bar that you are, rather than the number of days you set. Here's what I mean:

When I select long sim lifespan and max all the bars out, as in Figure A, I get more days than when I set the sliders like in Figure B, despite the fact that Figure B is set to be more days than Figure A is.
When set like in Figure A, my adults start with around 37 days and young adults start with similar. Not terrible considering I only asked for 45.
But when I select epic sim lifespan and set my ideal numbers, as seen in Figure B, my adults start with around 17 days and my young adults start with 0! Which is pretty terrible considering what I tried to set it to. So I don't know if this makes sense from a programming standpoint, but it seems like somehow lifespans are determined by how maxed out the life bars are, rather than by the actual number of days you set.
When I max out epic lifespan, it is also not perfect but closer, giving me several 100 days, just not the full amount. It's not game breaking but it is pretty frustrating that right now I can only play with less than 45 days or more than 180 and nothing in between.
Vertiginious
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2011 October 23, 17:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This problem occurs in exactly the same way with pets, ftr.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2011 October 23, 18:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted this here as well as on the NRaas site because I don't know the cause.
I don't either. That error isn't an AwesomeMod error, nor does it reference any AwesomeMod code. So...I will watch for it, but it could just be your game buggered from something you did.

Basically, when I place a new family, they're almost totally done with their current ages instead of being near the beginning. Adults have about 17 days left (and I set it at 60), young adults have 0 (also set to 60) and indeed will age up the next day.
By "new fambly", do you mean that these sims are actually related, or that you just created a single sim? If this is happening with just a single sim unrelated to other sims, that is unusual. If it is happening to sims that you have made parents, children, siblings, etc, of each other, using AwesomeCASRules, this is normal: If you give a sim a child, its age will be bumped up to whatever it needs to be so that the sim could actually have the other sim as a child. This in turn dependent on your aging settings, where if you use unnatural values, your sims won't have lifecycles that are familiar to humans.

To avoid all this, I recommend getting the latest "ruleof6" defaults, which makes all of the age durations realistic for both people and animals (dogs last about 12+ scale years, cats about 14+, horses about 25+).

Anyway, if you're certain you haven't done anything weird and fallen into a logic trap, you can just reset entirely by typing "resetage" into the console with the debug commands enabled. I had that ages ago while hunting down other factors.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2011 October 23, 19:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I updated to the latest AM today, and am suddenly experiencing CTDs. I didn't have them before. I have cleared the cache, and tried again, but no matter what I've done since updating, as soon as my game loads and I unpause it crashes instantly. Nothing else has changed, just updated AM.
Vertiginious
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2011 October 23, 21:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By "new fambly", do you mean that these sims are actually related, or that you just created a single sim? If this is happening with just a single sim unrelated to other sims, that is unusual. If it is happening to sims that you have made parents, children, siblings, etc, of each other, using AwesomeCASRules, this is normal: If you give a sim a child, its age will be bumped up to whatever it needs to be so that the sim could actually have the other sim as a child. This in turn dependent on your aging settings, where if you use unnatural values, your sims won't have lifecycles that are familiar to humans.

To avoid all this, I recommend getting the latest "ruleof6" defaults, which makes all of the age durations realistic for both people and animals (dogs last about 12+ scale years, cats about 14+, horses about 25+).

Anyway, if you're certain you haven't done anything weird and fallen into a logic trap, you can just reset entirely by typing "resetage" into the console with the debug commands enabled. I had that ages ago while hunting down other factors.

Oops, yeah, that wasn't very specific. The sims in question aren't related. I haven't tested it out with children yet. I noticed the thing where young adult mothers will be aged up a bit before now. That's what I was referring to when I noticed discrepancies of a few days. I haven't tested out that family though since I noticed that issue. The sims I was having a problem with was a "family" of 6 sims, but all of them were unrelated young and regular adults, no children. So I couldn't figure out any logical reason for their ages to be advanced, especially not as far along as they were (my totally unattached young adult male began with 0 days left in that lifestage.) Just thought I'd clear that up in case it's relevant.

I will try both of the fixes that you suggest. Thank you.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2011 October 24, 00:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I updated to the latest AM today, and am suddenly experiencing CTDs. I didn't have them before. I have cleared the cache, and tried again, but no matter what I've done since updating, as soon as my game loads and I unpause it crashes instantly. Nothing else has changed, just updated AM.
Do new neighborhoods do the same thing? It's possible that something is wrong with your save.

So I couldn't figure out any logical reason for their ages to be advanced, especially not as far along as they were (my totally unattached young adult male began with 0 days left in that lifestage.) Just thought I'd clear that up in case it's relevant.
Could not reproduce, I created a YA sim in CAS and he was at the near-start of the age stage, as usual.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 24, 01:20:36 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2011 October 24, 02:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do new neighborhoods do the same thing? It's possible that something is wrong with your save.

I took AM out completely and had no CTD at all. I will put it in and load up the game to try a new neighborhood.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2011 October 24, 03:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, make certain you are using the latest: My game has been running very stably for hours now.

mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2011 October 24, 04:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded it again today when the game started crashing, and it was still happening, but it is the very latest one. On another note, I loaded a new neighborhood up, and no crashing. So then I went back into my old save and the game loaded up unpaused, and no crashing occurred. I did load it after taking AM out earlier today, and the saved & quit when it didn't crash, which reset the town by not having AM in. So maybe it was an action someone or something was doing that was crashing it before. Its not happening now, and I reloaded 5x earlier and crashed every time before taking AM out. So it wasn't a coincidence. I don't know what the deal is now, but it appears to be working fine.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2011 October 24, 04:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Latest version of awesomemod, every now and then I'll start getting freezes, these freezes last almost a minute or so until my game starts running again. Take AM out and get no freezes.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2011 October 24, 04:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't reproduce this. You're probably just doing something computationally intensive on a computer not well suited for it. Some of AwesomeMod's modules are more computationally intensive, including Supreme Commander and Story Progression, and running too many sims with these can occasionally cause hiccups.

Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2011 October 24, 13:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be fixed now. Was caused by the check for valid pregnancy uniforms, so as not to allow it if there weren't any valid uniforms installed, resulting in the sim disappearing, but animals don't have or need those.

Yes, I have now managed to get my horses to breed. For some reason, the "Pregnant" moodlet (that stork must have superpowers if it carries an actual foal) doesn't have an expiration time, so I'll be interested to see how long it takes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2011 October 24, 17:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The expiration time thing is an AwesomeMod feature. The Pets pregnancy controller is different, though. so I haven't gotten around to it yet...guess I should add that.

Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2011 October 24, 21:25:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, then that countdown is one more example for how one gets used to the awesomeness so that one believes it is a game feature...

I have observed something else that might be Awesomemod-related: Young animals are not supposed to have/fulfill wishes. But it does appear that they do in fact get them. Even though the relevant interface slot for a new wish is covered up, the halo-like effect that happens with a new wish appearing can sometimes be seen shining behind it, and if one changes between Sims quickly, one can sometimes get a glimpse of the icon of the wish in the upper panel.

It's also possible to fulfill these wishes - one sometimes sees a number of points and the Lifetime Reward symbol appear over the head of the animal, for example if it is hungry and one sends it to eat while it apparently had a wish to do so. Probably somehow connected to the Awesomemod feature of getting points for non-locked wishes?
Ninjin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2011 October 24, 23:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mare is for a reason or another unable to conceive with AM enabled. I removed all mods and put them back one by one, AM is the one causing this, no conflicting mods enabled. At least one other person is suffering the same bug. I'm not sure if this breeding problem spans onto other pets. Paid fertilization isn't working either. Sims are having babies just fine, however.
I'm running the latest version of AM.
darkbard
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2011 October 25, 01:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mare is for a reason or another unable to conceive with AM enabled. I removed all mods and put them back one by one, AM is the one causing this, no conflicting mods enabled. At least one other person is suffering the same bug. I'm not sure if this breeding problem spans onto other pets. Paid fertilization isn't working either. Sims are having babies just fine, however.
I'm running the latest version of AM.

Curiously enough, it was my male sim shooting blanks, but as soon as I updated AM to the most current test version, suddenly boom, he got the bullseye and she was running for the toilet to throw up. Weirdly, my stallion has done alright, particularly with this recent test build.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2011 October 25, 06:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have observed something else that might be Awesomemod-related: Young animals are not supposed to have/fulfill wishes. But it does appear that they do in fact get them.
Not AwesomeMod, since AwesomeMod does not give or remove wants. If they're really there, then they're really there, no matter how you try to cover them up with a plastic interface cover.

It's also possible to fulfill these wishes - one sometimes sees a number of points and the Lifetime Reward symbol appear over the head of the animal, for example if it is hungry and one sends it to eat while it apparently had a wish to do so. Probably somehow connected to the Awesomemod feature of getting points for non-locked wishes?
Not seeing the problem. That's what's supposed to happen.

Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2011 October 25, 18:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the latest build, I get that my game lags out if I put even one sim on Supreme Commander. If I take SC off again, my game runs smooth as a baby's back, but as soon as I put any sim under SC, it lags so bad that I can't even get it to pause without waiting 6 minutes (yes I timed). I know you said SC is computar intensive, but can it be <i>this</i> much of a difference?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2011 October 25, 18:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously? ONE sim? I can't say I've noticed this. I run entire famblies of 4 or 5 sims along with several others in other households just fine. Admittedly I have a fairly beefy machine, but TS3 is extremely bad at using newer machines anyway, so the performance difference should be minimal at best, since TS3 is still single-core-only, having basically no ability to use multiple cores. The only reason I can think of that this might happen is that you've constructed an intentionally degenerate neighborhood optimized for worst-case performance of everything. I can't even imagine what that would look like.

Monty
Asinine Airhead

I will make them love me.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: 2011 October 25, 18:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the latest version of Awesomemod and that.

Peerblock is telling me that Sims 3 is phoning home even though Awesomemod is meant to have stopped it.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2011 October 25, 19:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously? ONE sim? I can't say I've noticed this. I run entire famblies of 4 or 5 sims along with several others in other households just fine. Admittedly I have a fairly beefy machine, but TS3 is extremely bad at using newer machines anyway, so the performance difference should be minimal at best, since TS3 is still single-core-only, having basically no ability to use multiple cores. The only reason I can think of that this might happen is that you've constructed an intentionally degenerate neighborhood optimized for worst-case performance of everything. I can't even imagine what that would look like.

Actually, it was on a vacation hood - in France. In Normal Hood, it works fine again. Huh.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
wyvern
Asinine Airhead

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2011 October 26, 03:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it was on a vacation hood - in France. In Normal Hood, it works fine again. Huh.

I noticed this yesterday with a sim in Egypt. I had set him to "Collect Dig Sites" with SC and my game would seemingly suddenly start to run at a crawl at random as you described. I finally figured out that it was happening when he was trying to reach the unreachable excavation sites on the small island there.

The action would queue up, it would get the blocked thought bubble, and then re-queue. Anyway, whenever those particular sites which he could not reach became the 'target' for SC, my game crawled almost to a halt. I'd pause the game, cancel SC, teleport him to the island to clear the excavation sites then pop him back onto the mainland and turn SC back on. Stopped the freezing completely. It's an easily reproducible error. If you set a sim to that task from the expensive Egyptian house those are the first sites the sim targets.

I'm using 1.24 final and have the all expansions and stuff packs except pets. Game is patched to 1.24. Date on Awesome.package is 10/18/11 at 10:14 AM.

« Last Edit: 2011 October 26, 03:45:38 by wyvern » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: