More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:09:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475095 times)
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #75 on: 2011 October 21, 16:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, crashed again. This time it happened when I clicked on the water trough thingy.
Maranatah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2011 October 21, 17:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Small bug but I may aswell mention it. It appears when changing the lot zoning to community. The lot type list looks like this with AM:

After removing AM it returns to normal. Weird...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2011 October 21, 17:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is "normal"? Show me a screenshot of "normal". What's "normally" in that blank area, if anything?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
blackninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2011 October 21, 17:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed the new version of AM.  It worked a lot longer than it has been working, let me play maybe like 2-3 minutes instead of 10 seconds.  Still CTD though after a few minutes.  I have no CC, no othermods, full clean install except for AM.  Although I was having crashing problems without AM, although that could have been related to an outdated no cd crack.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2011 October 21, 17:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what the list looks like (to me) without AM.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Maranatah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2011 October 21, 18:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like above for me too without AM.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: 2011 October 21, 18:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When my sim was trying to train her new dog to hunt with AM in place, to see if there was a conflict with the newly fixed Spellbook/Fountain, both of their needs started dropping rapidly to the point where I had to set needs to static to keep them from dying instantly.

edit: And I crashed about 8 sim hours later.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 21, 18:41:27 by Moryrie » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2011 October 21, 18:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's quite odd, considering that nothing has modded dog training yet. Do you have a save of this setup right before it occurs, along with what you do to trigger it, that I could look at?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 2011 October 21, 19:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. But I could probably re-create one.

Got it. Just have the lady select the 'train to hunt' option on the adult dog. Dogs motives will drop. Fast. If you raise the dog's motives up, they'll continue dropping again. Sim's motives are dropping too, but not as fast as the dog's.

http://www.mediafire.com/?r6slec367xa05b0
« Last Edit: 2011 October 21, 19:34:24 by Moryrie » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2011 October 21, 19:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Investigated motive drop issue. Apparently it is caused by chain-EAxis-fail, because they made some odd assumptions in the code without bothering to error-check. No idea WHY that happens. The error probably exists in the EAxis version, too, but is hidden from the user because of the way they timestamp.

Sulis
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2011 October 21, 20:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Registered to report a bug.

My sim is a firefighter and the game was running fine until she got a disaster job to deal with, it crashed to desktop after a few minutes, I've updated to the latest AM and taken out all other mods and it's still happening. She works from home and had recently got a horse. I don't know if it's the horse or the job causing the crash. Is there any other information you need?
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2011 October 21, 21:06:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Small bug but I may aswell mention it. It appears when changing the lot zoning to community. The lot type list looks like this with AM:
*snipped*
After removing AM it returns to normal. Weird...
I'm also experiencing this. I suppose it's hardly gamebreaking... but still, it's a visual annoyance.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2011 October 21, 21:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Relating to the dog motive drop when training. I haven't tried it in game myself but believe it may be partially deliberate due to this info found in the Lessons; "Make sure to include some play time in between training sessions as dogs can quickly become fatigued while being trained".

ETA: Should have kept my mouth shut until I tested in game myself. Played first off without AM and trained a dog to level one of hunting with no issues what so ever. Motive drop was very reasonable.

Reloaded the save today to contiinue training and, after the Sim and dog were reset in place and I re-qued training, the dog's motives dropped almost immediately into the red!
« Last Edit: 2011 October 22, 14:10:43 by Menaceman » Logged
LadyAmarra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2011 October 21, 23:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found the following: The rapid motive drop is not only a dog thing. Horses seem to have it too. I played a horse for several hours without AM and he's at level 9 now, barely dropping a sweat - with AM however, his motives drop within about a second into the red. Especially the thirst is red so fast, he virtually drops the training action as soon as the icon pops up in the corner which makes training impossible.

The game also still crashes - black screen and the previously mentioned Sims 3 does not work anymore note: it takes between a couple of seconds and a whole sims day.
wowzeroonie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2011 October 22, 00:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Testing with AM being the only mod in my folder; it crashes every time that I try to go through a tomb in World Adventures.

When I remove AM, it plays just fine and doesn't crash.

I have patch 1.26 but I don't have Pets.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: 2011 October 22, 01:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Relating to the dog motive drop when training. I haven't tried it in game myself but believe it may be partially deliberate due to this info found in the Lessons; "Make sure to include some play time in between training sessions as dogs can quickly become fatigued while being trained".
This is more than 'quickly fatigued'. This is everything but social and fun dropping at a rate that causes a 'feed your dog before the social worker comes and gets him' balloon to pop up, within a few seconds of initiating the action.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2011 October 22, 02:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check the latest version, this should be fixed now.

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2011 October 22, 02:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trying newest versioon, hopefuly the crash is fixed :S
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2011 October 22, 02:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cannot identify any reason for Pet Store Register malfunctions, as this is an unmodified core-game object not intrinsic to the store.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: 2011 October 22, 02:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still getting CTD with absolute newest AM.
Trinity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2011 October 22, 02:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the motive drop is crazy! It happened to me with a horse ... every time I would send the horse off lot to anywhere it's motives would drop very quickly. I have been playing with AM removed for about a sim week now and all the animals can leave the lot with worrying about them getting taken by the social worker or whatever it is that comes to take them.

I should say that I didn't play with AM for very long, because my stupid pets kept getting taken away because I wasn't realizing what was happening, till my horse that had all high motives got taken away when I sent him to the equestrian park. I had sent my sim over there to make him happy again but she was at work and by the time she got there it was too late.  Grin

Also I was playing one of the pre-made families the Marshall family and I noticed I could not send both adults to work at the same time, every time I would try to send the husband or wife to work and the other was already there, the one I was trying to send just kinda dropped the que. He/she would call the cab or the family vehicle but it would just drop out of the que. Not sure what was going on, I thought maybe it was because they had a fowl but when the horse grew up, they still couldn't leave the house at the same time.  Huh

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2011 October 22, 02:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crashed again.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2011 October 22, 02:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just uploaded the newest version and I CTD within a minute of game play. AM is the only mod, I have PETS now, and patched to 1.26.

meh.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2011 October 22, 03:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, mine lasted 15 minutes this time.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2011 October 22, 03:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I found out the cause of the "Blank lines" in Edit Town, anyway: Having EnableLotLocking that enables you to click the locks also displays "hidden" lot types, which do not have strings. Not really AwesomeMod specific, other than that AwesomeMod turns that on when you enable testingcheats by default. Next version will include added strings. Trying to reproduce mysterious crashes now.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: