More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:43:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475248 times)
LadyAmarra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #125 on: 2011 October 22, 17:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good news, all errors I found yesterday have been solved with the latest version update. No crash, no motive drop, no dead animals. And the Overstuffed houses works too, with all animals and all essential functions.

However, there is a moodlet thing going on. I don't know if it's EA fail, or not, but when I teach a kid to talk or walk, all members of the household have the notification that they just showed toddler x how to walk/talk. The same happens with the pregnancy annoucements and the reading of the pregnancy books. All members of the household, even toddler aged kids have the notice. Does this have to do with AM?
Maranatah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2011 October 22, 18:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else getting the age sliders reset to 0 every time the game loads? It seems to happen even without AM so I guess it's Eaxis fail (once again)?
Shadowsong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2011 October 22, 19:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Awesomemod breeding horses doesn't cause pregnancy. The animation plays fine, however there is no 'impregnation successful' sound nor foal after any amount of time. Without Awesome all seems fine (apart from pathfinding).
Testing with other animals including sims.
LadyAmarra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2011 October 22, 20:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The impregnating of Sims works fine, but the chime doesn't come everytime. Then again, I thought that was supposed to happen. (or not to happen)
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2011 October 22, 21:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The actual interaction of Fight->Fight! crashes with AwesomeMod.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: 2011 October 22, 22:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Addtrait neat' adds 'neatpet' trait to humanoid sims.

edit: Got this while switching to the household of a time machine clone.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2011 October 22, 22:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, still trying to pinpoint if AM is the cause or not.

Had a premade sim in Appaloosa Plains visit the hotspot of the night and saved just as he arrived on the lot. Despite there being a rope on the door and a bouncer he walks straight THROUGH the rope and door, niether open, and enters the lot. Me being me, I told him to ask the bouncer for access, so he walks back outside, this time with both the door and rope opening for him only to have the game lock up and CTD as soon as he begins to speak to the bouncer.

Taking AM out and this doesn't happen although that could be as both Sims, mine and the bouncer, get reset when I take AM out and run the save.

ETA: Ran the save again with AM in and cancelled the interaction to go to the lot. He continued to walk through both rope and door again without them opening. Got him back outside on the porch and waited for his action que to be empty before clicking on the bouncer and selecting "Ask to let in". The lock up and CTD happened again as soon as they began to interact, so there is a bug somewhere there.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 22, 22:50:24 by Menaceman » Logged
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: 2011 October 22, 23:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears as if the save file that generated that error is now corrupt.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
blackninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2011 October 23, 00:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey guys, have encounter a few small, non game breaking issues since new AM update.  While the game works, thank God, I'm having a couple aesthetic and building errors.

1st.  My main sim will not stop dripping water, as if he is sweating or soaked.  He was just working out, I think it is a bug that got stuck to him while working out. Its hard to see but you can see droplets, and they countinue while in live mode. Picture followed:

2nd. Next issue I got while building.  I was trying to stretch out the foundations, it works fine if im going horizontal, but if I try to strech it vertically it gives me horizontal errors and pulling it does nothing.  Picture as follows:

3rd. Final issue, you can see it in last picture kind of, that set of round stairs that goes into my basement.  Before patch 1.26 I could use the stairs to get into my basement, no problem, even with foundation all around it.  Post past 1.26 I can not go down my stairs unless I delete like a 10x10 square of foundation around it before I can use it. I know your not supposed to be able to put those stairs in foundation but it wasn't a problem before.
Jezabel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2011 October 23, 01:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Awesomemod breeding horses doesn't cause pregnancy. The animation plays fine, however there is no 'impregnation successful' sound nor foal after any amount of time. Without Awesome all seems fine (apart from pathfinding).
Testing with other animals including sims.

I'm playing with AM, and I have no problem breeding my horses. I just got the message saying that my mare is prengnant.
But I have Twallan's Woohooer too, so maybe that's the reason as it affects pets Woohoo as well...
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2011 October 23, 01:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3rd. Final issue, you can see it in last picture kind of, that set of round stairs that goes into my basement.  Before patch 1.26 I could use the stairs to get into my basement, no problem, even with foundation all around it.  Post past 1.26 I can not go down my stairs unless I delete like a 10x10 square of foundation around it before I can use it. I know your not supposed to be able to put those stairs in foundation but it wasn't a problem before.
I believe this problem is EAxian in origin, going by similar reports by people who don't use AM. And I'm personally finding that I can't even place basement stairs on lots even if the offending foundation is deleted entirely.  Undecided
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2011 October 23, 02:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buzz_DigSiteFixer.package (does awesomemod render this one unnecessary?)
They fixed it with the patch. It's unnecessary now.

Finally.Could an unnecessary mod cause a conflict and crash the game somehow? Because now it crashes when I save and quit the game occasionally (save game ends up fine, it seems to crash as soon as it's done writing the save files) and just once in Hidden Springs and both crashes were caused by Custom Content according to the crash log analyzer.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2011 October 23, 02:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had a premade sim in Appaloosa Plains visit the hotspot of the night and saved just as he arrived on the lot. Despite there being a rope on the door and a bouncer he walks straight THROUGH the rope and door, niether open, and enters the lot. Me being me, I told him to ask the bouncer for access, so he walks back outside, this time with both the door and rope opening for him only to have the game lock up and CTD as soon as he begins to speak to the bouncer.
Far as I know, not an AwesomeMod problem since there's nothing modded there, and it doesn't happen to me when I enter bars.

The actual interaction of Fight->Fight! crashes with AwesomeMod.
Fixed.

'Addtrait neat' adds 'neatpet' trait to humanoid sims.
Altered parser priority to favor exact matches to internal name first.

edit: Got this while switching to the household of a time machine clone.
Neighborhood is corrupt, you have duplicates in your neighborhood.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
blackninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2011 October 23, 04:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just installed the newest version of AM. I loaded up my save, and my main sim had an action in his que, move clothes to dryer, that was canceled when I told him to do something.  The action however stayed in his que, with the red x over it, not being removed.  I set time to fastest you can do without console, and he sat there for about 3 hours not moving with the action not being dropped.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2011 October 23, 04:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Game seems to be stable for me now after deleting all my .cache files and removing that digsite fix mod.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2011 October 23, 06:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just installed the newest version of AM. I loaded up my save, and my main sim had an action in his que, move clothes to dryer, that was canceled when I told him to do something.  The action however stayed in his que, with the red x over it, not being removed.
CRTL-Shift-Click -> Force Reset. That has nothing to do with AwesomeMod, that's regular borkedness.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
blackninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2011 October 23, 06:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just installed the newest version of AM. I loaded up my save, and my main sim had an action in his que, move clothes to dryer, that was canceled when I told him to do something.  The action however stayed in his que, with the red x over it, not being removed.
CRTL-Shift-Click -> Force Reset. That has nothing to do with AwesomeMod, that's regular borkedness.

Yea I figured I could just reset sim but I didn't know if I should report or not, so I stayed on safe side, thanks!
Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2011 October 23, 06:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Awesomemod breeding horses doesn't cause pregnancy. The animation plays fine, however there is no 'impregnation successful' sound nor foal after any amount of time.

Having the same problem, although I haven't tested without Awesomemod yet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2011 October 23, 07:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be fixed now. Was caused by the check for valid pregnancy uniforms, so as not to allow it if there weren't any valid uniforms installed, resulting in the sim disappearing, but animals don't have or need those.

LeeMortis
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2011 October 23, 09:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[MOVED FROM GENERAL AWESOME DISCUSSIONS]

Noticed on Awesome for patch 1.26 that it has not been tested with Pets, but thought I'd report my findings anyway.

I've suffered constant crashing in The Sims 3 Pets, and by default I blamed EA (who wouldn't?). So, I uninstalled the works, and put pure vanilla back in my computer. Game didn't crash. After adding one thing after the other into the game to see if and when it would crash, I hate to report that Awesome causes Pets to CTD. I have tested with vanilla+awesome only, twice - crashes both times. Without awesome, it hasn't crashed yet.

Is this something anyone else has experienced? Could it be some of my specific awesome settings?

Having been a long-time user (albeit first time poster) of this mod, I find it unbearable to think I cannot have it in my game... well, I probably won't even play the Sims without it. I can provide all possible information if needed. And, just in case some smartass wants to ask - yes, I'm well above minimum reqs, drivers are up to date, and yadda yadda. This time, as much as I hate to admit it, awesome is the sole cause of the crashes for me atm (that is, until I continue testing EA crap, as I am currently testing vanilla against mods until I have determined which ones are defenitely safe).

-------------

Added today... after my continued testing, it is now conclusive. Hopefully you can find the issue. Like I said... this is with awesome and 100% vanilla Sims 3, all expansions + high-end loft. So it's not a conflict with another mod or anything.

Noticed you updated awesome today. Giving that a run now, and I'll let you know if it changes anything.

SOLVED:

Yes, the new version seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks ! Now I can begin exploring the world of Pets.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 23, 10:45:46 by LeeMortis » Logged
Beldara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2011 October 23, 09:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

latest version has fixed my crashing issues, thank you Pescado for your work Smiley

KRYTEN: Absolutely sir, with the Kinitawowi *not* skinning you alive the moment they set eyes on you is one of their warmest greetings.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2011 October 23, 09:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[MOVED FROM GENERAL AWESOME DISCUSSIONS]

Noticed on Awesome for patch 1.26 that it has not been tested with Pets, but thought I'd report my findings anyway.

I've suffered constant crashing in The Sims 3 Pets, and by default I blamed EA (who wouldn't?). So, I uninstalled the works, and put pure vanilla back in my computer. Game didn't crash. After adding one thing after the other into the game to see if and when it would crash, I hate to report that Awesome causes Pets to CTD. I have tested with vanilla+awesome only, twice - crashes both times. Without awesome, it hasn't crashed yet.

Is this something anyone else has experienced? Could it be some of my specific awesome settings?

Having been a long-time user (albeit first time poster) of this mod, I find it unbearable to think I cannot have it in my game... well, I probably won't even play the Sims without it. I can provide all possible information if needed. And, just in case some smartass wants to ask - yes, I'm well above minimum reqs, drivers are up to date, and yadda yadda. This time, as much as I hate to admit it, awesome is the sole cause of the crashes for me atm (that is, until I continue testing EA crap, as I am currently testing vanilla against mods until I have determined which ones are defenitely safe).

-------------

Added today... after my continued testing, it is now conclusive. Hopefully you can find the issue. Like I said... this is with awesome and 100% vanilla Sims 3, all expansions + high-end loft. So it's not a conflict with another mod or anything.

Noticed you updated awesome today. Giving that a run now, and I'll let you know if it changes anything.

Clearing all my caches finally stopped the crashing for me. Try deleting CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache and simCompositorCache after updating to the latest version.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2011 October 23, 11:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ScriptCache is the only thing worth trying to clear, deleting the others will just slow down your game.

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2011 October 23, 11:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those n00btard mods at the TS3 site lied to me.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2011 October 23, 13:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, lied implies it was done maliciously. Honestly, we delete those files as a traditional voodoo rite. Nobody really knows why, how, or if it works. However, while all the other files have known functions that have nothing to do with scripts and are therefore unlikely to crash, the tiny scriptcache file is a bit of a mystery, since it serves no apparently useful purpose...so...we nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: