More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:23:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475233 times)
Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #1100 on: 2013 March 04, 13:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now my game has problems with having kittens. It crashed twice in the row when the birth started; as I had gone to a pre-conception save the second time and had the cats have another go at it, the two births were at different times, so I doubt it was anything else happening at the same time. The birth worked without issue when I removed AM; it was a save made with an already pregnant cat that had previously crashed, too.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: 2013 March 04, 18:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of the confusion may be coming from the fact that there is still an older test version in the test folder on the alpha.moreawesomethanyou.com site.  I think some people may be downloading that and assuming it's the latest version.

That was not the case with me. I downloaded from here. However, I downloaded AM again today (from the Shiny! thread), and the game is no longer whining about it being outdated. Either the FOJ fixed the problem, or it was PEBKAC all along.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: 2013 March 04, 19:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I didn't get the whine about having an outdated mod when I used the mod form the shiny thread, but I still had the game crash when I tried to move someone with the phone/computer.  Moving from Edit Town is fine.  My only comfort at this point is the hysteria that will occur when University Life comes out with it's own special issues.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: 2013 March 04, 20:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was not the case with me. I downloaded from here. However, I downloaded AM again today (from the Shiny! thread), and the game is no longer whining about it being outdated. Either the FOJ fixed the problem, or it was PEBKAC all along.

It was neither.  Alpha and gamma mirrors link to the new AM while beta is the January version, and the Configurator links to the beta mirror AM.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: 2013 March 05, 01:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's nice. Care to give the links indicating which are alpha and gamma?
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: 2013 March 05, 04:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's nice. Care to give the links indicating which are alpha and gamma?

The ones that say "alpha" and "gamma" in them.

Just wanted to add I got mine from the alpha mirror so it's not out dated. I removed all other mods and it still crashes every time at the same time. If I reset the world then it crashes at 6:32AM. Something is firing that takes it down. Possibly the carpool or could be one of my inactives attempting to give birth if such is causing crashing.
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: 2013 March 06, 16:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't even get past 3:55 AM before the game crashes. Awesomemod is the only mod installed, its version is March 2nd, and my game is on 1.50. Pretty much the same kind of problem that Chain Reaction is having. :/
pepsihamster
Asinine Airhead

Jummy, mhmm!

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: 2013 March 06, 16:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was neither.  Alpha and gamma mirrors link to the new AM while beta is the January version, and the Configurator links to the beta mirror AM.

Thank Goodness for that info. I didn't want to install the new 1.50 patch yet, but my AM just expired on me so I had to get another one. The beta link was a game saver for me. Yay!
Quijotesca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: 2013 March 06, 19:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game locks up and crashes when I try to load it with AM. Sometimes, it works for a few seconds, but my Sims have no wants and I can't get to the Sim panels.  I'm an idiot who has University installed already.

My latest test run gave me a FLAGRANT SYSTEM ERROR so I screencapped it.
« Last Edit: 2013 March 10, 00:25:58 by Quijotesca » Logged
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: 2013 March 06, 22:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm an idiot who has University installed already.

There's the trouble dumbass. AM is not ready for University yet. Gawd, some critical thinking skills would not go amiss.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Quijotesca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: 2013 March 06, 23:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweet! I finally got insulted! But it was after I insulted myself, so it feels kind of hollow.

I posted because my errors didn't seem that different from some of the other ones being reported.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: 2013 March 07, 14:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have University Life installed and was able to play for several hours with AM and I had no crashes or any other issues. So AwesomeMod does seem to work fine with UL installed.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: 2013 March 07, 18:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have also been playing successfully with UL installed and the current AM without any issues, other than what seem to be stupid EAxis game behaviour.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
siriusthinking
Asinine Airhead

Lurker since July 29, 2005!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1113 on: 2013 March 07, 19:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I've been playing with AM since UL came out too, no issues.  Well, actually my university world has no books anywhere (library, bookcases, bookstore, comic book store) but I'm too lazy to try playing without AM to test it.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: 2013 March 07, 19:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those who are playing without issues: Are you using the AM config file too?
I ask because I tried to play with AM installed and my Sims couldn't leave work (one was at work the other was playing a concert). I removed AM and the AM config file, and it seemed to work fine. I sent one Sim off to Uni to check it out, and when he returned I saved and tried AM again, without issue, but I haven't tried the config file yet.
siriusthinking
Asinine Airhead

Lurker since July 29, 2005!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1115 on: 2013 March 07, 20:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: 2013 March 07, 20:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game freezes and then crashes a sim day later for me. Either it's the patch fucking up or AM.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: 2013 March 07, 20:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tested it with University as well, but found that Awesome story progression pushed University world students into regular careers they shouldn't have and also caused some to quit their Uni careers.  The students with non-university world jobs then failed to perform those jobs.  I have had one Awesome error picked up by Error Trap regarding university rabbitholes (I'll post it later if needed).  So no, it isn't working without issue for the new expansion, as would be expected if it has not actually been updated for UL.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: 2013 March 07, 21:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play with Story Progression turned off, so I guess that explains why I wasn't seeing any issues.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: 2013 March 07, 22:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.

I tested it with University as well, but found that Awesome story progression pushed University world students into regular careers they shouldn't have and also caused some to quit their Uni careers.  The students with non-university world jobs then failed to perform those jobs.

I haven't paid much attention, but I think I'm experiencing that, too. I'll have to watch the "Inform on Story Action" notifications a bit closer to verify.

Parties are broken. When a Sim gets invited and accepts, I still get notifications about when it starts, but there's no indicator on the map, and if I send her to the location, there's no party. Then, later on, I get a notification that she missed the party. I'm betting this all has to do with the new, improved smartphone somehow conflicting with AM.

I'm also unable to "Propose Going Steady," at least in University town, but this might be due to the "Commitment Issues" trait or the fact that my Sim has several boyfriends already, as opposed to AM.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: 2013 March 08, 01:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disabled Story Progression behavior in University Worlds.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SendMeLies
Blathering Buffoon

See if I care.

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: 2013 March 08, 07:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Parties are broken. When a Sim gets invited and accepts, I still get notifications about when it starts, but there's no indicator on the map, and if I send her to the location, there's no party. Then, later on, I get a notification that she missed the party. I'm betting this all has to do with the new, improved smartphone somehow conflicting with AM.

I tested the game with no mods. Some parties (kegger, bonfire) need confirmation via text message, the party scenario only starts *after* receiving the text. The notification telling you missed it comes from a phone call, as usual.

I got a weird error, though. With AM installed my sim was hanging out at the sorority after a kegger party, near the garage door. The party already ended, so I didn't get kicked out of the lot, but when the game deleted the keg by the pool I got a flagrant system error.
deadmagick
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: 2013 March 08, 11:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TS2 aging isn't working.
Selene_Ravenwind
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: 2013 March 08, 11:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Might be a bit late to the party here but I had a sim about to graduate from university and this popped up twice. http://oi50.tinypic.com/33louqg.jpg
When the sim graduated and the "going home" screen loaded, it took me back to the university map without my sim instead of going to my sim's home world.
Will the disabled story progression fix this or is this a different problem?

Update: I updated my awesomemod and reloaded my save from before the error message and did not have the issue this time.
« Last Edit: 2013 March 09, 18:44:34 by Selene_Ravenwind » Logged
KrazeyZomby
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: 2013 March 08, 14:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I think that the only thing missing is the map indicator. My sim had a party thrown in fraternity he lived in, so he basically had to attend. It fulfilled his wish to attend a party and I later got the "thanks for coming to my party" notification. I'm pretty sure there were some more people than just residents, though even if there weren't any it wouldn't say much, as NPC parties are kind of lame anyway and host is frequently the only sim present. It's been like that since Late Night, at least for me.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: